Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koishi Komeiji

Here's something a child could easily assemble without breaking the kite strings or tearing the cardboard. Also, since this is made out of super durable cardboard it won't break down from the kid flailing around with it so you definitely won't have to go out and buy an 80 dollar replacement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
ive been playing prey. it is cool and good

Starman Super DX

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.

fridge corn posted:

ive been playing prey. it is cool and good

:hf:

Tell me more!
btw ty Birdcon for the sweet spring sig

beer pal

me too. i thought it would be scareyer though. and i need more bullets

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

Twenty Four

Koishi Komeiji posted:

I forgot to mention this thing costs 70 - 80s dollars.

Edit: In real money, not like fake cardboard money.

Something made of cardboard that will likely break the first time you use it should cost a few bux, not almost a Benjamin, that is nuts!

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack

Twenty Four posted:

Something made of cardboard that will likely break the first time you use it should cost a few bux, not almost a Benjamin, that is nuts!

Step 1, trace out cutouts.
Step 2, make new dumb cardboard things.

----------------

fridge corn

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

beer pal posted:

me too. i thought it would be scareyer though. and i need more bullets

theres been a few scary set pieces but overall the atmosphere is pretty excellent. for games that only cost me a tenner, i think this is better than doom

Starman Super DX

it's huge and has so many details. plus you can explore pretty much all of the station at your leisure give or take a few both main and side quests. I think every single crew member can be located somewhere. most tasks can be completed in more than one way, the choices the player makes in the story can be pretty morally ambiguous, the game play creates some real organic moments where you have to think your way how to get past your enemies, I could go on and on.

Drop what you're doing and go play Prey(2017). Do it.

Tell me more!

TOOT BOOT

I'm couple weeks late to the bandwagon but I bought They Are Billions. It's right up my alley, I always loved RTS maps where you have to survive for x length of time and they AI always goes for your weak points.

treasure bear

prey 2017 is a good video game, I liked the music a lot

treasure bear

labo looks like you would either get bored of it or it would break before you even finish putting it together

beer pal

hi treasure bear

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

Koishi Komeiji

Also, since it's just cardboard and rubber bands some unscrupulous person could leak the outlines for the parts on the internet and you could just go to a box store and avoid the 80 buck price tag.

treasure bear

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Also, since it's just cardboard and rubber bands some unscrupulous person could leak the outlines for the parts on the internet and you could just go to a box store and avoid the 80 buck price tag.

if ive got a box from box store good luck getting me to turn it into a piano i will be sat inside that box blasting off on an other space adventure

beer pal posted:

hi treasure bear

helo beer pal

Twenty Four

treasure bear posted:

if ive got a box from box store good luck getting me to turn it into a piano i will be sat inside that box blasting off on an other space adventure

BIRDCON 2017

Koishi Komeiji posted:

nintendo is freely releasing the instructions themselves. afaik the $80 price tag breaks down to $20 for the cardboard and $60 for some game associated with it

BIRDCON 2017 fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jan 21, 2018

Olive!

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
NER

GI

GAN

TE

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
my parents always warned me that my eyes would turn square if i stared at a screen all day. turns out being the squared eyes boy pays pretty well. thanks mom and dad!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
also, the gaming industry pretty much proves that communism is right

Nosfereefer

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Olive! posted:

NER

GI

GAN

TE

what the heck youcant say bad words in byob

Djeser

it's crow time again

my job is to teach video games and when i go home i just want to relax with a can of video games but it's just my job again

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Starman Super DX

look at this pleb who doesn’t even get his video games exclusively on tap :smug:

Tell me more!

Scaly Haylie

gametap?

Starman Super DX

I knew I should have said draft :(

Tell me more!

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy

Koishi Komeiji posted:

One must post

mysterious frankie

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
holy moly eggy rolly nioh is frickin all kinds of all right!

----------------
Could the universe and starts be an enlarged reflection of the atomic world?

Koishi Komeiji

mysterious frankie posted:

holy moly eggy rolly nioh is frickin all kinds of all right!

You're drat right it is :colbert:

mysterious frankie

Koishi Komeiji posted:

You're drat right it is :colbert:

I have a mega flu and it made my day much better until I got to the third boss. Then I felt bad in mind, body and spirit.

----------------

Koishi Komeiji

I have a mega flu and it made my day much better until I got to the third boss. Then I felt bad in mind, body and spirit.

The mid stance spear hard attack is what is know as the "boss poker" try it out once you've recovered from your flu.

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
hey bidja gaem yobbers shd i get a nintundo swatch?

Olive!

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
turns out i actually don't get better at rocjet league while drunk, but wprse :yoshi:

mysterious frankie

Koishi Komeiji posted:

The mid stance spear hard attack is what is know as the "boss poker" try it out once you've recovered from your flu.

Tried it again this morning and it was a lot more manageable. I still died, but I got much further in and her attacks are super telegraphed; I think flu plus frustration, plus brute forcing my way up until that point left me pretty unprepared. Gonna train on goobers with my sword until I have a little more finesse then give it another go!

----------------

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

hey bidja gaem yobbers shd i get a nintundo swatch?

mario odyssey isn't really a super amazing game so

mysterious frankie

Tried it again this morning and it was a lot more manageable. I still died, but I got much further in and her attacks are super telegraphed; I think flu plus frustration, plus brute forcing my way up until that point left me pretty unprepared. Gonna train on goobers with my sword until I have a little more finesse then give it another go!

Oof yeah, this game is showing its downsides, at least for me. Splitting the game into missions, at least right now, is obnoxious, because I feel trapped in this extremely boring friggin cave full of extremely boring enemies until I beat the boss, who is royally clowning on me, even though I can see through her tells.

EDIT: nevermind, I beat her without being hit or blocking once and now I feel like a god.

mysterious frankie fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jan 25, 2018

----------------

NyetscapeNavigator

Saturn emulation is really good now I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0mS0vNCML4

Koishi Komeiji

Oof yeah, this game is showing its downsides, at least for me. Splitting the game into missions, at least right now, is obnoxious, because I feel trapped in this extremely boring friggin cave full of extremely boring enemies until I beat the boss, who is royally clowning on me, even though I can see through her tells.

EDIT: nevermind, I beat her without being hit or blocking once and now I feel like a god.

The hills and valleys of a souls game all right here in one post. Also :thumbsup: on the win.

Koishi Komeiji

Also the level design gets much better later on. I know what you mean by the missions feeling claustrophobic but later on they are much bigger with branching paths and optional bosses and you stop feeling "trapped" in them.

Koishi Komeiji

NyetscapeNavigator posted:

Saturn emulation is really good now I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0mS0vNCML4

Yeah but can your emulator do this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF5Qn1hC-iM&t=39s
Emulation < Cartridge tilting :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Dark SOuls 3 is... good???