Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kthulhu5000

by R. Guyovich

albany academy posted:

Lmao please tell me this is real

It's as real as you want it to be.

Jim Davis is in a kind of sweet spot, I think, where he could probably do anything he wants with Garfield and no one would notice, but he would still keep on getting paid because of cultural inertia. There always has been a Garfield, at this point, and there must always be one.

In a thousand years time, Garfield will still exist. If humanity has progressed, he will be on coffee mugs in the offices of starship captains. If humanity has regressed, wasteland barbarian hordes will rampage and pillage under his banner.

Hugh Malone posted:

Cathy made me legit sad when I was a kid

Yeah, it never really sat well with me, either. The character always seemed to be in a constant, repetitive cycle of freakouts over petty stuff, and her lack of a nose (while every other character had one) weirded me out.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wearing a lampshade

I totally believe he's a capable Unix programmer.

alnilam

Kthulhu5000 posted:

Yeah, it never really sat well with me, either. The character always seemed to be in a constant, repetitive cycle of freakouts over petty stuff, and her lack of a nose (while every other character had one) weirded me out.

ACK

Twenty Four

Koishi Komeiji

That's definitely real. Jim Davis strikes me as the kind of guy that would go out into the dessert, take dmt, go on a trip where he fucks himself inside Garfield's mouth and then come out of the trip with the resolution that he should just keep doing the same stuff and not change anything because he's just so great. Hallucinogens don't work on some people.

The X-man cometh
I met Scott Kurtz from PVP at a con and all he wanted to talk about was that he met Jim Davis and how cool Jim was. So yeah, Jim Davis has great drugs.

wearing a lampshade

Honestly, he's a genius. I mean, "I hate Mondays"? It says it all. Everything.

ghost emoji

oooOooOOOooh
jim davis is paid by the us government to support the lasagna industry

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
The contents of this post and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information and may be legally protected from disclosure. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity designated above. If you are not the intended recipient of this post, please notify the sender immediately, and delete the post and any attachments. Any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other use of this post or any attachments by an individual or entity other than the intended recipient is prohibited.

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

ghost emoji posted:

jim davis is paid by the us government to support the lasagna industry

a google search for "lasagna consumption on Mondays" yields no results for any academic research on the subject...

my theory: people know about Garfield and sometimes eat lasagna on Mondays

possible setbacks: finding a control group of people who don't know about Garfield

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
people who are not good at emotions, nonetheless trying

I feel like I just got punched in the face with melancholy.

My heart is a 1992 toyota corola wrapped around the oak tree of your indifference.

If love were a bar I'd be a Schlitz, but you, my dear, you'd be a mid-shelf bourbon.

beer pal

a polter geist who does your chores for you but fucks them up ... for example washes your whites with brights, makes your bed but doesnt do hospital corners, uses hand soap to do the dishes instead of dish soap, etc.

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle

beer pal posted:

a polter geist who does your chores for you but fucks them up ... for example washes your whites with brights, makes your bed but doesnt do hospital corners, uses hand soap to do the dishes instead of dish soap, etc.

A pestergeist

Drink-Mix Man

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

beer pal posted:

One of those jump scares where there's a closeup of somebody splashing water on their face in the bathroom sink. The camera tracks them as they slowly bring their face up to the mirror, to see...

*MUSICAL STING*

Streaks everywhere.

Jedrick

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
Bob Marley songs, but the lyrics are about weed.

Jolo

A North Pole man is being held on suspicion after police found a manuscript containing the names of 600,000 "naughty children" in his sleigh during a routine stop.

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Jolo

Police were shocked after searching the man's property revealed more than 300,000 unpaid and undocumented workers. "This kind of thing just doesn't happen here. This is a tight knit community, we look out for one another. There's only about 25 of us up here... well, at least that's what we thought....."

Koishi Komeiji

*Santa getting wheeled in on one of those Hannibal Lector things with the spit mask*

Judge: What are the charges?
Bailiff: 3 billion counts breaking and entering, 2.5 billion counts attempting to entice a minor, 5 million counts false imprisonment with the intent to run a sweatshop, 2.8 billion counts-
Santa: (interrupting) Ho Ho Ho and I would do it all again too, just to see the look on all those children's faces!
Judge: (banging gavel angrily) Get this monster out of my court room! Now!

Jolo

Koishi Komeiji posted:

*Santa getting wheeled in on one of those Hannibal Lector things with the spit mask*

Bailiff: 3 billion counts breaking and entering, 2.5 billion counts attempting to entice a minor, 5 million counts false imprisonment with the intent to run a sweatshop, 2.8 billion counts-
Santa: (interrupting) Ho Ho Ho and I would do it all again too, just to see the look on all those children's faces!

hahahahaha

DragQueenofAngmar

You shall not pass!
*in a smoky room, one yellow lightbulb dangles. the detective gestures angrily at the scrawl-covered map on the wall*

"dammit, don't you see! he HAS to have an accomplice, jack! nobody could commit so many crimes in just one night!"

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN

Hugh Malone posted:

Cathy made me legit sad when I was a kid

What if Cathy was a subversive feminist meme designed to discourage young women from falling into the hellish existence that is low-level corporate work, like being secretaries, by virtue of Cathy being such a sad and unfulfilled lump?

Could Garfield be the same? By showing the raw unprocessed horror of Jon's life, could Garfield be screaming to the world, "DON'T BE LIKE JON"?

canyoneer

I only have canyoneyes for you

Bacon Taco posted:

What if Cathy was a subversive feminist meme designed to discourage young women from falling into the hellish existence that is low-level corporate work, like being secretaries, by virtue of Cathy being such a sad and unfulfilled lump?

Could Garfield be the same? By showing the raw unprocessed horror of Jon's life, could Garfield be screaming to the world, "DON'T BE LIKE JON"?

Hundreds of women take to the streets, wearing sweats with frizzy hair.
Fists in the air, chanting "ACK!"

alnilam

canyoneer posted:

Hundreds of women take to the streets, wearing sweats with frizzy hair.
Fists in the air, chanting "ACK!"

Koishi Komeiji

They call them the funnies but I don't see what's so "funnie" about them. Garfield is morbidly obese, Ziggy is clinically depressed, The Family Circus is some kind of cult, Dilbert is trapped in a dead end job. They should call them the sadies :colbert:

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
I liked the arc where Beetle Bailey died in Iraq.

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
They brought him back though. Cowards.

wearing a lampshade

Yeah but it was a weird crossover with the league of monsters or whatever and they turned him into Frankenbailey.

Koishi Komeiji

Yeah, The Death and Return of Beetle Bailey was a pretty dumb story arc but worse than that was Beetle Bailey: Infinity War where Beetle and the sarge had to kill Funky Winkebean for infecting Marmaduke with the infinity stone. Iirc they had to retcon the whole thing because it interfered with Garfield canon too much.

Kthulhu5000

by R. Guyovich

Koishi Komeiji posted:

----------------

Twenty Four

"Jokes that are not good and do not deserve their own thread, not to mention a real spot in an actual paper" - Garfield the comic

Twenty Four

Garfield has lasagna on a monday and the universe implodes via paradox

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
New From PBS: Mother Goose Murders

Across the tracks from Sesame Street two detectives pull onto Gin Blossom Lane.

Detective Dumpty: You, yeah you, come over here. I just wanna talk to you. You know the Muffin Man?
Suspicious Man: The muffin man?
Detective Piggie: The muffin man, lives down on Drury Lane.
SM: Ain't never heard of 'im.
Det. P: Well somebody fried his rear end last night.
SM: Shame. But you know what they say, officer, if you can't take the heat...
Det. D strikes the man in the stomach.
Det. P grabs his partner and wrestles him toward the crusier: What the hell was that, Dumpty? You wanna lose your badge?
Det. D yanks himself free, then leans back into his friends grasp: It's Karen, Lil' P, she. She left me.
Det P: She'll come back. She always does.
Det. D: Not this time. There's no putting this back together.
SM crowding them: I want your badge number, pigs, I want your badge number.
Det P: Oh, you wanna take this to a racial place? Is that what you what to do right now, because we are dealing with some real poo poo here, punk.
SM: Hey, man, I didn't mean it like that. Look, ahh, here maybe you should just take this, OK?
The man passes a flyer to the detective and backs away
Det D: What is it, man?
Det P, reading: 'I baked my biscuits, not long till the goose is cooked. I've got my bib on, I washed my hands, I'm coming for you -- the Din Din Killer.'

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

ShinyBirdTeeth posted:

New From PBS: Mother Goose Murders

Across the tracks from Sesame Street two detectives pull onto Gin Blossom Lane.

Detective Dumpty: You, yeah you, come over here. I just wanna talk to you. You know the Muffin Man?
Suspicious Man: The muffin man?
Detective Piggie: The muffin man, lives down on Drury Lane.
SM: Ain't never heard of 'im.
Det. P: Well somebody fried his rear end last night.
SM: Shame. But you know what they say, officer, if you can't take the heat...
Det. D strikes the man in the stomach.
Det. P grabs his partner and wrestles him toward the crusier: What the hell was that, Dumpty? You wanna lose your badge?
Det. D yanks himself free, then leans back into his friends grasp: It's Karen, Lil' P, she. She left me.
Det P: She'll come back. She always does.
Det. D: Not this time. There's no putting this back together.
SM crowding them: I want your badge number, pigs, I want your badge number.
Det P: Oh, you wanna take this to a racial place? Is that what you what to do right now, because we are dealing with some real poo poo here, punk.
SM: Hey, man, I didn't mean it like that. Look, ahh, here maybe you should just take this, OK?
The man passes a flyer to the detective and backs away
Det D: What is it, man?
Det P, reading: 'I baked my biscuits, not long till the goose is cooked. I've got my bib on, I washed my hands, I'm coming for you -- the Din Din Killer.'

lol

this totally goes with the sesame stret thread

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
I miss the good old days of the Internet

When you used to call a phone number, and they mailed you a picture of a computer

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Back when the freshest meme was just a shout away, across the backyard fence

Drink-Mix Man

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

An Amazon Prime subscription was a NICKEL!

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Hey guys, I put down 'somethingawful forums member' under computer skills on a job resume, so if you get a fax please send a telegraph tia

AverySpecialfriend

by Hand Knit
what do you call a very critical cow

simon cowbell

----------------

Kthulhu5000

by R. Guyovich
Man, this director's cut of Ferris Bueller's Day Off could have really been something:

SCENE: Ferris, Sloane, and Cameron are sharing a hot tub together.

Ferris: Cameron, truth or dare.
Cameron: Umm...truth.
Ferris: Have you ever kissed anyone?
Cameron (sheepishly): No.
Sloane glances sidelong at Ferris, who gives her a slight nod. She gives Cameron a long, deep kiss.
Sloane (grinning): How was that?
Cameron (still sheepish, but grinning): It was...really great.
Ferris: Your turn, Sloane.
Sloane: Okay...truth or dare, Cameron?
Cameron: Truth.
Sloane reaches into her big 1980s teenage girl purse and pulls out a giant black revolver with wood grips and at least a six inch barrel. It's a .357 Magnum, easy, possibly bigger. She places it on the edge of the hot tub.
Sloane: You ever killed anyone, Cameron?

----------------

literally this big

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!
Hey Mr. Jefferson Sessions! If marijuana was so bad, could I do THIS?

*gets high and watches Paddington*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

literally this big

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!
15 minutes in and Paddington is a Peruvian refugee whose home is destroyed in a natural disaster