Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

NovaLion posted:

I might need this in my life. Link to the thread/shop?

02-6611-0142-1 posted:

By the way, these shirts are finally available:

http://wyrdapparel.com
Checkout code HIREDGOONS for 10% off.

I've tried to make shipping as competitive as possible but I'm sending from Australia which is essentially a fiery wasteland at the end of the earth, so the rates might be a bit high. I've calculated prices for Australia, USA, Canada and UK. Mainland Europe and South America I've just put averaged pricing on, but if you send a message I'll calculate better specific prices for your country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

ChocNitty posted:

I got more GPK

Are you still in the market for buying large lots of them or are you at the point where you're just searching for specific ones in mint condition?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

OniPanda posted:

Pls no Groverhaus mk2

This is more like a Grandmahaus mk0.5.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Aramek posted:

My first home.

:kimchi:

Congrats! Feels great, doesn't it?

For content, bought a Garmin Fenix 3 HR GPS watch/fitness tracker:

Wanted something to track my hikes and bike rides since I lost my Fitbit blaze a few months ago.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Android Apocalypse posted:

Took advantage of Apple replacing batteries for $30. Went into a store, pulled my iPhone 6 out of its case, and discovered the screen was starting to separate from the case because my battery began to swell. :aaa: So... Hooray new phone!

Did they actually replace the battery, or the whole phone? I ask because my iPhone 6 was doing the same thing about a year ago and they sold me a new iPhone 6 for the price of the replacement battery, which was $80 at the time.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

beanieson posted:

Did they actually replace the battery, or the whole phone? I ask because my iPhone 6 was doing the same thing about a year ago and they sold me a new iPhone 6 for the price of the replacement battery, which was $80 at the time.

They gave me a whole new phone.
Now this one's acting up where the screen doesn't recognize touch commands sometimes.
:negative:

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Android Apocalypse posted:

They gave me a whole new phone.
Now this one's acting up where the screen doesn't recognize touch commands sometimes.
:negative:

If it was a refurbished device with a new battery put in, I'd guess that one of the connectors for the screen might be slightly cattywampus, or the phone could have been water damaged to the point where the screen works but there's some corrosion on the connector. That kind of stuff can sometimes slip by when fixing them. Depending on whether they are laminating new glass to the digitizer, could even be an issue with that. I'd probably just take it back and tell them the touch is screwy.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Now I need some 1:18-sized junk for the back.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Aramek posted:

My first home.

:kimchi:

Congrats!

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

If you ever visit Chicagoland after your stay at Antarctica come on by dude.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
just booked 9 nights in california in june, 4 of them in yosemite valley. time to get fit

strap on revenge has a new favorite as of 12:54 on Jan 23, 2018

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
$20 Craigslist find, assuming they have it, should be fun to mess around with so I can start making my own fun patterned shirts and short shorts.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
Picked up a Tandberg TR2045 as a blind gamble without knowing its condition except that it accepts power and all the lights were out. I replaced all the bulbs (except the soldered tuning bulb), and fired it up.

It plays fine, but all the knobs and switches need a serious cleaning and lube job. Should make a nice project to play around with, and some profit when I get sick of it.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

SKIN IN THE GAME

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
:laffo: can we shop shame this one time, pretty please?

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
An Usagi Yojimbo print signed by Kim Jung Gi from my bf :woop:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
That

is

awesome

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

SKIN IN THE GAME
Should've bought $3,000 in NFLX otm calls instead.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Aramek posted:

If you ever visit Chicagoland after your stay at Antarctica come on by dude.

I'll actually be there later this year! My fiancee is sitting her boards in September and we'll be visiting some of her family up there as well. We'll have to grab a drink or something if you're free. I don't know where is cool in Chicago, but we'll probably be downtown somewhere, Sofitel or Swissotel.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

SKIN IN THE GAME

You touched the poop. Why did you touch it.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

ROLL IN THE POOP! PUT THE POOP ON YOUR BODY!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

MA-Horus posted:

You touched the poop. Why did you touch it.

All I need is for some greater fool to come along and want to touch it even more!!!

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Lol I didn't even want three grand in the first place

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Five grand? Why would I care a little two grand?

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Full size soda can on its head.

The kingliest of carp.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Solo album from Derek Smalls. :rock:

Other heavy stuff available here

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

100% read that as Derek Smells in the picture. Typography matters.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

2 Tickets to see Vulfpeck at Red Rocks in April. Hurry up April.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I have no idea who Vulfpeck is, but Kamasi Washington loving rules. I've seen him live twice and he puts on an unbelievable show.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I have no idea who Vulfpeck is, but Kamasi Washington loving rules. I've seen him live twice and he puts on an unbelievable show.

Go listen to Vulfpeck immediately.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Flaggy posted:

Where should I start?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Flaggy posted:

I just listened to a bunch of tracks and it's clear I am not in the target market for this music.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Where should I start?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCO_hcBz-0I is my favorite way to introduce people to them.

Dick Trauma posted:

I just listened to a bunch of tracks and it's clear I am not in the target market for this music.

No worries, to each their own.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Flaggy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCO_hcBz-0I is my favorite way to introduce people to them.
This sounds like background music for YouTube videos that brands make. It's not bad I guess, it's just not anywhere remotely as exciting to me as, say, Kamasi Washington's music.

Dick Trauma posted:

I think I'm with you :v:

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Flaggy posted:

No worries, to each their own.

Learning about Vulfpeck is going to lead to future purchases for me. The mood they hit is perfect.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?
I’ve heard they are a great live show, but most of their stuff just sounds sterile and uninteresting. That being said, my band is playing 1612 mashed up with You Can't Always Get What You Want... but that's one of about three or four songs of theirs that I can stand. The new album just doesn't work at all for me.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3rwKl267gE

gently caress I love this song so much.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If you guys like all this Vulf stuff, check out Vulf 2 linked below. One of the guys from Vulf takes 2 different jazz records and mashes them up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6zS069US_I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

I enjoyed "wait for the moment" but it's usually ambient music for me while working