Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
Better play every day for basically two years to get your Primed Shred.
It's like other Shred, only better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Sandweed posted:

They are considering bringing them back.

They won't do it.

Also, a PSA:

Conclave is Awful.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
I like Inaros because he's such an rear end in a top hat from the enemy perspective. He is covered in horrible beetles that make him really hard to kill, and also if he gets slightly injured he just loving eats one of your friends and there's nothing you can do about it. Then he fights in the most scumbag way possible by throwing pocket sand everywhere and knifing you while you stagger blindly.

The fact that he sometimes turns into a tasmanian devil just adds insult to injury.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

The Gorp posted:

loving dumb. I'm about to get the 100 day login and it's a stupid system

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

The Gorp posted:

I'm like 10 days away from having to forma all my guns.

ËDIT: Is there any way inngame to see what zaws you have mastered or do I need to make a spreadsheet?

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired

Tallgeese posted:

Conclave is Awful.

I will defend it as a fun distraction.
Never attempt to interpret it as a faction to level up.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Tallgeese posted:

They won't do it.

Also, a PSA:

Conclave is Awful.

Going 1v1 against you was pretty fun. I'd like to fight more goons and I still think we should get a PvP league going.

The Gorp posted:

I will defend it as a fun distraction.
Never attempt to interpret it as a faction to level up.

Conclave has barely any rewards. Really plain weapon skins, mods only usable in conclave, a syandana that only looks good after you've done your PvP dailies, another source of exilus blueprints, relic packs and (:laffo:) the three starter frames. It's garbage and needs some better rewards.

Of course, I'm still going to max it out.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Cicadalek posted:

I like Inaros because he's such an rear end in a top hat from the enemy perspective. He is covered in horrible beetles that make him really hard to kill, and also if he gets slightly injured he just loving eats one of your friends and there's nothing you can do about it. Then he fights in the most scumbag way possible by throwing pocket sand everywhere and knifing you while you stagger blindly.

The fact that he sometimes turns into a tasmanian devil just adds insult to injury.

I love my undying mummy frame

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Sandweed posted:

I'm like 10 days away from having to forma all my guns.

ËDIT: Is there any way inngame to see what zaws you have mastered or do I need to make a spreadsheet?

The zaw heads are all in the melee section of Equipment in your profile. They're just mixed in with everything else.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

super sweet best pal posted:

Going 1v1 against you was pretty fun. I'd like to fight more goons and I still think we should get a PvP league going.

Conclave has barely any rewards. Really plain weapon skins, mods only usable in conclave, a syandana that only looks good after you've done your PvP dailies, another source of exilus blueprints, relic packs and (:laffo:) the three starter frames. It's garbage and needs some better rewards.

Of course, I'm still going to max it out.

Plain skins are good!

I will defend the nikana skin to the death.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

The Gorp posted:

The "great" thing about this system is that if you have to stop playing for a long period of time you might as well stop forever since you're now always going to be lagging behind the reward train, with no way to compensate for it.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Tallgeese posted:

Plain skins are good!

I will defend the nikana skin to the death.

True that! Got it for my excal exalted blade build. The opticor skin is glorious as well, Tron laser canon all the way!

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

I played conclave with goons one evening and it was a lot of fun, but I didn't get any rewards for it which is annoying.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Halser posted:

The "great" thing about this system is that if you have to stop playing for a long period of time you might as well stop forever since you're now always going to be lagging behind the reward train, with no way to compensate for it.

Yes, there's really no way to play the game without Primed Shred is there except all the ways you could do that.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Halser posted:

That is slated to change at some point, at least.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Night10194 posted:

Yes, there's really no way to play the game without Primed Shred is there except all the ways you could do that.

Well that's true if you play the game to have fun instead of collecting all the shiny poo poo you could possibly get.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
personally I'm planning on putting a shotgun in my mouth if I miss even one day of login rewards

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

AttackBacon posted:

As far as I'm concerned there's one main decision to make ... Hunter Munitions or Shred (Primed Shred ideally) ... Vigilante Armaments or Heavy Cal, go for Corrosive or Gas, and otherwise do a standard build (no Hunter Munitions).... Argon Scope with a Viral combo. I feel that the 60/60 mods are generally better than the 90's for both builds, base status is low but RoF (and punch through in the first build) mean you get lots of procs anyways and those procs will generally either be a Slash proc or your elemental combo, all of which are good multipliers.

I haven't messed around with builds in ages... what changes if I shoot from the hip + aim at center of mass (i.e., few headshots)? Vigilante Armaments + Heavy Cal + standard stuff?

If it makes a difference, I tend to grab tenora over soma p for fashion-frame reasons.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits

Halser posted:

I stopped playing for half a year, I don't have Primed Shred, I do my daily Sorties without much of a problem and do high-level defenses. It's a nice mod for some builds, but it's nothing you need to have to be able to finish any of the content. This game allows you to do super optimal builds for specific applications, but most of the time, there is no need to actually do that besides the fun of optimization itself. Also, a good Riven will beat out most regular and primed mods for specific purposes, but no amount of log-in rewards will get you that, it's just luck, a good friend or a poo poo ton of plat that will allow you to get your hands on that.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I'm going to potato Hema on principle.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Ive gotten nothing but statues and blue resource boosters from my sorties for the last month. While the statues ended up getting burned for the baro mods I wish I'd get cool stuff instead.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Soothing Vapors posted:

personally I'm planning on putting a shotgun in my mouth if I miss even one day of login rewards

There's just no reason to play if I can't unlock totally unnecessary mods and poo poo weapons as quickly as possible. I missed a day back when I started playing Warframe, and knowing that I would have to log in 601 days instead of just 600 for Primed Shred... uninstalled.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
What the hell is a potato.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

i don't even play with mods installed for i have reached transcendence

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

poptart_fairy posted:

What the hell is a potato.

Orokin Catalyst/Reactor. Carb load to get swole.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I use Primed Vigor on a bunch of frames. Looking forward to the day 500 gun and I have a Riven for the day 700 melee sitting around.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Echophonic posted:

I use Primed Vigor on a bunch of frames. Looking forward to the day 500 gun and I have a Riven for the day 700 melee sitting around.
They're changing the system so you can pick a "path" to a reward. The changed system will still kinda suck, but if I can avoid all the useless rewards and just pick "Good mods" or 'mastery fodder' for paths that'd be sweet.

The login system is truly awful and primed shred is extremely strong. I use normal shred in a whole lot of my primaries. Heck, in my tigris prime I use the punch through mod with reload speed. 1 shot to kill them all.

Also, at least it's not the old system where to min-max you had to avoid logging in every day.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jan 17, 2018

Kikilupo
Apr 3, 2005
Started playing this dumb game after starting it in 2014, picking Mag and going through the first couple missions and then deciding to not play it till now and so far its pretty fun!
Leveled up Mag to 30, built an Oberon, decided Oberon wasnt what I wanted right now, and yesterday I farmed up the blueprints for Rhino so I've got him baking in the oven. Hopefully playing Rhino will help me get past the wall I'm starting to hit in the progression. All in all though its pretty much what I've wanted in a game right now!

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

The true pain is finding out there was day of the dead wizard cat armor that you missed buying. Forget about numbers since this dumb game is easy. The real endgame is looking good.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Kikilupo posted:

Started playing this dumb game after starting it in 2014, picking Mag and going through the first couple missions and then deciding to not play it till now and so far its pretty fun!
Leveled up Mag to 30, built an Oberon, decided Oberon wasnt what I wanted right now, and yesterday I farmed up the blueprints for Rhino so I've got him baking in the oven. Hopefully playing Rhino will help me get past the wall I'm starting to hit in the progression. All in all though its pretty much what I've wanted in a game right now!

Rhino strong. Push 2, take no damage. Stomp ground lots, win game.

Alternatively, ask goons for help and/or play on public mode more. Warframe's a lot better when played with others in my experience, and there's bound to be one turbonerd in every squad that can solo the mission with their eyes closed if they need to.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Seriously, though. Rhino with a Reactor and a Hek with a Catalyst and its syndicate mod, which goons will just give you if you ask, will carry you the whole game if you want. Things become more a matter of taste and variety rather than pure 'can I win at all' stuff later.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Rainuwastaken posted:

Rhino strong. Push 2, take no damage. Stomp ground lots, win game.

Alternatively, ask goons for help and/or play on public mode more. Warframe's a lot better when played with others in my experience, and there's bound to be one turbonerd in every squad that can solo the mission with their eyes closed if they need to.

i love getting in a mission with 3 pubs and none of us know wtf we are supposed to do.

it's even better when it bugs and none of us realize that it's not supposed to work that way

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Kikilupo posted:

I'm ~60 hours in and I had to stop using Rhino because he was so good I wasn't leveling other frames anymore. I really like the zippy wizard frames that play like the illegitimate love child of Gandalf and Ryu from Street Fighter, but Rhino's "Push 2 to never die, ever" ability is extremely addicting.

Unrelated question, is there anything you can do when your host's connection sucks? I wanted to farm the Raptor assassinate mission on Europa last night but I kept getting stuck in groups that were lagging so bad I literally could not reach the bomb and pick it up before it exploded. Enemies teleporting all over the place, bosses sticking in place before unloading five seconds of fire into your face all at once, the whole nine yards. I really didn't want to go solo but if it remains that bad, I'll probably be back in Rhino tonight.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

RFC2324 posted:

i love getting in a mission with 3 pubs and none of us know wtf we are supposed to do.

it's even better when it bugs and none of us realize that it's not supposed to work that way

"do you all know how to kill this boss?"
"no"
"no"
"no"

this is why I read on the wiki before pubbing bosses on my own :v:

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Raptor1033 posted:

True that! Got it for my excal exalted blade build. The opticor skin is glorious as well, Tron laser canon all the way!

It is said that there are actually six schools of focus.

For the Tenno who gives his all towards destroying his foes, there is Madurai.

For the Tenno who heals the wounded, there is Vazarin.

For the Tenno who trains his body to withstand any attack, there is Unairu.

For the Tenno who harnesses the Void, there is Zenurik.

For the Tenno who stalks the shadows, there is Naramon.

For the Tenno who is wise above all others, there is gently caress Conclave.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Sarsapariller posted:

Unrelated question, is there anything you can do when your host's connection sucks?

Abort mission, queue up for the node again and hope you get a different group. This game uses some impossible logic when deciding who gets to host, and the lack of a "host a public game instead of auto-joining" option is just baffling.

Alternatively, screech at someone in clan chat to help you farm if the game is being dumb. :v:

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

gaj70 posted:

I haven't messed around with builds in ages... what changes if I shoot from the hip + aim at center of mass (i.e., few headshots)? Vigilante Armaments + Heavy Cal + standard stuff?

If it makes a difference, I tend to grab tenora over soma p for fashion-frame reasons.

So I would use a Shred build if you are just hipfiring, because you'll just be mowing down trash anyways. Anything that survives a second or two of hipfire is something you should be aiming down sights and going for headshots on. Headshots are a gigantic multiplier for critical weapons and can't be disregarded.

For the Tenora specifically, you can just spray and pray until a heavy comes along, then scope and charged shot that motherfucker in the dome, that should handle anything up to level 50ish if your mods are ranked.

I'll post the builds I'd use in a bit, on mobile atm.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

After an hour of play today I learned this:

1 gently caress they added a bunch of poo poo

2 pocket sand is still hilarious

3 I must construct additional weapons

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

gaj70 posted:

Here's how I would run a lazy-mans SomaP/Tenora build: https://goo.gl/F511fr You can replace Vigilante Armaments with Heavy Caliber but it'll take more Forma for the Tenora (already a 4 Forma build but I'd call the Tenora worth it) and it's a sidegrade at best. You can run that build against basically everything in the game and it'll be fine and only higher level heavy units will require any aiming whatsoever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I recently got a sweet Tenora riven, and it made me appreciate how handy that gun is. The alt fire is perfect for dropping heavy units, and the primary becoming more accurate under sustained fire means lots of effortless headshot crits :xd: