Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
I accept the challenge to explain why I think this free game is better than Star Citizen, I claim Sleeping Dogs!!! If I fail to post my field trip report, :toxx:

I already have Tomb Raider which I haven't even got around to installing yet, so if I've time I'll play & field report that too :eng101:

e:

Quavers fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Jan 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Quavers posted:

I accept the challenge to explain why I think this free game is better than Star Citizen, I claim Sleeping Dogs!!! If I fail to post my field trip report, :toxx:

I already have Tomb Raider which I haven't even got around to installing yet, so if I've time I'll play & field report that too :eng101:

e:

Game sent! Also, good puppers!

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

AP posted:

24 hours or so until all hell breaks loose, stock up on drinks and snacks as this weekend should be fun.*

*Unless there's a two week delay.

I fully expect the reply to cause exactly as much, if not less uproar than the initial filing did. They've already shown they think Ortwin is the god of lawyers based on their reaction to his reply. Nothing will change that.

I still want to see it, because it will be good for us.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Quavers posted:

e:

Spoilers: They're both really good games.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

AP posted:

24 hours or so until all hell breaks loose, stock up on drinks and snacks as this weekend should be fun.*

*Unless there's a two week delay.

I cannot wait to see which new word we are all going to learning about over the next several weeks

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

The Titanic posted:

Whoa hold up there bud. The last guy who did that ended up paying child support for the next 18 years of his life. Citizens don’t got time for none of that chasm exploring when there’s space jpeg to buy.

:eyepop:

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Sunswipe posted:

Spoilers: They're both really good games.

Sleeping Dogs Field Report Preview:

Game is good.

Star Citizen is bad.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

SomethingJones posted:

I cannot wait to see which new word we are all going to learning about over the next several weeks

Please let it be Mendacious. That's my favourite word.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
what happens in 24 hours?

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

Alan Smithee posted:

what happens in 24 hours?

Skadden filing according to derek

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

The only thing happening tomorrow is a reply to the motion to dismiss, which honestly ought to be a single page of "hey, I don't want to tell the court how to do its business but one of our interns drafted this memo and he pointed out that the MtD is worthless garbage for basic reasons pulled from his Civ Pro textbook." A lengthy memo over trivially understood points of law would be overkill.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

kw0134 posted:

The only thing happening tomorrow is a reply to the motion to dismiss, which honestly ought to be a single page of "hey, I don't want to tell the court how to do its business but one of our interns drafted this memo and he pointed out that the MtD is worthless garbage for basic reasons pulled from his Civ Pro textbook." A lengthy memo over trivially understood points of law would be overkill.

:allears:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Star Citizen: Meet the FKKerS

Codezombie
Sep 2, 2016

Nyast posted:

I think 2018 is going to be a tough year for them financially, because they've used most of their ace cards in 2017.

People were awaiting the 3.0 "Jesus" patch with, for the first time, procedural planets. Now it's out. They won't have any innovative new tech to show off for this year.

People were awaiting the new SQ42 "gameplay trailer". Now it's out. If they demo SQ42 again next year, it's just gonna be "another mission" - much less exciting.

Content to be added this year in 3.0, 3.1+ etc.. will be quite limited. If lucky we might see Arccorp and, for the first time, procedural cities. Except that they demoed it last year, so it'll have less of a "wow" effect.

In other words, I can't think of anything that they could show this year that would top last year's combo of 3.0 + procedural cities + SQ42 trailer. And they barely made as much as in 2016 using all their cards..

Battlemechs, they'll announce Battlemechs. Calling it now.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Aramoro posted:

I'm not sure that it's incredible own of Goons that they think it is.

I don't feel owned at all, not even a little.

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

SomethingJones posted:

I'm hoping for Kakistocracy.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

SomethingJones posted:

There are lots of words we don't know. Can you name one?

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Amazing Zimmo posted:

I'm guessing that the new patcher they threw in is actually corrupting the game files particularly if it takes a fresh install to stop crashes.

Still not as good as Eve Online's patch that would wipe out your C drive. Now that was classic.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Tokamak posted:

the gif guy is on a roll:

https://giant.gfycat.com/CraftyRigidIbex.mp4

downvote and move on whine about it with the regulars.

The comments section is pretty good too lol

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014
Just leaving this here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuQtf_Wh9A8

The next playtest will involve missiles and some other weapon types.
It was really drat fun from fighter to the cruisers, they are making decent progress for a team that small with a budget so tight.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

SomethingJones posted:

I can't wait for the youtube lawyer video.

AngusPodgorny
Jun 3, 2004

Please to be restful, it is only a puffin that has from the puffin place outbroken.

kw0134 posted:

On the other hand, it's a billing opportunity, so time to send associates out to research and brief things to death.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Baxta posted:

Why is this guy a proud authority on all things I.T. again? Seems he knows a little about hardware and thats it.

I'm afraid your credentials are not good enough to get it. Sucks to be you

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

He's probably an MCSE or something which of course means he knows everything about games development.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

:eyepop:

GRIMM HEX GRAVITY LOSE AT STAIRS BEFORE TRADING CONSOLE ROOM
Can reproduce = 5/10
ACTUAL RESULT = I find this happens alot if you are hugging either wall, going down the stairs, you can get a long hover down to the door happening. Running up the stairs you can sort of float up alittle and this will reduce your speed to a walk till you hit the ground again, both are in the video.
EXPECTED RESULT = Running/Walking up and down stairs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CGb-w6r31w

SPAWN ROOM DOOR WON'T OPEN
Can reproduce = 10/10
ACTUAL RESULT = Tried to open the bedroom door in Crusader but it wouldn't open.
EXPECTED RESULT = The door should have opened.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pR7233aATo

UI "F" TOGGLE GLITCH
Can reproduce = 3/10
ACTUAL RESULT = Movement is messed up and no Ship is Flyable in this condition
EXPECTED RESULT = Should have someway to reset "F" toggle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlAKQHiwUVk

AEGIS AVENGER TITAN THRUSTS TO THE RIGHT ON PLANET SURFACE DURING STARTUP
Can reproduce = 13/10
ACTUAL RESULT = Ship starts up, ship starts leaning to the right, then ship thrusts to the right. I will not regain control until the startup sequence is complete. I will recall, that on Deymar and at Levski where this has happened, I always here wind. I don't think it is related, but I do find it strange, may be it's the thrusters I am hearing, I do not know. Additionally, while this has been happening only on planetside, I do notice that at Olisar, the nose of my ship pulls itself down during the startup sequence. I think they are related but I am unsure how.
EXPECTED RESULT = Ship startup maintains ship position for normal takeoff.

BROKEN CARGO TERMINAL
Can reproduce = 11/10
ACTUAL RESULT = Go to sell one type of cargo - Successful. Then go to sell more or different cargo. Undefined Error, or RETRY error, then Screen sometimes screws up and shows "Cargo to Buy" listing under the "Cargo To Sell" section. Watch Video
EXPECTED RESULT = Cargo transactions terminal to function properly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9hxSigjsl4

SHIP SPAWNS WITHOUT AND DOORS WEAPONS, IT IS UNUSABLE
Can reproduce = 86/10
ACTUAL RESULT = Ship is loaded without doors nor buttons and cannot be used
EXPECTED RESULT = Being able to use ship

CANNOT COMPLETE DELIVERY MISSIONS
Can reproduce = 132/10
ACTUAL RESULT = Cannot interact with the NPC when holding F. Can't complete the mission
EXPECTED RESULT = Expecting the regular 4 option menu from the admin NPC with a "make a delivery" option to complete the mission
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6sbiL37NEw

REC BOUGHT SHIPS AND EQUIPMENTS ARE NOT SHOWN IN ARENA COMMANDER
Can reproduce = 55/10
ACTUAL RESULT = The Equipment or Ships are not shown in Arena Commander.
EXPECTED RESULT = The Equipment and Ships should be usable in Arena Commander.

AIRLOCKS SOMETIMES NOT WORKING
Can reproduce = 31/10
ACTUAL RESULT = sometimes on of the airlocks are half open
EXPECTED RESULT = pressurised it should be closed

LOG OUT IN BED DOESN'T WORK
Can reproduce = 13/10
ACTUAL RESULT = Log out in any bed from any ship. log back in. notice your ship is wherever you logged out last but you respawn at Olisar
EXPECTED RESULT = Persistence should work

LANDING REQUEST AS CREWMEMBER IS NOT VISIBLE FOR THE PILOT
Can reproduce = 38/10
ACTUAL RESULT = If a Landing Request is issued by one of the Crewmembers, the Landing Pad gets assigned but no visual indicator shows up. Only the Pilot can make a Request where a marker appears.
EXPECTED RESULT = The visual indicator for the assigned Landing Pad should appear for the pilot regardless of the crew member who made the request.

SHIP THROTTLE NOT REFLECTING JOYSTICK THROTTLE AFTER DECOUPLING
Can reproduce = 16/10
ACTUAL RESULT = Get into any ship and take off. Throttle up to an arbitrary amount. Decouple. Set your Joystick throttle to 0. Couple. Your throttle will be set to the value representing the speed when coupling and not 0.
EXPECTED RESULT = I expect the throttle of the ship to always reflect the throttle of your Joystick (0 in this example)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9s9A7mUfNw

LOW FPS IN CRUSADER
Can reproduce = 1386/10
ACTUAL RESULT = Spawn in Crusader. Preferably wait for server to fill up a bit. Notice heavy FPS drain and stuttering. FPS, when the server fills up, starts to become unplayable with bouts of slideshowing.
EXPECTED RESULT = FPS in Port Olisar should be a bit more reasonable.
:f5:

And the top 100 reports:

:tif:

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Lladre posted:

Still not as good as Eve Online's patch that would wipe out your C drive. Now that was classic.

(It would delete the boot.ini file accidentally) :ccp:

Hav fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jan 18, 2018

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

masterpiece

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Lladre posted:

It wasn't the C drive.

It was boot.ini. Which is close enough.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

kw0134 posted:

The problem is that the youtube lawyer has set Citizen expectations so high that if the reply is extensive and damaging there is going to be major angst as Citizens try to refactor their dreams. 3.0 is a dud, it's so bad that I can't even be bothered reading the issue tracker, so much crap there, this Crytek response should provide a lot of laughs, if it's as devastating as I expect it to be.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

Codezombie posted:

Battlemechs, they'll announce Battlemechs. Calling it now.

I want to say they announced something akin to power armor a long while back. Early Star Marine days.

Not sure if that has been lost to time or the avalanche of bullshit videos.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

Lladre posted:

Didn't that one just delete boot.ini? Or was it system.32. Been soo long, I can't remember.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Hobold posted:

Didn't that one just delete boot.ini? Or was it system.32. Been soo long, I can't remember.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msXRFJ2ar_E

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

That could have only been better if it was CCP Guard falling outside the window. Love that short fella.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

As someone pointed out, massive overkill might be coming anyway both because Skadden probably doesn't believe in leaving anything to chance and because why leave billable hours on the table.

A ten page memo explaining in excruciating detail why the defense are legal babbies might also have a tactical effect of getting them to the negotiating table if they have any sort of self awareness. If the response to the complaint is any guide...they still won't.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
The important thing is calling that a response is going to get filed on the due date, because you have inside knowledge of how the one of the largest law firms in the world works, a day before the due date.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Calling it right now

Reddit will overreact to Skadden's reply and play it down as nothing important.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Lladre posted:

The important thing is calling that a response is going to get filed on the due date, because you have inside knowledge of how the one of the largest law firms in the world works, a day before the due date.

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Calling it right now

Reddit will overreact to Skadden's reply and play it down as nothing important.

Really reaching on this one Jobbo. Be careful with such specific calls.