Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Next Halloween I'm only handing out Tide pods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Spoeank posted:

I asked my mom about wine and she gave me a shot of red wine vinegar, told me it was red wine, and told me to drink it quickly

My parents, being borderline hippies, felt that it was best to let kids have a little alcohol so they'd understand what it was, that it wasn't particularly special, and what it felt like to be a little tipsy... so when we were teenagers we would not be as inclined to binge drink at parties. Especially since they gave us good wine or beer, so we would find the poo poo that teenagers binge-drink to be unpalatable.

Consequently, in 1975 or 76 I was featured on the big video board at Candlestick Park, when my parents were caught on camera giving their baby a sip of red wine at a Giants game.

Also I think their approach worked pretty well, or at least, as far as I know none of my siblings or I wound up driving drunk or getting in trouble due to alcohol.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Lol Newsweek was using stolen servers

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Speaking of parents, check these lovebirds out:

https://www.pe.com/2018/01/15/13-malnourished-children-people-found-chained-to-beds-in-perris-parents-jailed/

quote:

In a discovery that has stunned both authorities and neighbors in a suburban Riverside County neighborhood, 13 brothers and sisters who appeared to have been held captive by their parents in a Perris house were found early Sunday, Jan. 14, after one of them escaped and called 911.

Some of them were chained and padlocked to their beds inside the dark and foul-smelling house in the 100 block of Muir Woods Road, the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department said.

“The parents were unable to immediately provide a logical reason why their children were restrained in that manner,” sheriff’s officials said in a news release.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Leperflesh posted:

My parents, being borderline hippies, felt that it was best to let kids have a little alcohol so they'd understand what it was, that it wasn't particularly special, and what it felt like to be a little tipsy... so when we were teenagers we would not be as inclined to binge drink at parties. Especially since they gave us good wine or beer, so we would find the poo poo that teenagers binge-drink to be unpalatable.

Consequently, in 1975 or 76 I was featured on the big video board at Candlestick Park, when my parents were caught on camera giving their baby a sip of red wine at a Giants game.

Also I think their approach worked pretty well, or at least, as far as I know none of my siblings or I wound up driving drunk or getting in trouble due to alcohol.

My parents did the same thing except they're borderline libertarian / fascie respectively. They let me drink at family parties when I was really young, which... yeah, drinking around a bunch of old people is lame.

Though in Hong Kong I'd buy a beer or wine coolers and just wander around drinking them as a teen, which... that felt pretty cool.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
This is the proest of clicks

https://www.buzzfeed.com/amphtml/tomphillips/twitterstorm-2018?utm_term=.rqO6ya0Ze&__twitter_impression=true

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Thst poor bird loving son of a bitch

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Its Rinaldo posted:

His response to being targeted by Trump is so simple and honest.

He just wants to see a grebe.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

piss tape israel posted:

Except for the fact that, you know, cinnamon isn't poisonous

That's why it's more extreme.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Its Rinaldo posted:

Is it Kawalimus?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Theses are all made up right as it’s months into the future on all the tweet dates

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
It's fake and lol at the first comment proving the point of the parody.

edit: thought i attached an image, but here's an imgur link:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Look at all the tweeters' names, of course it's fake. Up to and including the PJW parody. It's outlining the path of outrage.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I am amazed at how not-online some of you people are.

You post on a message board for christsakes.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I don't understand what happens that gets people to this point. Like how do you get to, "Time to chain up the kids!" ?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ehud posted:

I don't understand what happens that gets people to this point. Like how do you get to, "Time to chain up the kids!" ?

I saw this when someone was laughing about their nutty family pictures, but I hadn't caught this bit before:

quote:

The victims appeared dirty and malnourished, the release said, and were so emaciated that deputies were shocked to discover that while all looked like children, they actually ranged in age from 2 to 29; six of them were minors and seven were 18 or older.

I have a 2nd cousin who was left so malnourished 11 years ago that she's permanently disabled, loving kill these two.

Oh, and:

quote:

In a bankruptcy filing from 2011, when the couple lived in Murrieta, records state that David Turpin was an engineer at Northrop Grumman and that his wife was a homemaker.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Ehud posted:

Scientology

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

Ehud posted:

Untreated mental illness probably plays a big part. Idk, I can't imagine treating my kid that way at any point in his life. They also apparently ran a day school from the house, so maybe some weird religious views, hence all the kids and the punishment.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Ehud posted:

I mean... have you been around kids

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Ehud posted:

I didn't have cat food when I woke up today and got angry at my cat for wanting food, it's an extreme version of that (I bought food and my cat is now well fed and sitting on my lap).

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Spoeank posted:

it's this

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

People in crisis, with poor coping skills, a conviction that being "tough" is the primary (or only) effective parenting tool, and - not to take away any of their individual responsibility - a general societal arrangement where too many people are isolated from their neighbors and friends, never exposed to effective parenting techniques, and feel that they're on their own when it comes to managing and raising their family.

I don't wanna get too "it takes a village" but yeah, for most of human history, we had nothing like the modern concept of privacy, and it was fairly impossible to abuse your kids without all your neighbors knowing about it and condoning it; plus you basically were co-opted into participating in child care by the time you were an adolescent, so anyone old enough to be an actual parent already had some childcaring skills.

Our current arrangement where people move around the country, have locked doors, and have a strong expectation that nobody can tell them how to raise their kids is an historical aberration and while all of these factors have big advantages, the disadvantage is that there's little or no obstacle for people utterly unequipped or unsuited to parenthood becoming parents, and keeping their terrible parenting private.

e. But still gently caress them, because there is no real excuse for this level of abuse, and no level of ignorance lets them plausibly claim they didn't know what they were doing was horrific and wrong. Just to be clear.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Kalli posted:

I am amazed at how not-online some of you people are.

You post on a message board for christsakes.

We old :corsair:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Spoeank posted:

lol yeah but I thought I was the only one who can't stand them

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I applied for a job at a public agency for which I'm perfect. The role of the position is the venn diagram intersection between two niche subdisciplines. I am expertly skilled in both those two niche subdisciplines. That intersection is basically my entire shtick. The position calls for an associates degree and 2 years of experience. I have a masters and 4 years of experience.

Didn't even get called in for an interview but they sent a nice rejection letter!!!

Gah the work day needs to be over so I can deadlift until I can jump off this stupid planet

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Meanwhile my friends roommate who can't even use Ruby on Rails works at a start up that just got bought out and the way the transition is structured he's getting a raise to $135k and then every month for a year he gets a bonus check equal to his actual paycheck.

Every decision I've made in my life is incorrect.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I applied for a job at a public agency for which I'm perfect. The role of the position is the venn diagram intersection between two niche subdisciplines. I am expertly skilled in both those two niche subdisciplines. That intersection is basically my entire shtick. The position calls for an associates degree and 2 years of experience. I have a masters and 4 years of experience.

Didn't even get called in for an interview but they sent a nice rejection letter!!!

Gah the work day needs to be over so I can deadlift until I can jump off this stupid planet

You have too much education and experience, they want someone they can pay very little and your resume negates that.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

swickles posted:

You have too much education and experience, they want someone they can pay very little and your resume negates that.

Normally I'd agree but it's a public job in Washington state. So the minimum is still high 50's.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
I'm visiting a different office today and this office has a corgi who loves fetch and is a good boy. Life is good.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I approve of this office corgi policy

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Kalli posted:

I saw this when someone was laughing about their nutty family pictures, but I hadn't caught this bit before:

I have a 2nd cousin who was left so malnourished 11 years ago that she's permanently disabled, loving kill these two.

Oh, and:

My wife was telling me about this last night. Just take them out back and put a bullet in the back of their heads.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

opposable thumbs.db posted:

I'm visiting a different office today and this office has a corgi who loves fetch and is a good boy. Life is good.

Wanna pet that dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
:lol:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-18/mortal-again-christie-blocked-at-vip-entrance-to-newark-airport

Port Authority removed Christie from the VIP list and made him go through TSA like a normal person.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Normally I'd agree but it's a public job in Washington state. So the minimum is still high 50's.

Someone got hired because they knew someone, or were already in line for a promotion, and the entire exercise of listing the job and collecting resumes was just performance art to comply with regulations.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Spoeank posted:

lol

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
Excuse poor quality of dog pic

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Look at that face

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

A good dog.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

https://twitter.com/pftcommenter/status/954083127206514688

Hahahahahahaha

Also, that is a good doggo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Spoeank posted:

We have a room in the house that has a barred waist high gate that closes the room off. I call it the baby prison.

Observe