Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Those new Kuang Shi look way better imo. I'm just happy they'll be in the right scale. I've honestly been avoiding buying certain things because it'll look too small and I'm weird like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
I snagged some Ninjas to go with my Hac Tao in the TO cup game, anyone used them much as vanilla YJ?

Probably paired up with some Guilang FO's/AHD, as they've been super dang useful in every game.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Cassa posted:

I snagged some Ninjas to go with my Hac Tao in the TO cup game, anyone used them much as vanilla YJ?

Probably paired up with some Guilang FO's/AHD, as they've been super dang useful in every game.

I mostly use only tactical bow KHD one, the points discount is too good to pass.
AHD Guilang, spitfire daofei and ninja team is pure midfield terror

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

https://www.aristeiathegame.com/blog/item/456-soldiers-of-fortune-is-coming

Enough talking about lame Chinese factions and talk about Aristeia! Laxmee looks great

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Looks rad, but if they're doing one box for EFGS, we're probably not going to see a collector's edition with the metal minis.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Cb already announced that metal LE was only for the core set.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

I thought they were still hemming and hawing about it.

Oh well. Worse than Games Workshop, setting fire to my rulebooks as we speak, etc.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

grassy gnoll posted:

I thought they were still hemming and hawing about it.

Oh well. Worse than Games Workshop, setting fire to my rulebooks as we speak, etc.

Something juicy happen?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Skin done on Nexus, working on his hair cables and back dots now. I've inadvertently made my Nexus a ginger, the fucker already had a big enough target on his head.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jan 17, 2018

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

New BS Garuda that we really didn't need plus small preview of the new Irmandinho.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

w00tmonger posted:

Something juicy happen?

Nah, just whining 'cause I want metal Arestia dudes.

Irmandinho lookin' good, though.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
Not only does that Irmandinho look good, I actually really dig the new Garuda designs. The right combo of a readable silhouette and an inhuman design. Boarding shotgun is pretty sweet too.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Oh yeah it's a good model and the boarding shotgun is a great choice but they just released the Spitfire and how many Garudas do we really need. There's so much more that needs resculpts that see way more table time (ie the Irmandinhos).

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

We need another mushashi sculpt he's due one

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

as p-zak said we need that musashi core

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

The Irmadinho looks a lot like the Outrage guy, though by that I just mean he's built and has a hat on.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Flipswitch posted:

Enough talking about lame Chinese factions and talk about Aristeia! Laxmee looks great

Pfft, your boardgame is lame.

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

Cassa posted:

I have played against ninjas quite a bit and agreed that the KHD is the most frightening.

My ninja tips, from experience:

- Take the KHD. Stealth + splitch works great.
- Take the bow. Combi is too many points for someone who is usually dies.
- Ninjas need to be in CC. Don't shoot with your ninja in the active - he is lame and average at shooting, but will insta-kill anything he can get btb with. Invest extra to get him there.
- Since you need to invest in the ninja, reveal him in turn 1 and make him part of your offensive plan. He is too expensive to play defense sitting around in HD.
- Turn 3 ninjas blow. You won't have the orders you need to get them in CC and they are bad at shooting. Don't do it unless the mission rewards it (quadrant control, etc)

I find it the hardest when the ninja KHD turns your flank, re-camouflages, and ends his turn tucked around a corner. In that situation, it takes special tools to get him out and it might not even work, so a lot of times I just have to ignore and deal with it. If you find yourself trying to play defense and shoot with the ninja, I'd take the guilang instead... he has better tools to play that game, like mines and suppressive fire. The ninja's TO camo is nice, but it will never protect him in ARO. his ability to win shooting FTF just isn't there.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

Cassa posted:

Pfft, your boardgame is lame.

:wrong:

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Probably.

Quick rules question I couldn't work out how to find on the wiki, if my LT is a camouflaged marker on the board, I'm not in in loss of lieutenant am I?

Relatedly, if I took a Tiger soldier, would I be in loss of lieutenant until they arrived on the board?

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

LT on the board as a marker is A-OK, although obvious in some lists and undesirable in others.

LT not on the board, whether airborne or hidden deployment or whatever else, puts you in LoL.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

When taking a camo LT you can confuse your opponent by taking basic blank infantry and pretending to play a shell game in order to bait out AD and impersonators.
TO and AD Lieutenants are worthless, because you pay premium on the SWC (2 on Dasyu LT holy poo poo) purely for gimmick value. Deploying without hidden option or going second and hoping to come out on ARO to avoid LoL is just a needless challenge.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

Cassa posted:

Probably.

I held off on trying it for a few months, listened to everyone rave, then when I thought it was oversold I gave it a shot.

It's great.

Even getting my arse kicked was good fun (musashi is a loving waste of space). The rules are tight, it flows fast, you never feel bored or feel the pace drop. A+ WILL EXPAND.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Well, finally reassembled my Su Jian that suffered death-by-floor the other day last night, including spending about 10 minutes pulling animal fur out of the primer with tweezers. Most annoying part was that the tab that goes in the hole for the tail broke off in the hole, so I had to use green stuff to reattach the tail. At least I can now proceed with painting it. I really hope that the Su Jian are in Invincible Army and are AVA2 there(which kind of makes sense, the IA is supposed to be the creme de la creme of Yu Jing technology), because I now own 2 of them because it seems like it would be fun to run a Duo when I play ISS.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
I feel like I've heard about the 'Invincible Army' being just about to come out since I first started this game, and on a whim I searched this thread and it was mentioned back in 2014. Duo+ Su Jian would be super fun for sure.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Cassa posted:

I feel like I've heard about the 'Invincible Army' being just about to come out since I first started this game, and on a whim I searched this thread and it was mentioned back in 2014. Duo+ Su Jian would be super fun for sure.

They announced IA was coming out this year

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Hype levels maximumer.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Khisanth Magus posted:

They announced IA was coming out this year

Don't get your hopes up.

Cassa posted:

Hype levels maximumer.

Never be hype for anything in this game.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Cat Face Joe posted:

Don't get your hopes up.

Eh, I think there's a pretty good chance we see another book by the end of the year. They traditionally announce some big thing at Gencon (early summer sometime?) and I believe they've gone on record as saying they have a big announcement this year as well. I have not done much Infinity recently, been focused on 40k, but do you really think the game is not being developed well or something? I think they are steadily releasing good resculpts and gradually introducing very cool new ideas.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

We'll probably get the next book and I believe we'll see new sectorials soon but I'm not going to get excited. We spend too much time in this game looking forward to things. At some point it needs to settle or have a clear release schedule going forward. There are people who talk about waiting to start certain factions before a sectorial comes out and they've been waiting for years. The closed battle lists printed in the season 9 documents didn't help. Varuna was stated as the next PanO sectorial but now we've got lists for something that is likely years away and people went nuts over them.

As far as the company, I believe CB is stretched way too thin. We regularly see units mislabeled, Army has glaring mistakes, they released the physical season 9 book with a ton of issues that still aren't clarified, and they've been promising certain things forever with no indication that they will ever be released.

It's great that people are excited about this and, to your point, it's true they've been releasing good sculpts and have good ideas (except for FA2 and FAT2) but they either need to ease back or hire more.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Was it someone here who said to swap the Noctifier SF and ML arms? How are you supposed to do that?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Cat Face Joe posted:

We'll probably get the next book and I believe we'll see new sectorials soon but I'm not going to get excited. We spend too much time in this game looking forward to things. At some point it needs to settle or have a clear release schedule going forward. There are people who talk about waiting to start certain factions before a sectorial comes out and they've been waiting for years. The closed battle lists printed in the season 9 documents didn't help. Varuna was stated as the next PanO sectorial but now we've got lists for something that is likely years away and people went nuts over them.

As far as the company, I believe CB is stretched way too thin. We regularly see units mislabeled, Army has glaring mistakes, they released the physical season 9 book with a ton of issues that still aren't clarified, and they've been promising certain things forever with no indication that they will ever be released.

It's great that people are excited about this and, to your point, it's true they've been releasing good sculpts and have good ideas (except for FA2 and FAT2) but they either need to ease back or hire more.

So despite them outright saying that the new sectorial are going to be out in 2018 you still think they won't?

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Khisanth Magus posted:

So despite them outright saying that the new sectorial are going to be out in 2018 you still think they won't?

They've waffled on this book so many times. They might. It'll probably go up for preorder at GenCon. My belief is that they'll roll them out over several months as the starters become available.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Cat Face Joe posted:

Was it someone here who said to swap the Noctifier SF and ML arms? How are you supposed to do that?
Yes that was me. I can dig out a really lovely photo if you want.

As for don't hype: gently caress that, we've got enough killjoys in the hobby. As much as I like to poo poo on modern CB, poo poo still gets done, mistakes in the Army don't get fixed because people prefer to bitch about it instead of submitting a bug report, and stuff that's been promised ages ago hasn't changed recently *cough* combi Aswang *cough*. CB still needs a kick in the rear end on some issues, but it's nowhere that bad.

ed: here you go:

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jan 19, 2018

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Pierzak posted:

Yes that was me. I can dig out a really lovely photo if you want.

As for don't hype: gently caress that, we've got enough killjoys in the hobby. As much as I like to poo poo on modern CB, poo poo still gets done, mistakes in the Army don't get fixed because people prefer to bitch about it instead of submitting a bug report, and stuff that's been promised ages ago hasn't changed recently *cough* combi Aswang *cough*. CB still needs a kick in the rear end on some issues, but it's nowhere that bad.

ed: here you go:

Interesting. Did it take a lot of modification to the joints? The SF has angles and blocks while the ML has domes and nubs.

It's OK to get excited but the number of people pounding themselves raw over what may be gets ridiculous.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Cat Face Joe posted:

It's OK to get excited but the number of people pounding themselves raw over what may be gets ridiculous.

I do take your point, but I put most of that onto the over-keen fans rather than the developers. While it has taken them a while to produce new rules, there are already what, 16 sectorials in Infinity? People immediately seized on one mention in the background (and it's not as if there is that much meat in the Infinity background) then that's fine, but I doubt many people were putting their gaming experience on hold until a certain sectorial gets released.

Not including you in this, but there is a weird entitlement I see in some miniature gamers on the internet, they get positively offended if their chosen company makes a design choice they dislike, or doesn't produce the hinted-at or yet-to-be-sculpted unit they have gone nuts over right now, godammit! As soon as something they do like gets released, it is forgotten or dismissed as old hat. I get the impression that with some people it's more about the anticipation and following the news online than it is actually enjoying the game or the painting and modelling side.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Cat Face Joe posted:

Did it take a lot of modification to the joints? The SF has angles and blocks while the ML has domes and nubs.
IIRC the working process was something like "file everything down, pin, score, epoxy glue, done"

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Cat Face Joe posted:

I'm using this an excuse to post that I'm hyped to play my first session of the Infinity RPG tomorrow! My character is a hyper-rich Yu Jing corporate exec, ready to talk his way through anything, or when poo poo hits the fan, don some powered heavy combat armor and hide behind his Yáokòng remote.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
I'd rather have CB release new sectorials slowly rather then rush them out and have them be wholly unbalanced, game-breaking crap. I mean, I'm dying to play a re-released Shasvastii sectorial, but whatever, I can wait. It's not like I lack for other interesting factions to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I am sorry for being excited about something that was announced as coming out for this game, I retract everything.

• Locked thread