Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

precision posted:

There's already been several

Really? Which ones, I don't go to the movies that often and don't follow movies that much so I have no idea what has been released in the least few years. Anything in particular good because I find the subject pretty crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I know there's The Rise and Rise of Bitcoins which is a documentary and there's been a movie where crypto currency is the mcguffin but I can't recall its name

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I lust for cryptodeath.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Reality Loser posted:

Where did the jrpg system of monsters dropping trash items that get turned in to items in town begin?

Do any games even do this still? I can't remember the last time I played a game where all the various loot didn't serve some purpose.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

i feel like when you get to the platform just as the shonan-shinjuku is pulling out of the station

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
tiger uppercut! Tiger tiger tiger tiger uppercut

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
honestly these games just existing is kind of loving me up because how the gently caress is there anyone who could enjoy these games that are literally just a cheap skin of something actually good filled with insane bullshit that exists for literally nothing but to scam you??? like i can kind of understand enjoying some games that implement lovely lootboxes because a number of those are still sort of actual games, but this is just like. holy poo poo. what even kind of enjoyment are you even supposed to extract from this disgusting pile

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

The Colonel posted:

honestly these games just existing is kind of loving me up because how the gently caress is there anyone who could enjoy these games that are literally just a cheap skin of something actually good filled with insane bullshit that exists for literally nothing but to scam you??? like i can kind of understand enjoying some games that implement lovely lootboxes because a number of those are still sort of actual games, but this is just like. holy poo poo. what even kind of enjoyment are you even supposed to extract from this disgusting pile

As a goon you should be well aware of the overwhelming impulse of the average person to try to feel smarter than everyone else.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Has the media given kids eating pods an epidemic name yet?

Is it pod-racing? Is this podracing?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Headline: "Meet the Podpeople"

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Probably still just filed under milennials.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

Do any games even do this still? I can't remember the last time I played a game where all the various loot didn't serve some purpose.

Persona 5, Nier, Horizon, and The Witcher 3 off the top of my head all have "this item is only worth cash" to varying degree.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Enemies in The Surge drop broken crap that only gets converted to crafting material when you stop at a crafting station.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Waiting in line to play the new house of the dead is not how I thought I was gonna end my trip to Tokyo

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

chumbler posted:

Probably still just filed under milennials.

"Having successfully killed everything else on Earth, millennials are finally killing themselves"

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

so do people just like chew the pods or swallow them whole or what. is ketchup involved

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

The Colonel posted:

The thing that fucks me up about cryptocurrency is how bitcoin mining is essentially a group of people collectively deciding to waste as much electricity as humanly possible in the pursuit of imaginary money. It's the reddit nerd equivalent of rolling coal.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

oddium posted:

so do people just like chew the pods or swallow them whole or what. is ketchup involved

Ugh ketchup don’t be gross

People just crunch them whole because they look like delicious gummy candy

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Try the spin cycle, that's a good trick.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

In Training posted:

Waiting in line to play the new house of the dead is not how I thought I was gonna end my trip to Tokyo

I hope it was a good trip

I'm going in the fall

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Update: I'm longer in line because I don't want to wait 5 hours to play a new hotd game

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

In Training posted:

Update: I'm longer in line because I don't want to wait 5 hours to play a new hotd game
hmm your loss

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Metal gear survive is filled with loot boxes apparently, not that anyone is surprised.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

In Training posted:

NEW house of the dead?!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

In Training posted:

This is why I don't think I would enjoy going to E3

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wamdoodle posted:

NEW house of the dead?!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wamdoodle posted:

NEW house of the dead?!

It's not even out yet technically, they're doing a location test at one arcade this weekend and I figured I'd check it out but I should have assumed there's be a sizable wait

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Grapplejack posted:

Metal gear survive is filled with loot boxes apparently, not that anyone is surprised.

We knew that game had microtransactions before we knew anything else about it.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

YES duel wielding ax guy is still there :getin:

In Training posted:

It's not even out yet technically, they're doing a location test at one arcade this weekend and I figured I'd check it out but I should have assumed there's be a sizable wait

Cool, if you manage to hold out to play can you give impressions? I want to live vicariously

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

survive looks like a game that should have come out 2 years ago, a survival game with lootboxes lmao. can't wait until they release the battle royale DLC that will come out well after the battle royale craze is dead

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I left, sorry. I can tell you the cab has fans in it and the seats bounce around with force feedback stuff

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i would assume the cab is full of fans, having waited five hours

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

homeless snail posted:

survive looks like a game that should have come out 2 years ago, a survival game with lootboxes lmao. can't wait until they release the battle royale DLC that will come out well after the battle royale craze is dead

Honestly, a battle royale game bolted onto MGSV could potentially be worth a spin. I never played the competitive multiplayer in V since that came out like a month after I beat and returned the game

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

al-azad posted:

Persona 5, Nier, Horizon, and The Witcher 3 off the top of my head all have "this item is only worth cash" to varying degree.

Etrian Odyssey is the main one I was thinking of. I wasn't sure on p5 but I know p4 did it too.

RealityWarCriminal fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jan 19, 2018

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Whenever I go to my friend's house her kids are always playing some new minecraft/roblox/zombie garbage indie game on the xbone. Is that all there is on that system?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Reality Loser posted:

Whenever I go to my friend's house her kids are always playing some new minecraft/roblox/zombie garbage indie game on the xbone. Is that all there is on that system?

Well it had Cuphead, Ori, Rare Replay and...um...Soda Drinking Simulator?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of crappy crafting zombie games, unsurprisingly Metal Gear Survive does not look very good if this quick look I'm watching is accurate.

The fact that Brad seems to like it further backs up this observation.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I don't understand how people think investing in cryptocurrency like Bitcoin is a good idea.

Like ffs its called Bitcoin, that doesn't even sound like real money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

yeah they should call it Zenny

• Locked thread