Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

SRM posted:

A local guy has a Tau display board he's working on, and this is part of it:

wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
That is triggering me. It needs to be sanded smooth. Please don't let him paint it until it's super smooth.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Philthy posted:

That is triggering me. It needs to be sanded smooth. Please don't let him paint it until it's super smooth.

Ok, but he won't thin his paints. That a good compromise?

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
It's more Zen to leave it unfinished anyway, it reminds us of our imperfections and the heights we can rise to with them in tow

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
If the entire thing is painted to look like it was carved from a massive block of sandstone (throw in some horizontal lines with different whites and browns) then you don't need to worry about sanding it.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Philthy posted:

He never paints any of his stuff and he doesn't see the really obvious lines as a problem

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

SRM posted:

He never paints any of his stuff and he doesn't see the really obvious lines as a problem

An unpainted display board? Why? I'm so confused

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

SRM posted:

So he's like my parents who don't notice how bad the smooth motion setting on their TV looks?

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

MasterSlowPoke posted:

So he's like my parents who don't notice how bad the smooth motion setting on their TV looks?

That's actually a startlingly apt comparison.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
woop lol wrong thread

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
New restock at my FLGS

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash
Mierce makes amazing minis

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

mango sentinel posted:

New restock at my FLGS

"Buddy, you think YOUR boss is a dick..."

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

mango sentinel posted:

New restock at my FLGS

How big is this thing to match the price tag?

Edit - I'm also confused by the concept of an unpainted display board. Or are there people out there who put unused sprues in display cabinets as well?

Ugleb fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jan 18, 2018

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Ugleb posted:

Edit - I'm also confused by the concept of an unpainted display board. Or are there people out there who put unused sprues in display cabinets as well?

I've known people who buy up armies practically on a whim, assemble them, play them for a bit, then lose interest and either sell them off or put them in the basement. At no point does paint ever touch these spur-of-the-moment miniatures.

So yeah I can believe someone just makes a display board and doesn't bother to paint them.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Display of laziness board.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Ugleb posted:

Box was big, I'd hope comparable to the FW Great Unclean One for the price.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Screaming Idiot posted:

Buddha Gundam was the best Gundam in G Gundam. Gundam.

G Gundam is the best Gundam.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

mango sentinel posted:

New restock at my FLGS

Look at that one-eyed monster

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

mango sentinel posted:

New restock at my FLGS

For a guy named Scrotum Boss there's a severe lack of scrote.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"

Len posted:

drat, I didn't even notice that. I glanced at the name and thought "dumb fantasy name" (Which to be fair, that too)

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Len posted:

That ain't a belly.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ugleb posted:

He's based off of this dude;

He sits on a 100mm base. Don't know about the height. There was a chart comparing all of their monsters to each other somewhere but i don't know where its gone.

This fella is based off of him, as well;

Len posted:

They must have been thinking of you, then :heysexy:

Edit: Rehosting that because CMoN is arse.

Irate Tree fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jan 18, 2018

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
I thought his oddly placed rear end-dick was a tail at first, Jesus.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Irate Tree posted:

He sits on a 100mm base. Don't know about the height. There was a chart comparing all of their monsters to each other somewhere but i don't know where its gone.

This fella is based off of him, as well;

They must have been thinking of you, then :heysexy:

Edit: Rehosting that because CMoN is arse.

That is a shameful scrote. Basically for a name like that I would expect that Kingdom Death titblob only made of ballsacks :colbert:

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

Irate Tree posted:

I legit thought this guy was dabbing.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Len posted:

That is a shameful scrote. Basically for a name like that I would expect that Kingdom Death titblob only made of ballsacks :colbert:

Or, maybe riding around on his balls like a bouncy ball? That might be neat :v:

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

The Sex Cannon posted:

I still think he's dabbing.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

The Sex Cannon posted:

Haha me too

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

The Sex Cannon posted:

:same:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Thumbnail illusions

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Irate Tree posted:

Or, maybe riding around on his balls like a bouncy ball? That might be neat :v:

South Park flashback.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

This is someone's Blood Bowl team. It's Amazons.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Hustlin Floh posted:

They're painted well enough. Not sure how you'd know what they were supposed to be.

But I'd love to see some pun based Blood Bowl teams, like a bunch of guys in Amazon uniforms and vests tossing boxes around, maybe a robot drone as a runner.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

I feel compelled to inform you that Amazon warehouse employees don't actually have uniforms in the dress code. :v: But that said, they could work well not just for BB Amazons but also for any team with a big guy. You'd just have someone running a forklift in such a setup.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

NGDBSS posted:

I feel compelled to inform you that Amazon warehouse employees don't actually have uniforms in the dress code. :v: But that said, they could work well not just for BB Amazons but also for any team with a big guy. You'd just have someone running a forklift in such a setup.

I figured they probably had to wear vests or something when on duty. My dreams have been dashed.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Atlas Hugged posted:

I figured they probably had to wear vests or something when on duty. My dreams have been dashed.
Vests are dependent on the situation. If you're sticking to locations that only have foot traffic then you don't need a vest as a regular employee. Specialized folks and management still do for identification, though, as does anyone in areas with motorized equipment. In my case (as I work at a sorting facility) I don't wear my vest if I'm just going to be on the scanning floor, but I will bring it along for overnight shifts as a pallet jockey.

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010

Hustlin Floh posted:

The lesser known Warhammer faction of Spectrum, led by hero Captain Scarlet.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

Atlas Hugged posted:

But I'd love to see some pun based Blood Bowl teams, like a bunch of guys in Amazon uniforms and vests tossing boxes around, maybe a robot drone as a runner.

I did a fumbbl team based on that idea, where all the names where services owned/operated by Amazon. The four blitzers were different models of Kindle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Hustlin Floh posted:

Where did these Paranoia miniatures come from?