Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

Insane Totoro posted:

https://discord.gg/95fbQSe

Would you rather be a Boat Drivin Space Moana or a member of Goldman Shaxx and Co?

Oh Boat Drivin Space Moana sounds amazing. PSN name is daveys1135 because I picked it before I knew it was my online name there forever.

Riven fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jan 20, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

Riven posted:

Oh Boat Drivin Space Moana sounds amazing. PSN name is daveys1135 because I picked it before I knew it was my online name there forever.

Okay, I can add you, but can you give me your Bungie account link? I can't find you via PSN search for some reason.

In the meantime go introduce yourself in the Discord

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

cvnvcnv posted:

Thank you very much for the MW Pleiades Corrector, Mommy Aghdashloo :worship: :gizz:

And a MW The Number, and a whole bunch of Endgame shader!

This has been a legit awesome Faction Rally, guys :smug:

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011
WAKE UP SHEEPLE. EA HAS FULLY INFILTRATED ACTIVISION BLIZZARD AND ARE WORKING AGAINST ALL GAMERS.

*JPG of bobby kotick with devil horns playing Madden*

#staywoke

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Look guys I'm helping:
https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/242220192

- Make the winning weapon - the one you can buy at a big discount if you are in the faction - a GUARANTEED Masterwork. Maybe even a guaranteed Power upgrade.

- Make the rewards from faction engrams have a high chance of dropping as Masterworks. This will actually justify the engram cap.

Boom. Faction Rallies are now worth it without changing much at all.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Roman posted:

- Make the rewards from faction engrams have a high chance of dropping as Masterworks. This will actually justify the engram cap.

Literally every post of mine on this page.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Faction rallies havent been worth it from the beginning and that was when the weapon pool was fresh and new. Now its three seasons in and it matters even less.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

ZeusCannon posted:

Faction rallies havent been worth it from the beginning and that was when the weapon pool was fresh and new. Now its three seasons in and it matters even less.

two seasons

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

he means this is the 3rd faction rally and they haven't added anything worth chasing in these faction loot pools.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Roman posted:

Look guys I'm helping:

- Make the winning weapon - the one you can buy at a big discount if you are in the faction - a GUARANTEED Masterwork. Maybe even a guaranteed Power upgrade.

*european whistling* what if I don’t pledge the right faction a bloo bloo bloo

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Yeah the winning weapon should be like a unique thing you can only get from pledging to the winning team. None of this “oh you can buy it anyways, oh we’re gunna put it in the loot next month” garbage. Just make it more significant / important

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Bungie made killing gods insignificant I don't know what to tell you

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Chilichimp posted:

he means this is the 3rd faction rally and they haven't added anything worth chasing in these faction loot pools.

oh

i guess

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Roman posted:

Look guys I'm helping:

I like it. I think they could even still do that because the prizes drop next week

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

This game has gotten so bad that I haven't even played since last week, and I've played every week since Destiny ever existed.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Is this good yet? Are they going to add Fire Fight?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I'd be happy if they just added the goddamned flood at this point and let me blow up some rings.

Actually I'll just go past halo ce.

E: that's a lie, I'll still play, but Monhun is gonna crush come Friday.

ephori
Sep 1, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

actionjackson posted:

This game has gotten so bad that I haven't even played since last week, and I've played every week since Destiny ever existed.

Same.

AwkwardKnob
Dec 29, 2004

A good pun is like a good steak: A rare medium well done

Same.

Just kind of playing PUBG instead. The gunplay is so much less satisfying.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

actionjackson posted:

it hasn’t changed though, so does that mean it was bad to begin with :ohdear:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

sunday at work posted:

Is this good yet? Are they going to add Fire Fight?

As always the underlying feeling of shooting a man is best in class, however everything else is [80s Voice] full blown AIDS

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Legs Benedict posted:

it hasn’t changed though, so does that mean it was bad to begin with :ohdear:

Uhhhhhhh

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

PathAsc posted:

Uhhhhhhh

do you wanna post a follow up

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Nothing we do matters right now, sure, or maybe everything we do matters as MW Armor dropping soon means all tokens and resources to dump out are good, thus no matter what you're getting it's thumbs up and helping you progress.

Perspective. Retarded perspective from a retard but there's something to it. I found goals and am enjoying chasing them.

My other advice for liking D2:

1. :420:
2. Always have a podcast, movie or show going. Playing Destiny is like a second nature so I let it be second nature while my brain hardly deals with it.
3. Sadly, bitch, you're having to be reminded to just eat his rear end. Eat his rear end, you bitch.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Had some time to burn, hadn't done the Raid Lair yet, thought I'd get on Discord and jump into a group, we couldn't get enough people on ps4 to do the raid lair, shows what state this game is in. No fault to the dudes trying, the community has withered hard.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Planet Destiny does "weekly top 10 crucible plays" videos and they're going to start using Destiny 1 clips. It's come to that.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Legs Benedict posted:

do you wanna post a follow up

What does your heart tell you?

Things have changed since D1, it's what it's telling you

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Are Mercury Patrol beacons on cooldown? I did two 'Kill Things' quests on two different characters, and now there's been none for twenty minutes and counting.

edit: By none, I mean no patrols available, period.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Seems like the games doing you a favour. Perhaps you should play a less dead and less gay game

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Just lmao if you don't play this high as gently caress

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I can't wait to have this game get thrown in the trash after the next dlc that I won't buy comes out.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Norns posted:

Yeah but D1 is better while high too, so uhhhh

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Nomadic Scholar posted:

I can't wait to have this game get thrown in the trash after the next dlc that I won't buy comes out.

lol, the next DLC is going to be so bad.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

PathAsc posted:

What does your heart tell you?

Things have changed since D1, it's what it's telling you

oh i didnt realize he was talking about D1 -> D2 my bad

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Norns posted:

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

cvnvcnv posted:

Nothing we do matters right now, sure, or maybe everything we do matters as MW Armor dropping soon means all tokens and resources to dump out are good, thus no matter what you're getting it's thumbs up and helping you progress.
If Mods 2.0 is anything like Warframe mods, we'll actually be able to make builds again. Depends how simple or complex they allow mods to be.

In Warframe, mods can be stuff like +Damage, +Stability, +More Ability energy capacity, +Damage to specific enemies, etc. all the way up to containing entire combo sets for melee weapon types. And they're even visually interesting, they look like 3 holographic trading cards.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Mods_2.0
That's how Warframe does it. Even at a glance (scroll down to Attributes) you can see the potential if they made anything like it for D2.

And in Warframe's PVP (which no one actually plays but whatever) mods are disabled except for PVP exclusive mods

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Roman posted:

If Mods 2.0 is anything like Warframe mods, we'll actually be able to make builds again. Depends how simple or complex they allow mods to be.

I really hope Mods 2.0 will be a big thing, but this line is preventing me from expecting too much:

Sandbox Design Lead Josh Hamrick posted:

Also, Grant MacKay has put together a really exciting plan for Mods 2.0 that will open their requirements up significantly allowing them to be more potent in ways that you’ll end up feeling directly in your ability uptime and therefore total power output.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
If you think mods 2.0 is gonna be anything more than existing mods with better numbers, you’re giving his dev more credit than they’ve earned here since pc launch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
The problem is that there’s nothing actually TO the game, so mods and builds and shot won’t help.

The entire game is designed around being a slow rear end bitch with no supers or nades and two boring guns that just shoot

All the mods in the world won’t change the fact that the enemies just sit there and do nothing and the pvp is 4v4 crap

Sorry the game is dead, just admit it and let Bungie either die or be reborn somehow