Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

FullLeatherJacket posted:

reminder that chelsea binned off diego costa so they could sign a 36 year old peter crouch

Why does Batshuayi just not get play time? He scores goals when he occasionally gets a trot out, how are Carroll and Crouch rated above him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Now apparently Chelsea are buying Dzeko

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/SkyKaveh/status/954115554067013632

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

What the gently caress is going on is there some kind of time split on the line to their scout

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Edin Dzeko's 31, are they really paying 65 million for that

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Missing out on Llorente broke Conte's already mental brain.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Crouchy to Chelsea would be amazing

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Jose has completely broken Conte’s mind.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Vegetable posted:

Edin Dzeko's 31, are they really paying 65 million for that

Emerson is pretty good and would fetch a decent transfer fee on his own

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Chelsea just casting about for a poo poo old English target man. What's Kevin Davies up to?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Take Tammy Abraham back.

He's not at all a target man, but take him back, please.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
I'm sure Mark Viduka is available

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

brocked posted:

I'm sure Mark Viduka is available

Mark Viduka on a 6 month contract would be a world beater

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Grant Holt could still do a job.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
They're going to bring Drogba out of retirement

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Dean Ashton should be recovered by now right

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Chelsea were probably hoping Barry Bennell was going to take all the heat for illegally interfering with minors, but nope:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/18/chelsea-accused-fifa-breaking-rules-signings-25-minors

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
Jamie Vardy has proven himself, and i’m surprised clubs aren’t in for him

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

They should ask for 100 million to be honest. Not that those two are worth that much but it's Chelsea.

SuperSix
Aug 22, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE_jypWSGWY

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I want Heskey.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Arsenal will be playing four four loving two

They absolutely need to. They don’t have 3 good defenders on the whole roster to form a back three, they sold all their outside attacking threats, and their midfield has been a loving sieve with the 3-4-2-1.

4-4-2 like
Kolasinac / Koscielny / Mustafi / Bellerin

With some combination of Xhaka / Wilshire / Ramsey / Mkit with Ozil in the front of a diamond

and Lac / Aub up front

Will be vastly stronger than any of the hosed up lineups they’ve run this year asking Iwobi and Welbeck to provide striker service passes while the defense gets torn up.

The side will probably still be poo poo though.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Libertine posted:

They absolutely need to. They don’t have 3 good defenders on the whole roster to form a back three, they sold all their outside attacking threats, and their midfield has been a loving sieve with the 3-4-2-1.

4-4-2 like
Kolasinac / Koscielny / Mustafi / Bellerin

With some combination of Xhaka / Wilshire / Ramsey / Mkit with Ozil in the front of a diamond

and Lac / Aub up front

Will be vastly stronger than any of the hosed up lineups they’ve run this year asking Iwobi and Welbeck to provide striker service passes while the defense gets torn up.

The side will probably still be poo poo though.

Needs more code tags I’m afraid

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I was going to make a post lamenting the lack of width in that formation then I remembered Arsenal have no width of note anyway

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Ninpo posted:

I was going to make a post lamenting the lack of width in that formation then I remembered Arsenal have no width of note anyway

Mkhitaryan should be wide enough

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ninpo posted:

No width and no sensible combination in midfield. Even if Arsenal get Aubameyang and Mhkitaryan, there isn’t any team that they can play that seems particularly good.

The diamond discussed above gets the most of Arsenal’s expensive players on the field, but Wenger would never try it. Most likely he’d go with a 4-2-3-1 and hope the front 4 are talented enough to paper over the cracks.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Needs more code tags I’m afraid

code:
\trashtrashtrash /
 \    Arsenal   /
  \ trashtrash /
   \__________/

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Simon Stone was on BBC 5 live and said United committed to paying Sanchez £180M over four years. I'm guessing that includes a lot of bonuses, but holy loving poo poo.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

blue footed boobie posted:

No width and no sensible combination in midfield. Even if Arsenal get Aubameyang and Mhkitaryan, there isn’t any team that they can play that seems particularly good.

The diamond discussed above gets the most of Arsenal’s expensive players on the field, but Wenger would never try it. Most likely he’d go with a 4-2-3-1 and hope the front 4 are talented enough to paper over the cracks.

They can kick it anywhere, they're so skilful. So you can put them anywhere. You can put them all in the middle, but they'll know where to go. As soon as the whistle's gone they can all spread out.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Akileese posted:

Simon Stone was on BBC 5 live and said United committed to paying Sanchez £180M over four years. I'm guessing that includes a lot of bonuses, but holy loving poo poo.
Not that I know loving anything about it, but it seems a bit much. That's £865,000 a week, which is probably about double what he actually will earn per week if not more. I can't believe he'll have bonuses that double his salary every week

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Wait how? I thought Pogba was the EPL’s highest paid at like 290k/week. They’re going to more than double that for an already peaked Alexis? I can’t believe that.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
no idea how chelsea havent gotten girouds ear

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Akileese posted:

As much as I would love to laugh at this forever, there's no loving way.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Bea Nanner posted:

no idea how chelsea havent gotten girouds ear

Have they announced they’re the official partner of Twix yet?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Akileese posted:

thats a lot of money to spend on his big dumb dogs

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Have they announced they’re the official partner of Twix yet?

its all in the mix

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

Diva Cupcake posted:

I can’t believe that.

Congrats on being sensible.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Goretzka to Bayern next season on a free transfer is a done deal.

https://twitter.com/s04/status/954293041837363200

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Diva Cupcake posted:

I can’t believe that.

Yeah those are Januzaj wages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Paperhouse posted:

Not that I know loving anything about it, but it seems a bit much. That's £865,000 a week, which is probably about double what he actually will earn per week if not more. I can't believe he'll have bonuses that double his salary every week

Somewhere around £350k-450k was the number being thrown around initially. I can't see any way that number is real but it sure was funny as hell to read.

• Locked thread