Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

flatluigi posted:

Alanis Morissette should reprise her role as God.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

tin can made man posted:

If it's a shocker schur alumni I'd bet on Amy Poehler or Aubrey Plaza. Chris Pratt would be a bit of a coup too since iirc he hasn't returned to TV since becoming a star

He was in an episode of Mom.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
All of these suggestions are all so good in various ways!

I can't decide.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

All of these suggestions are all so good in various ways!

I can't decide.

shut up, Chidi

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

They could have God appear as different people from the different characters POVs

Stone Cold for Eleanor.
Bortles for Jason
Tahani's sister for Tahani's
And Chidi's keep switching between dozens of people

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jan 21, 2018

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Bonus points if Eleanor sees God as Tahani.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

tsob posted:

Bonus points if Eleanor sees God as Tahani.

"I think she's a goddess? Is she insanely hot, sure, but a goddess?! Actually... yeah okay."

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

My two favorite subtle jokes from this episode:

Dax had a fidget spinner

The band at the event in the museum was playing Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer.

And Jason is the best, as always.

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
That was a great episode, and I'm going to need a GIF of Shawn saying he's a naughty bitch ASAP.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm thinking that while "Janet becomes God" is a strong theory, there's also the possibility that the Janets were "made in God's image".

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Canned Panda posted:

Dax had a fidget spinner

The band at the event in the museum was playing Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer.

this loving show has so many missable gags

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

You know who I just realized it might be? Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Hear me out here. They've referenced Stone Cold twice this season, and typically jokes like that come in threes, with the first two acting as setup and the third as the absurd punchline. He's also not particularly busy, has acted in non-wrestling stuff before, and is someone that nobody would expect. I honestly think there's solid odds the judge is Stone Cold.

this is hilariously plausible

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

theflyingexecutive posted:

Also, Michael sacrificing himself is almost definitely good enough to get him into the good place

Yeah. This is probably how we'll see him again.

Or it's at least going to get him an appointment with the judge.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Reform a demon has to be worth a bunch of points.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

I like to think Rainn Wilson will be the judge. This show is incredible and Dax showing up was perf. (-500 points for using the word Perf)

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

swickles posted:

Its gonna be Bill Murray. They already got him for Parks and Rec.

P&R alum Werner Herzog.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

swickles posted:

Its gonna be Bill Murray. They already got him for Parks and Rec.

But they'll use that Marvel de-aging tech to make it Caddyshack Bill Murray.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

PCjr sidecar posted:

P&R alum Werner Herzog.

Maybe it will be councilman Jeremy Jamm. There will be a ‘you just got jammed’ reference.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014

Canned Panda posted:

Dax had a fidget spinner

There was also a poster in the train station advertising Pirates of the Caribbean: The Haunted Crows Nest Or Something Who Gives A Crap which drat near made me aspirate my sammich.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Jon Glaser as God is just too perfect

Hee-Yump!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Canned Panda posted:

Dax had a fidget spinner

I enjoyed Pirates of the Caribbean 6, now playing Forever.

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis

socialsecurity posted:

Reform a demon has to be worth a bunch of points.

I don't think the show will have them going to the actual Good Place as denizens for awhile, if ever, but if they were to do it at this stage, MichaelPoints would definitely be the way in. Like, the legal argument is that for the majority of season 2, Shawn and the top executive(s) of The Bad Place were under the impression that Team Cockroach was on Attempt #2. Once they hit Secret #3 and Michael took them rogue, they technically fell outside of the official purview of The Bad Place; during this period, they existed in a sort of statelessness, not part of either the Good or Bad Place, nor their mutually-recognized Medium Place. All dead humans exist in a Place. The argument could be made that since they were Placeless, they were not dead, and thus moral actions were once again eligible for point accumulation.

There's totally no way that would ever happen because it's silly but if it did I hope it'd be via a courtroom monologue by Nick Offerman or Andre Braugher as a simple country lawyer

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

are we still taking suggestions for the Judge? Sharon Stone.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Judge Judy Sheindlin

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Professor red boots

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
EDIT: You know what?
That comment was stupid and pointless. Nevermind.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jan 21, 2018

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

double nine posted:

are we still taking suggestions for the Judge? Sharon Stone.

megan mulalley

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

waitwaitwaitwait. I figured it out.

It's Statler and Waldorf

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

it's a-me, mario!

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

John de Lancie.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
"Weird Al" Yankovic.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Blake Bortles losing is all the proof I need to know we are in the Bad Place.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe

Klungar posted:

Blake Bortles losing is all the proof I need to know we are in the Bad Place.

The Bad Place, or just The Real Place That Works In The Way You Expect It To?

My pick for judge:

Judge Harry T. Stone.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I am rewatching season 1 and man Ted Danson is so good. Knowing the twist and watching it over is great, especially the episode where he is talking to Chidi about his indecisiveness, its clear Michael is actually torturing Chidi and loving it. I especially loved the part where he tries to use the frozen yogurt as substitutes for Elenors and Tahani and Chidi says "that actually worked!" and Michael is surprised. That surprise was more for Michael because he thought he would keep torturing him.

Also, when Shawn comes he says he is presiding over case number 000003. So Mindy was case #000001 or #000002, which means there is another person who the good and bad place had an argument over. I wonder if the real judge is that other person. A person so morally neutral that both sides saw him or her as the best, most fair way of resolving disputes.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
At least now Blake is free to film a cameo

:cry:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

swickles posted:

I am rewatching season 1 and man Ted Danson is so good. Knowing the twist and watching it over is great, especially the episode where he is talking to Chidi about his indecisiveness, its clear Michael is actually torturing Chidi and loving it. I especially loved the part where he tries to use the frozen yogurt as substitutes for Elenors and Tahani and Chidi says "that actually worked!" and Michael is surprised. That surprise was more for Michael because he thought he would keep torturing him.

Also, when Shawn comes he says he is presiding over case number 000003. So Mindy was case #000001 or #000002, which means there is another person who the good and bad place had an argument over. I wonder if the real judge is that other person. A person so morally neutral that both sides saw him or her as the best, most fair way of resolving disputes.

Taking everything Shawn says about the past cases as true (which I think is probably the case since they endeavored to use the truth as a smokescreen) Mindy is most likely #2 as her case happened 30 years previously and "judge" Shawn claimed he'd been in goo for 29 years. So I fully expect a payoff on case #1 at some point. I like your theory.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
#1 has to be Doug Forcett, right?

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH

swickles posted:

I've been watching again too, after introducing someone to it. I love when Michael takes Jianyu's hand on his chest when he's feeling low, and suddenly starts saying poo poo like "Oh yes, that's it! I get it! You're amazing" and stuff like that to him. He's totally loving with Jason right there and it's fun to watch.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Warren Moon, best #1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

The actual Pope will be the judge.

• Locked thread