Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I went from a piece of poo poo 2 year old HTC One M8 to an Iphone 6S and the difference was literally night and day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Beasteh posted:

I went from a piece of poo poo 2 year old HTC One M8 to an Iphone 6S and the difference was literally night and day

I went from an HTC One M7 to an Iphone 7S and yes, similar experience.

it would take 10-15 minutes to set up even a simple team. MP was an impossibility. I could start a battle and set the phone down, do something for about 40 seconds, then pay attention cause the battle finally loaded.

Parasol Waddle Dee
Oct 30, 2012

Waddle waddle.

Pander posted:

That makes sense, but since elemental resists overwrite one another aren't I just better off equipping her with a moderate or major resist accessory most of the time? Most fights usually only have one element slamming into the party (for Magicite content only Bismarck is truly multi-element), so the LM2 minor resist seems paltry.

Relm’s LM2 actually stacks with resistance! Which is a point in her favor.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Someone's managed to Sub30 the new Torment at highest difficulty. It looks... Honestly kinda tedious. I might have to draw the line there. Having to land over 300 quick casts hits on something to beat it at all, let alone in 30 seconds sounds kind of awful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epZ3NihhkBc

YoshiOfYellow posted:

If you're running Garnet in a mage team you are far less likely to run into the problem of multiple ATK/MAG buffs, since all of the good mage-focused boosts are different combos (MAG/MND/RES for Onion, Plain MAG for Sheepsong and it's variants, MAG/RES for Edward SSB, etc). I forgot to mention her Bard 6 access and that's another big deal for her usefulness. She's not going to do as much damage as someone like Ashe or Desch but she brings a ridiculous amount of utility to a mage party that is incredibly helpful.

To be fair to her if I had no other options she'd be used more, but it's been easy to find a superior alternative for every role.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Parasol Waddle Dee posted:

Relm’s LM2 actually stacks with resistance! Which is a point in her favor.

I did not know that. Huh.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I kinda wish I'd paid twice as much for a current iphone instead of my Moto G5+, the game looks great at 60fps but on 9 out of 10 maps combat is locked at 30fps, it's the same on both my phone and on PC emulation. It's really weird but I've always assumed it's due to bad android optimization since no one in japan uses android

edit: apparently IOS has the same thing going on? https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/4od6r4/60_fps_glitch_ios/ weird

Flavahbeast fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jan 20, 2018

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Flavahbeast posted:

I kinda wish I'd paid twice as much for a current iphone instead of my Moto G5+, the game looks great at 60fps but on 9 out of 10 maps combat is locked at 30fps, it's the same on both my phone and on PC emulation. It's really weird but I've always assumed it's due to bad android optimization since no one in japan uses android

edit: apparently IOS has the same thing going on? https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/4od6r4/60_fps_glitch_ios/ weird

Yeah, I've been noticing that for a while. Usually I can't even tell the difference between 30 and 60 fps but for this game every once in a while it'll just look gorgeous and fluid.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
I dont get how and why it happens either on my phone, Its faster than my old one thats for sure at least.

Plays the same though, even if animations for stuff goes faster

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Just had a near-perfect 24s clear of living flame; desire to dive Shelke waning

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

fridge corn posted:

Just had a near-perfect 24s clear of living flame; desire to dive Shelke waning

What kind of team comp?

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

Last year I broke my iPhone 6S and had to go back down to an iPhone 4 for a few months. That was torture. I stopped doing any fights that weren't events/timed - no dailies, dungeons or Torments because it took literally a half hour to do a single fight.

Then I jumped from a 4 to an 8+ and I don't even see loading screens 75% of the time.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Combo posted:

What kind of team comp?

OK: pUSB
Bartz: USB
Tidus: USB
Yshy: BSB
Rikku: USB, BSB

Rikku is really kinda dead weight here and obviously where I'd slot Shelke in if I dived her. I guess I could craft another sapphire shot for her to provide a bit extra damage but ehh I can consistently get a 28-29s clear with this team providing I don't cop too many counter blazes early on. This 24s clear was where pretty much every twin cast proced and had enough counter blazes (but not too many!!) to get the USBs up a bit earlier.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Speaking of Liquid Flame, finally improving some times on him:

Who even needs Wall. Or Protect. Or Shell...actually, I used Shellga in this one since Counter Firas suck. This should be able to get sub-20 as this clear had input errors, a single Rydia doublecast, and the boss being a jerk and completely stripping blinks off Yuffie.

One day Vanille will survive, though I guess if anyone could die, it should probably be her as it doesn't impact clear times.

Parasol Waddle Dee
Oct 30, 2012

Waddle waddle.
Yeah, probably should answer a couple really informative replies to my Garnet/Yuffie query.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Garnet with her BSB2 would really solidify a mage lightning team for you. It provides a stacking MAG buff and a Lightning Imperil on top, plus her Summon Mode CMD2 actually has a pretty respectable potency on it (1310 over 5 ST Hits, Valigarmanda is 1650 over 3 AoE). On top of all that it has an emergency heal available for tapping CMD1 with Summon Mode on if poo poo hits the fan. Her dive itself is also really good giving her SUM damage and a good Trance Mode that's the same as Terra's (25s of quickcast).

Yuffie on the other hand is a really potent ninja, especially for water. She's really strong now but her huge power spike comes from her USB2 and FSB that will come in the next festival. Her USB2 is a better version of Edge's and her FSB is an instant Phys Blink 2 and 15% Ninja Boost (and the blinks stack with other blink sources). The former makes her one of the strongest water damagers in the game rivaling Tidus and the latter just makes her a stupidly potent ninja in any of the available elements (dark, water, earth) you need.

Yeah, the idea of LDing Yuffie stems mainly from wanting to improve my Dark and Earth game by proxy of ninjapremacy. As of now, she compliments Tidus and Bartz well (that instant Imperil Water is a bit of a sleeper hit and Yuffie is a very fast PC, helping her get it online quicker), at least. Garnet... man, she theoretically could be a one-stop shop buffer that can also sprinkle in offense and I actually considered using her that way, but now I'm considering how she helps my Lightning game specifically a bit further. With her Trance, CMD1 => CMD2 spam would actually be damage-efficient and a 13.10 mult on a five-hit command is actually high-profile DPS if you're so inclined. I really wish we already had Hastega, since I could actually have her juggle DPS and buffing entirely through her SBs with an Entrust bot feeding her gauge so she can stack together Trance Ramuh and Trial by Lightning, then running cmd 2 ad nauseum, add a couple Allegro con Mottos here and there while a dedicated healer provides Hastega. This would play well off Desch, too, who can Wrath and has a quickcast+Imperil USB.

iamsosmrt posted:

I have Garnet's BSB2 and never found her to be that useful. It'd probably be a different story if she had White 5 access, or if her buff stacked more (atk/mag is very common these days). Heck, if she had Black 5 access, this might even be different. As it is, she's OK if you either really like her or really try to fit her into your team. I think ultimately she's a jack of many trades but master of none. Lightning is also by far my best element so that could be skewing my experience.

The main saving grace I see from her now is that she has ACM access. It's a really good ability and could unleash the potential of any magic team. But I'm just not sold that you wouldn't be better off with a true healer and/or a full-on mage. Her LD could be good, though whether she's worth the effort of developing a trance strategy seems questionable. Anyway, you could definitely make her work for you, so best of luck.

On Yuffie, I've been preaching about her for the past week. BSB2 is actually really really good when coupled with Raging waters. It's instant imperil and she acts fast as heck in general. My personal Living Flame results appear to be as good as most standard Tidus Chain results even though I'm just relying on her and Bartz. She's only getting stronger again in the near future. However, if you're not hurting for her strength to push you over the top, it's probably best to wait.

Truth of the matter is both of them are currently luxury options. I have a sub-20 on Liquid Flame and my setup requires minimal execution (Tidus CSB into BSB2 spam with his LMR isn't rocket science and delivers unhealthy amounts of damage), I have a perfectly reliable sub-30 setup on Bismarck running Rapha, Desch, Shelke, Aphmau and Ashe. The main matter is that the latter quite likely won't be enough for a clean run on Kraken, since Bismarck I already run in a sorta gimmicky manner (mainly entrusting Rapha so she can use her BSB turn two after splashing her USB). While Marilith... man, I've actually seen sub-30 Marilith videos where the player just applied Tidus' chain and had two Entrusters feed him bars for spamming his BSB2 all day.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
If you have both her BSB2 and USB, you can actually skip her CMD1 since it's more efficient to just go straight into CMD2 spam.

Honestly if I can sub-30 Bismarck with her (and I actually tried it after downgrading Vivi to Braska, still worked), it shows that she's a very competent damage dealer if you have the right relics. BSB2 is almost mandatory though given the low hit count on summons.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Gah I have officially sub-30d every magicite except for Hydra, which I beat in 30.99 seconds lol.

I think I'll be able to nail it once the earth spellblade ability shows up, or the earth ninja magic. What's the ETA on those, anyway?

Parasol Waddle Dee
Oct 30, 2012

Waddle waddle.
The 4-hit Spellblade ability’s right around the corner: the Type-0 event next week or so. The Ninja earth tech is a while away, coming with Xezat and Kelgar in about two or three months.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

iamsosmrt posted:

Someone's managed to Sub30 the new Torment at highest difficulty. It looks... Honestly kinda tedious. I might have to draw the line there. Having to land over 300 quick casts hits on something to beat it at all, let alone in 30 seconds sounds kind of awful.

ahahaha he drops a dualcasted assault saber for 9k * 10 and the hp bar barely moves. loving hell dena

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Gah I have officially sub-30d every magicite except for Hydra, which I beat in 30.99 seconds lol.

I think I'll be able to nail it once the earth spellblade ability shows up, or the earth ninja magic. What's the ETA on those, anyway?

ETA for the Earth Quadstrike is in one or two weeks from now depending on the fact the XIV event might swap timestamps with the Type-0 event the Spellblade debuts in.

Expect the Earth Ninja Physical Blink set sometime on Mid-to-Late February.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Prav posted:

ahahaha he drops a dualcasted assault saber for 9k * 10 and the hp bar barely moves. loving hell dena

Yeah this is ridiculous. If 2million+ hp is where they're going they should've just expanded on the Cloud USB meta. Interesting meta and play styles are one thing, chaining a few hundred hits together just to scratch a boss is just blah. It's like watching your FFVII team spam knights of the round over and over again.

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?
Is the Dressed to the Nines draw worth it for someone with a couple weeks played? I only have Cloud of Darknesses’ USB and Yuma’s SSB (Dragons Roar) as five+ star equipment.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

synthetik posted:

Is the Dressed to the Nines draw worth it for someone with a couple weeks played? I only have Cloud of Darknesses’ USB and Yuma’s SSB (Dragons Roar) as five+ star equipment.

Given it's SSB/LMR+ and has a somewhat wide pool, I'd say probably not. That's not to say there isn't strong stuff possible from it (like Lightning USB) but it's not worth the risk of getting dud LMRs or SSBs. Both the Onion Knight banner and the Water Pickup are stronger banners, especially if you don't really have anything yet.

EDIT: Oh and absolutely do the Lucky Draw if you haven't, half price pulls are always worth it for new players.

YoshiOfYellow fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jan 21, 2018

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
I cannot stress enough how absolutely terrible fake lucky banners like Dressed are. Spend on OK (assuming few dupes), Water, Type 0 next week, Orlandeau in 3 weeks, and the 3rd fest that comes immediately after. For Type 0 you may want to hold off as well, but Deuce is an extremely potent healer and her banner has all her toys.

And yeah always do the monthly Lucky Draw!

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
The new torments out in japan look like really boring hp sponges that test whether you've lucked into the right relics and farmed enough hones more than anything else.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Pretty sure the LD is already over

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?
Thanks guys. I’m still working in building levels and stamina. I did the lucky draw, that’s where I got Cloud of Darkness’ weapon. I had to figure out who the hell that was.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The waifu banner is especially bad because it's SSB+ for roughly half of the characters in the entire game. There's a ton of garbage in that pool. I guess that's slightly better than the newcomer banners, which still have Uniques in them. A lovely SSB is still +10 main stat.

My rule of thumb is never pull on a full price banner that doesn't have a scrolling list of relics.

Parasol Waddle Dee
Oct 30, 2012

Waddle waddle.

ApplesandOranges posted:

If you have both her BSB2 and USB, you can actually skip her CMD1 since it's more efficient to just go straight into CMD2 spam.

Honestly if I can sub-30 Bismarck with her (and I actually tried it after downgrading Vivi to Braska, still worked), it shows that she's a very competent damage dealer if you have the right relics. BSB2 is almost mandatory though given the low hit count on summons.

I remember some mathcraft on Garnet’s BSB2 that showed running her CMD2 straight instead of CMD1 => CMD2 indeed isn’t efficient -unless- you can get more than five turns in Burst Mode or you can actually continuously chain Burst modes onto themselves. It may be worth trying it out with some quickcast or instacast action, and Garnet can actually use Allegro con Moto herself... and then, I also have OK’s mUSB to compliment this. It’s even kinda funny how wide open my options for mag-stacking have become just by virtue of having it. I’ll have to give her another go on Bismarck to see how well she can replace Ashe, who feels like the least flexible slot on my Lightning magic team.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Part of the problem is that the entry does no damage itself; just another stack of Imperil, which is nice but has diminishing returns really. So early re-entry is just for upkeep of the Burst Mode.

For what it's worth, Gathering Storm + Trance makes her go ridiculously fast, even before stacking Allegro on top. And don't forget that she can also use Light Armour, and there are a few +Lightning options for that (like Ashe BSB).

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Fister Roboto posted:

The waifu banner is especially bad because it's SSB+ for roughly half of the characters in the entire game.

Not even close. It's only female characters that have Dress Records, incidentally corresponding to the event stages giving out said wardrobe records. This would be Rydia, Lenna, Celes, Tifa, Garnet, Yuna, Rikku, and Lightning. The pool is actually about 63 relics.

It's still not a good banner though just for the odds of getting outdated SSBs or LMRs for someone you don't have other relics for.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Speaking of uncurated banners it looks like at midnight PST we’re getting a gem only one. The twist being with each pull you get to select a LM, SSB or Unique relic after.

Apparently Sentinel’s Grimore is a questionable choice since it’s free in the replacement for missions coming in a few months. Y’shtola’s Stoneskin II also comes for free in the same missions update as a selectable option.

Off the top of my head I’m guessing top SSB options would be Noctis SSB and Edge SSB2.

The list of LMs in the JP version are here. The discussion about Bartz LM being overrated a few pages back was particularly timely.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/6sr5ee/dream_selection_jp_relic_draw_thread/

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Why do all of the Part 2 dungeons for this dressed to the nines event have such lovely rewards? It feels like it's barely even worth doing them.

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
Morus : Passiflora Edulis
Cherimoya : Castanea
Synsepalum+(Citrus x limon)
Monstera : L. chinensis
^ This is definitely the most busy-work filler stuff we've had in a while. Which is fine because I need to farm the crap out of the FF13 torment for black orbs.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Noctis SSB is also a thing you can pick up for free from the new mission system Library of Guidance. Though it will probably take 4+ months for it to come to our global which is quite a while.

The Crystal Tower lucky pulls will eventually move towards a format where after pulling on the trash banner you get to choose any SSB for the realms associated with that Crystal Tower meaning there will be options to pick up target Supers without paying money so LMRs will probably be the thing people are after here.

The actual pool of relics for the gem only pull is massive and odds of getting something good from that aren't high so don't expect much from the actual pull. Just think of it as paying for the selection and a free dupe Chaos Rod.

Unlike with mythril I can't advice if this pull is worth it, this is up to you since it's your money.

Personally I don't think one LMR is worth the asking price.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
The value of LMRs also obviously heavily depends on what you already have. Picking up a dualcast for a favorite character you have a good USB for or something is a knockout freebie. For other characters, their LMR isn't even necessarily better than their regular dive.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

Noctis SSB is also a thing you can pick up for free from the new mission system Library of Guidance. Though it will probably take 4+ months for it to come to our global which is quite a while.

The Crystal Tower lucky pulls will eventually move towards a format where after pulling on the trash banner you get to choose any SSB for the realms associated with that Crystal Tower meaning there will be options to pick up target Supers without paying money so LMRs will probably be the thing people are after here.

The actual pool of relics for the gem only pull is massive and odds of getting something good from that aren't high so don't expect much from the actual pull. Just think of it as paying for the selection and a free dupe Chaos Rod.

Unlike with mythril I can't advice if this pull is worth it, this is up to you since it's your money.

Personally I don't think one LMR is worth the asking price.

Good post. When it was two BSBs, of which Raines and OK were selectable, it was an easy $30 spend.

One LMR? I really want Noctis' and Lightning's, but this is a real hard sell.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Might be worth it for the OK materia if you have his USB?

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

It would, but it's doubtful that would be on the list :(

Parasol Waddle Dee
Oct 30, 2012

Waddle waddle.
The available LMRs available apparently go up only to Bartz USB debut event, with some possible odd outliers like Zack and Ingus LMRs, which were supposed to be released earlier but were skipped due to how Global handled the Super Fests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I'll just be here grinding 4* Wisdom Motes like a sorority sister at a bar.

• Locked thread