Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

With red maps is it best to use alterations and then regal? Or just alchemy and chaos? I'm not looking for map completion just for good mod rolls to run maps on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Mr. Despair posted:

The point where a belly becomes better than a kaom's is when you need those resists or (much more common) the sockets/links for your build to function.

Or you can afford a belly and can't afford a kaom's.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Zotix posted:

With red maps is it best to use alterations and then regal? Or just alchemy and chaos? I'm not looking for map completion just for good mod rolls to run maps on.

Alch and scour

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Mr. Despair posted:

The point where a belly becomes better than a kaom's is when you need those resists or (much more common) the sockets/links for your build to function.

or you need more gore

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

or you need more gore

I heard Extra Gore can actually stack with itself? I wonder what a maximum gore build would look like. I guess there's both items with it and MTX that you can apply too.

Edit: Nevermind, that was false info that Chris corrected:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/465990/filter-account-type/staff/

Why not do it though? Just make the spray farther/larger, I don't think that would to much to performance.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jan 18, 2018

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Zotix posted:

1) get 10 maps and 10 alchemy orbs in a tab
2) apply directly to the forehead
3) search (in the box!) for mods you 100% cannot run ("reflect elemental" "cannot leech", etc)
4) run the maps from that tab until you're out
5) repeat

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

RosaParksOfDip posted:

I tried poeplanner but it refuses to import for me.

https://github.com/Openarl/PathOfBuilding

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Vasudus posted:

1) get 10 maps and 10 alchemy orbs in a tab
3) search (in the box!) for mods you 100% cannot run ("reflect elemental" "cannot leech", etc)
4) run the maps from that tab until you're out
5) repeat

How about using Zana mods, when do you decide you want to burn chaos using them?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Zotix posted:

How about using Zana mods, when do you decide you want to burn chaos using them?

12-13+

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

If this league had perandus I'd run it all the time

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Vasudus posted:

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Jusupov posted:

If this league had perandus I'd run it all the time

I'm really hoping the next league brings back perandus and nemesis as Zana mods.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I spammed the randomizer option as soon as it became available in reds, but the 2 chaos for 20% quantity/25% more magic monsters option is great.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

bloodlines is 3c

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
new graphic effects look p kewl, if you spec IR on the tree you get the Arborix effect forever

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006
I've been using a divination distillate that I found on my oni flicker slayer, since I noticed the flask effect persists at full life as long as you have a DoT on you. Apparently that changed with the new patch, but I'm not sure if it was bugged before or if it's bugged now. It was pretty great having 80/79/79 resists at all times, and the IIQ seemed noticeable too.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Patch is live

New microtransations. That Steam-Powered Skull looks.....bad.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Why would you even make a steam-powered skull that doesn't poot out little jets of steam every now and then.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Eminai posted:

I'm really hoping the next league brings back perandus and nemesis as Zana mods.

Delete Headhunter, Biscos, and Ventors.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i would rather headhunter were toned down (something like maxing out the number of rare mods on you at once, for a start) and the insane rarity were removed, so it could be a fun thing to try out for a while like bisco's leash rather than the insane game-ending ultra drop it is now

although, i have to admit it's very Path of Exile for the rarest and most valuable item in the game to be a string of skulls

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Venuz Patrol posted:

i would rather headhunter were toned down (something like maxing out the number of rare mods on you at once, for a start) and the insane rarity were removed, so it could be a fun thing to try out for a while like bisco's leash rather than the insane game-ending ultra drop it is now

although, i have to admit it's very Path of Exile for the rarest and most valuable item in the game to be a string of skulls

There are jewels that do the limited version. I don't want headhunter nerfed.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

There are jewels that do the limited version. I don't want headhunter nerfed.

Yeah two inspired learnings are still very fun and effective for a fraction of the price. Headhunter is a great chase unique because its power comes in the form of a very fun mechanic rather than just big numbers.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

PoE crashed so hard last night it uninstalled from steam

It's a 50/50 shot whether it crashes tabbing out of fullscreen mode, and borderless window inexplicably locks at 30 fps sometimes without vsync being on

It really makes the very good third party trading system even better

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

hawowanlawow posted:

PoE crashed so hard last night it uninstalled from steam

It's a 50/50 shot whether it crashes tabbing out of fullscreen mode, and borderless window inexplicably locks at 30 fps sometimes without vsync being on

It really makes the very good third party trading system even better

:allears: you’re adorable

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

Because discussing literally anything other than the trading system would improve this thread, I thought I would cross-post a little thing I made for the dumb talent competition GGG is running.

I had thought previously that it would be cool if you could take a screenshot of an entire hideout at once. I know that some 2d games let you do this sort of thing (you can take an entire prison screenshot in Prison Architect as I recall), and you could easily stitch screenshots together for a 2d game anyway. Of course, because PoE is 3d and uses an angled camera with a substantial fish-eye applied to it, a lot of cheating was involved, but I think it turned out sort of cool as long as you don't think too hard about spatial relationships and perspective:

(Larger version here.)

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
That's badass and I wish they'd implement the dang hideout sharing feature already. I want a cool hideout but gently caress if I'm gonna build it myself.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I want hideout loadouts, Where it just automatically places my poo poo if the hideout is correct.

maybe also have this as a free feature and not MTX?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Dizz posted:

maybe also have this as a free feature and not MTX?

hahahaha

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Man how long till we get patch notes for 3.2.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

What's a good league starter build. People were talking about some replacement for pizza sticks? Is it just as braindead? My Reave gladiator is having issues and I can't replace items since I'm still poor.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

2handed ancestral warchiefs berzerker / chieftain is pretty straightforward. The weapons you need cost nominal amounts until your last one.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

What's a good league starter build. People were talking about some replacement for pizza sticks? Is it just as braindead? My Reave gladiator is having issues and I can't replace items since I'm still poor.

I started w/ Baron SRS witch but I got the Baron hat as a drop and even w/o it was only 1c at the beginning of the league. It's pretty fun but Volatile Dead might be better?

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

lucifirius posted:

Delete Headhunter, Biscos, and Ventors.

Headhunter should definitely stick around, but removing everything that gives IIQ/IIR would be a good thing for the game.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

keep iiq items but remove the code that makes them do anything

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

keep iiq items but remove the code that makes them do anything

Maybe they already did :ssh:

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Mr E posted:

I started w/ Baron SRS witch but I got the Baron hat as a drop and even w/o it was only 1c at the beginning of the league. It's pretty fun but Volatile Dead might be better?
Volatile is great too because you can swap in Cremation or Detonate Dead (or Bodyswap with the new enchant?). I thought it was cool when GGG shared that they specifically made all the new skills fire-based so players can swap/play around without respecs or rolling a new character.

My Volatile Totems Chieftain has been a blast this league. It really avoids having to micro manage the targeting of corpses.

Zmej fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jan 19, 2018

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Removing chase items and punishing people who try and obtain the chase items is definitely what GGG is trying to do with their game. Bet next league they'll replace the league challenge mtx rewards with a poo poo like a kaom's at 24 challenges or something, that'd really level things out and make the game fun for literally everyone.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Mr. Despair posted:

Removing chase items and punishing people who try and obtain the chase items is definitely what GGG is trying to do with their game. Bet next league they'll replace the league challenge mtx rewards with a poo poo like a kaom's at 24 challenges or something, that'd really level things out and make the game fun for literally everyone.

how would a free kaom's primacy make the game fun for everyone? most builds can't even use that weapon. please respond.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

I was thinking kaom's sign, a wonderfully useful unique that many many builds can make use of for that free life gain on hit when attacking, or that wonderful +1 endurance charges if you're a spell caster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I'd love them to make the 24 challenge reward a kaom's sign. normally I at least feel a little bad when I burn out before 24.