Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

ultravoices posted:

some queer people are indeed manhunting faggots and proud of it.

Yes but trans women who like men aren't gay so it's a double slur when applied to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?

cis autodrag posted:

Yes but trans women who like men aren't gay so it's a double slur when applied to them.

maybe you shouldn't be tossing out that particular slur with such relish if you are not a member of that category, then.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

ultravoices posted:

maybe you shouldn't be tossing out that particular slur with such relish if you are not a member of that category, then.

Was it not clear I was satirically speaking from the viewpoint of people who call trans women traps?

And I'm 100% gay BTW. But for women.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

cis autodrag posted:

manhunting human being with a pretty face

mods plz, i would like this namechange

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

cis autodrag posted:

Was it not clear I was satirically speaking from the viewpoint of people who call trans women traps?

neither of those things make the use of a slur ok, hth

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?

cis autodrag posted:

it's not your word.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
I gotta disagree on that one, but I won't do it in here if it makes people uncomfortable.

But I gotta say that I've seen a lot of the gay folks in here make jokes out of trans stuff and I took it as satirical support and it kinda sucks I don't get the same courtesy.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

ultravoices posted:

it's not your word.

I've been called one plenty by people who feel I'm a weird man. So has every other trans woman in the world.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

cis autodrag posted:

I've been called one plenty by people who feel I'm a weird man. So has every other trans woman in the world.

Same, it's common enough that Laura Jane Grace worked it into a song.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Glazier posted:

Same, it's common enough that Laura Jane Grace worked it into a song.

Queer punk is the only real punk in the modern day. Against Me! Is doing God's work.

Also grrr at pwr bttm for turning out to be jerks who used their nonbinary identities to sexually harass a bunch of people. I liked their album so much but I can't listen to it anymore because they get money if you stream it.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

cis autodrag posted:

Queer punk is the only real punk in the modern day. Against Me! Is doing God's work.

Also grrr at pwr bttm for turning out to be jerks who used their nonbinary identities to sexually harass a bunch of people. I liked their album so much but I can't listen to it anymore because they get money if you stream it.

:agreed:

I came to them through my official coming out band Axis of Awesome, and I see why Jordan loves them :)

vvv I did not, that's cool! vvv

Gynocentric Regime fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jan 21, 2018

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Glazier posted:

:agreed:

I came to them through my official coming out band Axis of Awesome, and I see why Jordan loves them :)

I assume you know Jordan is a goon? That's right, sa has its very own trans minor celebrity.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
remember when deadmau5 modded gbs lol

why can't any cool celebs post here

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Improbable Lobster posted:

remember when deadmau5 modded gbs lol

why can't any cool celebs post here

If you were famous would you want the worst of GBS or CSPAM tied to your name forevorially?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

cis autodrag posted:

If you were famous would you want the worst of GBS or CSPAM tied to your name forevorially?

good point

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Lots of d&d goons have been posting about running for local office lately and saying right on the forums what districts they're running for and I just don't see a way that doesn't come up in their campaigns.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

cis autodrag posted:

Lots of d&d goons have been posting about running for local office lately and saying right on the forums what districts they're running for and I just don't see a way that doesn't come up in their campaigns.

That's pre-Trump talk, now nothing you do matters!

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Glazier posted:

That's pre-Trump talk, now nothing you do matters!

It still matters for libs. Just look at how eager liberals are to disown Chelsea Manning because of two photos of her standing near alt-righters with no other context provided.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

cis autodrag posted:

It still matters for libs. Just look at how eager liberals are to disown Chelsea Manning because of two photos of her standing near alt-righters with no other context provided.

True, as I said in the other thread though, I'm conflicted about the whole thing. I wouldn't get close enough to touch those people unless I was going to punch them so it's not a good look to me 😕

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

cis autodrag posted:

tbf that poo poo doesn't come up at all until you're way past local office. at worst it becomes an "open secret"

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

tbf that poo poo doesn't come up at all until you're way past local office. at worst it becomes an "open secret"

Don't doxx my genitals

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

the whole "trap" thing strikes me as Extremely Online and also lacking in any sort of self-awareness
It is extremely online and what happens when people begin to understand their identities in a cesspool of edgelords and chasers.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Peeny Cheez posted:

It is extremely online and what happens when people begin to understand their identities in a cesspool of edgelords and chasers.

I don't think it's as online as folks are saying. The terminology is new, but minorities have been beaten into viewing themselves through the lense of their oppressors since time immemorial. The idea of reclaiming slurs is a philosophical response to that; the concept that by taking the tools of your oppression and making them the tools of your expression you can destroy the narrative they wish to inflict on you.

Unfortunately 4chan is a black hole for irony so trans people there are deluded into thinking they're reclaiming when they are are drifting into living the exact narrative their abusers have crafted for them.

macintoshplusplus
Aug 17, 2017

stay noided

cis autodrag posted:

Oh dang, thanks for introducing me to new music! Really good stuff

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

macintoshplusplus posted:

Oh dang, thanks for introducing me to new music! Really good stuff

i was a teenage anarchist is like my drat theme music

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

same person who was talking about traps now tells me she's constantly ranking herself in terms of cuteness and sex appeal relative to all the other transwomen she knows and i'm like "k you need to get the hell off 4chan cuz it's melted your brain" because that's absolutely a 4chan thing that /lgbt/ does all the time :sigh:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

ate all the Oreos posted:

same person who was talking about traps now tells me she's constantly ranking herself in terms of cuteness and sex appeal relative to all the other transwomen she knows and i'm like "k you need to get the hell off 4chan cuz it's melted your brain" because that's absolutely a 4chan thing that /lgbt/ does all the time :sigh:

I do this when I'm having a really sad brains day but wow it is not healthy to deliberately wallow in that. I wish I had any advice I could give on how to reel this poor girl back from the edge.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

cis autodrag posted:

I do this when I'm having a really sad brains day but wow it is not healthy to deliberately wallow in that. I wish I had any advice I could give on how to reel this poor girl back from the edge.

she's fully acknowledged that it's horrible and is aware that she's in need of mental health help real bad but she's also, well, unemployed, poor and lives in Florida soooo yeah. me and some other friends are working on helping her find a job and also help her with the whole "having enough money to eat" stuff so maybe things will get better soon :unsmith:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

ate all the Oreos posted:

she's fully acknowledged that it's horrible and is aware that she's in need of mental health help real bad but she's also, well, unemployed, poor and lives in Florida soooo yeah. me and some other friends are working on helping her find a job and also help her with the whole "having enough money to eat" stuff so maybe things will get better soon :unsmith:

I'm sure you've considered this, but I'll just put it out there that a lot of therapists bill on a sliding scale based on need and can be very flexible. My old therapist charged me $Texas but was very candid that she had clients she saw for $15 a session and a couple she even saw for free.

It could be an option for her if you can find someone like that in your area. Good luck, she's lucky to have a friend like you :unsmith:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

well, that was nice. one of my students emailed me before class starts tomorrow to tell me to call him $name instead of the one on the roster and to please stick with masculine pronouns.

helping makes me feel good

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Zamujasa posted:

this is basically exactly how i've been feeling for the last few years.

then i noticed i felt better when i took certain steps to change my outer appearance. it's nothing major: staying cleanly shaven as much as i can, long hair, using those goofy hair scrunchies. and then i started to put two and two together, and here i am.

I’m going to dip my toes in and change my hairstyle to minimize my massive widows peak and grow it out nicely. See how it feels. Shaving is such a pain in the rear end either way that I’m considering laser hair removal no matter what happens.

Also YouTube makeup tutorials are strangely enjoyable.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Sagebrush posted:

helping makes me feel good

Helping helping helping helping helping helping makes me feel good feel good feel good

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
[Sick beat.]

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
People were talking movies with gross twists before and I just remembered beyond the valley of the dolls. Roger every wrote it and it's praised as brilliant satire but it ends with the surprise twist that the crazy killer manager is a trans man (with boobs!) and the whole thing before that is kinda just a boob fest with a thin veneer if "ain't it sad what society does to these girls".

Either nobody updated their reviews after women and trans people became official human beings or the whole industry conspired to protect old Roger from the fact that he wrote a pos.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
If you're wondering, I have to sleep on my back for 5 more weeks and it's really loving with my sleep :(

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

cis autodrag posted:

Either nobody updated their reviews after women and trans people became official human beings or the whole industry conspired to protect old Roger from the fact that he wrote a pos.

I don't know about the industry but Roger himself was always pretty open about it being poo poo and that's why he never went back to writing for films, just about 'em

stramit
Dec 9, 2004
Ask me about making games instead of gains.

cis autodrag posted:

yep.

https://girlslivingoutsidesocietysshit.bandcamp.com/album/trans-day-of-revenge

i was pretty down when this group split, but they did it for understandable reasons.

TheManFromFOXHOUND
Nov 5, 2011
hi thread. i'm bi but i've been straight married for nearly 9 years and sometimes it feels like my sexuality is fake.

cis autodrag posted:

:siren:

okay, as promised here is the worlds longest post about gender and health care. i've posted most of this in varying forms in various threads, but since i posted this thread i owe some effort posting so here it is in post/essay form.

did you write a medium post along the same lines as this or am i having deja vu?

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

cis autodrag posted:

If you're wondering, I have to sleep on my back for 5 more weeks and it's really loving with my sleep :(

:( :glomp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

TheManFromFOXHOUND posted:

hi thread. i'm bi but i've been straight married for nearly 9 years and sometimes it feels like my sexuality is fake.

like fake as in nobody acknowledges bi people as existing ("you're just confused!") or fake as in you personally feel like a fake cuz you're married?