Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

immortal anime
Oct 21, 2017

by Lowtax
baba booey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He'd never retire not on his own show .

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

*Clears throat* That's noine baba booeys you've said in the thread. *Clears throat*

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

ol yeller posted:

howard will likely announce his retirement on letterman's new talk show

He's not retiring one second before his contract is up, he wants every last penny from them after that lawsuit fiasco.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

BiggerBoat posted:

Is Howard really inducting Bon Jovi into R&RHoF or was he just goofing around? Been listening to the interview off and on. I loving loathe Bon Jovi but it's hard to hate on Jon since he always seems like such a great sport and all round nice guy.

Howard had Bon Jovi on the show a few times before they made it big and Howard thinks he's one of the reason's that they made it big. He got pissed at them several times because they "snubbed" him after their success.

also lol at Bon Jovi getting into the Hall Of Fame because who has ever listed Bon Jovi as a musical influence?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Bonzo posted:

also lol at Bon Jovi getting into the Hall Of Fame because who has ever listed Bon Jovi as a musical influence?

That's a good point but they probably belong there based on sales and longevity alone, as much as I don't like them, but you're right. Who the hell have they influenced?

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

How dare you clutter up this dead thread about a dead show on a dead forum.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

BiggerBoat posted:

That's a good point but they probably belong there based on sales and longevity alone, as much as I don't like them, but you're right. Who the hell have they influenced?

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ignored Rush for like twenty years. gently caress 'em. :mad:

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
the sound effect sirius password bit is genius

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Bonzo posted:

Howard had Bon Jovi on the show a few times before they made it big and Howard thinks he's one of the reason's that they made it big. He got pissed at them several times because they "snubbed" him after their success.

At one point in 1990, they really did snub Howard, and then got into a media war with the show. They gave up after a while, because the Stern fans were being insane.

Howard even had a contest to see who could insult Bon Jovi the most, and the runner up was a guy taking an enema and then unleashing on a picture of John.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

The only people going to their concerts are housewives and "country music" fans who want to hear a (lovely) version of Livin' on a Prayer. I saw Bon Jovi back in 89 or 90 and they were not really that good live.

prefect posted:

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ignored Rush for like twenty years. gently caress 'em. :mad:

My man.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

prefect posted:

Whoa, seriously?

:argh:

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is a joke, its a mess, what a waste.

When you look at who gets inducted and who doesnt its just stupid.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I really like the sound of this if anyone has a clip of it anywhere later

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Judas Priest still isn't in the Hall of Fame. Let that sink in.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Bonzo posted:

Judas Priest still isn't in the Hall of Fame. Let that sink in.

Johnny Rotten rules:

Perhaps the most famous, public and scathing rejection came in 2006, as the Sex Pistols were being inducted into the hall. The group did not attend, and Pistols frontman Johnny Rotten posted a note on the group's website staying "Next to the Sex Pistols, rock and roll and that hall of fame is a piss stain," going on to say, "We're not your monkeys, we're not coming. You're not paying attention."

Rotten's note was very critical of the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame's financial motives as well, suggesting the band could have "fame at $25,000 if we paid for a table or $15,000 to squeak up in the gallery," in an apparent reference to the fee requested from the hall for attending the ceremony.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/axl-rose-joins-sex-pistols-ozzy-osbourne-in-hall-of-fame-open-letter-club/

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The rock and roll hof is complete garbage and a sham.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
The problem with the Rock and Roll HOF and really any HOF(Baseball especially) is that people dont have to get in every year, but the shows make so much money that they feel like they have to put them on.
They should only have the inductions when there is actually a reason to

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

I'd have less of a problem with the Rock Hall if they just renamed it the Music Hall of Fame.

Nothing against Nina Simone, but when I think of "rock and roll", I sure don't think of her.

immortal anime
Oct 21, 2017

by Lowtax
baba booey

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

if I get probated for empty quoting please kind mod just write "baba booey" for my suspension reason

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

SmokaDustbowl posted:

It really was. I'm not even sure what the hell Sal and Richard even do anymore, but that was a nice bit for a change.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

beep by grandpa posted:

if I get probated for empty quoting please kind mod just write "baba booey" for my suspension reason

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Pffft. Like any mods give a poo poo about this thread.

immortal anime
Oct 21, 2017

by Lowtax
baba booey

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Squashy Nipples posted:

Pffft. Like any mods give a poo poo about this thread.

What do THEY do for a living, huh?

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

What do THEY do for a living, huh?

find out in my tell all book coming out soon

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

AxeManiac posted:

find out in my tell all book coming out soon

Tell me something... Will there be lists in this book?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGDokFl-ljg&t=2129s

immortal anime
Oct 21, 2017

by Lowtax
baba booey

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

baba booey

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Fla Fla Flowley

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

prefect posted:

Fla Fla Flowley

Ba-Ba-Bad-news

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

prefect posted:

Fla Fla Flowley

Isn't it fla fla funky or fa fa flo-hi?

When did these other ones start?

Also, the "baba booey" drop always sounds like either Fred or Harvey Keitel saying it, I have to remind myself that it's actually Gary.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

GARY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvGYhRSsRoY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Isn't it fla fla funky or fa fa flo-hi?

When did these other ones start?

Billy liked to mutate them while he was doing funny voices. Like Sa Sa Smelly.

Also, the "baba booey" drop always sounds like either Fred or Harvey Keitel saying it, I have to remind myself that it's actually Gary.

Yeah, it has never sounded like he's actually saying it, and it still weirds me out.

prefect fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jan 19, 2018