Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

He did a rape.

I think that the degree of consent in his... encounter... with Silene is really not a rabbithole we want to go down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

It was Ryo who probably didn't get laid though, cockblocked by god.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/kgishfish/status/954052876862566400

Hauntingly accurate.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

I think that the degree of consent in his... encounter... with Silene is really not a rabbithole we want to go down.

There's no rabbit hole. She wanted to have sex with Amon, not Devilman.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

He did a rape.

She was literally asking for it and he didn't finish

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Jose posted:

If being struck by a bolt of lightning isn't a climax metaphor, then what is?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I liked the fact that his response to getting cum everywhere wasn't panic over how to clean the ceiling but disgust at the smell

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

Jose posted:

there was the mid battle 'is what you want' rape that was the worst

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i was very disappointed in the silene gently caress scene. really lacking in good gently caress

also crybaby psycho jenny is the best version i have scene, oshiyama is a god at doing demon designs

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

dogsicle posted:

i was very disappointed in the silene gently caress scene. really lacking in good gently caress

also crybaby psycho jenny is the best version i have scene, oshiyama is a god at doing demon designs

Yeah I really like the design of Crybaby Psycho Jenny.

Though I do agree she could have had more screen time alongside Zennon. As Psycho Jenny is one of the only beings that knows about the strange timeloop. It was also weird that they killed Psycho Jenny so easily in the final battle as something like that normally would not work against her. Along with the fact that tends to not die in various Devilman media.

Overall I say Crybaby could have used 2 or 3 more episodes.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jan 20, 2018

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I wish Cat Demon had killed Satan.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

MonsterEnvy posted:

Yeah I really like the design of Crybaby Psycho Jenny.

Though I do agree she could have had more screen time alongside Zennon. As Psycho Jenny is one of the only beings that knows about the strange timeloop. It was also weird that they killed Psycho Jenny so easily in the final battle as something like that normally would not work against her. Along with the fact that tends to not die in various Devilman media.

Overall I say Crybaby could have used 2 or 3 more episodes.

They should have compressed the first 4 episodes into one and then put in 3 more episodes

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

like a cigarette should posted:

The most romantic and thematically most important kiss in this entire series was when Akira met that skinny titty pillpusher at the club in the very beginning.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Also,

Octo1
May 7, 2009

The most romantic and thematically most important kiss in this entire series was when Akira met that skinny titty pillpusher at the club in the very beginning.

I'm pretty sure that girl is supposed to be Lala from the 70s anime. https://youtu.be/gWGRyxBkvxg

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Octo1 posted:

I'm pretty sure that girl is supposed to be Lala from the 70s anime. https://youtu.be/gWGRyxBkvxg

I am pretty sure it was Walvath.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Lots of boobs turning into mouths and spikes and poo poo in this world. If I lived in Devilman World, I would never trust a boob. I wouldn't trust my own boobs. Just forget about it.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Lots of boobs turning into mouths and spikes and poo poo in this world. If I lived in Devilman World, I would never trust a boob. I wouldn't trust my own boobs. Just forget about it.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Endorph posted:

the word they use is literally, explicitly, for romantic love, in japanese. daisuki.

I was genuinely unaware of this, having watched the dub.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

He did a rape.

idk if it was a rape, Silene was deffogiving him the come hither eyes

and arms

:q:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

dogsicle posted:

Personally, I thought the Psycho Jenny gently caress scene was incredibly mind blowing, she got it from three different ways at once.

:rimshot:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

tithin posted:

idk if it was a rape, Silene was deffogiving him the come hither eyes

and arms

She draws him in to try and awaken Amon and get her lover back, but when it's clear that Akira is going to stay in control she just tries to kill him. He's already mutilated and defeated her by the time he starts loving her again, and she's not into it. She's violently scratching his back and headbutting him not as a kink but in resistance. It's a rape. Akira buys into the "demonization" of demons so thoroughly, that he objectifies Silene and believes he can violate her because she's not a real person.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

what this from

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

satan was the only one that had normal boobs

perhaps this is a metaphor?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

She draws him in to try and awaken Amon and get her lover back, but when it's clear that Akira is going to stay in control she just tries to kill him. He's already mutilated and defeated her by the time he starts loving her again, and she's not into it. She's violently scratching his back and headbutting him not as a kink but in resistance. It's a rape. Akira buys into the "demonization" of demons so thoroughly, that he objectifies Silene and believes he can violate her because she's not a real person.

I was trying to make a joke about loss of limbs

Besides, she's armless

DisDisDis posted:

what this from

Looks like Louis Cypher from SMT: Strange Journey

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Jose posted:

The soundtrack is extremely good

The episode 9 end credits song isn't on the soundtrack because it was independently licensed, and the lyrics are about spending one last night with friends and loved ones you know you'll never see again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23YOL3jan94

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

satan was the only one that had normal boobs

perhaps this is a metaphor?

uh hello

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

tithin posted:

Looks like Louis Cypher from SMT: Strange Journey

oh ok google was right. guess that's doujinshi for you

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/CaoHongAnh9/status/953318850396737536

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
A snippet of my experience of watching Devilman Crybaby.

Ep 2: "Why don't I see Jenny's face?"

Later...

Ep 5: "Oh."

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
has anyone shopped psycho jenny's head onto the top of Miss Bellum's body yet?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Jose posted:

i want something demon or devilman related rather than vaguely human. koda loving and eating that guy is probably too big lol

This is my best non-explicit result:

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Smoking Crow posted:

They should have compressed the first 4 episodes into one and then put in 3 more episodes

hmmmm no

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

So the example google is giving me for "daisuki" is アイスクリームが大好きです。And apparently that means "I love ice cream." So are they saying they are romantically in love with the ice cream or....? I don't speak or read Japanese, just generally curious.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

oh my gaaaaa daisuki can mean "really emphatically like" or "romantically love" it depends on context just like everything else what the gently caress thread aaaahhhhh

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Solice Kirsk posted:

So the example google is giving me for "daisuki" is アイスクリームが大好きです。And apparently that means "I love ice cream." So are they saying they are romantically in love with the ice cream or....? I don't speak or read Japanese, just generally curious.
you can use it in an exaggerated way, or to refer to inanimate objects or concepts that you have a deep affection for. but in a serious conversation, you'd never use it for anything but romantic love. the best comparison i can make is 'i want to marry ___'

Saying you want to marry ice cream: A goofy thing saying how much you love ice cream.
Saying you want to marry someone else, in a way where you're obviously joking: Doesn't mean anything besides that you have a lot of affection for that person that's not necessarily romantic.
Saying you want to marry someone else, in the middle of a serious conversation, with the person you're saying it about : you wouldn't make that joke in that context. you'd only say it if you meant it.

I've explained this three or four times in this thread including that post.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jan 20, 2018

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Endorph posted:

you can use it in an exaggerated way, or to refer to inanimate objects or concepts that you have a deep affection for. but in a serious conversation, you'd never use it for anything but romantic love.

Not true, it's also used for non-romantic family and friendship love.

In the scenes in question the past tense "daisuki-datta" is used as the antonym to the preceding "daikirai-datta" (I hated you). And as they are running along the river it changes to the present tense "daisuki", since it's pretty clear they aren't gonna make it. Like this feels more like a "tell my x that I love- *takes last breath and dies*" kind of love resolution, where x can be a romantic or familial love.

Even further: only Miko says the word, Miki responds with different phrases, which almost feels like she's politely turning down Miko's unrequited love imho. Then again responding with "I know" is one of the most infamous romantic love responses, so I could see the entire sequence being interpreted either way!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah if you want to take miko's love as unrequited i get that, but there are people arguing the base premise that miko has any romantic feelings for miki at all which is kind of insane, to me. she pretty clearly does.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Miki is asexual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Holy poo poo

• Locked thread