Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Since I had some extra time today I wanted to see what I could do for LGD.

Ayaka
WoL
Soleil
OK
Tidus
OK

I never used Ayaka and WoL. They were mostly there for show due to everything being immune. Basically Schwert Dance, full speed bladeblitz x2 melted everything up to the boss. Then I Schwert Dance, Jecht Shot, Splendor of Water x2.

Considering redo-ing it to get that 20 spot for a 4 man team. I would farm it more if I felt it worth to toss some more tickets at this...I've already bought all the 4* tickets and almost all the vanilla tickets. Considering getting that dualcast just to have a second that I didn't have to grind my rear end off for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Dana Crysalis posted:

My LGD farm team:

Drace#1: Instrumental Flair and Apollo Harp for Hero's Rime
Vayne: World Destroyer
GLS: Soul Barrage x2
Drace#2: Pod
Drace#3: Pod
Friend Basch: covers Magic for the first round of the boss, boss dies second round

How do you manage MP on GLS? Sac'ing a bonus unit? Or does she have 600 MP+?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Anyone know a good load out for Vayne? It's far to find info for him.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
I've only run LGD 16 times, but by my approximation the increased bonus enemy rate in LGD is effectively bringing an extra +25% bonus unit. So if you have to bring fewer bonus units to be able to run LGD my current results indicate it is better to run ELT.

Assumptions I make:
1) MK bonus enemy rates are the same across events. I excluded the events with golden bombs or chocobos so I could use the in-game kill counter.
2) For rates 2 low-value bonus enemies = 1 high-value bonus enemy. (For Yensa, 1 bonus enemy = 1000 bonus currency.)

In the past 3 MK events I averaged around 1 bonus enemy / 5 ELT bosses, which would be 200 bonus currency per ELT boss in Yensa.
In my 16 runs of Yensa LGD I am averaging 1 bonus enemy / 2 LGD bosses, or 500 bonus currency per LGD boss.

200 bonus currency per ELT boss (25 nrg) = 8 bonus currency/nrg
500 bonus currency per LGD boss (40 nrg) = 12.5 bonus currency/nrg
It's 17 base currency/nrg for either ELT or LGD, so the difference of 4.5 bonus currency/nrg is about the same as an extra +25% bonus unit.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

dangerous.hotdog posted:

How do you manage MP on GLS? Sac'ing a bonus unit? Or does she have 600 MP+?

She has 550 MP. the first round only needs a singlecast Soul Barrage, as long as friendBasch uses Armor Eraser.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Could people with maxed out Balthiers add me please? I have three open slots. 935 075 853

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

hagie posted:

Considering getting that dualcast just to have a second that I didn't have to grind my rear end off for.

Getting around TMR grinding for any halfway decent one is probably a good thing.

I've gone from "gonna grind those Ludmilles out some day" to "gonna grind out those Ludmilles maybe if there's nothing else I need more."

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Anyone know a good load out for Vayne? It's far to find info for him.

People concerned with the meta don't seem to even be giving most non-5* units the time of day anymore. Almost as if the constant bitching (from the community in general, geez guys Global is a DIFFERENT GAME OKAY!?!?!1) puts them off and they do it for the recognition!

Anyway, Vayne definitely wants a fist weapon for those HP/MP bonuses, and some Camouflage so he doesn't bite it. Also, give him Rikku's Pouch or some other way to generate LB crysts. If you can, his ideal turn rotation would be LB > Perfect Defense (on your provoke tank) > repeat with maybe Eccentrick in there somewhere before the LB.

He's not a tank, he's a tank support. He wants to be buffing the team and shoring up defenses, and using his LB whenever he can. His non-LB damage mitigation skills target himself, so if you slap Golem on him you can tank in a pinch, but he's far more useful with his buffs and LB-unlocked defense skill than his offensive skills.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Dana Crysalis posted:

She has 550 MP. the first round only needs a singlecast Soul Barrage, as long as friendBasch uses Armor Eraser.

That looks pretty cool, I might try that out. Thanks.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I pulled Gladio, then Mystea, then Basch on this banner

I don't know if pulling Basch last and rendering both of those other two redundant was better or worse than if I'd pulled Basch first and then two less important tank units, but it would've been cool to get Balthier (or any other good 5*) instead?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

YriggsSA, your friend list is full so I cannot accept your invite.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Daily pull was TTerra #2 :woop:

Threw the 4* ticket at the banner because I was feeling lucky - Desch #3. I.. that’s actually one of the better results for me.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

If I remember right, I thought gl was going to get vp in February. Sooo, if that's correct, there's what, like a 0% chance of ours being step up banners then? :smith:

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
For all you Pod-privileged people, you can 1TKO the last boss in LGD with Bahamut, EVO MAG, and a SPR break allowing you to bring an army of lovely unleveled bonus units:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTueouMmuU0&t=81s

Cyberpope v2
Oct 26, 2002

by Lowtax

5 spots open for friends.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Cyberpope v2 posted:

5 spots open for friends.

You’re at capacity. Let me know if you free up some.

521,118,344 - Aleyce

I’m usually sporting OK, TGC, or event units.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

The inevitable FF9 event is also King Mog, correct? Anyone want to try and make sense of the banner schedule for February?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

BDawg posted:

521,118,344 - Aleyce

You're full too.

I'm not going to be able to TM grind during the current events, so I went through my friends list and deleted everyone who hasn't played in over a fortnight.

634,188,308 to be goonpals, I usually run a pretty good Trance Terra as a friend unit, subbing out for a pretty good Orlandeu, Randy, or 100% Evade Gilgamesh-killer Fohlen.

10 spots available.

My TMR grinding is currently to get Trance Terra as near BIS as I can (3 L&A, Victoria and Timothy TMrs, she's already using a Draco Spike and a Sorcery) and then to top off Orlandeu/Randi afterwards (Desch's earrings.)

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

You're full too.

I'm not going to be able to TM grind during the current events, so I went through my friends list and deleted everyone who hasn't played in over a fortnight.

634,188,308 to be goonpals, I usually run a pretty good Trance Terra as a friend unit, subbing out for a pretty good Orlandeu, Randy, or 100% Evade Gilgamesh-killer Fohlen.

10 spots available.

My TMR grinding is currently to get Trance Terra as near BIS as I can (3 L&A, Victoria and Timothy TMrs, she's already using a Draco Spike and a Sorcery) and then to top off Orlandeu/Randi afterwards (Desch's earrings.)

I’ll try to free up some spots and add later, when I’m not TMRing.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Does the story event have an effective way of farming both Tech and Power Heavicrysts? Would love to enhance my other Aileen for no-friend chain fun.

Related question: Is E.Aileen a good friend unit, or should I just stick to Orlandeau / DV?

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Skyridge posted:

The inevitable FF9 event is also King Mog, correct? Anyone want to try and make sense of the banner schedule for February?

No it’s hosed up real good now

Cobalt60 posted:

Does the story event have an effective way of farming both Tech and Power Heavicrysts? Would love to enhance my other Aileen for no-friend chain fun.

Related question: Is E.Aileen a good friend unit, or should I just stick to Orlandeau / DV?

The last tier drops plenty of heavies - it’s likely equivalent to doing 6 runs in the chambers but you have quite a bit higher chance of getting giants to boot.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I clicked on "do 11-pulls until you get a 5*" on the roll simulator and it was harrowing

quote:

Attempts = 19
Lapis used = 95000
5★ (1) = Basch

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

wizard on a water slide posted:

I clicked on "do 11-pulls until you get a 5*" on the roll simulator and it was harrowing

I did my daily today and got Basch. I think I'm good with pulls for a while.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Holy poo poo this thing is terrible why did you tell me it existed

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Acelerion posted:

Holy poo poo this thing is terrible why did you tell me it existed

If you ever want to convince yourself not to do 11s just visit that tool and see some of the soul crushing series of pulls you can get just trying to chase the rainbow dragon.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Attempts = 1
Lapis used = 5000
5★ (1) = Jiraiya
4★ (1) = Vayne
3★ (9) = Heltich, Larsa, Lani, Mustadio, Larsa, Scarmiglione, Shantotto, Guromu, Sabin

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Kheldarn posted:

Attempts = 1
Lapis used = 5000
5★ (1) = Jiraiya
4★ (1) = Vayne
3★ (9) = Heltich, Larsa, Lani, Mustadio, Larsa, Scarmiglione, Shantotto, Guromu, Sabin

That’s way worse than 19 and Basch.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Attempts = 1
Lapis used = 5000
5★ (1) = Emperor
4★ (0) = 
3★ (10) = Larsa, Elle, Golbez, Gau, Larsa, Shera, Ingus, Kefka, Xiao, Amarant

I then hit the button like 10 more times after this and only one took more than 3 attempts to get a rainbow. At least half of them were first attempt.

Skyridge fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jan 22, 2018

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I pulled Loren this morning. Which is kind of amusing since I pulled Gilgamesh last week. The two versions of DW+ in one week! Would be nice if they were actually useful as units though.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Khisanth Magus posted:

I pulled Loren this morning. Which is kind of amusing since I pulled Gilgamesh last week. The two versions of DW+ in one week! Would be nice if they were actually useful as units though.

You’re half way to the eventual best breaker in the game. 7* Loren has basically permanent uptime on 74% AoE full break.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Skyridge posted:

its not even worth guessing because there's Chinese New Year and Valentines Day and who knows what global exclusive junk they'll make for it.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.

Tengames posted:

its not even worth guessing because there's Chinese New Year and Valentines Day and who knows what global exclusive junk they'll make for it.

Yun/Ling/Xiao enhancements? Another shot at Yun would be cool, and I'm kinda curious to think what they could do with enhancements for Ling to make her useful again.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

hamburgers in pockets posted:

Yun/Ling/Xiao enhancements? Another shot at Yun would be cool, and I'm kinda curious to think what they could do with enhancements for Ling to make her useful again.

Sumptuous Kitty Grande! Nurse Ariana! Lustrous Ariana! Etc

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Spreadsheet has been updated.

Full list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pzD9FLe60JW64CytiSiYqCZ2JjWScunjQpb2lmSw_Ok/htmlview

Current banners and Top 25:

Varance fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Jan 22, 2018

Cyberpope v2
Oct 26, 2002

by Lowtax

BDawg posted:

521,118,344 - Aleyce

Added you and some guy named VictusSA

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

hamburgers in pockets posted:

i think if they bump her breaks up to 60% or around there and made them last five turns that would at least give her a niche. i suspect they'll try to turn her into a weird evade tank though.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

AoE 60% multi stat breaks are the realm of 7* you wont see that from a unit yet specially when CG lid is still aways off and all she gets are aoe 50%s

I like how t.terra keeps edging slowly to the top of altemas rating. I think she was at 94 or 95 when 7* first came out

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Jan 22, 2018

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I think 3 turn/50% breaks wouldn't be too out of line for Ling. Maybe something to up her abysmal HP and a better mana restore and I think she'd be pretty awesome again.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

hamsystem posted:

I think 3 turn/50% breaks wouldn't be too out of line for Ling. Maybe something to up her abysmal HP and a better mana restore and I think she'd be pretty awesome again.

Dance of death still owns in arena

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
For sure. Ling was a staple of my arena team for a long time and was almost entirely responsible for my first 100 streak. She just has a few obvious weaknesses that could easily be fixed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
Speaking of Arena, I am really enjoying my two newly-enhanced Fohlens in Arena this week. I am a big fan of Bladeblitz+0 in particular, since the "No Buffs" condition disabled his Vortex+2, so I'm really glad I enhanced both of those skills. The best part is that Bladeblitz was so cheap to enhance, in fact, it required nothing whatsoever!

Still seems to do the job on Repeat with two Ashes.

• Locked thread