Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
The used book i ordered from Amazon arrived, and it's a book club edition that only resembles the listing photo.

I mean sure, it's "the same book" and probably not worth returning, but I wanted a nicer shelf copy ugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I go back to work tomorrow after a 2 week christmas break.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhYWNPzBuiM

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

My husband's work noticed they forgot to officially log a week long holiday he took in 2011 and are now taking them out of his holidays this year so he is properly balanced.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I have an important job thingy I’m doing for the first time today and not only did I sleep terribly, but I also woke up an hour and a half early so I’m going to be tired.

I took my anxiety medicine but it won’t kick in for 20 min so I’m sitting here freaking out even though it’s not really that big of a deal cause I have people to go to for help if I need it but still :supaburn:

Update: the anti anxiety kicked in and now I’m sleepy but have to leave my bed to go to work.

The CVS app sucks rear end, major rear end.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 12:09 on Jan 8, 2018

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
A new day, a new post.

-I was so upset about something I posted on Twitter, ! using a # ! I made a twitter account to follow some ps4 hack many years ago so I never look at it, but I felt it was significant enough to log in and post. I feel dirty, especially the # part

-I am not up to date on technology so I had to google if I was using the # right :(

-I keep waking up at 3am every night and can’t get back to sleep and it’s getting old and annoying

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Thin Privilege posted:

-I was so upset about something I posted on Twitter, ! using a # ! I made a twitter account to follow some ps4 hack many years ago so I never look at it, but I felt it was significant enough to log in and post. I feel dirty, especially the # part

I cannot make heads or tails of this and I use Twitter (albeit badly)

quote:

-I keep waking up at 3am every night and can’t get back to sleep and it’s getting old and annoying

:smith::respek::smith:

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Thin Privilege posted:

Me too. But mine comes from a child that thinks the middle of the night is playtime.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
Been on call for the last month and while the $ is nice i'm starting to miss the option of just taking off for a weekend without carting around a loving laptop and phone

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I'm nervous because a small wave of redundancies are going out at work, it's smaller than it would have been (they cut it from 31 being cut to only 17). I really hope I made the cut to the 14 safe jobs. :ohdear:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Inventory at work is going into it's 4th day tomorrow and will likely take 5. We were hoping to be done in 3.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

A coworker is constantly interrupting a person trying to answer his question.

It's going on 5 minutes.

Automatonic Water
Jul 8, 2012

dig thru the ditches
and burn thru the witches
and slam in the back of my.........
.........DRAGULA

Yams Fan
Pest control was coming to my apartment so we took the cats to their grandma's house, because apartment maintenance has no consideration for cats and let one of mine out last year never to be seen again. The cats picked up fleas while visiting, so I bought some random squeezy crap at the pet store to kill off the fleas before they got in the carpets and everything.

I put it on them and realize that this isn't what I used last time, but it's probably all the same poo poo, right? I've dealt with fleas like once before since my cats are indoors so I guess I'm clueless. About an hour later I notice one of the cats is zipping frantically all over the house and drooling down his front, so I look at what exactly is in the flea stuff and realize it's a bunch of random loving essential oils, all of which are deadly poisonous to cats. So I had to give them thorough baths and probably still have fleas to contend with because some motherfucker decided to sell essential oils as flea medicine and I was the idiot that bought it sight unseen because I figured flea control was down to a science by now.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I woke up with stiff shoulders due to sleeping weirdly or something, so when I tied my boots to go to work, I stood up funny to avoid shoulder pain and managed to kink a back muscle :saddowns: Now whenever I bend over or rotate too far, it feels like I'm getting jabbed with an electrified sewing needle in the exact same spot every time. It's been a REALLY long 12 hour shift without so much as a tylenol

Also my friggen shoulders still hurt

Danaru has a new favorite as of 12:13 on Jan 12, 2018

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I have to go pick up my grocery order in like an hour but I am so goddamn tired. Can't nap though cause I'll sleep through the pickup time.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
The advanced math I've been studying is really, really god damned hard.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I can't believe there's no official merchandise for Syfy's The Expanse show. I would love to buy that coffee mug with the MCRN logo and I would gladly buy some overpriced shirts.

A3th3r
Jul 27, 2013

success is a dream & achievements are the cream
A sibling is in town & an irritating sibling is out of town, & the mandatory saturday work shift is cancelled. still annoyed

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I like Doritos because they're the thinnest, crispiest, brand of corn chips, but that very fact also makes them break really easily which is very annoying.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
My dad wasn't awake to get my package when it was delivered today. Now I have to pick it up from the post office tomorrow. :saddowns:

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
My friend and I have an rpg going but I always have to be the one to ask if she wants to play. She always does unless she's got plans otherwise, but gently caress it, is there some unspoken rule that she can't ever ask if I want to?

At the same time her husband is 'depressed' because he wanted to start streaming himself playing video games but his Internet speed isn't enough so now he's upset and angry he isn't going to be a Twitch or Youtube star. I want to shake them both and ask why the gently caress anyone would watch another white dude play games when the market is pretty full.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I'm nearly out of bags for my trash can. I don't want to buy garbage bags but I keep forgetting to not bring in my reusable cloth bag when I shop in places that haven't banned plastic shopping bags.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I just simultaneously want to play video games and take a long lazy holiday nap. Is that too much to ask?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
A delivery that everyone assured me was coming tomorrow is not coming tomorrow because no one can figure out holidays.

A3th3r
Jul 27, 2013

success is a dream & achievements are the cream
sad that grandma is in rough shape

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Ok seriously not being able to control the heat in my apartment is getting really ridiculous this year. Past years it’s been fine. But now, First it’s crazy hot when I got home (5pm), now I just woke up (3:30 am) shivering like crazy. I wish I had a thermometer becacauze it’s like 50 degrees in here. My feet are like icicles. WHY are they doing this?! Whoever is controlling the heaters for the building must have some sort of hatred and malevolence in him because goddamnit, i CANT STOP SHIVERING. Gonna bust out my loving Russian wool socks, maybe that’ll help.

E: update: put on wool socks, 80s style thick leg warmers, a pair of pants (I sleep in boxers), and a super warm sweater, so I’m not shivering anymore but I’m still frozen. It’s actually worse in my living room. Ugh. Hate.

New update: when I came home at 4 it was warm but I guess now they’re turning down the heat cause it’s freezing again. Wearing this many layers is uncomfortable. And yes I checked my vitals, they are fine, my body temp is 98.7 but if you touch my foot it’s like an ice cube. Thank god my family got me wool socks from Russia :ussr:

And also, there was a building posting/email that the city requirements for winter are like, 75 for the day and 65 at night but I think they’re taking it to the extreme. Or the crazy murderous rear end in a top hat who is controlling this doesn’t give a gently caress and setting it to 50.

Also also I’m not super thin w no body fat so that’s not the issue.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 01:33 on Jan 17, 2018

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Random thing: I posted the kimchi smilie and now I really want kimchi, but I have to drive min 30 min to get real kimchi. And it’s 4 am and I work in 6 hours so... no kimchi.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Taking two dogs to the vet today.

Get dog 1 leashed and loaded up. Get dog 2. She is missing her collar. It got dirty last weekend, Mom took it off to wash it, and never put it back on the dog.

No worries, I have backup leashes and collars and left them hanging by the inside garage door.

The bag is missing because on the weekend, Mom bumped into it, and threw the bag somewhere in the garage, yelling that we have too much poo poo and need to throw some out.

15 minutes to vet appt. I grab the leash, make a collar with it, load dog 2, and drive to the vet.

Turns out the vet moved their office 10 minutes away and didn't send us a notice.

Get to the vet, slightly late, and while signing in, one of the techs shows me a four inch stack of postcards USPS returned to them over the past few weeks as Bad Address. Somehow it never occurred to anyone to maybe CALL THEIR loving CUSTOMERS about the move.

Pay the bill, get dogs home. Bag of collars and leashes still missing. Dog collar (with her registration tag) still missing. Somehow telling my mom she was responsible for putting the collar back ON the dog after she washed it has not led to a good evening.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Thin Privilege posted:

Random thing: I posted the kimchi smilie and now I really want kimchi, but I have to drive min 30 min to get real kimchi. And it’s 4 am and I work in 6 hours so... no kimchi.

Make your own kimchi so you always have kimchi!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I finally got to buy new boots, but they're not quite broken in yet and now my right heel sorta hurts :( With that said it was real nice being able to step on wet snow without the cracks in my soles sucking the water up into my socks.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I just did a tally and -over the course of the last six nights- I have gotten less than 10 hours of sleep.

So, that's cool.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

There's a rock in my shoe and I had to wait until I got out of the bougie neighborhood I walk through on my commute to work or they'd think I'm a hobo.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

sometimes i get heart palpitations and it sucks rear end, like i’ve been to the doctor and it’s nothing serious just wildly uncomfortable

i just really don’t like to gently caress around when it comes to heart problems. you only get one and you kinda need it, so i take that poo poo pretty seriously. it’s not painful but when i get palpitations i can’t really focus on anything else other than “ok, is my pulse alright, can i breathe fine, am i dizzy right now, do i feel weak or tired, etc.”

anyway i’ve had them on and off all day so i didn’t feel very productive at work

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
how many red bulls did you drink this morning before your first palp?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i don't drink red bull or coffee but i did have a diet coke earlier in the day which is fairly regular for me, but my palpitations are pretty irregular. this is only the second time it's ever really happened to me (last time was several months ago) but both last time and this time it has occurred over a few days. first sign of this palp sesh was last night as i was laying in bed

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I'm such a light sleeper that I've had nights where my heartbeat was enough to keep me awake, depending on body position and relative quietness of the room. Not even a goddamned "my heart is going nuts right now" thing, either.

I went to the doctor over it, just to make sure I was being a paranoid hypochondriac and not that something was actually wrong. Sure, doc gave me a stink eye about it, but hey, he's a doctor..

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

frogge posted:

There's a rock in my shoe and I had to wait until I got out of the bougie neighborhood I walk through on my commute to work or they'd think I'm a hobo.

They'd think you're a hobo for shaking out the rock in your shoe?

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

They've got a pretty snooty HOA and neighborhood watch. If it sounds too frivolous, they're probably on board with it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

frogge posted:

They've got a pretty snooty HOA and neighborhood watch. If it sounds too frivolous, they're probably on board with it.

Man, any time someone talks about HOAs I can only picture people in kakis yelling, "MY GOOD CHRISTIAN NEIGHBORHOOD!"

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Inzombiac posted:

Man, any time someone talks about HOAs I can only picture people in kakis yelling, "MY GOOD CHRISTIAN NEIGHBORHOOD!"

I think of that X-Files episode, where they just summon a monster to kill you for having a different color mailbox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
Poor Big Mike. :( (That’s one of my favourite episodes.)