Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
My dad caught a bird this morning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

I've got five today. I dunno man, getting status is nice but I'm burning out fast being the only guy who doesn't poo poo all over himself trying to organize a team.

I mean, I'm teaching others but god drat it's... deflating.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

i wish the asheville dsa was worth a poo poo :smith:

Yeah, Boston is nuts because it's just a nexus of colleges so there's hundreds upon hundreds of members, and they're all ridiculously motivated and I live 45 minutes away, so my motivational tactic is to uh... cut a check and bring baked goods.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

she probably just had her iphone out the whole time and no one thought anything of it

https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/954354871670632448

Priebus: Are you recording this?

Omarosa: no

Priebus: oh okay cool

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

CannonFodder posted:

lol your dad seems rad

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

CannonFodder posted:

That is a top tier dad smile

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
multiple people have outed themselves as crackers in the last few days and I'm keeping meticulous notes

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

CannonFodder posted:

Nice.

Today will be some reading up news and finishing up the ticket I've been working on for the past day.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
My plan for today is to do as little as possible because I have to install cumulative updates on our exchange server and update some power bi packages on 3 other servers tonight during maintenance.

This varies from my regular plan of doing as little as possible just because.

Also CF, I wanna shake your dad's hand. Looks like a good daddeh.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

CannonFodder posted:

He looks like he has some quality Papi LeBatard style sports opinions.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Kalli posted:

He looks like he has some quality Papi LeBatard style sports opinions.

see if that dead bird wants to try to shake your dads hand, CF

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

FizFashizzle posted:

i follow this story religiously and I'm constantly amazed by all the new poo poo that comes out

Allowing him to avoid any scrutiny of his business 'empire' is probably the biggest sin of the media/GOP during the election. I still don't think the R's have the spine to take him down since they have a willing accomplice for their worst instincts. Also, the allegations about the NRA seems to paint a picture of most of the right being in bed with Russis.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Spoeank posted:

multiple people have outed themselves as crackers in the last few days and I'm keeping meticulous notes

I prefer to identify as a honkey, tyvm

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
I've got a second date with doctor lady tonight, followed by research/interview prep all weekend, and football with the boys Sunday.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug
http://www.businessinsider.com/sequoia-partner-michael-moritz-paternity-leave-unhinged-2018-1

lolol. yes, we should definitely work even more here in the states to make the rich richer. When China moves beyond just copying everyone else's ideas and starts producing tech ip of their own, it could be a different story. But man, it's amazing to see out of touch people open their mouths.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The Big Jesus posted:

I've got a second date with doctor lady tonight, followed by research/interview prep all weekend, and football with the boys Sunday.

doctors are freaks in bed

goon luck

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Management meeting: This guy talking has said: "Our primary focus is getting paid" like 5 times already.

We're so far away from sales that everyone is just baffled.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Android Apocalypse posted:

You could always dye one kid's hair. Or both if you go different colors. You can even let the tykes choose.
Better yet, let them choose their sibling's hair color.

They have red hair that my wife is very proud of, so this is unlikely. One has a pronounced cow lick so maybe that? I dunno, maybe it's back to specific colors for kids.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I got 8 hours of incredible sleep last night (thanks my old reliable friend phenibut) and now I'm at work FULL of energy. I've already done all my work for the quarter-end close and I'm bored as hell, the internet is not that entertaining besides the 50/Ja Rule stuff and NBA gossip, so I'm walking around the office looking into people's offices and cubes being nosy

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

this is a breakdown of the simpson testimony to the house intelligence committee

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/954150836191547392.html

it's uh....damning.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
In case some rightwing nut bar and/or twitter bot starts talking to you about THE MEMO, here is an explanation

https://twitter.com/Susan_Hennessey/status/954362283194449920

https://twitter.com/matthewamiller/status/954364617563803648

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Ahahahaha NPR dropped some uncharacteristic snark just now

"Paul Ryan, there, touting that he had accomplished what is the barest minimum of governance"

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

FizFashizzle posted:

i wish the asheville dsa was worth a poo poo :smith:

same, but kansas city dsa

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/HonoredSpirit/status/954364388529659904

Also, going to my first DSA meeting next week, hope it doesn't suck :ohdear:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

FizFashizzle posted:

doctors are freaks in bed

goon luck

Is this because they see genitals all day and they need to get freaky to get turned on?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
They know semen is perfectly natural.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
they know the exotic holes

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

seiferguy posted:

Is this because they see genitals all day and they need to get freaky to get turned on?

Their stress levels are so high they go nuts when they blow off steam.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

CannonFodder posted:

Lol

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
my wife is an endocrinologist and when I met her I thought life would be great and she'd be my steroid hookup but it turns out all she does is ask me to eat more oatmeal and check my blood pressure

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
Blood pressure checkers are p cheap on amazon and probably good to have tbf

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
I just read through a lot of the reporting Deadspin did on the Nasser abuse stuff and it is so, so sickening.

And then he has the gall to say it's "emotionally traumatic" to sit in court and hear how he ruined all these people's lives.

If he wants out of listening, the judge should give him a gun and a single bullet.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
In all seriousness having a near expert understanding of human anatomy can totally up your game.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

axeil posted:

I just read through a lot of the reporting Deadspin did on the Nasser abuse stuff and it is so, so sickening.

And then he has the gall to say it's "emotionally traumatic" to sit in court and hear how he ruined all these people's lives.

If he wants out of listening, the judge should give him a gun and a single bullet.

Oh god I started reading that, 80 women have come forward with accusations.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Nailed my phone interview in person interview next week fuuuuuuck yes!!

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
The high of the validation rush from nailing an interview or getting a new job is so insanely powerful

What stage of capitalism is this

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

SHOAH NUFF posted:

my wife is an endocrinologist and when I met her I thought life would be great and she'd be my steroid hookup but it turns out all she does is ask me to eat more oatmeal and check my blood pressure

Don't kink shame

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Hot Diggity! posted:

Nailed my phone interview in person interview next week fuuuuuuck yes!!

Had a phond interview a couple days ago for a technical sales role which is out of my wheelhouse, but they liked me enough to book me for a second phone call with someone who would be training me if I got into the role. Sup good phone interview buddy :respek:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Oh god I started reading that, 80 women have come forward with accusations.

It's really, really sad when you read the articles from last year and they are talking about a dozen women, then 50+, then 100+ and you know that right now there's over 200.

Basically every female Olympic gymnast since 1996 was molested, and probably all of the Olympic hopefuls and MSU gymnasts too.

The NCAA/Michigan AG need to drop the hammer on MSU. poo poo there need to be sanctions and possibly charges against US Gymnastics too. It's loving appalling.

The article about how he got his victims to trust him is truly disgusting:

https://deadspin.com/in-one-interview-larry-nassar-laid-out-exactly-how-he-1794176276

https://deadspin.com/aly-raisman-is-ready-to-burn-it-all-down-1822234455

quote:

She [Aly Raisman] told Nassar that she “will not rest until every last trace of your influence on this sport has been destroyed like the cancer it is,” and, in addressing new USA Gymastics CEO Kerry Perry, said she had “taken on an organization that I feel is rotting from the inside.”

“This may not be what you thought you were getting into,” she said, “but you will be judged by how you deal with it.”

Raisman is clearly fed up with the USAG’s toothless statements and responses to the growing crisis within its sport, saying that “continuing to issue statements of empty promises thinking that will pacify us will no longer work.”

axeil fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jan 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Aly Raisman has proven to be an unbelievable badass throughout this whole mess. She lit Nassar up today.