Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

TheAgent posted:

depends on the courtroom and if they have an open or media only broadcast policy

although I'm sure I could score a badge from pixellemonaide as a "journalist"

Or maybe The Escapist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

TheAgent posted:

depends on the courtroom and if they have an open or media only broadcast policy

although I'm sure I could score a badge from pixellemonaide as a "journalist"
and that's p much a solid "no"

http://www.lacourt.org/newsmedia/uploads/142017710104819GeneralOrderReUseofCamerasintheCourthouse1-3-17.pdf

I will be taking notes and scribbles the whole time though, in several different crayon colors

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

TheAgent posted:

http://www.lacourt.org/newsmedia/uploads/142017710104819GeneralOrderReUseofCamerasintheCourthouse1-3-17.pdf

I will be taking notes and scribbles the whole time though, in several different crayon colors

Submit your drawerings to Galarox for final rendering.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

I took it from ED forum (might have been here first).

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/396642-The-Star-Citizen-Thread-v8?p=6315650&viewfull=1#post6315650

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

XK posted:

Leonard French, get on this.

https://twitter.com/UnsafestSpace/status/954463514793578496

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

IANAL butt it seems like Derek might have called this one

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!
Would Crytek even take a $10 million settlement at this point? I know gently caress-all about law or how all this would fly in court, but my biased and worthless opinion is that Crytek + Skadden are just running circles around CIG.

What could Crytek expect to be awarded in damages by a jury if things go well for them?

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line

peter gabriel posted:

I am not a lawyer but *farrrrt*

:same:

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Mangoose posted:

Would Crytek even take a $10 million settlement at this point? I know gently caress-all about law or how all this would fly in court, but my biased and worthless opinion is that Crytek + Skadden are just running circles around CIG.

What could Crytek expect to be awarded in damages by a jury if things go well for them?

Crytek's standard licensing terms at the time appear to be 20% royalties so if they'd not signed the GLA and instead just got a standard license they'd have been liable to pay $35 million dollars in royalties so loving lol $10 million would be a miracle.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Meanwhile, important discussions going down on spectrum

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/how-to-make-a-verse-more-alive

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Mangoose posted:

Triple punitive damages.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

MilesK posted:

"I think Derek Smart wrote this response for them, did it for free too, I'll bet. It reeks of Smartness." -Reddit

Yeah, I even took shot of that one

Meanwhile, back at the ranch

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7rkghk/cytek_responds_to_cigs_motion_to_dismiss/dsxp7xq/

quote:

I think Derek Smart wrote this response for them, did it for free too, I'll bet. It reeks of Smartness.

----------------

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
Derek's red phone rings

It's Skadden, they need the Warlord again

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

XK posted:

quote:

Even if the Court determines that Defendants were permitted to switch
18 engines and did in fact do so, Defendants' argument fails to account for the full year
19 of infringing conduct between Defendants' announcement of the separate, standalone
20 Squadron 42 on December 16, 2015, and Defendants' eventual engine switch on
21 December 23, 2016. (FAC ¶¶ 22, 38.) In any event, notwithstanding Defendants'
22 representation that they no longer use CryEngine in any way (Defts.' Br. at 15-16),
23 Crytek alleges that Defendants' use of CryEngine is ongoing. (E.g., FAC ¶¶ 25, 51,
24 66.) Crytek should be permitted to obtain discovery to test the truth of Defendants'
25 assertions that they have completely abandoned the use of CryEngine.
Hahahahahaha

Yes, this is one of the minefields I predicted back on Dec 12th. I totally called it. Check the records. :grin:

----------------

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Crytek might settle for complete liquidation of the company and all its assets, chapter 7 for all corporate officers with proceeds to Crytek, tubal ligation and vasectomies for the principals, demolition of their homes, salted earth and daily rubbing of all pain points.

Might.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Colostomy Bag posted:

Triple punitive damages.

Star Citizen: the damages triple every second

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Foo Diddley posted:

Derek's red phone rings

It's Skadden, they need the Warlord again

He presses the "Hold" button so he can finish another conversation.

Bayonnefrog
Nov 9, 2017

XK posted:

I live a mile or two away from Leonard French. I could go over there and blow some airhorns in the background of his next video on this.

I think we call this winning the internet

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

im gaymar

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Bayonnefrog posted:

Just what we need - news stories about the rise of 'PARPING incidents sparked by online disputes.'

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Mangoose posted:

Because they still got to pay Skadden. (Yeah yeah they get paid from CiG's accounts. Which are empty from countless airfare and vacation expenses.)

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

Bayonnefrog
Nov 9, 2017

Cao Ni Ma posted:

CIG will settle if discovery is granted. Or that's what I would counsel my client if I had a law thinger and was good at my job. But Chris probably too dumb to follow counsel

Yup. You settle at that point. They want to keep as much of that out of the public as possible.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Bayonnefrog posted:

Yup. You settle at that point. They want to keep as much of that out of the public as possible.

That would be bitterly disappointing.

Bayonnefrog
Nov 9, 2017

TheAgent posted:

Cool. So are you from the LA area then?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Bayonnefrog posted:

I'll arrange a license for a background appearance to one of my 17 shell companies.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Colostomy Bag posted:

He presses the "Hold" button so he can finish another conversation.

The Skadden lawyer team dies of old age and cig launches star citizen feature complete in 2192.

The AI overlord historical society files it under mostly parpless.

Sandi turns 40.

Bayonnefrog
Nov 9, 2017

Chalks posted:

That would be bitterly disappointing.

Yes. But think about their side. When you start talking about punitive damages, supuenas, and we start getting into the $$$ wasted on cars, trips, etc etc. They still want to make a game ( I guess...$177 mil and still nothing) Who knows where it could lead. Essentially the trial is taking place right now with these motions and responses.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

Raskolnikov posted:

Sandi turns 40.

:vince:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Bayonnefrog posted:

Yes. But think about their side. When you start talking about punitive damages, supuenas, and we start getting into the $$$ wasted on cars, trips, etc etc. They still want to make a game ( I guess...$177 mil and still nothing) Who knows where it could lead. Essentially the trial is taking place right now with these motions and responses.

I think the issue is for most of us we rubbed so hard quite a few of us feel grief.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Golli posted:

Just what we need - news stories about the rise of 'PARPING incidents sparked by online disputes.'

If we got people blowing airhorns at peoples' houses, instead of heavily armed SWAT teams arriving, that would be a wonderful development for online conflicts.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Bayonnefrog posted:

I'd be absolutely fascinated as to what Crytek would accept in settlement. It seems like CIG would have to liquidate to even meet their settlement demands - and frankly why should Crytek go easy on them given that they've raked in 170 million and wasted it all on stupid crap.

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug

Colostomy Bag posted:

I think the issue is for most of us we rubbed so hard quite a few of us feel grief.

Time to upgrade rubbing to groping.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Anyone know the end of 'Shane'?

Imagine Roberts riding off in his Porsche riddled with legal claims as it drifts off into the sunset.

'Come back Robert's' from the little backer.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Watching Leonard French try to pick apart RSI being included, and Squadron 42 not being a different game, is like watching a baby crawling around on the floor, eating old dirty candy finds he finds in the carpet.

XK fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jan 19, 2018

XK
Jul 9, 2001

No, stop...

oh, well, good luck with that.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Daztek posted:

Yeah this looks like a bullshit response. Crytek gave some plausible complaints in the lawsuit, at first, without us knowing what was in the GLA. CIG responds to every point with good arguments and the actual text in the GLA pointing out what its a frivolous lawsuit

The counter response is reasserting the original claims that were completely shot down, without actually putting forth anything new or offering a rebuttal

Combined with how they initially tried to conceal the GLA to make it appear they had a viable argument, it seems pretty obvious this is just a cash grab. Their plan is likely to attempt to use the corrupt video game press and publicity to drag this lawsuit out and attempt to get them to settle

:golfclap:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
hello

quote:

Turbulent Media dba Turbulent
Marketing, Online Media, Games, Coverage

Est Employee Count < 50
Est Revenue in USD $2,000,000 to $5,000,000

Est Employee Count < 50

Est Employee Count < 50

Est Employee Count > 50
Est Revenue in USD $5,000,000 to $10,000,000

Est Employee Count > 50
Est Revenue in USD $5,000,000 to $10,000,000

Est Employee Count > 100
Est Revenue in USD $10,000,000 to $15,000,000

Est Employee Count > 125
Est Revenue in USD $20,000,000 to $25,000,000
interesting stuffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

So apropos of nothing, the new thread title made me think of this great song, Hamburger Martyr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWJsgSrnhqg&t=482s