Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Maybe it's because I picked it up after it got patched a lot but I thought the Crew played great. The story is trash and a couple specific missions were kinda unfair but I had a lot of fun with it. Didn't need to grind or pay to win or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electromax
May 6, 2007
PlayStation amiibo coming.

https://nintendowire.com/news/2018/01/20/sony-announces-amiibo-adjacent-series-collectible-figures

Parappa <3

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I'd get the Bloodborne one and probably Kat if there's a round 2.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

bummer

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Those are stupid but I am defiantly getting Bloodborne dude.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Ahhhh my loving wallet!!!

Where is Aloy though? C’mon!

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Housh posted:

I'm having trouble navigating to places in Nier: A. The map is confusing but I think that's the point? Is there a way to tell if a quest is for the main story or a side quest? Am I supposed to do everything first way through? I see there are a bunch of places and things that I'm locked out of like these chests placed in different places. So many questions but I keep playing and I find I'm just wrestling with the map and invisible walls to get where the red dots are.

I might look at walkthroughs soon cause I suck at dealing with the jank. Otherwise, love the game's presentation and story.

Use the map top-down, any other perspective is useless.

Main Quests have a white border around the markers, Side Quests have a black one.

Do as many sidequests as you can, they're good exp and tend to not be boring, although I'd advise for you to push forward on the story until you unlock the Fast Travel. If you do want to skip them, it's okay, although I'd recommend doing the Lunar Tears one as it unlocks a neat segment later.

You'll get to open those chests, eventually.

It's okay if you can't complete a side quest due to levels, you'll get a second chance later.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Kilometers Davis posted:

obviously wipeout ship is a much more iconic character

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

I've never bought an amiibo before, but I just put my order in for the Bloodborne one.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Is Little Big Planet 3 worth it in the flash sale if I've never played one before?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Those things don't appear to actually be Sony ammibos now that I'm looking at it. They are just figurines so don't worry about missing out on in game poo poo.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Kilometers Davis posted:

wtf this is a good question

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Seriously she’s pretty much my favorite first party character and deserves to chill on my desk asap

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I think Aloy already has a mini-figurine from that expensive-rear end collector set of HZD with the Thunderjaw.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Housh posted:

I'm having trouble navigating to places in Nier: A. The map is confusing but I think that's the point? Is there a way to tell if a quest is for the main story or a side quest? Am I supposed to do everything first way through? I see there are a bunch of places and things that I'm locked out of like these chests placed in different places. So many questions but I keep playing and I find I'm just wrestling with the map and invisible walls to get where the red dots are.

I might look at walkthroughs soon cause I suck at dealing with the jank. Otherwise, love the game's presentation and story.

1. Main quests have a four red diamonds waypoint marker on the map, while sidequests have a single red diamond, if I remember correctly.

2. Try to do as many sidequests on the A route as you can, though you can do them later. You'll see.

3. Those chests are locked until later.

4. There definitely are places that are kind of hidden away, path wise, and yeah it's sort of on purpose.

Don't look at walkthroughs, don't spoil the game for yourself, it's too good. Just try to enjoy the ride and don't rush through everything. Everything comes together.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

Those are stupid but I am defiantly getting Bloodborne dude.

I love my "highwayman-bloodborne" lego dude so I'm prepurchasing Bloodborne one right now!

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
When's a good time to play Black Flag: Freedom Cry? Should it be left for after BF, or is it small and contained enough by itself?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I don't see a point in playing them concurrently when they're so similar anyway

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Goddamn the loving store is broken right now. The flash sale page won't load at all from console and I can only get 1 page to come up on the webstore. Fine Sony, I guess I won't give you any money.

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

Is Little Big Planet 3 worth it in the flash sale if I've never played one before?

It’s the worst of the trio and is riding on the charm of the previous two.

So no.

Weavered fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jan 21, 2018

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

poptart_fairy posted:

When's a good time to play Black Flag: Freedom Cry? Should it be left for after BF, or is it small and contained enough by itself?

Probably play Black Flag first, then go back for Freedom Cry later/if you want more pirating. Black Flag introduces the setting and main character for Freedom Cry, although FC has its own self-contained story.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Cheers. Thought it might have major.spoilers.for BF or something.

Manatee Cannon posted:

I don't see a point in playing them concurrently when they're so similar anyway

I know exactly what I'm getting from an AC title. :colbert:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

poptart_fairy posted:

Cheers. Thought it might have major.spoilers.for BF or something.

It kinda does, but if you know what Freedom Cry is about and who is it's protag, you're already spoiled :v:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

its ok i guess. the game is basically only fun playing weird user levels and thats really it.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

If anyone doesn't have Transistor from ps+ already I'd highly recommend grabbing it during the flash sale, it's fairly short but the visuals and music are super pretty.

The ps4 theme is also rad as hell

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
I gotta say I hadn't played Everybody's Golf in a while and they've made some real quality of life upgrades like being able to switch online courses without going back to the home screen. makes it a lot easier to go back to

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I really love Everybody's Golf, learning all the courses and whatnot, but the End Game can get so harsh. They don't gently caress around on that final difficulty level and the Revenge V.S. characters can make some mindboggling shots. My biggest problem is just dealing with the Custom Clubs! They're pretty casual and easy going, but if you wanna work optimally it takes so much effort to figure out if you have a good set.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

morallyobjected posted:

I gotta say I hadn't played Everybody's Golf in a while and they've made some real quality of life upgrades like being able to switch online courses without going back to the home screen. makes it a lot easier to go back to

Thanks! I'm glad to know it.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

If anyone doesn't have Transistor from ps+ already I'd highly recommend grabbing it during the flash sale, it's fairly short but the visuals and music are super pretty.

Great game.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

This video about 2017 being the banner year of a Japanese videogame renaissance is cool and good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kyzjQJm_2U

Also, NieR: Automata is cool and good.

2017 owned.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I know everyone says Lords of the Fallen is bad... but is it that bad?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Olive! posted:

It's just not worth playing when Dark Souls 2 and 3, Bloodborne and The Surge are all on PS4

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I played all of those

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Olive! posted:

If you play with a shield and heavy armour it's just aggressively mediocre, trying any other play style is as much fun as getting your teeth drilled without anesthetic.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I've played over a hundred hours in each souls game and bloodborne, and nioh (and I'm sure the surge soon) but I could not make it ten hours in lords of the fallen. It's just not as fun and it's kind of boring environments.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

Yeah, it's one of those games you should play once for the story because it has some amazing moments

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Just gonna state the obvious here and let you all know how much EDF5 owns. I love how their reaction to being able to get more FPS in the PS4 was "well now we can just put even more particles and physics and 10 times as much bugs per stage"

Just look at all the locational damage, this enemy has like 3 layers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiXvDzwULz0

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Lords of the Fallen is designed in such a way that the obviously unbalanced and broken attacks that trivialize the game are also probably the easiest to use//spec for, so even if you are enjoying the game, mechanically your all powerful by like 1/3 I’m so it’s super samey.

They recognized a lot of the bullshit and cut it to make the much better surge game.

Buy Nioh instead of LotF if you don’t have that yet.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Olive! posted:

I got it for free and still couldn't bring myself to play past the third boss. It sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

There's an extremely bullshit boss about two hours in that has an instakill gimmick the game doesn't in any way make obvious. That was the real turn off for me.