Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It's a stretch, but the one eye is making me think G5 is actually Drive Knight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ain't it a robot fron the same series that challenged King in his first appearance before being defeated by Genos?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah G4 was another robot that looked a lot like G5 but it's true form was actually a smaller, dopier looker looking robot

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

I thought that robot was obviously Dr. Bofoi? (Same with the rest of the series).

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
SPEed of sound sonics recruiters forgot to check the toilet for him. 😕

Jeremiah Flintwick
Jan 14, 2010

King of Kings Ozysandwich am I. If any want to know how great I am and where I lie, let him outdo me in my work.

Holy poo poo, Black Sperm!

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

Hate-Senpai posted:

Ain't it a robot fron the same series that challenged King in his first appearance before being defeated by Genos?

The two robots that nearly kill the guy who stole the power armour were also working for 'The Organisation.'

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
So uh, Murata is adding a Back to the Future manga to his list.

This is amazing and explains his recent Twitter doodle feed.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

グレートスコット!

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Rub a dub dub

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

That isn't very healthy for Garou. All these times getting no-sold by Saitama, and he keeps forgetting him immediately afterwards.

Drunk Theory fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Feb 2, 2018

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Drunk Theory posted:

That isn't very health for Garou. All these times getting no-sold by Saitama, and he keeps forgetting him immediately afterwards.

Maybe he's just not trying hard enough, but it sure seems like Saitama can't actually one-punch Garou.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
he isnt trying to

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Expect My Mom posted:

he isnt trying to

Can he actually make his punch weaker, though? I was under the impression that sparring with Genos was basically impossible because Saitama would simply obliterate that robo-boy.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Saitama can easily hold back. We just had a martial arts tournament where he didn't gib any of his opponents.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

And More posted:

Can he actually make his punch weaker, though? I was under the impression that sparring with Genos was basically impossible because Saitama would simply obliterate that robo-boy.
what the guy above said and also Genos specifically asks Saitama not to hold back as he still thinks Saitama's strength comes from technique rather than raw power

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Serious Series doesn't make sense if he's unable to control the power of his punches. Also his power is maximum so he would have instagibbed the planet if he couldn't.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
If every punch was max power then he woulda killed Boros with the first hit. Also I'm pretty sure he's non-lethally roughed up humans quite a few times by now.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Saitama is not Onepunch-Man because he ends fights with one punch, he's Onepunch-Man because he CAN end fights with one punch.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
I mean we also just had a monster Saitama had to gauge the power of his punch for so he doesn't do collateral. Saying he can't make his punches weaker is silly.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

ChronoReverse posted:

Saitama can easily hold back. We just had a martial arts tournament where he didn't gib any of his opponents.

Yes, I had forgotten about this. I thought he only backhand slapped people during the tournament, but he straight up punches one guy.

skaianDestiny posted:

I mean we also just had a monster Saitama had to gauge the power of his punch for so he doesn't do collateral. Saying he can't make his punches weaker is silly.

He had to gauge where Elder Centipede would fly off to, so Saitama wouldn't destroy a city again. That's not the same thing as making his punches weaker. You're the one who is silly. :colbert:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Every single time he encountered Garou, Saitama did end the fight in one punch.

Ending a fight doesn't always have to mean killing somebody, that's just common sense. Otherwise every bar fight would end in a murder.

Also Saitama is strong enough to split the sky and yet he still managed to "only" knock Snek out when he first joined the HA. This does not mean Snek is so strong he cannot be one-punched.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

We don't see him punch Snek. Obviously he could be a two-slap or three-kick man. We do see Saitama punch a guy non-lethally during the tournament, though. So, that's about as much proof as I needed.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

According to ONE Saitama could destroy half the universe with one punch and that hasn't happened yet so

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

also did you just fuckin :words: someone who didn't even type a full paragraph, smh

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
The highlight of the chapter for me was Garou wolfing all that food down like Goku and gets hiccups from eating too fast, haha.

Goddamn do I love our Cape Baldy hero. Contemplating rushing out the diner cuz he forgot his wallet.

edit: Is just me or Satiama's usual pissed off/irriated look was a bit too... clean? When Fubuki takes his fries.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Feb 3, 2018

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

The dine and dash scheme is the funniest thing in this manga since "Ok.".

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

Shindragon posted:

The highlight of the chapter for me was Garou wolfing all that food down like Goku and gets hiccups from eating too fast, haha.

Goddamn do I love our Cape Baldy hero. Contemplating rushing out the diner cuz he forgot his wallet.

edit: Is just me or Satiama's usual pissed off/irriated look was a bit too... clean? When Fubuki takes his fries.

You're completing misreading his expression. It's not an irritated expression. It's a "gotcha" expression. Now he can dump the bill on her because she did eat a fry.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Shindragon posted:

That wasn't him being angry, that's his brand new, "All according to plan," face. Fubuki has eaten a single french fry, and now he can stick her with the check!

(Ask a rich friend to lend him twenty bucks? Totally beyond ole' Saitama)

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Xarbala posted:

also did you just fuckin :words: someone who didn't even type a full paragraph, smh

I'm :words: -ing everyone who felt the need to respond after ChronoReverse managed to do it more succinctly in two sentences. :v:

GimmickMan posted:

The dine and dash scheme is the funniest thing in this manga since "Ok.".

It was very good. Easily the tensest moment since that time Saitama forgot about the sale.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

:argh:

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

And More posted:

I'm :words: -ing everyone who felt the need to respond after ChronoReverse managed to do it more succinctly in two sentences. :v:

WR culture at work!

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Wittgen posted:

You're completing misreading his expression. It's not an irritated expression. It's a "gotcha" expression. Now he can dump the bill on her because she did eat a fry.

Ah. Didn't think he would be that sly to do that. I know he did that expression before when someone pissed him off but yeah no this is even better. Obvious statement but man the more chapters go by, the more Garou and Saitama are similar. Poor dude though, gotta check yourself in the hospital with those memory loses, that's what three times he's gotten KO'd by Saitama?

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Feb 3, 2018

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Caped Baldy just happens to be completely immemorable. Nothing to be done about it.

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Xarbala posted:

According to ONE Saitama could destroy half the universe with one punch and that hasn't happened yet so
Really? When or where did he say that?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

In my rear end god

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

Really? When or where did he say that?

Dunno. From all I've seen, it's one of those quotes that came out of the internet aether.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Didn't a dine and dash already happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

You got me. People like me like to parrot the half-universe BS line because it's usually in response to The Power Level question, the one that's already exceedingly tiresome in other franchises, and actively against the spirit of this one to begin with. It's convenient to trot out because it usually nips the question in the bud until someone actually takes a closer look at it.

Hell, this immediate topic was started with the Power Level question and it was asked because surely Garou must be strong enough to need more than one-punch to defeat. Which carries the implicit assumption that surely he has to be stronger than the guy who came before, Boros, who was demonstrably the second-strongest individual seen in the comic thus far. That must be why the current arc is about Garou, because he's so powerful, and not because Garou's story is one worth telling.

There are people out there who ask, "where does OPM go from here?" after the Boros arc because Boros was deliberately designed to be a final boss and the answer is lots of places, because the story had only barely started.

When I say things like "you don't need to kill to end a fight" I'm not being flippant, I'm trying to remind someone that their perspective and expectations of what this story is about are skewed.

RareAcumen posted:

Didn't a dine and dash already happen?

Oh like Garou even remembers

Runa fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Feb 3, 2018