Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Phy posted:

Lookin' kinda Art Nouveau there, Diana

Hard to escape its influence after living in Paris.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I liked the earlier bit at GCPD. I love how Gordon just expects this stuff by now

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

One of my favorite bits from Knightfall is Gordon being incredibly shocked when he turns away, turns back around and Batman is still there.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Retro Futurist posted:

I liked the earlier bit at GCPD. I love how Gordon just expects this stuff by now

Good on Wonder Woman remembering her manners :allears:

Lurdiak posted:

One of my favorite bits from Knightfall is Gordon being incredibly shocked when he turns away, turns back around and Batman is still there.
This was loving great, yeah.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

From the latest Superman issue. The Justice League brings some terminally ill kids to the space station and have a scavenger hunt, the most challenging item is a picture of Batman smiling. One of the kids whispers in his ear, Batman smiles and and all the kids snap a pic.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

uh, i can safely say that they were evil since all cats are evil. their innate malevolence and hatred for life just makes them cuter, though.

Hang on, got to pitch my new Streaky series to DC.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Am I the only one who thinks Diana's last speech bubble in the second-to-last panel sounds rather Jewish Yiddish (thank you, Retro-Futurist)? Maybe the whole panel?

ManiacClown fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Jan 18, 2018

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Proteus Jones posted:

From the latest Superman issue. The Justice League brings some terminally ill kids to the space station and have a scavenger hunt, the most challenging item is a picture of Batman smiling. One of the kids whispers in his ear, Batman smiles and and all the kids snap a pic.

I'm imagining since the kids are terminally ill, the Flash tells one of them Batman's secret identity so he can go find Bruce Wayne pretending to be happy at a party or something. The kid hands the photo back to Batman and he's utterly mortified.

Kevin Palpatine
Dec 20, 2017

ManiacClown posted:

Am I the only one who thinks Diana's last speech bubble in the second-to-last panel sounds rather Jewish? Maybe the whole panel?

:wtc:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

ManiacClown posted:

Am I the only one who thinks Diana's last speech bubble in the second-to-last panel sounds rather Jewish? Maybe the whole panel?

que?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

what the gently caress man

Kevin Palpatine
Dec 20, 2017
are there any other jewish speech patterns infiltrating our comics, mein fuhrer?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Keep this under your hat, but I heard that some comic writers back in the day were of a more........ Semitic persuasion, but they changed their names so no one could tell

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Kevin Palpatine posted:

are there any other jewish speech patterns infiltrating our comics, mein fuhrer?

It's an especially weird thing to say after someone else just complained about her not being like Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Hopefully they mean in a seinfeldian stereotypical new yorker way.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I personally will only read books starring Weimar Woman.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

ManiacClown posted:

:stare:

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

ManiacClown posted:

I had a response, but no. You took this to a weird place.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

Kevin Palpatine posted:

Great, grammar nazis.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Cassa posted:

Hopefully they mean in a seinfeldian stereotypical new yorker way.

Pretty much that, yeah.

Edit: To elaborate, I meant specifically a Jackie Mason sort of vibe. That's pretty much the image a lot of us out here have of Jews, as nobody ever accused South Dakota of being diverse.

ManiacClown fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Jan 18, 2018

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
The Power Rangers have to deal with their most challenging foe yet

Also from the Marvel 75th Anniversary Special, a peek at what could’ve been, and what might happen in the future if Disney continues their inexorable devouring of all brands.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

ManiacClown posted:

Pretty much that, yeah.

Edit: To elaborate, I meant specifically a Jackie Mason sort of vibe. That's pretty much the image a lot of us out here have of Jews, as nobody ever accused South Dakota of being diverse.

The word you wanted here was Yiddish

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Retro Futurist posted:

The word you wanted here was Yiddish

Ah, yes. Thank you. [tugs collar]

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Tom King definitely gave her an inflection through the issue that's much stronger than other comics, though I was hearing Borat here

which is hilarious either/or with Yiddish.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Oh yeah okay i can see what you're talking about now

At first i was like wtffff

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures
I assume making her more Gadot-esque was King's intent, but has her dialogue been written like that in any of her other post-Rebirth appearances?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Gann Jerrod posted:

The Power Rangers have to deal with their most challenging foe yet

Also from the Marvel 75th Anniversary Special, a peek at what could’ve been, and what might happen in the future if Disney continues their inexorable devouring of all brands.

So uh...what's the "One Olsen" thing? Also I adore that marvel page.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Guessing it's a conspiracy theory about how there's only one Olsen "twin"?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

It was a John Oliver joke about conspiracy theories, that the Olsen twins were just one woman moving back and forth very quickly. Like most Oliver jokes, some people got way too into it.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Is that a one-eyed, one-horned, flying purple people eater?

Oh whoops, it has two horns, never mind.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

You, an ignorant: Transformers represent capitalism
Me, an intelectual:

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Gann Jerrod posted:

Don't they technically still own Bug since their take was pretty much ruled as an original character?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
You get a lovely Alan Davis cover and then cover it up with all those black boxes. I appreciate that's the joke but :shrug:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

SilverSupernova posted:

Don't they technically still own Bug since their take was pretty much ruled as an original character?

Bug was in some of the Abnett/Lanning cosmic stuff, wasn't he? Guardians?

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

prefect posted:

Bug was in some of the Abnett/Lanning cosmic stuff, wasn't he? Guardians?

Yeah, he was one of the main crew in Annihilation.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

And then in No Man's Land he yells at Batman for always disappearing.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Samovar posted:

To be fair, that set of Bat-armour is taking the piss.

I think it looks pretty cool, in my opinion. But then, I'm a big fan of medieval fantasy and a medieval fantasy Batman sounds pretty cool to me!

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012

SilverSupernova posted:

Micronauts is weird in that like Rom, Spaceknight, Marvel owns almost everything they created for the comics just not some specific characters that weren't changed enough (Acroyear and Karza) or certain appearances (they can use Commander Rann but can't use his Space Glider costume IIRC). This is why they can still show up once every decade, same as Galador and the Space Knights. This is different than the other licensed comics Marvel did for Hasbro where Hasbro got to own everything that first appeared in a Transformers or G.I. Joe comic, which is why Death's Head first appeared in a one-page strip and Circuit Breaker shows up in Secret Wars II so Marvel could claim ownership of them.

Also they actually censored a character they completely own (Marionette) in that picture.

Horrible Taste fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jan 18, 2018

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
Who's actually in that picture?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

A Strange Aeon posted:

Who's actually in that picture?

Godzilla, Rom, NFL Superpro, and a bunch of Micronauts (Commander Rann, Marionette, Bug, Biotron, Acroyear). The caption also mentions the Shogun Warriors, who I guess are represented by the hand reaching into the panel from the top.