Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

an actual dog posted:

The starting $70 kit is 2 of those vibrating car things, the fishing rod, piano, house, motorbike, and comes with the game. There's extra parts too.

It's not cheap but it's also not outrageous. I wonder how deep the software is.

It would be cooler if you could buy them separately, but this is also just the first batch. There's probably more coming that's not gonna be $69.

http://fr.ign.com/nintendo-labo-nintendo-switch/33103/news/nintendo-labo-annonce-pour-inventer-de-nouvelles-facons-de-j

Notez que les kits ne seront pas obligatoires - bien que la cartouche est quant à elle nécessaire - puisque Nintendo compte proposer les patrons des cartons gratuitement pour les constructeurs en herbe.

“the kits will not be mandatory – although the cartridge is needed – since Nintendo plans to offer the cardboard design pattern for free for aspiring builders”.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

http://fr.ign.com/nintendo-labo-nintendo-switch/33103/news/nintendo-labo-annonce-pour-inventer-de-nouvelles-facons-de-j

Notez que les kits ne seront pas obligatoires - bien que la cartouche est quant à elle nécessaire - puisque Nintendo compte proposer les patrons des cartons gratuitement pour les constructeurs en herbe.

“the kits will not be mandatory – although the cartridge is needed – since Nintendo plans to offer the cardboard design pattern for free for aspiring builders”.

god bless nintendo

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

trying to jack off posted:

god bless nintendo

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ive been watching voiceofdog play through Mother 3, i last played it when the translation patch was still pretty fresh and forgot how spot-on the humor is throughout

also the enemy design is more varied and balanced than earthbound's, it's a really tough game and you no longer have broken bottle rockets that skip hard fights. i should do a playthrough myself soon

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I first played Mother 3 shortly after it first came out on a phat DS with a GBA flash card and got about 2/3 of the way through it and then stopped for some reason and sold by DS and didn't have anything that could play GBA games so I never finished it. Playing it on an actual portable was a lot of the appeal. I doubt it'd be much fun if I played it on an emulator right now.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I got up to New Pork City and then stopped for some reason even though I really enjoyed it. I still have my save lying around

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i think i'd still really enjoy it. the game part of the game is actually good unlike EB's that hasn't aged so well lol and i'd say the story is as engaging as EB's too.

starts off a bit slow and it takes forever to actually play as the main character but it's great world building and slowly feeds you all the game mechanics. drat this might be next in line after SOTN for me

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

yeah I played Earthbound for the first time a couple years ago and enjoyed everything about it except the combat

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The Milkman posted:

It costs $69 and comes out on 4/20

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

yeah I played Earthbound for the first time a couple years ago and enjoyed everything about it except the combat

love the first 5 hours of that game where you just have a Ness that dies in 2 hits from anything. it's a classic for sure but what a brutal start to slog through

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I like Earthbound’s gameplay because it’s basically Dragon Quest but the difficulty curve is definitely skewed so the hardest and most frustrating parts are at the beginning. Tbh I find that a lot of RPGs are like that until you get additional party members.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
mother 3 is insanely good

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

I like Earthbound’s gameplay because it’s basically Dragon Quest but the difficulty curve is definitely skewed so the hardest and most frustrating parts are at the beginning. Tbh I find that a lot of RPGs are like that until you get additional party members.

the cheekily named Peaceful Rest Valley where you will loving RIP 12 times and have to slowly crawl back to from miles away lol. yeah 3 actually fixes this stuff, and i remember it just being hard through the whole game (definitely felt some power creep at the very *very* end but it feels earned at that point)

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
a lot of people complain about chapter 2 in mother 3 cause they completely miss the point of being locked into a single character whos special skill is buffs/debuffs and "have to grind" and i love laughing at their feeble and small brains

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I think the button combos make or break the difficulty, I didn't think it was particularly tough but I had no problems getting max combos and would do it every fight but people I've spoken to who couldn't do it or couldn't be bothered to do it outside of big fights seemed to have a harder time

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i could never do the combos, im blaming the game and im calling it cheating.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
https://twitter.com/korg_iapps/status/953871253701455872

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Can’t wait for my cardboard Nintendo dakimakura

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Only registered members can see post attachments!

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

https://archive.org/download/TheEverdrivePacks/Super%20EverDrive%20-%20SD2SNES/

It even has everything in separate folders all neatly. One of them is even a "only works on SD2SNES" folder. As well as translated ROMs and prototypes, betas, etc.

Also don't forget to try MSU-1 Zelda: A Link to the Past. If you have trouble getting it to work let me know and I can just upload my zip of it somewhere.

edit: it looks like smokemonster's is identical to the link I gave you. I guess a bonus is you don't need to torrent and it's all in 1 part

this link was what i wanted, im in classic gaming paradise right now

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I ordered a SNES Classic Mini today. When it arrives I'll have the EU, US and JP SNES and the EU Classic Mini. There's a person on SA who sells restored and upgraded SNES Minis (or New-Style), just gotta get that and then I'm good. Or well, maybe I'll also get the New 3DS SNES version. I can stop at any time. I do not have a problem.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Lobe

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

That's really good and honestly unexpected to me

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

In the european version of smash bros Wii u the release year of earthbound is listed as 2013 because that's when it was first released to European audiences (virtual console). That's the first time I played it and I thought it was great

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

yeah actually they will posted:

It looks like at least some of the toys are built with customization in mind that goes beyond just using be cardboard templates too, this is re: the piano from some demonstration Nintendo did

quote:

You can even draw and cut out your own sine wave and when you hold down a key, the sensor will ‘read’ the shape and the pitch will undulate accordingly.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

sine me up

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
dumbass cardboard bullshit "value-adds" are infinitely more appealing to me than amiibos

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's cool that they're putting out the templates, because if you had the DIY stuff you could create more durable ones, or plastic ones, or w/e,

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

dumbass cardboard bullshit "value-adds" are infinitely more appealing to me than amiibos

currently building a cardboard tank to run over your dumb rear end with

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i hope the cardboard house thing is like Little Computer People

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

elf help book posted:

currently building a cardboard tank to run over your dumb rear end with

good luck, I'm behind 7000 unsold Mabels

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

good luck, I'm behind 7000 unsold Mabels

shes my favorite amiibo i cant hurt her 😭

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's cool that they're putting out the templates, because if you had the DIY stuff you could create more durable ones, or plastic ones, or w/e,

scale it up 10x and punch through a real city

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Any goon sires working for Nintendo that can help us make the epic killdozer game of our dreams

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Goodnight Mabel, goodnight Mabel, goodnight Mabel, goodnight Mabel....

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

yeah actually they will posted:

They're really selling the software that makes the kits work, not the kits themselves.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

This looks neat from the few pictures I can decipher. The Korg apps for the 3DS were great and this looks like it's got twenty times more cool poo poo

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Spoderman posted:

This looks neat from the few pictures I can decipher. The Korg apps for the 3DS were great and this looks like it's got twenty times more cool poo poo

It looks cool

http://www.korg.com/us/products/software/korg_gadget_for_nintendo_switch/

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

That blows my mind. The thing seems so gimmicky that I figure some kind of official hate would exist for it, but it’s all blowjobs and lollipops. Is it really that good or is it just really in fashion to dick ride Nintendo this much?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

are we a bunch of Nintendo dick riders :ohdear: