Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Dely Apple posted:

Only a baka gaijin would not elevate them all to glory on his or her weeaboo pedestal. Glory being a potato and giving them wacky colors.

Some day they'll let you display weapons and then you'll see!

the absolute shame with the prime variant is that there is nothing you can do to change the color of the scabbard :cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

thats under attachments i think

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Stalker likes me, now I just need Despair!

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

And Tyler Too! posted:

Stalker likes me, now I just need Despair!

Hope your luck's better than mine. I'm over 1200 hours per Steam and still don't have that. It's one of two secondaries I don't have mastered, the other being Akbolto Prime.

Chairman Pow!
Apr 23, 2010
Just made it to Uranus, you are not kidding about it stopping me cold. Lousy maps and I have to do 5 missions with only a melee equipped? I just want to get the hell out of here

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

dum newbie Q time, for getting new warframes do you have to buy the blueprints from the market AND farm the part blueprints from bosses? Also I understand theres a limit on how many you can have, is that just how many 'geared up' with a loadout you can have or can you literally only have like 2 total until you upgrade slots

fun game so far tho

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
slots and cosmetics are the only things that are plat-only. you will end up buying lots of slots.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Echophonic posted:

Hope your luck's better than mine. I'm over 1200 hours per Steam and still don't have that. It's one of two secondaries I don't have mastered, the other being Akbolto Prime.

I deleted it after getting it when I was less than 20 hours into the game. Had no idea how rare his non-dread weapons were.

Anyhow, captiva is fun as heck y'all. making cheesy video game pictures is v good

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Echophonic posted:

I got it after like 500 hours played.

It is the worst throwing knife in the game and is the definition of mastery fodder.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
despair was probably the best weapon in the game for a brief time. but then, lots of weapons cycled through that position before de finally started leaving a few really good weapons alone.

Eyespy
Dec 20, 2004

When I talk about the doomed, the scum, the people who no longer give a shit...When I talk about the filth of the city...I'm talking about you.

Just installed the game today on PS4 after hearing glowing comments on multiple podcasts.

Who do I talk to about clan/guild/whatever membership?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I sold my despair because I already got the MR and it had absolutely garbage unsalvageable stats so I was never gonna use it anyways.

Then I discovered that it has a unique augment in pvp that makes it explode, and I realized that I am never going to play with that unless/until I trip over a second despair blueprint.

Conclave weapon choice is kinda crazy and way different than the normal game. For example, the Daikyu aka Worst Bow is actually the strongest bow in pvp wwith a whopping 260 damage. Meanwhile the Rakta Cernos (the bow I actually own) has.... 85 damage, even lower than the normal Cernos' 146. I guess this is to make up for its fast charge speed, but enemies in PvP don't just stand in one spot and let you shoot them 5 times in a row.

A normal player would throw out their Strun when they got a Strun Wraith, but in Conclave the Strun Wraith only does 120 damage per shot while the Strun does 156, and the Mk1-Strun does 170!

This weird system basically requires you to clutter up your inventory hoarding all your old obsolete guns when you upgrade from them to their prime version. I wish they had a system where variant weapons like prime/wraith/prisma/etc just shared the same conclave stats as their vanilla version so you only needed to own one of them, instead of each flavor coming with a different stat sheet.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Indecisive posted:

dum newbie Q time, for getting new warframes do you have to buy the blueprints from the market AND farm the part blueprints from bosses? Also I understand theres a limit on how many you can have, is that just how many 'geared up' with a loadout you can have or can you literally only have like 2 total until you upgrade slots

fun game so far tho

Yes you need to get the blueprint for the frame and then the blueprints for the components. These come from bosses, and later on a bunch of different places.

The limit on frames is total frames. Its the first place you'll want to spend your starter plat. You can however build as many frames as you want and just leave them unclaimed in the foundry until you have a free slot. This is useful if you want to play for free or are otherwise short on platinum.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Indecisive posted:

dum newbie Q time, for getting new warframes do you have to buy the blueprints from the market AND farm the part blueprints from bosses?

This is mostly correct, but there are some warframes who work differently. Oberon part blueprints come from 'eximus' enemies (the big glowy guys with elemental auras) instead of bosses. Ivara parts are rare rewards from completing Spy missions. Some frames, like Limbo and Mirage, are actually rewarded piece-by-piece as you go through a questline associated with them.

quote:

Also I understand theres a limit on how many you can have, is that just how many 'geared up' with a loadout you can have or can you literally only have like 2 total until you upgrade slots
It's a limit on inventory space, so you're literally only allowed to own two. There's a similar limit on the number of weapons you can own. You start with enough of the paid currency to get 2 more warframe slots or 1 plus a few weapon slots, and since platinum is tradeable you can eventually earn more even without paying real money.

Note that you can still craft stuff when you don't have the inventory space. You just can't click on the finished item to accept it into your inventory. You can, if you choose, leave a billion fully-crafted guns and warframes just sitting in your foundry forever, and take them out one at a time whenever you have space.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jan 20, 2018

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Drakgoon Prime

artherily
Jan 9, 2018
Is this game still being played?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

no, there's only like 20-ish concurrent players at any given point

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

artherily posted:

20 million registered losers

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Are we playing the game, or is DE playing us?

:thunk:

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Chairman Pow! posted:

Just made it to Uranus, you are not kidding about it stopping me cold. Lousy maps and I have to do 5 missions with only a melee equipped? I just want to get the hell out of here

For the melee only missions, farm Tyl Regor (the boss of Uranus) on public. There will always be other people running the mission so you can just let them carry you, and you will need to kill him a hundred times for all the equinox parts.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
Alternatively, if you're Excalibur you can just bum rush the capture target in Uranus's capture mission 5 times.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Alternatively again, run the spy mission. That was what I did.

Chairman Pow!
Apr 23, 2010
Thank you all, I did a mix of all of those and just got the 5 missions! Not sure what the point of that requirement was

Sarcastastic
Mar 9, 2013

It's a kind of magic.

Chairman Pow! posted:

Thank you all, I did a mix of all of those and just got the 5 missions! Not sure what the point of that requirement was

To slow you down on one of the slowest planets.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

artherily posted:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Despite Steve's efforts, plenty of people play it. Just none of them give a poo poo about Conclave :v:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Jesus GTAV is popular.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

What do I do with Lith relics? Ininstalled the relic station as I got to Mars and need to open some to get to Phobos. Where do I get materials to refine them?

What are the blue crystal things that have a separate button in mod station if I am not mistaken?

Flipswitch posted:

Jesus GTAV is popular.

They did get a major, and we'll received, free DLC recently.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

To refine relics ya need void fragments which you can get from void fissures (by using the relics). There's a station to the right of your arsenal area for it. Around the corner from the foundry bench.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Flipswitch posted:

To refine relics ya need void fragments which you can get from void fissures (by using the relics). There's a station to the right of your arsenal area for it. Around the corner from the foundry bench.

Yeah I found the station. So, the resources to refine them are from void fissures - but how do I open them, even unrefined, for loot?

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

cinci zoo sniper posted:

What do I do with Lith relics? Ininstalled the relic station as I got to Mars and need to open some to get to Phobos. Where do I get materials to refine them?

What are the blue crystal things that have a separate button in mod station if I am not mistaken?

Relics are how you get prime parts. Do a rift mission (with goons to share the wealth), and as you complete them you'll earn void traces to upgrade your relics.

The blue crystal thing is an ayatan star, which you plug into ayatan statues to increase their value. You can trade the statues in at Maroo's bazaar for endo or decorate your ship.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Yeah I found the station. So, the resources to refine them are from void fissures - but how do I open them, even unrefined, for loot?

You run void fissure missions (which have their own menu, like the alert missions do, on your nav screen.) At the end of the mission, provided you've picked up 10 void traces (which is easy-peasy, they drop from enemies and get marked on your HUD,) everyone's relics crack open and you pick one reward from anyone's cracked relic. (Which is why you should always do these missions in a group, so you have a choice of stuff - as well as it making it easier and being more fun, I mean.) If people pick your relic's reward, you get bonus void traces which you can use to refine later relics, to increase the chances of rare stuff dropping from them. Relic cracking is my favourite thing. :)

Pipski fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jan 20, 2018

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Pipski posted:

You run void fissure missions (which have their own menu, like the alert missions do, on your nav screen.) At the end of the mission, provided you've picked up 10 void traces (which is easy-peasy, they drop from enemies and get marked on your HUD,) everyone's relics crack open and you pick one reward from anyone's cracked relic. (Which is why you should always do these missions in a group, so you have a choice of stuff - as well as it making it easier and being more fun, I mean.) If people pick your relic's reward, you get bonus void traces which you can use to refine later relics, to increase the chances of rare stuff dropping from them. Relic cracking is my favourite thing. :)

Oh, I see. Cheers!

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe
I honestly think the relic system is a super interesting way of handling loot and drop tables, I haven't really seen anything like it before.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Invisible Ted posted:

I honestly think the relic system is a super interesting way of handling loot and drop tables, I haven't really seen anything like it before.

It's also a really good way of handling the in game economy. While you can buy the relic drops with platinum, you can only actually buy them from other players.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Invisible Ted posted:

I really love how instead of rolling for who gets the one good drop everyone just gets to pick what they want.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
While I'm still a bit too pants to really contribue to the void missions, relic cracking is fun! Also fun that if everyone else wants to keep going and you don't, you can leave.

Also thanks to cool goons who told me about binding gear slots to hotkeys and donated a couple of aura mods to me.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I love how they justify that with quantum nonsense. When you observe the contents of your relic, you collapse the waveform and determine what's actually in there, but you get to observe the other relics too and decide that what you observed over there is actually what you found inside your own relic.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Tylana posted:

While I'm still a bit too pants to really contribue to the void missions, relic cracking is fun! Also fun that if everyone else wants to keep going and you don't, you can leave.

Also thanks to cool goons who told me about binding gear slots to hotkeys and donated a couple of aura mods to me.

You can't peace out on endless Survival missions, so keep that in mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

turn off the TV posted:

You can't peace out on endless Survival missions, so keep that in mind.

Or excavations, I think?