Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Runa
Feb 13, 2011

As it turns out, to get fluff worth reading, you have to write it first.

Good on GW for figuring out what to do with the sigmarverse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I'm really trying to like it but goddamn. The Stormcast vs Chaos stuff is aggressively boring and since Chaos is my favorite part of Warhammer thats notable. Especially since everything that makes Chaos interesting has been sandblasted away in favor of making them faceless mooks for the supremely boring Stormcasts to cut down. gently caress it i'm just gonna skip ahead to Nagash's poo poo since he's my second favorite part of AoS/Fantasy.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Basicly anything by Josh Renalds is your safe bet with AoS novels. Plague Garden, his Realmgate stuff and the Spear of Shadows novel are good.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I did quite enjoy the Mannfred and Nagash novels from Realmgates.

Most of the stuff with Nagash is good.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jan 18, 2018

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

here thread have some spooky spirits.

I hope the Nighthaunt ghost boys get good rules in the new book.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
How did you get that look?

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

mango sentinel posted:

How did you get that look?

I did a lot of messing around with inks/shades/drybrushing but it was essentially: prime white, wash with blue-green ink/shade (I mixed my own color but its pretty close to Nihilakh Oxide with a drop or two of Biel-tan Green), then drybrushing of Skink Blue, Hellion Green and thinned white.

You can just go prime->green wash->white drybrush for a decent spectral look real fast but I had time to waste and wanted to to see if I could get a better look with multiple drybrush colors.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Danimo posted:

here thread have some spooky spirits.

I hope the Nighthaunt ghost boys get good rules in the new book.

I have a feeling they will hang around most in the Arkhan section.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
So I've played nothing but 40k, have really enjoyed 8th so far, and have just been invited to join a Path to Glory campaign for AoS.

I somewhat know what to expect but if anyone had any insight from doing something similar that would be cool. I've been trying to break into Sigmar for a while now and thought this might be a good opportunity. I love Lizardmen from Fantasy so Seraphon seem like an obvious faction choice?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Deified Data posted:

So I've played nothing but 40k, have really enjoyed 8th so far, and have just been invited to join a Path to Glory campaign for AoS.

I somewhat know what to expect but if anyone had any insight from doing something similar that would be cool. I've been trying to break into Sigmar for a while now and thought this might be a good opportunity. I love Lizardmen from Fantasy so Seraphon seem like an obvious faction choice?

Lizards are also considered to be a good army from what I know.

Anyway I have a copy of Path to Glory though I never did a campaign. So here are the pages I think you need.

Basic explanation of how it works.

Lizardmen Roster (AKA the Models you will want.)

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Be kharadron overlords and start the campaign as a solitary sky boat

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Have people been exploring mixing Pestilens and Maggotkin? I'm kind of interested how well they play together.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

AnEdgelord posted:

Have people been exploring mixing Pestilens and Maggotkin? I'm kind of interested how well they play together.

You should be able to. They both have the Nurgle Keyword which is what matters.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

MonsterEnvy posted:

You should be able to. They both have the Nurgle Keyword which is what matters.

Sorry I should have been clearer, I was asking if anyone out there was experimenting with mixing them and had found any interesting combinations or gaps in one that can be filled with the other.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

AnEdgelord posted:

Sorry I should have been clearer, I was asking if anyone out there was experimenting with mixing them and had found any interesting combinations or gaps in one that can be filled with the other.

Don't play Nurgle so would not know myself.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I just learned that Mannfred is making a New Sylvania in Shyish. He calls it Carsteinia which is hilarious.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jan 19, 2018

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

MonsterEnvy posted:

I just learned that Mannfred is making a New Sylvania in Shyish. He calls it Carsteinia which is hilarious.

Can’t wait until someone unites Carsteinia and Sylvania to form Carsylvania

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Deified Data posted:

Also forgot to ask but do you have any particular questions?

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jan 19, 2018

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

MonsterEnvy posted:

That's some peak Mannfred right there.

I really do hope Vlad comes back to smack the hell out of that little poo poo.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

SteelMentor posted:

That's some peak Mannfred right there.

I really do hope Vlad comes back to smack the hell out of that little poo poo.

I'll play this game if they bring back my boy Vlad.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
They have said while they are currently focusing on the Mortarchs that have Models. They will likely make Models in the future of the other 6 Mortarchs of which Vlad is one of.

quote:

Legions of Nagash has lots of details on the Mortarchs. The book focuses on the existing Mortarchs with models, but models for the other Mortarchs may be added later.

The other Mortarchs are Vlad Mortarch of Shadow, Krell Mortarch of Despair, Luthor Harkon Mortarch of the Abyss (He's a Vampire Pirate). The last three whose Mortarch titles are unknown are Dieter Helsnicht (Powerful Necromancer), Walach Harkon (Luthor's Cousin and a Blood Dragon vampire knight), and The Nameless One (Made out fairly obviously to be a old character named Drachenfels)

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Jan 19, 2018

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Cool. I can't make head nor tail of the dang setting to be honest.

e: a cursory google reveals Vlad is still cool and good.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

JBP posted:

Cool. I can't make head nor tail of the dang setting to be honest.

e: a cursory google reveals Vlad is still cool and good.

The Setting is recently starting to get better explained.

Honestly this new video is pretty much required viewing to understand the setting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU8HM3OuThk

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Jan 19, 2018

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

MonsterEnvy posted:

They have said while they are currently focusing on the Mortarchs that have Models. They will likely make Models in the future of the other 6 Mortarchs of which Vlad is one of.

The other Mortarchs are Vlad Mortarch of Shadow, Krell Mortarch of Despair, Luthor Harkon Mortarch of the Abyss (He's a Vampire Pirate). The last three whose Mortarch titles are unknown are Dieter Helsnicht (Powerful Necromancer), Walach Harkon (Luthor's Cousin and a Blood Dragon vampire knight), and The Nameless One (Made out fairly obviously to be a old character named Drachenfels)

Have they said that for sure or are you going off of who they were in the End Times? At the very least Walach shouldn't still be a Mortarch since he was corrupted by Chaos and I could see them taking the opportunity to write out the Nameless One since I always heard they never call him Drachenfels because they ended up losing the rights to those books.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
New Malign Portents short is up: https://malignportents.com/story/the-hangmans-curse/

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
What book has the Relics/Traits and poo poo for Death and Soulblight?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

TKIY posted:

What book has the Relics/Traits and poo poo for Death and Soulblight?

General's Handbook 2 has some, but the Death Battletome comes out in a week or two.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

MonsterEnvy posted:

Also forgot to ask but do you have any particular questions?

I'll probably have to learn more to be able to pose any pointed questions, but thanks for asking. Are their any beginner's resources you'd recommend for learning the system and on the lore-side what the gently caress actually happened in the transition from fantasy to AoS?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Deified Data posted:

I'll probably have to learn more to be able to pose any pointed questions, but thanks for asking. Are their any beginner's resources you'd recommend for learning the system and on the lore-side what the gently caress actually happened in the transition from fantasy to AoS?

The malign portents Timeline helps a bit there. Along with the Mortal Realms guide I posted a tiny bit earlier.

https://malignportents.com/timeline/

The basic rules would probably be the best for quickly learning.

They are free here you go. https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Rulesheets/warhammer-aos-rules-en.pdf

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Jan 19, 2018

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Have they said that for sure or are you going off of who they were in the End Times? At the very least Walach shouldn't still be a Mortarch since he was corrupted by Chaos and I could see them taking the opportunity to write out the Nameless One since I always heard they never call him Drachenfels because they ended up losing the rights to those books.

Just going off who they were in the end times.

I would expect the ones who actually got titles to remain the same. But Phil Kelly heavily hinted that the Mortarch of Shadows is still the same guy.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

Just going off who they were in the end times.

I would expect the ones who actually got titles to remain the same. But Phil Kelly heavily hinted that the Mortarch of Shadows is still the same guy.

I vaguely remember Khalida (the Tomb-Queen) joining Nagash and becoming a Mortarch at some point? If so I'd personally rate her at a higher chance of returning than Drachenfels.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

I vaguely remember Khalida (the Tomb-Queen) joining Nagash and becoming a Mortarch at some point? If so I'd personally rate her at a higher chance of returning than Drachenfels.

She was never a Mortarch I believe. But Yeah I agree there. Drachenfels, Walach and Deiter never got titles as Mortarchs so I would give them a much lower chance of returning then the others.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Krell better come back

:colbert:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

AnEdgelord posted:

The Old World better come back

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

AnEdgelord posted:

Krell better come back

Krell has been explicitly mentioned so he probably will.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Is there a robust community for aos anywhere? I just want to read up on army lists and the meta and poo poo. Please don't say reddit

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Gay Horney posted:

Is there a robust community for aos anywhere? I just want to read up on army lists and the meta and poo poo. Please don't say reddit

TGA. Reddit has an alright community. Stay away from TG though.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

The Setting is recently starting to get better explained.

Honestly this new video is pretty much required viewing to understand the setting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU8HM3OuThk

its worse than i had imagined

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

its worse than i had imagined

The setting feels more and more like ReBoot! to me.

• Locked thread