Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

If it makes you feel any better Goldust fell in a wood chipper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

ChrisBTY posted:

Maybe I need to buy the last version of this thing because that is hysterical. Is it on steam or do I have to deal with Greydogs bullshit system?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

The second one.
Yeah...yeah.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

If you don't have random incidents and poo poo turned up to maximum then I don't know why you're even playing TEW.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I want to talk to the person who legit had their game wrecked by a plane crash killing half their roster.

Oh, and somehow despite losing their entire main event scene and not really doing anything to replace it WWF has overtaken WCW as the #1 company in the world again.
A feat probably made possible because all of the guys WCW plundered are succumbing to age. Except for 'Taker and Owen, the latter of whom doesn't even get to sniff the main event anyway.
And they also put the belt on Davey Boy Smith which isn't exactly going great.

Or maybe it's because WWF had the foresight to put both the IC and Tag Titles on Duke "The Dumpster" Droese.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Jan 20, 2018

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

ChrisBTY posted:

I want to talk to the person who legit had their game wrecked by a plane crash killing half their roster.

Oh the Lynard Skynard event. I've never had it happen, the event is just so rare that it'll probably never fire for nearly everyone

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/DNOpls/status/939855768626630656

I can't imagine how the wrestling world would be now if Montreal had featured this.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Hoss Corncave posted:

https://twitter.com/DNOpls/status/939855768626630656

I can't imagine how the wrestling world would be now if Montreal had featured this.

Shawn was such a dick he even had to steal Owen's gimmick

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

God, I played a bit of The Arcade Game on my SNES Classic the other day and holy poo poo I forgot how awful SNES wrestling games were.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

Timby posted:

God, I played a bit of The Arcade Game on my SNES Classic the other day and holy poo poo I forgot how awful SNES wrestling games were.

That SNES port is a bad version of The Arcade Game. Everything about it is so putrid.

But SNES did have some fun wrestling games. Saturday Night Slam Masters, Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium, Natsume Championship Wrestling (which was an Americanized port of an AJPW SNES game), and even Royal Rumble and Raw were kinda fun if super button mash-y.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

thefncrow posted:

That SNES port is a bad version of The Arcade Game. Everything about it is so putrid.

But SNES did have some fun wrestling games. Saturday Night Slam Masters, Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium, Natsume Championship Wrestling (which was an Americanized port of an AJPW SNES game), and even Royal Rumble and Raw were kinda fun if super button mash-y.
My favorite thing about SNES Raw was how you could piss off the referee until he just walks out and the match becomes no holds barred.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Mine was hitting people with a bucket. Raw was the only wrestling game i know of to feature bucket based violence

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Best part was unlike the chair which you could only use once, the bucket you could just keep using over and over.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

projecthalaxy posted:

Mine was hitting people with a bucket. Raw was the only wrestling game i know of to feature bucket based violence

Almost positive Attitude had buckets.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I'm tempted to do an audience participation LP of TEW2016 where I start a tiny company and ONLY use newly generated workers, and let the thread decide the worker's schtick/pushes/etc.

My issue is having a hard time finding a sweet spot for worker generation, or a way to assure I get a lot of the young talent while not actually blowing up the database. I made three dojos and got 9 workers over the course of a year with the new worker rate set to "Extremely high", but this actually generated 175 new workers (!) in the same year, total.

So what should my next trial run be? Have the dojos but also aggressively pursue new workers outside the dojo with the new worker rate set to... uh... Medium, maybe? Something that doesn't add nearly 10% to the total number of in game characters after only one year?

EDIT

ChrisBTY posted:

When Cody becomes available, sign him and debut him as "Sawdust"

Veryslightlymad fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Jan 21, 2018

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Veryslightlymad posted:

Oh jeez.

Also: WCW responded to WWF retaking the throne by them by the only way they know how: they stole Shawn. Now WWF has basically nothing and Mankind is the #1 Wrestler on their roster.
On the plus side: Zip just won the IC title from Duke "the Dumpster" Droese.

Come on WWF, I know you don't have as much money but open the pocket book a little and save somebody, jeez.

Is it possible to take control of an AI company mid-game? Because I need to see what their finances are.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Veryslightlymad posted:

I'm tempted to do an audience participation LP of TEW2016 where I start a tiny company and ONLY use newly generated workers, and let the thread decide the worker's schtick/pushes/etc.

My issue is having a hard time finding a sweet spot for worker generation, or a way to assure I get a lot of the young talent while not actually blowing up the database. I made three dojos and got 9 workers over the course of a year with the new worker rate set to "Extremely high", but this actually generated 175 new workers (!) in the same year, total.

So what should my next trial run be? Have the dojos but also aggressively pursue new workers outside the dojo with the new worker rate set to... uh... Medium, maybe? Something that doesn't add nearly 10% to the total number of in game characters after only one year?

Don't have any useful things to say about your problem, but I did wanna say that if you do get it working, I'd read the poo poo out of that LP, especially if it kinda explained the game and such because dammit I'm still trying to learn this thing for some reason.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

ChrisBTY posted:

Oh jeez.

Also: WCW responded to WWF retaking the throne by them by the only way they know how: they stole Shawn. Now WWF has basically nothing and Mankind is the #1 Wrestler on their roster.

Come on WWF, I know you don't have as much money but open the pocket book a little and save somebody, jeez.

Is it possible to take control of an AI company mid-game? Because I need to see what their finances are.

Yes, but you can also do this without actually taking control of the company.

First, I'll answer your question: Basically, at any time, if you go into the editor, you can add a player, and that player, like a new player, can start wherever, as either the owner or a booker of a company.

But the editor makes it easier than actually bothering with this. At any time, you can go into the editor, select the company you want to view, and it'll TELL you how much cash on hand the company has.

Another useful thing you might consider isn't even behind the cheat-y world of the editor. Check out both the head booker and Vince McMahon on the character screen. Check the Booker's booking skills and Vince's owner skills and see if their requisite abilities are low, and also if the booker has "With Wallet" as his firing bias, and if Vince has "Mean" set as his finance stat. "With Wallet" bookers are going to be less likely to throw money at stars during contracts, and speaking as someone trying to deal with the rear end in a top hat that is Puerto Rican Power, "Mean" finances are just awful to deal with. When I was first getting set up, I had to let most of my midcard go because the money they demanded was more than what PRP was willing to spend.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
That's right, that's why they were able to do the Monday Night Wars LP here some time back.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Alright. I kicked the tires and looked under the hood.
Vince's owner skills are all normal, but Turner is 'Flashy' under his spending stat. No firing bias or financial bias on either side.
All of the guys WCW stole have re-upped at least once, except for Vader who left and hasn't been picked back up by anybody.

The present contract details are thus:

(All of them get a 20% bonus per event)
Bret: 36,800, Creative Control
Davey Boy Smith: 36,770
Undertaker: 44,300, CC
Warrior: 51,130, CC
Owen: 37,180
Shawn: 87,380 CC

So WCW went all out on Shawn, but the idea that WWF let those other guys go for so little comparatively when they're flush with cash (they are presently making twice as much per month as WCW) is almost irritating. Bret's contract is coming up in a month. He'll probably just resign.

Whatever, I'ma go turn my indie darlings into the next national power (ok, they'll all be retired and I'll be using game-generated characters if that day ever comes but...)

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Hire Vader, drat you.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

ChrisBTY posted:

Oh jeez.

Zip/Dr Tom Prichard was a perfectly functional midcarder for us in the monday night wars thread.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Veryslightlymad posted:

EDIT

Eventually the game will stop making new characters when you reach the "limit" for the database. I always set mine to extremely high and after a couple of years it will start only generating people to replace retired workers

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Any way of knowing how many that is?

Another thing I considered was running Extremely High for year one and then toning it down to high afterward.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Veryslightlymad posted:

Any way of knowing how many that is?

Another thing I considered was running Extremely High for year one and then toning it down to high afterward.

I'm really not sure, I don't really understand how this game works that well lol I just notice that suddenly I'll go a couple of months with 0 graduates, then there will be a wave of retirements and they'll start appearing again for awhile, etc

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Xerzes posted:

Zip/Dr Tom Prichard was a perfectly functional midcarder for us in the monday night wars thread.

But we didn't have Duke "The Dumpster" Droese holding the tag titles with Tommy Dreamer at the same time.
Fun Fact: WWF rehired Samu and reformed the Headshrinkers while Phatu was world tag team champions with...Duke "the Dumpster" Droese.

I was almost tempted to abandon my NECW game and just take over the WWF but really no, I would barely know where to start.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I should probably note that game-generated workers are typically loving terrible and, unless you manually tweak their stats a bit, you're never gonna get any main event caliber workers out of the random generator.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I should probably note that game-generated workers are typically loving terrible and, unless you manually tweak their stats a bit, you're never gonna get any main event caliber workers out of the random generator.

This is the other reason I turn it to extremely high. I hire literally everyone who shows any potential, and that's still probably 1 out of 5 generated workers. And then maybe 1 out of 10 of those 1 out of 5 ends up being more than a jobber type for me.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Marquis de Pyro posted:

This is the other reason I turn it to extremely high. I hire literally everyone who shows any potential, and that's still probably 1 out of 5 generated workers. And then maybe 1 out of 10 of those 1 out of 5 ends up being more than a jobber type for me.

Probably a better success rate than real wrestling.

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

Enzo Amore, there is only one word to describe you, and Vince is going to spell it out for ya.

Capital G
Double O
Double N
Double E

GOONNEE

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

dont even fink about it posted:

Probably a better success rate than real wrestling.

True, but in my head I assume the database works by only showing people who have broken through from 'trash tier local indy' to 'potentially booked nationally', and by that standard you get a lot of just utterly useless people

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Has Spike announced a release date for the Manager DLC for Fire Pro World yet? Not much of January left...

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Has Spike announced a release date for the Manager DLC for Fire Pro World yet? Not much of January left...

To be fair they also said "or Early February", I'll take a delay as long as it's functional.

BrokenCycle
Nov 15, 2004

A Rough Job, But...
Anyone play the WMMA5 trial yet? I think it's very fun.

Full game comes out next week!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
WMMA was like, in many ways, the best Wrestling Booking Game because it was bullshit free and all about getting people over and giving them the right wins and protecting them with booking.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

BrokenCycle posted:

Anyone play the WMMA5 trial yet? I think it's very fun.

Full game comes out next week!

Oh poo poo, I didn't even know that Adam had announced a new one. I really enjoyed the WMMA series and have put a shitload of hours into 3 and 4.

edit: looks like he's ported a shitload of stuff over from TEW that are just straight up QOL upgrades.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Jan 24, 2018

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I haven't noticed anything like this. In my current game I have new workers set to "Low" and one of the ones the CPU hired is a top guy in SWF in like, his fifth year as a wrestler, and seems to be getting even BETTER. 87 Basics, 80 Psychology, 83 Safety, 90 Consistency, 86 Selling

I mean, sure, one of my women has a 2% Star Potential, but even with that cripplingly low stat, she's probably like the fourth best woman on my roster over what's mostly pregenerated characters simply because she kicks the poo poo out of everyone in actual in-ring ability. I'm tempted to give her a mask, but they don't actually alter SP or Sex Appeal.

I wonder if worker ability is at all tied to new worker generation rate, which would make sense to a degree, but also kinda derail my idea for a thread.

One thing I hadn't really considered is worker... uh.... development cycles? Like, there's a "peak" period where workers start to get a lot better, and it's after they've been around for a few years. Without having anyone at that age range, it'd be pretty hard to get someone over.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

nL are showing an outtake from Day of Reckoning 2 from the rumblethon in August.

edit: Turns out that there's a weird thing with the AI in DOR2. Austins AI just completely shutdown and he's doing nothing.

To quote someone in the twitch chat "Austin was the only one in the match for a it didn't turn back onconds, so his AI turned off and when Carlito showed up he didn't" which is interesting.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Jan 28, 2018

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Testekill posted:

To quote someone in the twitch chat "Austin was the only one in the match for a it didn't turn back onconds, so his AI turned off and when Carlito showed up he didn't" which is interesting.

Was this supposed to make sense?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Honestly whatvdvabenmeltzter said about Dean Amanda's do flux every telling. Also th where at r wee sees himself as a a superstars in the friend