Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Not paid but ID "put out" a new map pack for Quake 1 last year-ish for the 20th anniversary. It was designed by Machineheadgames people and was just a mod pack like all Quake level packs or w/e but still neat. It was also better than Wolfenstein II

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Didn't the original Titan Souls come out 11 years ago? I wonder if that's the longest stretch of time for new paid DLC
Everquest's most recent expac was in December 2017, if that counts.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Jesus Christ

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I wonder if /pizza still works in Everquest.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
There was that duke 3d release that had a new episode, though I've heard it was meh and also overpriced because gearbox.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

.....The first Everquest?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

.....The first Everquest?
yeah, they still come out with a new one every year, there's like 25 of them now. everquest will never die

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Imagine trying Everquest for the first time in 2018

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I have a Roomba and it's name is Doug (after Doug Stamper, cause it cleans up my poo poo). I think it's great and I love it because it does a real good job of cleaning. Sure I have to pick up cat toys and charging cables before I run it, but that takes about one minute and then Doug cleans while I do something else. Occasionally it'll get stuck on one of my chairs or under one cabinet, but that's it and it's easy enough for me to mitigate with the light towers Roombas come with.

I don't want to imagine life without Doug. I feel bad for all the Roombas in this thread that aren't loved. Should I start a Roomba rescue?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I wish my Roomba could combine with other Roombas to form a Super Roomba.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQY5DcViEdU&t=145s

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

When do you think the first movie about bitcoins and crypto currencies is going to come out? Two years?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sXcxP6LuYk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPPjZ7TbmgE

CJacobs posted:

It hasn't been worth the cost of electricity to mine a bitcoin in a very, very long time, funnily enough. Only extremely powerful and specialized mining-only computer setups are able to do it effectively anymore.

edit: But that's ok, the people who live in their parents' basement and mine bitcoins don't pay for the utilities anyway :laugh:

edit again: Here's a handy dandy article on exactly what you're speaking of, scroll down a bit for the scenarios at the bottom. As you can see, actually mining bitcoins loving sucks in 2017/18.
The vast majority of the mining is done by Chinese farms full of specialized ASIC hardware located really close to power plants where the electricity is just cheap enough. The people buying up all the videocards to make mining rigs in their basements are mining altcoins, not bitcoin.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8kua5B5K3I

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Jan 19, 2018

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
My roomba is named 1812 and painted to match.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

In Training posted:

Its my last night in japan and I have to get up to travel for 20+ hours so I'm just relaxing and playing Symphony of the Night, which I will also do tomorrow

Hope you had a good time. I leave for Tokyo in 3 weeks. I’m super excited.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The holy land, a gamer’s pilgrimage

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
every time someone mentions Nex Machina i remember what it is and swear i'm gonna buy it and never do

maybe today....

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

A weird thing happened yesterday... I started to get into Neverwinter Nights 2.

I have Bloodborne sitting in the living room, but my old, lovely TV is showing its age, and everything onscreen is blurry and just generally low resolution. Like, what looks like a torch on a wall turns out to be three angry undead villagers. It’s rough. I haven’t used my TV in so long, but I never remembered it being this bad.

Meanwhile, Neverwinter Nights 2, a game with terrible controls, crazy amounts of D&D bloat, character models that would’ve looked bad pre-9/11, lame writing and characters, a cliché plot, poorly-programmed party AI, is holding my interest. It’s a G1F3.

I know the recommendation is to skip the first official campaign and just do Mask of the Betrayer, but I’ve learnt that the latter is a continuation of the former so I can’t bring myself to skip 18 levels, at least not yet

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I think the vanilla campaign picks up after awhile but yeah the beginning is terrible

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

felix colgrave animated a music video
https://twitter.com/FelixColgrave/status/951336899930505216

this is unrelated to video games but i like felix colgrave's animations

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i think i'm gonna try Vampire Bloodlines again today

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

precision posted:

i think i'm gonna try Vampire Bloodlines again today

Make sure you have the unofficial patch and that you get ready for a poo poo ton of combat by the end. It's really good but the last hour or so isn't great.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh gently caress, the last costume you can get in Persona 4G is of your detective uncle, and you fuckin’ smoke a cig and throw your coat over your shoulder while holding a katana in the other hand when you win a battle. What a ridiculous fuckin’ thing!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Cowcaster posted:

felix colgrave animated a music video
https://twitter.com/FelixColgrave/status/951336899930505216

this is unrelated to video games but i like felix colgrave's animations

I saw this earlier it's cute as heck!!!!

al-azad
May 28, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwIKY9cFzL4

Coming February 20 on PS4 and PC in the English speaking world. Famitsu called it okaaaay.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The show owned so I'm going to buy it unless it looks like it sucks.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Taintrunner posted:

Oh gently caress, the last costume you can get in Persona 4G is of your detective uncle, and you fuckin’ smoke a cig and throw your coat over your shoulder while holding a katana in the other hand when you win a battle. What a ridiculous fuckin’ thing!

Actually it's just chocolate.

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
zdr told us not to post about video games in c-spam

where do i go to pat myself on the back for clearing a 100% 100-day in They Are Billions

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

sloppo posted:

where do i go to pat myself on the back for clearing a 100% 100-day in They Are Billions

This is a good thread for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xWjTyOdFVI

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Post about videogames in C-SPAM you coward

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

"a slave posts, a man posts too" - video game advice

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

In Training posted:

Not paid but ID "put out" a new map pack for Quake 1 last year-ish for the 20th anniversary. It was designed by Machineheadgames people and was just a mod pack like all Quake level packs or w/e but still neat. It was also better than Wolfenstein II

it's hosed up that machinegames' quake 1 maps are better fpses than their wolfenstein games

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Is CSPAM the same thing as LF, I remember reading a Victoria Let's Play there.

It was making fun of Serbians I believe

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

al-azad posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwIKY9cFzL4

Coming February 20 on PS4 and PC in the English speaking world. Famitsu called it okaaaay.

my wife and i loved that show, game looks kawaii af

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
little witch academia owns

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Hope y'all are ready for

https://twitter.com/SegaCDgames/status/954401628400087040

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I bought a $220 figure of The Boss from MGS3 today, which feels extremely cool to look at and go man, I wish I had an HD version of that game to play

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That reminds me I don't think the HD remaster of Night Trap ever came out here, I wonder if it's still banned lol

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
For $220 that figure better come with it's own Mini Nuke

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

At first I thought this might have been a real game. There was some weird poo poo put out for Sega CD.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
For $220 it'd better come with a lot of things

like CQC chop action

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Samuringa posted:

For $220 that figure better come with it's own Mini Nuke

You're goddamn right it does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
there's a world record for speed running ME2, but it's on Easy and uses a glitch to start the game with maxed out skills. lame as.

• Locked thread