Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Mel Mudkiper posted:

like ask yourself right now

if someone jumped you in an alley and whipped out a goddamn acoustic guitar and said give me your money would you not feel like you could take that guy

I would not.
Partially because I feel like roughly 99.7% of the planet can take me in a fight.
Partially because Randy Savage learned the hard way that actual acoustic guitars are nothing to take to the dome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

ChrisBTY posted:

I would not.
Partially because I feel like roughly 99.7% of the planet can take me in a fight.
Partially because Randy Savage learned the hard way that actual acoustic guitars are nothing to take to the dome.
Jake Roberts too

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Of course Honky hosed up Savage and Jake with actual guitars you could probably play a song with, not those cheap things Jarrett carried around.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
He hosed up Brutus Beefcake too. I think Honky switched to gimmicked guitars after that.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
It's been a minute since I've watched some godawful deathmatch wrestling. I'm down to see how bad this is.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I can't believe I just watched a barbed wire match that didn't have a single drop of blood in it.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

This is the new TNAMecca, started by the dumbest poster on that site and featuring most of the same people. Same philosophy though - be positive about TNA or get banned.

https://youtu.be/3h_yUB8R6BE

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

This is the new TNAMecca, started by the dumbest poster on that site and featuring most of the same people. Same philosophy though - be positive about TNA or get banned.

https://youtu.be/3h_yUB8R6BE

I thought LividLiquid's show was Sofa Justice Warriors.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
I still wish the last episode of Impact backed by Panda energy was just a camera crew following Bob Carter around while he was carrying a baseball bat screaming THIS IS WHAT YOU SPENT MY 20 loving MILLION ON?!?! as he is taking out everything and everyone with a baseball bat.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm just tuning in to see Barbed Wire Massacre, and so far in this title match Alberto's been wrestling in a T-shirt and they did the "pull the ref out of the ring" spot like 3 straight times. It's not good.

E: And the entire locker room just ran in and the match got thrown out with no bell rung. TNA never changes.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

Benne posted:

I'm just tuning in to see Barbed Wire Massacre, and so far in this title match Alberto's been wrestling in a T-shirt and they did the "pull the ref out of the ring" spot like 3 straight times. It's not good.

E: And the entire locker room just ran in and the match got thrown out with no bell rung. TNA never changes.

Russo has to be back.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Sotar posted:

Russo has to be back.

Russo never left.

Everything that we've seen in the last 3 years with TNA was a work. The multiple rebrands, the lawsuits, Billy Corgan, Jeff Jarrett's face turn... it was all written by Vince Russo to fool the smarks AND BY GOD HE SWERVED EVERY ONE OF US.

grack fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Jan 19, 2018

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Benne posted:

I'm just tuning in to see Barbed Wire Massacre

Tune out while you still can. Because...

Benne posted:

TNA never changes.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
9:55 and the main event guys are just now making their entrances. Did we really need to see that year-old replay of a Grand Title match featuring Aron loving Rex, who left the company like 10 months ago?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Goddamnit I forgot this match wasn't airing on TV

I have nobody to blame but myself

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

grack posted:

Russo never left.

Everything that we've seen in the last 3 years with TNA was a work. The multiple rebrands, the lawsuits, Billy Corgan, Jeff Jarrett's face turn... it was all written by Vince Russo to fool the smarks AND BY GOD HE SWERVED EVERY ONE OF US.

Aww son of a bitch.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I hope the rest of this thread enjoyed watching me own myself when I should've known better all along

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
There are currently 988 people watching Impact on Twitch, and 1,596 people watching a giggly Swede explore old German shareware disks.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Aww son of a bitch.

EVEN HIS IMMEDIATE FAMILY BOUGHT IT

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Rest in peace Spike TV, the network of choice for extremely dumb television (generally produced by J.D. Roth) during most of its run, which was always my thing. Eventually the network started to get too serious and I had to bounce, but it was nice while it lasted. TNA was always a perfect partner for it.

I remember after Enterprise failed I was reading articles about how Paramount was dead (which honestly seemed dumb to me when I read it but at least for a while Hollywood seemed to be really cold on Paramount stuff). Now it has its own network. I think the lesson for TNA to take away with it is to let J.J. Abrams reboot them and retell their iconic storylines with completely different wrestlers.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

Piledrivers are really safe and easy to protect, even the cradle one.

Having said that, an ex-NFL player is going to be a lot more prone to getting things wrong than a career wrestler, and on a list of moves you really don't want to gently caress up, a piledriver is way up there.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

Piledrivers are really safe and easy to protect, even the cradle one.

That can't be true because WWE banned everybody but the Undertaker from doing one, after a guy got injured when he was hit by one of the Undertaker's piledrivers :colbert:

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

grack posted:

Russo never left.

I forget, did Billy Corgan ever hold the GLOBAL IMPACT FORCE NONSTOP ACTION CHAMPION AND FACE OF THE COMPANY title? Seems hard to believe that Russo is really there if he didn't.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

The Kins posted:

There are currently 988 people watching Impact on Twitch, and 1,596 people watching a giggly Swede explore old German shareware disks.

TNA needs more chat interaction.
Get Moose to stop wrestling every 27 seconds and thank people for subscribing.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The full match https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWBgF0qEGgc

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/Maffewgregg/status/954274732030988288

https://twitter.com/Maffewgregg/status/954275801049989121

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Alberto Del Patron, I challenge you to the first ever EVERYTHING IS JELLO IN A CELLO match

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sotar posted:

I still wish the last episode of Impact backed by Panda energy was just a camera crew following Bob Carter around while he was carrying a baseball bat screaming THIS IS WHAT YOU SPENT MY 20 loving MILLION ON?!?! as he is taking out everything and everyone with a baseball bat.

He wishes he lost that little money on it.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

I thought LividLiquid's show was Sofa Justice Warriors.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I was trying to think how TNA lost so much money when I couldn't figure out where that money had gone to and then I remembered tha TNA was a glorified retirement home for all the WWE guys to come in, phone in a match and complain that none of the young guys respected them.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gonzo McFee posted:

I was trying to think how TNA lost so much money when I couldn't figure out where that money had gone to and then I remembered tha TNA was a glorified retirement home for all the WWE guys to come in, phone in a match and complain that none of the young guys respected them.

They were losing huge money from the start, even before the big contracts. Running live PPVs with no buys and no real paying crowd every week is hugely expensive.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Gonzo McFee posted:

Glorified????

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

They were losing huge money from the start, even before the big contracts. Running live PPVs with no buys and no real paying crowd every week is hugely expensive.

I can't believe anyone thought that was a good idea, short term or long term

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

I mean the theory was that since millions of people just stopped watching wrestling after WCW closed they could just scoop them all up by putting on a show that was the spiritual successor to it.

Unfortunately the people who tried to claim that audience were the idiots who lost it in the first place and didn't think they had done anything wrong.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Chris James 2 posted:

You would pay 40 bux for 8 hours of first run plc instead the Fed's 30 bux for 3

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Rick posted:

Rest in peace Spike TV, the network of choice for extremely dumb television (generally produced by J.D. Roth) during most of its run, which was always my thing. Eventually the network started to get too serious and I had to bounce, but it was nice while it lasted. TNA was always a perfect partner for it.

I remember after Enterprise failed I was reading articles about how Paramount was dead (which honestly seemed dumb to me when I read it but at least for a while Hollywood seemed to be really cold on Paramount stuff). Now it has its own network. I think the lesson for TNA to take away with it is to let J.J. Abrams reboot them and retell their iconic storylines with completely different wrestlers.

....the J.D. Roth that hosted GamePro TV?

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

El Gallinero Gros posted:

....the J.D. Roth that hosted GamePro TV?

and Fun House???

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Warthur
May 2, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

But then again for about as long as I can remember them existing there's been stories about numerous production staff/non-WWE legend talent/etc. at TNA being miserably underpaid, or not reliably getting their paycheques at all. It's only expensive if you actually pay your bills.

Honestly, the "retirement fund" idea has a lot of merit to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

RealFoxy posted:

The only shows I hear about making waves on regular TV are superhero shows now, like Arrow. I don't know hardly anyone that just watched Cable TV anymore. the biggest "TV" show I've heard about since Breaking Bad has ended was a Breaking Bad spin-off. Everyone's just watching poo poo like Black Mirror on Netflix now.

Xfiles came back this month and mostly nobody even noticed