Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do *you* want to date?
Chihaya
Kana
Taichi
Arata
Porky
Tsutomu
Hisashi
Shinobu
that tiny motherfucker that styled on taichi
Retro
View Results

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
I love how Sudo throws Taichi's bet in his face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
The hits keep on coming! Chapter 183.

A few of Hanano's lines seem awkwardly translated, but I still want to send TDX group a big box of chocolates for their hard work. Hype matches coming up!

krnhotwings
May 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Mentat Radnor posted:

The hits keep on coming! Chapter 183.
They keep coming and coming :aaaaa:
Ch 184

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Our long nightmare is over. A bunch of new chapters got released. The people who've won are exactly the people you'd expect as we run towards the end of the series

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
My dreams of season three will NEVER DIE.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

ChubbyThePhat posted:

my man

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ChubbyThePhat posted:

Theres a Chihayafuru related announcement happening on Dec 15th...im assuming more live action movies but please...please...season 3...

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
I desperately want to see Chihaya and Taichi blow up old vets in motion

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Yo, is this the Harada-sensei fanclub? Am I in the right place?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Toshimo posted:

Yo, is this the Harada-sensei fanclub? Am I in the right place?

Yes, but

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

The important announcement that was promised is for a 10th anniversary celebration

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2017-12-14/chihayafuru-important-announcement-is-10th-anniversary/.125297

Some fun stuff to be sure, but alas no new season.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

I'm glad I correctly didn't get my hopes up. All that guest art sounds cool, I hope it makes it to the internet so we can see it.

Yuki Setsugu did a end-of-episode splash art thing (what are those called?) for an episode of March Lion, and now Umino is doing guest art for Chihayafuru. I love it when my favorite things overlap :3:

380 days left on my toxx, come ooooon season 3.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

a kitten posted:

The important announcement that was promised is for a 10th anniversary celebration

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2017-12-14/chihayafuru-important-announcement-is-10th-anniversary/.125297

Some fun stuff to be sure, but alas no new season.

Again, my dreams of s3 will absolutely never die.

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

ChubbyThePhat posted:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Ch. 191: A Deaf Caruta champion?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Even more shocking: Taichi's dad is extremely nice and sweet

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I can't believe Taichi's dad was also Nishida's dad the whole time

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Does Chihaya even have a dad?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Or is he just like a Charlie Brown WAH WAH WAAH adult?

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.
Chihaya's Dad is a wonderful man who keeps scrap books of all his daughter's accomplishments.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Toshimo posted:

Does Chihaya even have a dad?

Yes, and he's a good wholesome father whose purpose in life is to pay off the mortgage and collect items to add to his scrapbooks of his daughters.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah there's a brief scene of him having a scrapbook of Chihaya's sister's modeling stuff and then him adding a couple of newspaper clippings of Chihaya's karuta stuff and Chihaya crying happily about it. It was ages ago though in the manga and I dont think hes showed up since then.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Hace posted:

There will never be a season 3.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Hi I decided to catch up with the manga a day or so ago

Villain Taichi is the best

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Meet me out by the bike racks.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

TDX put up a zip download of chapter 192 on their blog, but no one has uploaded it to batoto (I assume due to its impending demise) and therefore it's not on any of the other manga sites (because they all just scrape from batoto like soulless leeches).

I took the liberty of putting it on imgur as a temporary way to share it more easily than a zip file: Chapter 192

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
It's up on Batoto.

ultimatemegax
Feb 20, 2006

Damn Kiva symbols....

ChubbyThePhat posted:

There's an event next weekend in Awara, Fukui that states a "super huge announcement" will be in it. They're also advertising an anime seiyuu event and have anime copyrights for it (not the live action film ones) alongside the manga one.

It's possible that NTV is going back to the anime after the final live-action film next month.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

ultimatemegax posted:

There's an event next weekend in Awara, Fukui that states a "super huge announcement" will be in it. They're also advertising an anime seiyuu event and have anime copyrights for it (not the live action film ones) alongside the manga one.

It's possible that NTV is going back to the anime after the final live-action film next month.

wow, a chiharafuyu pachinko game!

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

ultimatemegax posted:

If there is a god... :ohdear:

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Chapter 193 is up!

The hype is real! I hate Taichi's new haircut though.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I need a Snowmaru v. Daddy Bear poster.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

ultimatemegax posted:

Yesssssss yessssssssssssssssss YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Let this be it. Please.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/967636219940167680

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

ChubbyThePhat posted:

Yesssssss yessssssssssssssssss YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Let this be it. Please.

Yep. And here's the actual article, in Japanese: https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20180225-00000001-mantan-ent

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Holy poo poo, dreams do come true. :unsmith:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

ahahahhahahah

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This is the greatest news of my life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

I TOLD YOU I WOULD NEVER GIVE UP ON THIS.

FOR YEARS I WAITED.