Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Marge will finally buy a new computer

And will express befuddlement at all the email companies with names like Moogle and Mahoo and Maltavista

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":
there's a part of me that wants to watch a couple of the newest episodes just out of curiosity, but then I just get this awful feeling of impending doom immediately before hitting play.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Detective No. 27 posted:

Surprised there isn't a god dang Bitcoin episode yet

Tonight on the Simpsons!

Homer discovers the world of cryptocurrency! After realizing that online coins he received while playing "World of Borecraft" are worth real money, Homer invests the family's life savings into WitCoin. The Simpsons start living the high life, but what happens when the bubble bursts?

Meanwhile, Lisa discovers that an abandoned house on Evergreen Terrace is actually the home of..... Lin Manuel Miranda?!?!?

It's "You Coin't Take it With You", tonight at 8/7 central.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

A Fancy Hat posted:

Lin Manuel Miranda

he has to have guested already, right? I mean, he has to have

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Code Jockey posted:

No, but Hamilton's been around for like 4 years or so? It's probably right about time for the Simpsons to strike while the iron's cold.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

PostNouveau posted:

No, but Hamilton's been around for like 4 years or so? It's probably right about time for the Simpsons to strike while the iron's cold.

It came out last year, didn't it?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Who What Now posted:

It came out last year, didn't it?

First performance: Feb. 2015

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY-OW80HavM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzt0xBXTNhI

Take the exakt same joke and gently caress it up. And then drag it out way too long.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I'm surprised they didn't do the matrix camera swing when the one guy was doing the flying kick. The staff is slipping.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Code Jockey posted:

They’ve got to at least have a joke about a rap musical called Jebidiah. If not a full loving episode of it that’ll mean nothing to the majority of viewers.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
Didn't they just do a Hamilton "parody" with Lisa and Nelson?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

i saw a treehouse of horror episode today where one segment homer ate an alien thing then became a blob monster and ate people. no punchline, that was it. he ate people.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
this Fuckin episode about Lisa's birthdays is awful , Jesus . The only joke that was funny was must stop president kid rock .

And holy poo poo seriously , an extra verse to Lisa it's your birthday ?

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiqZk_KkiG8

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

Last season was OK, but this season is like getting kicked in the nuts each week.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

This is one of the greatest probations I've ever seen.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
like lisa was supposed to be 14, yet homer was acting like he was in his 60's

hes 36 when she was 8

lol the writers dont even know/care and its all made by some machine

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Peace de Bundy posted:

hes 36 when she was 8

I'm pretty sure an episode of the Simpsons generated by neural nets would be a lot more entertaining.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm pretty sure an episode of the Simpsons generated by neural nets would be a lot more entertaining.

i knew i was watching "the simpsons" but only in the vaguest, haziest ways.

put her down boys. . . put her down. . .

you made 300k an episode for how long? HAVE YOU NO SHAME

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Peace de Bundy posted:

hes 36 when she was 8

What a bunch of clowns

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
marge sounds terrible, bart is a vague fiction of bart, homer literally a machine that just says d'oh

make a spin off about season 3-9 Lenny, cancel it, destroy the new simpsons

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I just realized that Futurama is 18 years old

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Data Graham posted:

I just realized that Futurama is 18 years old

It debuted before 9/11. Hell, Clinton was still in office

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Futurama and Family Guy are the same age. It's crazy to think that way back in 1999, we saw these shows as the successor to The Simpsons, which would likely be ending soon. Yet, nearly 20 years later...

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
it's 2090 , every Simpsons actor is long dead . The show has continued because every possible word in English has been said by the actors , and will be remade using state of the art technology . Season 100 episode 9 , Bart gets a new dog , Satans little helper

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Peace de Bundy posted:

it's 2090 , every Simpsons actor is long dead . The show has continued because every possible word in English has been said by the actors , and will be remade using state of the art technology . Season 100 episode 9 , Bart gets a new dog , Satans little helper

STILL LOVE YOU HO MAR.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Not a Children posted:

It debuted before 9/11. Hell, Clinton was still in office

Al Gore recorded his lines while he was sitting VP for the first episode he was in

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Peace de Bundy posted:

marge sounds terrible, bart is a vague fiction of bart, homer literally a machine that just says d'oh

make a spin off about season 3-9 Lenny, cancel it, destroy the new simpsons

Mr. Burns is the only spinoff I'd watch

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
You Don't Know Moe: A Spinoff Series about all the crazy stuff Moe gets up to the rest of the week when Homer isn't at the bar. Crime stuff, repair stuff, dating stuff, etc.

An Inconvenient Apu: An Apu-centric Spinoff with a new voice actor in the role and it deals with everything about him running the store and having a normal life raising his kids. All new characters involved.

Showbiz Springfield: A spinoff show about the Hollywood of the Simpsons universe, centered around all the various fake celebrities the show has introduced like Rainer Wolfcastle, Duffman, Krusty, etc. as they try to keep their careers going. All celebrity cameo epiosdes will be in this series.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I'd watch a moe themed spin off for sure

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I heard that MTV almost did an Otto spin-off.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Detective No. 27 posted:

The mind boggles trying to conceive of how bad this would've turned out

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
I want to watch the containing adventures of Bob and Cecil, provided that nobody currently writing gets anywhere near it and The Simpson family never get mentioned or appear at all. Maybe Chief Wiggum too.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Maybe they need to do a Springfield Stories series: Nothing but a 2-5 different non-Simpsons family characters doing things each week and maybe there is some crossover with one another during the episodes.

It might be a way for writers who have these really great 4-10 minute stand-alone bits to tell them without having to try to figure in how to put it in the stories of the main characters.

If it proves popular enough, you want to cancel the main Simpsons show and then you gradually introduce the Simpsons family into the spinoff segments over time.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
The Simpsons Spin-Off Showcase is a good episode

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Just LoL if you wouldn’t watch “Millhouse in the Middle”

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

Peace de Bundy posted:

you are thinking too small

borges gave us the thought experiment of the library of babel, a cosmically enormous library containing every possible 410 page book of 25 characters. while the vast majority of books are gibberish, untold millions of books are not. your abridged biography is contained in the library, along with those of all of your friends and loved ones, etc. etc.

no simpsons episode is precisely identical to any other simpsons episode. simpsons episodes are finite (22ish minutes of 24 fps). therefore, if we assume that the simpsons will continue indefinitely, then we have created an animated library of babel. the vast majority of simpsons episodes will be nonsensical, but many will not be. there will be one episode where homer stares at you, the person reading this, and tells you how you will die. there will be another that is the funniest possible combination of frames and audio in the universe. the odds of encountering this perfect simpsons episode in any individual's lifetime is infinitesimal, but its day is sure to come.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Iron Crowned posted:

Have they ever done one of those predictive text scripts for the Simpsons? I’m guessing it’d come out funnier than recent episodes.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Yikes. I’m imagining a kind of Beavis and Butthead but not funny and with more metal videos.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
What's the general consensus of The Simpsons Movie?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

punk rebel ecks posted:

What's the general consensus of The Simpsons Movie?

It's good

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I've always thought The Simpsons Movie was trash. The people I went to see it with really enjoyed it, but I thought it was no better than the show at the time. Some people dig it I guess, and I don't think dumb stuff like Spider-Pig was to blame. it just seemed so banal and was just more low effort poo poo like usual.