Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

DontMockMySmock posted:

You should be careful about getting free tacos on YouTube.
https://youtu.be/LMdtYZFTvhY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8zbXfIiVwg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I'm old and don't care about YouTube influencers or whatever but I do care about people being lovely assholes for no reason. :shrug: He may not have given personal info but he didn't block out her online info so people found her easily and harassed her, that's why she has a seventeen minute response.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
The hotel guy comes off way worse in this story, what a prick.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The kind of people that would follow a youtube influencer don't even strike me as the market for posh hotels.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

U-DO Burger posted:

She probably got a stern talking to about the need to be more subtle when you speak the truth about the blacks

Funny thing about that...
http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2018/01/harley_barber_instagram_videos_racist_alabama_new_jersey.html

Maybe gumm-gumm is the one filling her head with these ideas.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

BlackIronHeart posted:

The hotel guy comes off way worse in this story, what a prick.

We also have no clue how often "influential" "bloggers" have hit him up for freebies. And has anyone checked the Yelp rear end in a top hat Brigade?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Samizdata posted:

We also have no clue how often "influential" "bloggers" have hit him up for freebies. And has anyone checked the Yelp rear end in a top hat Brigade?

I don't care about either side enough to put my hip-boots on to wade through that cess pool

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Proteus Jones posted:

I don't care about either side enough to put my hip-boots on to wade through that cess pool

There's a reason I asked if anyone else had done it.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Saint Freak posted:

The kind of people that would follow a youtube influencer don't even strike me as the market for posh hotels.

Because it's not about influencing anyone, never is.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

MisterBibs posted:

Because it's not about influencing anyone, never is.

Besides, as I see it, most of the people influenced by those travel blogge...erm...influencers is because they are too poor to travel themselves, so they do it vicariously.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Baronjutter posted:

So a lovely "small business owner" in my town who owns a pub and coffee shop in a neighbourhood village in the most walkable part of the city has been fighting proposed bike lanes tooth and nail because he says the removal of a few street parking spots in front of his business will ruin him and he'll have to lay off staff because obviously business will die why won't anyone think of my poor staff I'm going to fire?? Both his businesses have parking lots in the back, the loss of a few street parking spots out front is nothing, but he made a huge case that without ample free parking the entire village will die as most of his patrons arrive by car. He had all sorts of "math" proving that the loss of a few parking spots would cost him thousands of dollars a day in lost revenue and force him to lay off staff or even go out of business.

He took it all the way to city hall, and had the head planner absolutely shut him down by politely reading quotes from a local business owner made a few years ago. That business owner wanted to expand but by code needed a few more parking spaces than the site had, but the owner made a very good case that the parking regulations are out of date and his data showed most customers in the area walk or cycle so it's silly and regressive to have parking minimums. He had all sorts data and math showing the parking spots aren't needed and the whole policy is regressive and we should be supporting more people arriving by means other than cars. The city agreed with the business owner that this neighbourhood village is primarily and best served not by car and granted him his expansion request.

As you probably guessed, the business owner in both cases is the same fellow.

the funny thing is he was right the first time. minimum parking requirements are complete garbage with no empirical basis

G20 Sumbitch
Sep 29, 2007

Happy Hockey Is The Best!!!
Googling the white moose cafe leads me to believe the owner is not the most balanced of individuals

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/food/article-3293633/Cafe-owner-BARS-vegans-fury-Facebook-post.html

""If you don't eat meat, please let us know 24 hours in advance"

"Vegans will be shot on sight"

"So sorry, I did not mean that, I will poison you instead"

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Dadinanutshell.txt

While I haven’t done this specific thing, I have mined more Minecraft blocks then I care to mention, and built far too many structures.

I don’t like Minecraft very much.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Cucked by his own son.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

boner confessor posted:

the funny thing is he was right the first time. minimum parking requirements are complete garbage with no empirical basis

Sucks for disabled people I guess?

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Phanatic posted:

Why the gently caress does he even still get a security detail.

Think about how many people would love to run up and punch Christ Christie. I bet even his family would do it if they could get away with it.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Trig Discipline posted:

Think about how many people would love to run up and punch Christ Christie. I bet even his family would do it if they could get away with it.

Surely this is a potential solution to the state's budget woes.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Just realized I wrote "Christ Christie". :thunk:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Don't threaten to doxx people kids, especially when you're doing it for money, and the info you have is completely fake.

A Millen Buckaroo posted:

Because of me seeing a random post in this thread, the people using my friend's pics to scam DSP and others have apparently been exposed. What a world.

https://kiwifarms.net/threads/patrick-bronsgeest-brenda-bronsgeest-cyberops31-galaxy-productions-brendab1971-patrick31vw.38531/

Not a single part of me condones this lovely practise in any form, but something stirs when it backfires in such a way.

But, uh, don't click that at work.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

poptart_fairy posted:

Don't threaten to doxx people kids, especially when you're doing it for money, and the info you have is completely fake.

Not a single part of me condones this lovely practise in any form, but something stirs when it backfires in such a way.

But, uh, don't click that at work.

Don't clitshame.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Isn't kiwifarms that MRA/Nazi shithole doxx site that usually does concern trolling?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

gschmidl posted:

Isn't kiwifarms that MRA/Nazi shithole doxx site that usually does concern trolling?

yes, it's that site that was originally created around stalking chris-chan

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Admiral Joeslop posted:

rear end in a top hat hotel guy posted the email on his Instagram or Facebook or whatever, with a lovely job of blocking out her info. She, of course, got the requisite harassment and browbeating that comes with any attention on the internet. Hotel guy is a real piece of work and all he had to do was say no in a private email, or even just ignore it!

She's asking to pay for things with exposure bucks which is a lovely thing to do. She was asking for a Ł600+ free hotel stay around Valentines day which is a loving ridiculous request.

The Campagne Restaurant in Ireland did a similar thing last year, posting a letter they got from a blogger requesting a free meal. Places like that are getting at least 1 a month now asking for a free meal/hotel stay/products from business all paid for with exposure bucks, with the implied or explicit occasionally threat of poor reviews should they not comply.

Yeah he could and probably should have just ignored it, or at least made a better job of blacking out the names. She herself lists it as her business, this is not some poor innocent asking a big business for something. This is one small independent business asking another small independent business for some freebies. There are no good guys in this story, it's someone try to pay with exposure and someone else making some free publicity out of it.

She'll come out of it with more followers than before, and their takings will be up. Everyone's a winner.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

hanales posted:

Dadinanutshell.txt

While I haven’t done this specific thing, I have mined more Minecraft blocks then I care to mention, and built far too many structures.

I don’t like Minecraft very much.

I'm but an Uncle and I feel this pain.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Admiral Joeslop posted:

rear end in a top hat hotel guy posted the email on his Instagram or Facebook or whatever, with a lovely job of blocking out her info. She, of course, got the requisite harassment and browbeating that comes with any attention on the internet. Hotel guy is a real piece of work and all he had to do was say no in a private email, or even just ignore it!

The White Moose is awful and got a lot of media and popularity for le epic lulz and owns writing rants about vegans and gluten-free customers that got shared a lot.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

The White Moose is awful and got a lot of media and popularity for le epic lulz and owns writing rants about vegans and gluten-free customers that got shared a lot.

I feel like I've heard of this guy before, in reference to him hating vegans. People were a mistake.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I feel like I've heard of this guy before, in reference to him hating vegans. People were a mistake.

There was at least one facebook post about him owning a customer too. Extremely cool imo. A bunch of people I know kept sharing it but never bothered to actually eat there.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

There was at least one facebook post about him owning a customer too. Extremely cool imo. A bunch of people I know kept sharing it but never bothered to actually eat there.

Yup, that's the guy. Same people that donate hundreds of thousands to businesses like that pizza place that said they wouldn't cater gay weddings when the Supreme Court decision was happening, I'm sure.

fliptophead
Oct 2, 2006

Panfilo posted:

Sucks for disabled people I guess?

Not really in here in Oz - you can park pretty much wherever with a disabled permit.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

EmmyOk posted:

To be fair, gluten-free substitutes are godawful, and I feel really bad for people with celiac disease and don’t know why anyone would order gluten-free if they didn’t need to.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/0O0clCz.gifv

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
:randstare:
I'd love to know the context and location this happened at

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Is this the guy whining about an hour's work of coin gathering?

E: yeah, he started with what he thought was good but could have just used google to look up an easy way.

Dizz has a new favorite as of 14:13 on Jan 19, 2018

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/RD5YzYA.gifv

ScotchDK
Aug 14, 2008

mmmh, smooth...

Malachite_Dragon posted:

:randstare:
I'd love to know the context and location this happened at

It's from a Rage quit competition

https://compete.kotaku.com/dota-2-tournament-holds-rage-quit-competition-for-fans-1795580314

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Is he angry that there's no power cord for this all-in-one computer? Seriously, what is providing that thing power so he can lose and rage?

Edit: shows me to post without coffee. It's a competition to showcase your 'best' rage quits. The schaden, it is me.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

One fan, during the interview portion, simply said “I play Legion jungle,”

Jesus this is some hosed up poo poo

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Yup, that's the guy. Same people that donate hundreds of thousands to businesses like that pizza place that said they wouldn't cater gay weddings when the Supreme Court decision was happening, I'm sure.

The ultimate schad is while they get a quick infusion of right wing cash, once they fall out of the news cycle the left wing boycott effectively causes them to either change their ways or they go out of business.

Should have asked a Bills fan for help with that table.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
It's a prank, it's a prank! - Federal felony edition:

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/tv-film-crew-busted-fake-bomb-newark-airport-article-1.3765467

quote:

A film crew linked to CNBC was arrested Thursday for trying to smuggle a fake bomb through a security checkpoint Newark International Airport, authorities said.

The seven-member team was grabbed by Port Authority cops at the New Jersey airport’s Terminal C at about 3 p.m. after the realistic-looking bomb was found in their carryon luggage. The suspects, who are part of a reality TV show called “Staten Island Hustle,” admitted that they wanted to record the Transportation Security Administration’s reactions when they found the “bomb,” sources with knowledge of the case said.

They also wanted to film the mass panic that they had hoped would ensue, sources said.

Port Authority police charged the seven crew members with conspiracy to create a public alarm and other charges, authorities said. They are also facing up to $13,000 in fines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

I hope they also filmed their lawyer's reaction after telling the cops this

quote:

They also wanted to film the mass panic that they had hoped would ensue, sources said.