Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I don't have any bard but Ramza. He IS worth enhancing, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I don't have any bard but Ramza. He IS worth enhancing, right?

Yes, especially if you have no one else

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

hamburgers in pockets posted:

So now that Ramza's enhancements are finally, finally out, how exactly are you supposed to build him? Max SPR for his HP and MP regen, and then just as much HP and DEF as I can stack on him for survivability?

i tossed joyful spirit and hat mastery on him with that dumb rear end 50 spirit hat, with some other whatever gear he's got 500 spirit and about 5.5k health and i forget the other stuff. its fine, he's tankier than soliel and that actually makes the mp regen reasonable.

edit: look at how game breaking ramza is!!! oh wait literally nobody cared when roy came out. well global is a different game, after all.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

PDQ Law posted:

I sent you a request. My DV is now set up to solo the Dark Espers if you need that.

Excellent, that'd help a lot. Thanks!

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Hey kids! Who wants to grind 100,000 king Mog event currency for a whole 5% TM moogle for one of three specific 5 star characters?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
So I pulled a Basch getting some bonus units. Seems good. May have to dump some pots into him.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Scrublord Prime posted:

Hey kids! Who wants to grind 100,000 king Mog event currency for a whole 5% TM moogle for one of three specific 5 star characters?

well with one 4* bonus unit a fight on legendary got me 1100 currency for 40 stamina. 4000 stamina for 5% to one character is fine, right

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Ah gently caress drew a 5*
Balthier. yay I got Han Solo

Got a bunch of 4*'s that I dont need and serve no real purpose in my quest to get 4 Larsa's. 30 tickets down the drain

Who the gently caress is Olif

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Jan 19, 2018

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Olif was a green mage from the dragoon event with the 3* dragoon with the ice spear and Duke. he's kind of a weird unit who ostensibly is supposed to help you kill dragons but i don't think any of his buffs amount to enough to actually help. he is, however, expedition fodder. i am always short on units with 7* green magic and who can equip harps for A rank mission. he counts for the former at least.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

He also has a surprisingly good tmr.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

8 tickets and my half price to get 1 Larsa, then got Drace from a 4* ticket. This is going to be a slow event grind....

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

10 Tickets + Half Price gave me exactly one on banner unit. It was Basch, keeping consistent with my pattern of not getting the 5*s I'd actually want.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

Scrublord Prime posted:

Woaaa I'm actually TMR grinding right now for Artisan AND Prishe' Hat! Man, I should check this event out because 5% for 100k event currency sounds like a real good deal to me!

Oh, gently caress, I accidentally clicked on Earth Temple and then on the macro key. I guess I won't get to enjoy this event :smith:

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Considering there is a slew of 4* guaranteed tickets I may make a small attempt at this banner.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

hagie posted:

Considering there is a slew of 4* guaranteed tickets I may make a small attempt at this banner.

I spend a guaranteed 4* ticket on this banner...hmm.

Also people who are on top of things keep track of any builds for carrying Legendary difficult with a team of scrubs. First impressions looks like Tidus might be a good choice due to his ability to dodge and unleash massive water damage.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
7 tickets got me 4 Larsas, so my farming team is set.

Reddit says this build of T.Terra can solo LGD, so I'll be giving that a try once my DV is no longer useful:
Esper: Ifrit
-Black Cowl (for Sleep immunity)
-Rainbow Robe
-Ring of the Lucii
-Ring of the Lucii

-Quick Assault
-Quick Assault

-Mechanical Heart (for extra SPR and self-healing)
-Adventurer V (40% MAG/SPR)

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
This was the 11 pull I had this morning:

Despite me being bad at pulling on banner units, a daily and 10 tickets actually got me a couple Draces and Larsas. My last ticket got me this:

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Pulled a Prishe today, not sure how to feel about this.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

PaybackJack posted:

I spend a guaranteed 4* ticket on this banner...hmm.

Also people who are on top of things keep track of any builds for carrying Legendary difficult with a team of scrubs. First impressions looks like Tidus might be a good choice due to his ability to dodge and unleash massive water damage.

Onion Knight is also worth a mention for Splendor of Water, which both deals water damage and supplies a Fire resistance buff to the party.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

suuma posted:

Congrats on your really nice hat.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

suuma posted:

It's a good hat.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Decided I'd throw 5 tickets at the banner for some bonus units. Got Balthier on the third and called it good enough.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Either I’m getting very lucky or LGD actually has higher chance for bonus units. I’ve run it 7 times now and 4 runs have yielded bonus units. I’ve already gotten all the tickets.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

its supposed to have drastically higher appearance rates for bonus units, although the math is going to end up being that running exactly 275% on intermediate while also taking demon rain has the best energy to drop ratio

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare

rabidsquid posted:

its supposed to have drastically higher appearance rates for bonus units, although the math is going to end up being that running exactly 275% on intermediate while also taking demon rain has the best energy to drop ratio

What does Demon Rain have to do with it? Or did I miss a joke?

So far my limited experience has been that ELT pays off way better because I can run it with four (or five, with a friend) bonus units. I haven't figured out how, or don't have the right units, to breeze through LGD like that.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

PDQ Law posted:

7 tickets got me 4 Larsas, so my farming team is set.

Reddit says this build of T.Terra can solo LGD, so I'll be giving that a try once my DV is no longer useful:
Esper: Ifrit
-Black Cowl (for Sleep immunity)
-Rainbow Robe
-Ring of the Lucii
-Ring of the Lucii

-Quick Assault
-Quick Assault

-Mechanical Heart (for extra SPR and self-healing)
-Adventurer V (40% MAG/SPR)

TTerra seems like the only viable carry unit to farm this event unless you have Basch for magic cover. The regular mobs before the boss can just nuke you with Aero or Choco Comet, but TTerra gets enough SPR buffs to weather through those.

Unfortunately I don't have TTerra, so I guess I'll just hope I can pull Basch on a daily before the event ends.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Yesterday's daily I got Prishe #2.

Today I dropped 12 regular tickets and two 4* tickets on the banner.

Ended up getting 4 rainbows. Most rainbows I've seen in a day.

Queen #1
Ace #3
Ramza #1 (YAY good timing)
Basch #1

Five rainbows in my last 15 pulls. I will take that and resign myself to having used up all my luck for the rest of the year.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

Office Thug posted:

You're not accounting for Wilhelm's enhancements. Wilhelm gets over twice the DEF and twice the SPR in passives, and 20% more HP.

Basch is more comparable to Barusa in terms of passives for physical tanking, but even there Barusa gets the same DEF, 10% more HP, and doesn't need to give up his shield for Moogle Plushie to provoke-tank. You just slap Golem on him with Provoke and he's good to go as a 3-turn rotation provoke tank.

Edit: Also, Basch doesn't have any source of General damage reduction, unlike Wilhelm and Barusa who get those on their own provoke abilities (And Wilhelm's is REALLY loving strong at 40%). You could weave Barusa's TMR ability Physical DR buff into Basch' 3-turn Provoke+Magic-Cover+??? tank rotation at least, but you can do that with Wilhelm and Barusa as well, and Physical DR stacks with General DR.

poo poo you're right, totally forgot about enhancements. Makes me feel better about not pulling basch, anyway.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Does TTrerra require that double luci setup? Would a Drace, 3 Larsas, and two TTerras running lgd give more than elt with 4 Larsas?

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

werdnam posted:

What does Demon Rain have to do with it? Or did I miss a joke?

So far my limited experience has been that ELT pays off way better because I can run it with four (or five, with a friend) bonus units. I haven't figured out how, or don't have the right units, to breeze through LGD like that.

I’m assuming it’s sarcasm but the only reason I asked is that I can basically count on never getting bonus units. 4 in rapid succession is virtually impossible compared to the usual. Small sample size, but it also wouldn’t be the first time there was an unannounced mechanical difference that everyone on Reddit already knew about.

Guess I just got lucky

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

suuma posted:

If you don't have any other S-tier chainers, she's not bad. I did a Prishe damage test vs. Aigaion and she hosed him up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px-NdfG9HKY

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jan 19, 2018

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Can confirm T.Terra solo strat works. I don't have a rainbow robe so I used a Minerva bustier instead. The only tricky part is the chocobo but it's fine if you keep yourself healed.

Ancillary Character
Jul 25, 2007
Going about life as if I were a third-tier ancillary character
After spending way too many tickets, 10k lapis and not getting a single Kaliva or rainbows of any kind on the last banner (I hope the MAG TDH meta doesn't become real) or Mystea on her banner, I got 4 rainbows off ~10 regular tickets, 1 4* ticket, and the Christmas 10+1 (actually didn't yield anything of note):

Balthier #1
Knight Delita #1
Barbarricia #2
Basch #1

Time to go back to hoarding tickets.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

dangerous.hotdog posted:

If you don't have any other S-tier chainers, she's not bad. I did a Prishe damage test vs. Aigaion and she hosed him up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px-NdfG9HKY

Good call. All I have for chaining right now is Loren and I'm not sure how Prishe compares.

I also have Cloud, not that he's a chainer.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Threw six tickets into the abyss and only got one Larsa out of it so I threw up a T.Terra with all the solo bits on (Matty's Malice, Stellar Shield, Black Cowl, Rainbow Robe, 2x Ring of the Lucii, Mechanical Heart, Adv.5, 2x Quick Assault), IGN Buttz.

e: After looking over the gear and requirements I changed it to:
Matty's Malice, Dragon Shield, Minstrel's Prayer, Siren's Robe, RotL x2, same materia
This gets the same sleep immunity and 100%+ fire resistance with higher magic without touching the 100% dodge. I also pruned some inactives, if you need a T.Terra I'll hook ya up: 479,088,281

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jan 19, 2018

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

I put up a TT that can solo LGD as well. Only got to 95% evade, but it doesn't seem to matter. Just make sure you have full hp when you face the chocobo.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Doing the math, it looks like LDG and ELT have almost the same currency/energy ratio. Unless LDG has a dramaticly higher bonus encounter rate, it seems like a waste.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Skyridge posted:

Doing the math, it looks like LDG and ELT have almost the same currency/energy ratio. Unless LDG has a dramaticly higher bonus encounter rate, it seems like a waste.

Reportedly, it has way higher bonus encounter rates. And from limited personal experience I'd have to agree.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

7 tickets resulted in the worst trash known to human kind. Guess I have to wait out dailies . . .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Office Thug posted:

Reportedly, it has way higher bonus encounter rates. And from limited personal experience I'd have to agree.

Also tiny sample: my 4 runs of LGN so far have had 3x 1000 bonus units twice. Was still planning on running it quite a bit more to see a larger sample of how often the bonus creatures will show up there.

Settled into a nice party composition for LGN anyway: 2 50% bonus units, 1 75% bonus unit, 2 Orlandeaus, and a friend 100% bonus unit (doesn't matter). One bonus unit holds World Destroyer & Great Raven Cape, another bonus unit is on Diabolos for Imperil, and the last bonus unit holds Apollo's Harp since helpfully Larsa can use musical instruments. This lets Orlandeau chains to one shot every wave except the first where there are two enemies. Only losing 1 spot that could be another 50% bonus unit if I ran ELT instead, so LGN should just work out much better.

• Locked thread