Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Hav posted:

I actually really liked 'Ice Pirates' (Some boobs), 'Space Hunter' (You nearly see a boob!) and 'Battle Beyond the Stars' (The spaceship had boobs!).

I secretly hoped they were going to make an Ice Pirates sequel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Beet Wagon posted:

Nah. The F8 Lightning is already the biggest baddest, most lusted-for space fighter in Star Citizen canon. They'll sell it first, then nerf it continue embracing powercreep to chase nerdbux and start talking about something even better, something so good the UEE Navy hasn't and won't authorize it for resale to Civilians - thus starting the cycle anew.

I feel like the UEE Navy is the equivalent of the Warsaw Pact countries immediately after the fall of the Soviet Union. You want this new SU-35? Sure, go on, I'm sure you're only going to use it for cropdusting! Hello Afghani terrorists, would you like some man portable anti-air missile launchers? Everything must go!

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

alf_pogs posted:

i love the Sandi Gardiner twitter account of "things that happened today". it seriously reads like a bunch of bullet points of totally un-notable events delivered without any emotional embellishment or investment whatsoever. it's like a concrete carpark of writing

Excellent simile there, I want to do handbrake turns on it

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Hav posted:

Yes. And No.

I actually really liked 'Ice Pirates' (Some boobs), 'Space Hunter' (You nearly see a boob!) and 'Battle Beyond the Stars' (The spaceship had boobs!).

You can't bring up- Battle Beyond The Stars boobship without bringing up Space Above And Beyond, which uses all the same models and stock shots

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lladre posted:

I secretly hoped they were going to make an Ice Pirates sequel.

Giant space herpes!!

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

no_recall posted:

I firmly believe that there are more lines spoken in all the shows combined than lines of code written for Star Citizen.

I feel like someone contesting this would be like that king playing for doubling grains of rice on a chessboard

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

No doubt? At all? 100% certain that he will be disbarred?

You see, this is why they teach BOTH reading AND reading comprehension in school.

Read it again. Slowly. Then email your high school teacher, because clearly you have issues.

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/954138804297879554

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

boviscopophobic posted:

I wonder if the leaderboards are bugged somehow, because the latest usage numbers are disastrous.

Star Marine average concurrent users: 9.8
Arena Commander average concurrent users: 7.8
Murray Cup average concurrent users: 2.5

Total for all EA modes: 20.0

That is lower than the end of 2.6.3 while 3.0 was in PTU, and represents a roughly 50% drop from the numbers at the start of 3.0 live.

This report covers the 6 days from Jan 13 to Jan 19.

loving game is dead, dude.

----------------

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

ManofManyAliases posted:

No doubt? At all? 100% certain that he will be disbarred?

Blessed is the mind too small for doubt, cursed is the ego that cannot call itself a caller.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

Ah-ha, an anime ban loophole, gentlemen!

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

https://i.imgur.com/OHAvtqj.gifv

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Shine a blacklight on that doll.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

Easy to call something when it's already plastered all over pacer.

I'm up way too drat early for a Friday. = (

You bold faced liar.

I stated it before they even filed a response. You disputed it. Then they filed their response and the name was there and correct.

I called it on Jan 4th

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/948962887841861632

They filed on Jan 5th

https://www.pacermonitor.com/public/case/23222744/Crytek_GmbH_v_Cloud_Imperium_Games_Corp_et_al

----------------

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

D_Smart posted:

You see, this is why they teach BOTH reading AND reading comprehension in school.

It's a bit early for doubling down.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

D_Smart posted:

You bold faced liar.

I stated it before they even filed a response. You disputed it. Then they filed their response and the name was there and correct.

I called it on Jan 4th

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/948962887841861632

They filed on Jan 5th

https://www.pacermonitor.com/public/case/23222744/Crytek_GmbH_v_Cloud_Imperium_Games_Corp_et_al

Except

DuckDynasty posted:

Anyone want to start bets on which of these attorneys respond on behalf of CIG/RSI?

http://fkks.com/attorneys

Take your picks...

you didn't

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/220147592?t=53m21s

:gary:

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

big nipples big life posted:

Except

you didn't

You post this.

I post this.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Hav posted:

Also Disney took a bit of a flyer on the Black Hole with regard to the professor being trapped inside Maximillian's body and the intrepid crew doing a 2001 into the titular black hole. Contemporaneous me remembered thinking 'So, did they win?'. I think it's one of the reasons that they shuffle their feet when people talk about it.

It was literally one of the many attempts to capture the Star Wars lightning in a bottle that fell flat.

What does, 'took a bit of a flyer' mean? Genuine question, not a setup to a joke.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

took a risk

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
is it too early to start rubbing? i don't want to be chafed raw by the time Skadden file their response :ohdear:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Enchanted Hat posted:

I know I should be taking action but I'm paralyzed with fear

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Sickening posted:

You post this.

I post this.

That's hilarious. Why don't you ask DuckDynasty where he got the info from. Hint: my Discord channel where I posted it days before I made it public on Twitter.

Nice try.

----------------

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

"I took a risk! We all did!" Chris Roberts moans as he shovels the last of the backer funds into his turtleneck, "It's...it's...never been done before," he repeats as the telephone blares again in the office. Chris falls into sobs as he realises he can't even refactor his career with this money...not even enough to buy a car to rent out.

"Don't anyone loving answer that phone, not one person!" Sandi screams, "we already loving know who's calling it."

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I called it secretly before I called it publicly.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

JACKED TO THE TITS about legal documents today

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

I called you a loving idiot Derek and now I'm courting a harlot called Elite Dangerous

Be careful what buttons you push commandos, your call might just get connected...the only recourse is to charge back

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

:five: Well played!

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

I appreciate how angry Derek gets when you ask him what he called. It shows a real passion for whatever it is that's happening here.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

JACKED TO THE TITS about legal documents today

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

"I wish to court your daughter," I say to Chris Roberts as I hand over a letter of intent, "I believe our litigations can be very happy together," I say as I take a jpeg by the hand and start driving to Vegas so we can get married and blow some serious blow

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Beet Wagon posted:

Nah. The F8 Lightning is already the biggest baddest, most lusted-for space fighter in Star Citizen canon. They'll sell it first, then nerf it continue embracing powercreep to chase nerdbux and start talking about something even better, something so good the UEE Navy hasn't and won't authorize it for resale to Civilians - thus starting the cycle anew.

so starts the hornet melts oh no this will be wrath bonds only chumps.

say when is Skaddeneddon?

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Dusty Lens posted:

I appreciate how angry Derek gets when you ask him what he called. It shows a real passion for whatever it is that's happening here.

The hot air that's going around came from the beans I cooked for your dinner, not that taco you had for lunch, so watch your arse! Make sure it gives credit when it toots it's own horn!

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

D_Smart posted:

loving game is dead, dude.

loving game is dead, Jim

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Thoatse posted:

I used to drive by a place that had The Ark parked in its lot when I was a kid. Was pretty disappoint once I finally saw the movie it was made for but the vehicle was rad as heck

e: this thing, which is apparently called Landmaster, not The Ark

It's worth noting that the story - later expanded to a novel - that this film was loosely based on is so much better than the movie - because it's the story of The Last Hell's Angel driving across the post-apocalyptic hellscape.

Seriously, Zelazny read Hunter S. Thompson's Hell's Angels and said "now I want to write about these guys, except science fiction because that's what I do," and there you had it.

Codezombie
Sep 2, 2016

intardnation posted:

so starts the hornet melts oh no this will be wrath bonds only chumps.

say when is Skaddeneddon?

Not happening apparently, Skaddon saw CIG's MtD and ran to the hills crying...

calling it now.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Imagine taking a high school reading comprehension test and instead of asking you what the gently caress was happening in The Catcher in the Rye it's a bunch of Derek tweets and blogs.

That's a real what now hotshot moment.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I bet they could make big money with a series of boobships. Thread intern: I have many quality ideas, hire me for the rest.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

How loving bad is it - that there is power creep in a game that doesnt exist?

jpeg power creep for gently caress sake.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Enchanted Hat posted:

Miku is not an anime, she's real. And so is Gackpoid!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I'm kinda glad I'm blocked from seeing that guys twitters.