Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

site posted:

iirc in winter soldier Nick says "last time I trusted someone I lost an eye" which sounds more like someone double crossed him rather than the other way around

dem Skrull Boyzz!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Tom Hardy... Haggard? You take that back!

Yer a Venom, Eddie

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I look forward to Eddie leaving Peter for dead after a bear attack.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Al Borland Corp. posted:

He looks exactly like Patrick Stewart despite being decades younger.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I want them to have Peter keep doing things to ruin Eddie's life, but it's all totally inadvertent and he doesn't even know Eddie exists, just has this crazy super villain show up and try to kill him in the climax

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Retro Futurist posted:

I want them to have Peter keep doing things to ruin Eddie's life, but it's all totally inadvertent and he doesn't even know Eddie exists, just has this crazy super villain show up and try to kill him in the climax

Turning Venom into the Chalker Bros from X-Factor would hilarious but the character is a license to print money so it won't happen

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Having Brock confront Peter and the symbiote sort of oozing off his head to show his face could give us a "Did anyone ever tell you that you look exactly like Captain Picard?

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Don't get me wrong, Tom Hardy is very handsome. He's just too old and scruffy to play Eddie Brock as portrayed in the comics.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

JordanKai posted:

Don't get me wrong, Tom Hardy is very handsome. He's just too old and scruffy to play Eddie Brock as portrayed in the comics.

He's actually pretty much exactly the right age to play Eddie Brock as portrayed in the comics, unless maybe you're thinking of Ultimate Eddie Brock. Eddie was already a couple years older than Peter, and despite what Joe Quesada insists, Peter has gotta be in his early 30s by now.

Now he's definitely too old to play an Eddie Brock who went to school with Peter like in Spectacular Spider-man or something.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

He's actually pretty much exactly the right age to play Eddie Brock as portrayed in the comics, unless maybe you're thinking of Ultimate Eddie Brock. Eddie was already a couple years older than Peter, and despite what Joe Quesada insists, Peter has gotta be in his early 30s by now.

Now he's definitely too old to play an Eddie Brock who went to school with Peter like in Spectacular Spider-man or something.

I meant the way Eddie Brock was portrayed in his early days, when he first became Venom. If they're going to have him interact with Spider-Man, it's going to be weird for there to be a 20-year age difference between the two. They're going to have to work out a different character dynamic, probably.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Gym coach and slacker.

Alternatively: dating his aunt.

Done. Send me my check, Disney.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

BrianWilly posted:

Gym coach and slacker.

I'm way down for both of those.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

JordanKai posted:

I'm way down for both of those.

So Mr.Woodcock. But with superpowers.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

JordanKai posted:

I meant the way Eddie Brock was portrayed in his early days, when he first became Venom.

So early 30s?

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Retro Futurist posted:

I want them to have Peter keep doing things to ruin Eddie's life, but it's all totally inadvertent and he doesn't even know Eddie exists, just has this crazy super villain show up and try to kill him in the climax hit him in the face with a pie.

Fixed that for you.

BrianWilly posted:

Gym coach and slacker.

Eddie dating May is way too weird for me. Let her stick with Doc Ock and Mole Man, please. She has a type.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

This is hot Aunt May, not grandma May like you're used to

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

She can’t date Venom while she’s too busy being the herald of Galactus. It’s how they’ll introduce the big G in the MCU.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Hey work life balance can be a good motivator of drama in relationship stories. I say let May date Eddie and still have her herald of Galactus job.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

"Am I punching Venom because he's a psychopath with a twisted sense of morality that leads him to eat criminals or do I just resent him for taking Uncle Ben's place even though Aunt May deserves to move on and find happiness?"

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Let's not forget Aunt May knows Peter is Spider-Man.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

hiddenriverninja posted:

Let's not forget Aunt May knows Peter is Spider-Man.

I hope they don't roll back on that and have him convince her it was something else.

WHAT THE F-

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I don't think they will, on the whole the marvel has been pretty good about avoiding secret identity melodrama.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

David D. Davidson posted:

I don't think they will, on the whole the marvel has been pretty good about avoiding secret identity melodrama.

Which is a shame.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

David D. Davidson posted:

The ending of Iron Man blew my drat mind. After years of Spider Man and Batman movies playing up the secret identity plot lines , having tony just come out an say “I am Iron Man” was fantastic.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Was Sam Jackson fury the first version of ultimate fury? I remember an ultimate x men issue had fury in it and he looked totally different from. Every other fury I'd seen in ultimate books.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I'm quite okay with the MCU skipping out on secret identity drama bs

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

Kingtheninja posted:

Was Sam Jackson fury the first version of ultimate fury? I remember an ultimate x men issue had fury in it and he looked totally different from. Every other fury I'd seen in ultimate books.

No there was a different version in I think Ultimate Marvel Team Up for 1 issue but they didn't use it again after that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Spider-Man is secret identity drama.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

site posted:

I'm quite okay with the MCU skipping out on secret identity drama bs

Secret identity plots are like seeing Batman’s parents get shot. It worked the first couple times but I’ve had about enough of it by now.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Aphrodite posted:

Spider-Man is secret identity drama.

Spidey is an exception I'll grant cuz he's built around it but none of the other characters need it

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Kingtheninja posted:

I think he had hair and wore a white suit or something but he was still black.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ultimate Nick Fury is in the second arc of Ultimate X-Men, designed by Tom Raney. More hair, stark white suit.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
He was also very intense about proper use of language

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
A lot of people (here and elsewhere) seemed to think that Ultimate Fury was based on Sam Jackson from the start which is incorrect. It was Bryan Hitch who decided to use celebs in the first volume of the Ultimates.

Here are some pages from his first appearance.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Is that Dillon?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

Is that Dillon?

Tom Raney. I added the first page with credits.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I feel like the modern Marvel universe (which the MCU has kinda helped craft at this point) exists on superheroes without secret identities. Hardly any of them wear masks. The ones that do like Iron Man and Cap are constantly removing them and referring to each other by their name. Spidey being the exception is a part of the character that I wish they kept up. Ned? Fine. MJ? Fine. The Vulture? Pushing it. Aunt May feels like a lot.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Ms. Marvel has a secret identity.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Squirrel Girl does too.
Somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I think Peter having an aunt that knows sets up a fun dynamic that is distinct from the rest of the MCU and other versions of Spiderman, and will probably mean they don't have to lean as hard on Tony Stark for the 'don't forget your childhood' angle. Also when they introduce Ms Marvel (I hope!) it'll be less of a retread.

• Locked thread