Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
I loved Frank screaming at Dr. Forrester in the Unhappy Meal sketch.

"THE BOX, Frank!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
There's a bit in 'Zombie Nightmare' where the entirety of the skit is that Crow is minding his own business and Tom abruptly runs him over with a car. It struck me precisely right the first time I saw it and now it delights me every time.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Three stick out in my mind at the moment:

1) In 'I Accuse My Parents,' the segment where the bots draw their ideal families. "My mom is Hayley Mills, my dad is Gigantor, and my mom is Peggy Cass."

2) Mike and the bots' cheesy political 'satire' revue.

3) Aaron Spelling's house.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Four words: Master Ninja Theme Song!!

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008
Hired! The Musical!

Most of my favorite Invention Exchanges are Mad-centric: the Tough Loveseat, Johnny Longtorso, and of course, Deep Hurting.

Tom's Death Ray never gets old. "I gotta admit, it is pretty funny..."

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Senior Woodchuck posted:

For all that Invasion of the Neptune Men is a slog of a film, I dearly, dearly love "Noh Theater".

"I get it, Mike" makes me laugh like you wouldn't believe.

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer

Narsham posted:

Hired! The Musical!

I love watching Joel try not to lose it whenever Gypsy sings "ZEEEEROOOOOOOOOO" :newlol:

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Artsygrrl posted:

I love watching Joel try not to lose it whenever Gypsy sings "ZEEEEROOOOOOOOOO" :newlol:
I think you'll find that the best Gypsy singing sketch is this one: https://youtu.be/kwThYiKre7E

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
Another great moment. The sound of her smashing into the "harp" made it golden.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
"This is gonna happen when you serve tuna wiggle for lunch" is such a quality riff

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.

flatluigi posted:

All the host segments from Santa Claus Conquers the Martians are fantastic, and Crow's gift request of "I wanna decide who lives and who dies" is one of my favorite lines in the whole series.

I may have asked this before but I don't recall getting feedback. Could this be a Dickens reference?

Scrooge’s Third Visitor posted:

Will you decide what men shall live, what men shall die?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

One of my favorite riffs is definitely "Very erratic" from Riding With Death.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
From Godzilla vs Megalon (I think)
Joel: I see your monster is familiar with Frost.
Crow: Yeah... And he sprays it like icy death from his bloody stumps!

And the dog food commercial from Mighty Jack gets me every time
I'm Mighty Jack! I make my own gravy! Haaaa!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

muscles like this! posted:

One of my favorite riffs is definitely "Very erratic" from Riding With Death.

"Sam, my papers appear to have exploded"

"time to take a pinch hit and put on a little deep purple"

"comin' up on your mudflaps good buddy"
"ew!"

god i love that episode

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Narsham posted:

Most of my favorite Invention Exchanges are Mad-centric: the Tough Loveseat, Johnny Longtorso, and of course, Deep Hurting.

Johnny Longtorso was probably the most realistically evil thing the Mads have ever done.

Also, Frank could barely keep himself from cracking up when they sang his theme song.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

The Twinkie Czar posted:

I may have asked this before but I don't recall getting feedback. Could this be a Dickens reference?

Also Tolkien.

Gandalf posted:

Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

precision posted:

"ew!"

god i love that episode

WAHOO! Oh, sorry, that's inappropriate.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Sam, I'm blown to several thousand bits but I've got to finish these patent papers!

Riding with Death owns, yes

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Speaking of Master Ninja, there's a MeFi thread about The Master where you can catch all the episodes.

There's like 3 or 4 more episodes in that list if they ever got the rights! Diana Muldaur as MacCallister's love interest!?!

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Command Ant posted:

Johnny Longtorso was probably the most realistically evil thing the Mads have ever done.

Also, Frank could barely keep himself from cracking up when they sang his theme song.

Hell, it ended up being a model for the modern video game industry.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

HopperUK posted:

There's a bit in 'Zombie Nightmare' where the entirety of the skit is that Crow is minding his own business and Tom abruptly runs him over with a car. It struck me precisely right the first time I saw it and now it delights me every time.

This one is my version of that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsA0YeOPXI8

Jet Jaguar posted:

Four words: Master Ninja Theme Song!!

BA BA-BA BA BAAAAAA

vvvv EDIT: God bless you sir vvvvvv

Rev. Bleech_ fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Jan 21, 2018

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGvXE7VI2Dg

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
During a particularly odd time in my life, I lost everything and had to live in a "hotel" where you got a room with a sink and a fridge and a shared bathroom down the hall. No internet possible or nearby for me to piggyback off of, and I was rarely home during that time (for obvious reasons, I think, including "dealing with my crackhead neighbor thinking we were good friends"). I kind of had to sleep there though, most nights, so I'd come home drunk and all I had were a handful of MST3K episodes, one of which was Master Ninja I.

I think I have probably watched it about 30 times.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Been watching season 11 at a slow pace. Just finished Yondary.

I wish the new voice of Tom Servo was a bit deeper. Not only would it be more recognizable, but it would help differentiate him from Jonah.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Where is news I can use on season 12?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

precision posted:

"ew!"

god i love that episode

Abby's some gal! :v:

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Junkie Disease posted:

Where is news I can use on season 12?

All we know is it’s coming. If I had to guess I’d say this fall but that’s pure speculation.

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
I only hope that we get more movies with uncomfortable looking bell bottoms, because Riding with Death certainly provided some.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Ah, the rare male camel toe.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
No...? It can't be...?? YER DEAD!

No I'M....nOOOT!

...No...it can't bEEE...you're invisibLLEEE??

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Zesty posted:

Been watching season 11 at a slow pace. Just finished Yondary.

I wish the new voice of Tom Servo was a bit deeper. Not only would it be more recognizable, but it would help differentiate him from Jonah.

I agree. I appreciate Season 11, but it doesn't hook me like older MST3k. I think Season 12 would benefit from slowing down everything about 25%. The riffs are way too fast(this does get better later in the season) and the host segments feel frantic. I love Crow's voice, but seriously dislike Servo's.
I'm very glad it was renewed, and hope everything gets a bit better.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Baron is OK as Servo once you get used to him, which is about as good as you could hope for after the irreplaceable Kevin.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
All this talk about great host segments and nobody mentions the Canada Bashing Song or Tom Servo's Death Ray (which he has only for peaceful purposes?)

As far as continuing bits, I always liked "Mike, Destroyer of Worlds." I liked how the Bots went from horrified at first, then they were just kind of annoyed the second planet Mike destroyed, then they were just angry when Mike did it a third time.

But look, all I'm saying is that I appreciate someone telling those stinky, lousy, Francophonic bacon-loving bastards that they're country is a piece of --

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Reposting because I'm a monster who enjoys making you all cry:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6-4ssFHryM

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

Cemetry Gator posted:

All this talk about great host segments and nobody mentions the Canada Bashing Song or Tom Servo's Death Ray (which he has only for peaceful purposes?)

Narsham posted:

Tom's Death Ray never gets old. "I gotta admit, it is pretty funny..."

Bicyclops posted:

...as do most of the musical numbers from the Sci Fi years. Tom getting madder and madder at Canada is good stuff.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Cemetry Gator posted:

As far as continuing bits, I always liked "Mike, Destroyer of Worlds." I liked how the Bots went from horrified at first, then they were just kind of annoyed the second planet Mike destroyed, then they were just angry when Mike did it a third time.

oh most definitely.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Currently watching The Incredible Melting Man, and the host segments are a great reminder of just how bitter they were about dealing with the studio for MST3K: The Movie.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
it will never stop being hilarious the MST3K the Movie is shorter than the actual episodes.

Also, This Island Earth definitely falls into the category of "kind of a good movie". I've certainly watched it straight and enjoyed it. Plus, as they say in Dazed and Confused, "The Professor is sexy". :allears:

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Clayton with the water cooler jug: "Mother, I think I can get my whole head in here."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

The new live movies, I need them now