Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

VulgarandStupid posted:

Hi, hello, I'd like two orders of your finest avocados on toast. No, I wouldn't prefer to have a sandwich.

Heh this is the same gear loadout I've got except I have purple pants. Looks suave as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Oh hey, our squad got mugged by 12 people. All hunting for us. In close proximity and LOS of each other.

Not suss in the slightest. :geno:

Bad end to a really good round, too

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
In the the movie Battle Royal there was lots of teaming.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

daslog posted:

In the the movie Battle Royal there was lots of teaming.

Yeah, it's a shame that kind of stuff can't happen organically in this game. It'd be neat to make friends with somebody and cooperate, even if you both knew you'd have to backstab each other eventually.

But of course in reality that only leads to this:

https://gfycat.com/OptimalExcellentDog

(maybe they didn't see each other?)

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Doorknob Slobber posted:

Back in the day when people played Action Half-Life there was this clan called BORG that trolled people a lot. So I guessed the password to one of their ICQ accounts and from there found out they had a file server which had a bunch of the default models, but spiked so that big red lines would stick through walls and poo poo. Essentially a ghetto wall hack. I distributed them to everyone to use against them. Those were good times.

What was their password?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Our squad ran into c9 moody the other day and smoked him. He was mooody about it

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/218999258?t=07h27m18s

A squad that was stream sniping him rolled in right after and we smoked them too

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Doorknob Slobber posted:

Back in the day when people played Action Half-Life there was this clan called BORG that trolled people a lot. So I guessed the password to one of their ICQ accounts and from there found out they had a file server which had a bunch of the default models, but spiked so that big red lines would stick through walls and poo poo. Essentially a ghetto wall hack. I distributed them to everyone to use against them. Those were good times.

This was sort of still a thing in the days of CSS, people would run wallhack skins until Valve finally got their head out of their rear end and changed sv_pure to always on (sv_pure forces players to always use the server's version of files).

knees of putty
Apr 2, 2009

gottle o' gear!
The reg on this game seems totally bonkers. Nothing seems to match up, at least early game. And you can't even trust the replay as nothing ever seems legit about that.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

knees of putty posted:

The reg on this game seems totally bonkers. Nothing seems to match up, at least early game. And you can't even trust the replay as nothing ever seems legit about that.

This game uses less tickrate and more carrier pidgeon to deliver packages between you and your opponent, so it is what it is

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Doorknob Slobber posted:

people actually played action HL?

i played the hell out of action quake tho, what a great mod

knees of putty
Apr 2, 2009

gottle o' gear!

Bohemian Nights posted:

This game uses less tickrate and more carrier pidgeon to deliver packages between you and your opponent, so it is what it is

Yeah but getting a bit tired of it, particularly as there doesn't seem to be any solution in the pipeline.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

BraveUlysses posted:

i played the hell out of action quake tho, what a great mod

The tier list for action games is:

Action quake 2

Reaction quake 3
The opera

Action half life

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

sticksy posted:

What was their password?

the password for that person's ICQ was KILL all caps. So was the password for the zip file that contained the spiked models.

BraveUlysses posted:

yeah man it had a small but fairly active community and I spent a good chunk of my youth playing that and the opera.

Fantastipotamus
Nov 19, 2002

Nothing's wrong. Nothing is wrong. Everything is on track.
I occasionally ran nosepak when I played Q2CTF on the Open ladders. I wasn’t caught, but people got suspicious (and they implemented file checks I think for skins?). I was also pointed to an open web directory that belonged to v23.Sk|nt which had a config file with all manner of visual tweaks, like making water crystal clear, etc. I used those tweaks for several years.

Anyways, crapped out at #2 last night; was stuck at the bottom of a cliff with a road in front of me and no where to go really. Ended up getting domed because he was above me and could see me fairly clearly (and I was looking left and right to watch for him coming down the side of the cliff), but I was pleased with 2nd. My ‘less than 10 people left’ skills definitely need some polish.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

Elman posted:

Yeah, it's a shame that kind of stuff can't happen organically in this game. It'd be neat to make friends with somebody and cooperate, even if you both knew you'd have to backstab each other eventually.

Had plenty of that in DayZ!

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Jerkface posted:

Our squad ran into c9 moody the other day and smoked him. He was mooody about it

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/218999258?t=07h27m18s

A squad that was stream sniping him rolled in right after and we smoked them too

Why would anyone want to watch this person? They aren't very good and they seem unpleasant.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Hellsau posted:

Why would anyone want to watch this person? They aren't very good and they seem unpleasant.

Yeah, that was my impression as well. But I guess he just joined C9 and according to their site, he's pretty good: http://cloud9.gg/news/moody-fro-frexs ?

Matazat
Aug 12, 2011

Which is better, SCAR or M4? Assuming each is fully kitted.

Also, vertical grip or angled grip?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Matazat posted:

SCAR has tighter spray on full auto, M4 shoots much faster. M4 is better. Angled is slightly better for full auto but it barely matters.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Elman posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/214099214

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt

Jerkface posted:

The tier list for action games is:

Action quake 2

Reaction quake 3
The opera

Action half life

The Opera was extremely good and underplayed.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Matazat posted:

M4 all day.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

I have no empirical evidence but the m4 "feels" better.

cyanidewolf
Sep 1, 2007

Truly the corgiest of goodposts

The actual correct answer is M16. Of course.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

cyanidewolf posted:

If only it could still take an 8x. It's potentially kind of useless if you only find an 8x. At close ranges I'd rather have an M4 or a shotgun and long range the M4 is pretty freaking good anyway if you don't find a bolt action gun.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Hellsau posted:

https://pubg.op.gg/user/Moody?server=na

Yea, he's horrible. (Unpleasant, absolutely. He doesn't seem fun to watch.)

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Squad dropped into Pecado last night. Why does that place feel like the bar in From Dusk Till Dawn every. single. time.

I need to read up on squad tactics because my goodness does it feel like a different game.

Communist Q
Jul 13, 2009

Matazat posted:

WhatEvil posted:

I have no empirical evidence but the m4 "feels" better.

Here's some evidence proving that.

Angled foregrip is the better of the two. The vertical foregrip only reduces vertical recoil, but vertical recoil is easy to predict. Angled is the only attachment that reduces horizontal recoil which is a lot harder to predict since it can go either left or right.

cyanidewolf posted:

It actually got nerfed hard in 1.0 and has the worst recoil pattern of the 5.56 guns atm. Bluehole wanted to make it an early to mid game gun you'd eventually drop. It's no longer the powerhouse it used to be.

Communist Q fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jan 19, 2018

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

People keep saying the angled is better but since there’s no horizontal recoil on the first 6 shots, I like the vertical more.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

sticksy posted:

What was their password?

"sleep"

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

VulgarandStupid posted:

People keep saying the angled is better but since there’s no horizontal recoil on the first 6 shots, I like the vertical more.

Yeah, I feel the same.

Before I ever looked at the recoil reduction %'s that have been published, I always went with the vertical grip. Then I saw that the angled one had some huge % reduction on horizontal recoil and switched to that since more reduction = better, duh, but it really didn't feel any more accurate on the M4.

Now I'm back to using the vert grip on the M4 when I have the option. Just feels better.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
The angled grip is the one that actually speeds up ADSing, though, which is actually pretty good

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider
The kar is now the best second to an actual car

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Why did they take away the singles & duos FPP stats?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Dangerllama posted:

Squad dropped into Pecado last night. Why does that place feel like the bar in From Dusk Till Dawn every. single. time.

I need to read up on squad tactics because my goodness does it feel like a different game.

the only times I've ever had an entire squad survive in pecado or hacienda is dropping two and two on the buildings on the outskirts and then meeting up and working our way in

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Cool recoil vid. Thing is tho it's not all that often that you're gonna just spray out an entire clip. If you're at the range where that's a good idea aren't you better off using any of the SMGs anyway?

Barnsy
Jul 22, 2013
Ran into my first blatant hacker in FPP. Dude shot me from 300m through a wall and through some shipping containers full auto. Was rather pissy about it since I was fully geared up with an AWM.

Spudalicious
Dec 24, 2003

I <3 Alton Brown.
I only ever switch to auto when clearing small buildings/100% sure that I am engaging at close range. Even then, I feel stupid spraying everywhere and though I've gotten a handful of full-auto kills, staying in single shot mode seems preferable for actually hitting dudes.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Rex-Goliath posted:

Why did they take away the singles & duos FPP stats?

Did they? Thank Christ it was going to take forever to rebound from my initially terrible k/d

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

I don’t understand why they won’t region lock the Chinese. It just takes one hacker to ruin 99 people’s game and they’re predominantly from China according to PU himself.