Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

ephex posted:

Goretzka to Bayern next season on a free transfer is a done deal.

https://twitter.com/s04/status/954293041837363200

Well that was hilariously inevitable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
why in the holy hell do teams let guys like that go on bosmans

like goretzka's transfer value has to be one jillion euro, give or take. make BM pay you for fucks sake

also this is me

https://twitter.com/10appofficial/status/954305350685085696

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

It's all about wanting that CL spot.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Brony Car posted:

Is Cardiff going to play Grujic? I feel like there’s a decent player there but he’s going stale just training in Melwood.
We have an answer to that.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42744447

quote:

Cardiff manager Neil Warnock says new loan signing Marko Grujic must play in at least 14 games this season, otherwise the Bluebirds will be "financially punished" by Liverpool.
---
"We won't get punished if he gets injured and things like that. We've got 19 league games, and hopefully he'll play in all of them.

"A lot of clubs take players from the Premier League and don't play them. Well that's a waste of time. Same as me sending someone out, if they make up the numbers it's pointless.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

If he turns out poo poo there's a perverse incentive for them to break his leg or something

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Aubameyang isn't starting, and isn't a substitute. They are playing Schurrle up top for whatever reason.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Soulex posted:

Aubameyang isn't starting, and isn't a substitute. They are playing Schurrle up top for whatever reason.

He didn’t travel with Dortmund because I t’s happening.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/01/19/pep-guardiola-man-city-had-signed-alexis-sanchez-would-have/amp/

Alexis’ wages were too much for City.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Sure they were.

If City had wanted Sanchez that badly his wages wouldn't have mattered.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Shrapnig posted:

Sure they were.

Yeah that’s more accurate. Pep is really just saying they didn’t want to pay Sanchez those wages, not that they wouldn’t pay anyone those wages.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Telling De Bruyne they’re going to pay a worse player twice as much as him would probably be an uncomfortable conversation.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Shrapnig posted:

Sure they were.

He's be on infinitely more that many players he's not as good as and he's also nearly thirty. Smart move.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

It's this

Diva Cupcake posted:

Telling De Bruyne they’re going to pay a worse player twice as much as him would probably be an uncomfortable conversation.

and the fact that they agreed to everything, then Sanchez('s agent) came back after United made their offer and demanded more. Also City have a wage structure of a :airquote:low:airquote: base salary and a lot of bonuses, and Sanchez wanted a higher base which would have I guess remained in effect until he's 33.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Now the whole thing hangs on the approval of Mkhitaryan's manager Mino Raiola approving his move to Arsenal. It would be amazing if Sanchez to United fell through because of another player's manager, and he had to go back to City and pretend the last fortnight never happened.

https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/954353693779951616

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Malcom will go to Spurs and be amazing, to be fair even as an Arsenal fan I think right now a young player has got a better chance developing under Pochettino than Wenger :smith:

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

Shrapnig posted:

Sure they were.

It's all complete bullshit.

£510,000 per week is just a laughably nonsense figure if you know anything about United's accounts. Those football leaks people who claimed they knew Ibrahimovic and Pogba's salaries last season at least had numbers that were in the right ball park for what United could offer.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Lot 49 posted:

It's all complete bullshit.

£510,000 per week is just a laughably nonsense figure if you know anything about United's accounts. Those football leaks people who claimed they knew Ibrahimovic and Pogba's salaries last season at least had numbers that were in the right ball park for what United could offer.

Everyone online is a random dipshit homo
But in both directions lol

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
https://twitter.com/archiert1/status/954500846330568705?s=17

Lmao. Yes, this is a professional I'd definitely want in my team.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
wow United fans are really salty about the accusation that they are buying second place

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

NTRabbit posted:

Now the whole thing hangs on the approval of Mkhitaryan's manager Mino Raiola approving his move to Arsenal. It would be amazing if Sanchez to United fell through because of another player's manager, and he had to go back to City and pretend the last fortnight never happened.

Someone just loving firebomb Raiola's house castle already.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Der Shovel posted:

Someone just loving firebomb Raiola's house castle already.

I'm glad he's busy skullfucking a club besides mine right now.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Gigi Galli posted:

I'm glad he's busy skullfucking a club besides mine right now.

It’s actually two clubs at once, which is pretty impressive.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
BVB have confirmed Arsenal made a bid for Auba. Supposedly €50m. They’re going to gently caress this up.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

blue footed boobie posted:

BVB have confirmed Arsenal made a bid for Auba. Supposedly €50m. They’re going to gently caress this up.

How much do you think they'd consider a serious bid?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

tarbrush posted:

How much do you think they'd consider a serious bid?

He seems to be available. His relationship with Dortmund is totally melting down, and Schurrle did an interview where he said it was a huge distraction for the team.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
wouldn't madrid want him though considering benzema has been garbage

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Jose posted:

wouldn't madrid want him though considering benzema has been garbage

You would think a lot of teams would be in for him and that Arsenal would try to wrap this up quickly and not gently caress around, but here we are.

AndTheKnee
Nov 7, 2010
zizou is happy with his squad :shepface:

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Who is the Venezuelan that posts here? My team (NYRB) just signed Cristian Cásseres Jr. I was wondering if he knew anything about him.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Seltzer posted:

Who is the Venezuelan that posts here? My team (NYRB) just signed Cristian Cásseres Jr. I was wondering if he knew anything about him.

Hes dead

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Ornstein is saying Sanchez/Mkhitaryan swap is agreed by both sides and Mkhitaryan will complete his medical within the next day or two.

Akileese fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jan 20, 2018

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
straight swap, apparently. which cant be true because ive been reliably informed they never happen.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Bea Nanner posted:

straight swap, apparently. which cant be true because ive been reliably informed they never happen.

You forgot the corollary: "... except with Arsenal".

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Everyone is claiming this is some great victory for United but Arsenal wanted Mhiki when United signed him anyway, Sanchez could leave for free in the summer, any amount of money would not be enough to buy a replacement of similar calibre. At least this way he might turn out to be a player of quality United thought they were buying.

Don’t get me wrong losing Sanchez is bad for Arsenal but this is probably better than a straight £20m or whatever.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
agreed, Bacon Terrorist

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i don't think wenger knows how to coach players to be good anymore

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/MirrorFootball/status/954846766377177089

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

I see Newcastle are comfortably outside relegation at the moment with MULTIPLE points to spare, so I'm expecting 'whatever it takes to stay up' means they sell a couple random benchwarmers and don't buy anyone. Should be fine for a controlled descent to 17th by season-end.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Carvalhal says we can definitely stay up even without new signings.

That's that, then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Seltzer posted:

Are you talking about El Hefe? I don't think he's been able to post for a long time.

• Locked thread