Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

There have been surprisingly few rangers on Dancing with the Stars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Al Borland Corp. posted:

There have been surprisingly few rangers on Dancing with the Stars

I'm surprised Jason David Frank hasn't tried getting on one of those shows

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

It's Dancin Time!

Ballet!

Viennese Waltz!

KI-UAHHH!

E: I've been watching the last few episodes of Goseiger and its really brilliant having Blade Run as a treacherous lackey binding all the different factions together. He's a drat good villain.

Blade_of_tyshalle fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jan 21, 2018

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

drrockso20 posted:

I'm surprised Jason David Frank hasn't tried getting on one of those shows

And for that, we're thankful.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

It's Dancin Time!

Ballet!

Viennese Waltz!

KI-UAHHH!

E: I've been watching the last few episodes of Goseiger and its really brilliant having Blade Run as a treacherous lackey binding all the different factions together. He's a drat good villain.

Definitely one of the most interesting villains in Sentai. The final episode arc of Goseiger is a really fun romp. My first time through I was shocked and then felt dumb. They did a great job with that.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Today on Power Rangers: the team gets a new weapon and Zedd employs psychological warfare. Neither of these things pan out in a satisfying fashion.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's time to use the mirror of regret!
What is the mirror of regret?
The mirror of regret

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Remember when Goldar was a genuine threat instead of having to rely on bad gimmicks like THE MIRROR OF REGRET?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He'll be a legitimate threat at least one more time. He solos Ninjor at one point. In more or less a fair fight. Just unfortunately Ninjor didn't have access to his more powerful form because it was American footage

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

The Mirror of Regret is in my bathroom, or at least it was this morning when I woke up on the floor with dried puke on my chin.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

What's the point of giving them the Dairanger cannon if they still have to shoot new footage of them using it? Just a new toy that's way less cool than a pile of swords?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Sockser posted:

What's the point of giving them the Dairanger cannon if they still have to shoot new footage of them using it? Just a new toy that's way less cool than a pile of swords?

New toys are new toys.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Sockser posted:

And it took ages to step up. If the monsters weren't just recycled footage at that point they might have just fallen asleep.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

JT Smiley posted:

And it took ages to step up. If the monsters weren't just recycled footage at that point they might have just fallen asleep.

...as opposed to the power blaster?

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
How did the suit actors see out of the Time Force helmets since the visor parts were a solid color?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rubiks Pubes posted:

How did the suit actors see out of the Time Force helmets since the visor parts were a solid color?

The stunt helmets are very different from the hero helmets

In that instead of zero visibility, they had little tiny bits of things to see from instead. Because suit acting is insane

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Tiny little perforations in the shots that are so far away you can't see them clearly. They may have removed the hard plastic entirely and gone with a colored mesh.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
So the “just acting” guys were basically blind? That is nuts.

Speaking of helmets I picked up the white ranger mini helmet today at Walmart. It’s pretty cool and I hope they make a full size one eventually.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

It comes up in Akibaranger, actually, that suit actors are essentially performing blind. And I remember watching a behind the scenes thing from Kamen Rider the First that they purposely break choreography into just a few moves per shot so their actors don't lose position.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!
Suit actors are terrifying beings who readily agree to fistfight each other in complete darkness and it is awesome.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Rubiks Pubes posted:

So the “just acting” guys were basically blind? That is nuts.

Speaking of helmets I picked up the white ranger mini helmet today at Walmart. It’s pretty cool and I hope they make a full size one eventually.

They showed how they see through one of the helmets on one of those Japanese panel shows not long ago. I forget which one it was, maybe Decade's, where the only visibility was two thin vertical slits between the eyes. So yeah pretty much they hide it as best they can on the shiny suits.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Today on Power Rangers: we see a fairly neat monster/gimmick, and Rocky proves he's at least as much of a dullard as Jason.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Rocky is the blandest character in the show until Samurai, maybe even MegaForce.

Or maybe this is foreshadowing to his terrible pachinko addiction?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Pachinko or no, it bothers me that someone decided to bring a Newton's Cradle to the juice bar.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

"You're Kimberly, my best friend". Aisha, you've known each other for like a month at best. That's a really fast-growing friendship.

Also Bulk and Skull keep being the best.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Sockser posted:

Rocky is the blandest character in the show until Samurai, maybe even MegaForce.

Or maybe this is foreshadowing to his terrible pachinko addiction?

Rocky at least becomes an actual character in Zeo. I honestly think they wrote him to be a complete goof and loser on purpose, and that’s what makes him endearing to watch.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think he kinda comes into his own in Season 3. Wizard for a day with him trying to be a teacher, and the football dyslexia episode both have some good Rocky in them.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Lizard Wizard posted:

...as opposed to the power blaster?

The power blaster also took forever, but at least it had a cool sequence to go with it.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Today on Power Rangers: Rocky gets ADD.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
This episode seems like the one where they simply gave up on trying to pretend the footage wasn't Japanese.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Ah yes, the one episode where Rocky had a personality.

And one with a lot of rhymes.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

This worked on my phone but when I tried to watch it on TV youtube have an error that it didn't support this video format. That's the only video of yours that's done that

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Zordon: "These new Putties are nearly unstoppable, Rangers!"
*Kim and Aisha beat one by gently caressing the Z on it's chest*

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

muscles like this! posted:

From a recent Power Rangers comic:

Relevant

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Why did Mary-Kate Ashley Olsen not use her Flash-like superspeed to stop 9/11? #askquestions

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Today on Power Rangers: the team, backed by an international coalition, make a TV appearance to talk about the importance of education. Don't think about it.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Because of course Tommy gets his own seat, and everyone else has to share one.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I thought the green ranger thing was just a silly edit :stare: this fucker's pushing journalism to the limits

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23GC_4gliOU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/PowerRangers/status/956285481745969159