Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
In other news Galbedir gets cuter with every day, I love his big googly eyes so much.

Crouton is a sassy rear end in a top hat but thanks to a NO SEEDS EXCEPT FOR TRICKS rule and a strict bedtime isn't pooping eggs out or hissing from inside a tissue box fort currently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

artichoke posted:

I must know this Instagram.

Wish I knew it, nothing in the comments though.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

I'm conflicted with this one.

Pro: bRib!1!
Con: Garbage food will probably gently caress it up. :(

https://i.imgur.com/dUSJMuI.mp4

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
A couple of Froot Loops won't hurt it.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah but now he can always find them, all you have to do is follow your nose!

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Jose Oquendo posted:

A couple of Froot Loops won't hurt it.

I'm skeptical.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

theHUNGERian posted:

I'm skeptical.

https://i.imgur.com/8SyoQRG.mp4

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

This is awesome. Too bad I'm not am comfortable wearing a red hat.

https://i.imgur.com/ppMGVSr.mp4

Rallos
Aug 1, 2004
Live The Music

theHUNGERian posted:

I'm conflicted with this one.

Pro: bRib!1!
Con: Garbage food will probably gently caress it up. :(

https://i.imgur.com/dUSJMuI.mp4

Ooh! A Swainsons! Their calls are VERY loud. The cereal probably has way too much iron in it. Iron buildup kills many toucans because they retain it too much. They have to be fed special low iron pellets.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

https://i.imgur.com/yoFbiv7.mp4

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

https://i.imgur.com/fWabuhx.mp4

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Being groomed by a bird is the literal best imho

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Does not exist

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

My sister-in-law has a bunch of Indian Runners so from experience I say that receiving duck preens is really weird but this video is pro-tier adorable.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
Nicky's skin got dry as the air is doing the same and our humidifier can't keep up, and she picked at her chest until it bled quite badly while we were out to dinner Saturday. We've got an ointment and antibiotics from a vet visit yesterday and are making vests to try and keep her from making it worse, though she's been destroying them to get back at it. She's not sleeping well or eating as well as she should because of it, and is getting weaker and more lethargic. She's under our near constant supervision at least, though it's killing me to sit for hours watching her suffer to keep her from hurting herself worse. She's pissed at both of us for having to get a hold of her all the time to apply vests and ointment. This will likely go on for months to get her fully healed.

Rallos
Aug 1, 2004
Live The Music
Stupid question: Do they not make the “cone of shame” for birds?

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Rallos posted:

Stupid question: Do they not make the “cone of shame” for birds?

They do but birds rely on their mouth to climb, and cones get in the way

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

As underage mentioned, cones are not super great for parrots -- and as Olds mentioned Nicky has a vest, which is often the first line of psittacine defense.

I'm so sorry, Olds.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
Taco Tuesday*

*offer still valid if not Tuesday

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Why do cockatiels always seem like they have a goal of making everyone uncomfortable by only sorta jerking off and staring smugly?

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Sera and Ozzy are cautiously making friends.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Just a heads up, the cage cleaner I thought was discontinued is now being sold by Walmart for super cheap.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/ECOS-Aviary-Cage-Cleaner-Deodorizer-Spray-22-Oz/24921056

WAY better than poop off, imo. Smells nicer as well.

I ordered 7 because it was so hard to find and I'm paranoid, and Ritz shits a lot.

Obligatory mid-floof pic:

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

RoboRodent posted:

Sera and Ozzy are cautiously making friends.

Is right birb nervous hissing, or flirting here?

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Battle Pigeon posted:

Is right birb nervous hissing, or flirting here?

Flirting. Flirting his little heart out.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
From Brisbane Bird Vet's Facebook page: Wally is getting into the (Australian Open) tennis season

I love him

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

The Narrator posted:

From Brisbane Bird Vet's Facebook page: Wally is getting into the (Australian Open) tennis season

I love him

Oh my God, Wally :3:

Anybody remember Harley?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRsfOGJ5lZg

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

So, weird question, Sunny seems to love the taste of my rose scented shaving cream, there's nothing bad in there, right? Cause he loves it, going nuts on my shirt since I dripped some on it.

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005

TaurusTorus posted:

So, weird question, Sunny seems to love the taste of my rose scented shaving cream, there's nothing bad in there, right? Cause he loves it, going nuts on my shirt since I dripped some on it.

What brand? There's a small handful of niche products that won't hurt him, but nearly all shaving creams are basically pureed soap. So, unless you're using whipped cream to shave with, you definitely don't want to let him do that.

Now I have a bizarre craving for rose flavored whipped cream.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
https://www.boredpanda.com/office-feathered-friends-window-birds/?cexp_id=7885&cexp_var=13&_f=featured

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Suntan Boy posted:

What brand? There's a small handful of niche products that won't hurt him, but nearly all shaving creams are basically pureed soap. So, unless you're using whipped cream to shave with, you definitely don't want to let him do that.

Now I have a bizarre craving for rose flavored whipped cream.

Taylor of Old Bond, it looks like standard shaving cream, so I'm not terribly concerned.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Inko has been reduced to having to fly between rooms and occasionally between cages, and everyone is having to relearn how to get along-especially Ohtori who apparently has strong opinions about Inko being on HIS perches and HIS human.

I was sent a video of them both on the spiral rope perch, Inko wary but just sat minding his own business, Ohtori clearly irritated and wanting him gone, reaching for Inkos toes... being told no, so waiting then pulling his tail instead, provoking Inko to start shuffling down to retaliate. The video ended with a SQUEAK of Ohtori being grabbed off the perch out of the way and being asked "bird why are you like this" :v:

RoboRodent posted:

Flirting. Flirting his little heart out.

Essence of 'tiel, right there

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
DNA came back.

Fedor is now a Serra.

And being a female, actually has a plus ten to sorta jerkin’ it.

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005

TaurusTorus posted:

Taylor of Old Bond, it looks like standard shaving cream, so I'm not terribly concerned.

I like the sandalwood one, personally.

Right, it won't kill him right off, but it will do unfortunate things to his digestive tract over time. Best to redirect that habit.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

TaurusTorus posted:

Shaving cream is poisonous to birds. Yours contains triethanolamine, methylchloroisothiazolinone, and methylsisothiazolinone which are definitely toxic orally. Also the volatile oils found in many perfumes can cause organ damage if ingested. A tiny amount may not harm him, but I would not give him any on purpose.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Yeah, I stopped him as soon as I figured out what was going on. He only got a little of what dripped onto my shirt and soaked in. Good to know, I’ll pay closer attention from now on.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

puff

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

Birdo has stuff on his beak

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Orange puff has a lil fluff

Captain Log posted:

DNA came back.

Fedor is now a Serra.

And being a female, actually has a plus ten to sorta jerkin’ it.

How do you feel about having another ladytiel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pip pip pip
Oct 24, 2010

The cutest little fascist

Ladytiels are the best, so obviously thrilled :colbert: