Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
You probably shouldn't play with the Crimson Court on the first time you try the game. Its good content but it makes the game significantly harder and will destroy you completely if you don't know the game.

loving crocs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

SeANMcBAY posted:

Hope and pray. I think it’s possible since Canvas Curse got a sequel.

They should just add Kirby and City Trial to MK8D.

I might settle for an HD remaster of the first Air Ride. It fits their split screen party game with simple controls for sideways joy con format so well.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
OK I did it

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3846985

Big City Drinkin
Oct 9, 2007

A very good

Fallen Rib
Is it OK to regularly leave my Switch charging for 2-3 weeks at a time? I don't play much, but when the mood strikes I don't want to have to deal with charging a dead battery first.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Big City Drinkin posted:

Is it OK to regularly leave my Switch charging for 2-3 weeks at a time? I don't play much, but when the mood strikes I don't want to have to deal with charging a dead battery first.

Dont worry about it.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Big City Drinkin posted:

I can't see how it's any different than just leaving it in the dock.

Big City Drinkin
Oct 9, 2007

A very good

Fallen Rib

Frankston posted:

I can't see how it's any different than just leaving it in the dock.

Yeah, good point. Thanks guys

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I want Dead Cells on my Switch.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Why would you want a damaged Switch? That’s just silly.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

The Bloop posted:

Figuring out the talkatoo glitch is way more satisfying than pressing A one hundred times

A thousand pages ago but THANK YOU. That was a breeze compared to getting those 100 jumps legitimately.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Fuzz posted:

I want Dead Cells on my Switch.

I too want MGS2 on Switch.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
There’s gotta be like a Switch Sports game in the pipeline along the lines of Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort, right? It seems like that’s a good pack-in game for a new retail packaging for Holiday 2018.

Basically, I miss bowling.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Mahoning posted:

There’s gotta be like a Switch Sports game in the pipeline along the lines of Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort, right? It seems like that’s a good pack-in game for a new retail packaging for Holiday 2018.

I just want a Mario Golf game with motion controls. Until then I’ll make do with Neo Turf Masters but I’ve been playing that game for like fifteen years.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Mahoning posted:

Super Beat Sports is kinda like that with some rhythm mixed in.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

SeANMcBAY posted:

I too want MGS2 on Switch.

Seriously, where's the MGS HD Collection, Konami?!

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Guy Goodbody posted:

Pretty much. 2 and 3 are on the Shield so we know it runs on a Tegra X1 just fine.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Guy Goodbody posted:

That doesn't sound like a pachinko machine...

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

I can't imagine anything other than bizarre pettiness is stopping Konami from making monies in porting that to Steam/PS4/Switch/etc

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

DLC Inc posted:

I can't imagine anything other than bizarre pettiness is stopping Konami from making monies in porting that to Steam/PS4/Switch/etc

Have they said anything about Metal Gear Survive recently?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

DLC Inc posted:

This is why I don't understand when companies dont port things. I can understand timed exclusives, but once a game is made, porting is usually not that hard, and it opens up a huge new market for you.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Guy Goodbody posted:

It’s about to come out and apparently it’s not a bad game from impressions I’ve been reading. That’s expected though with the great engine they got to start off on.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

They ported MGS3 to the 3DS for christ sake.

Robot Wendigo
Jul 9, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Caved in and bought a Switch. I picked up Zelda and Xenoblade and just have to decide which one to dedicate my free time to first.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

njsykora posted:

They ported MGS3 to the 3DS for christ sake.

I’d love to get that in HD and at 60fps since it’s exclusive new control and aiming scheme makes it the best version of the game otherwise.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I just realized, they could do a new Link's Crossbow Training with a Toy-Con Zapper!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Guy Goodbody posted:

The beta went up recently, and people seem to like it. Obviously, there's a ton of butthurt weirdos who swear that a new Metal Gear without Kojima is going to be awful, despite the fact that he didn't work on AC!D or Portable Ops, which were great.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I'm surprised there's no air hockey or something with an optional overhead view where you can play someone head to head with the joycons attached in portable mode a la those old table arcades. That'd be a pretty cool usage of the design.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Takoluka posted:

The beta went up recently, and people seem to like it. Obviously, there's a ton of butthurt weirdos who swear that a new Metal Gear without Kojima is going to be awful, despite the fact that he didn't work on AC!D or Portable Ops, which were great.

I'm sure it's fine but I have no interest in anything it's doing, also calling PoOps great is stretching credibility pretty far

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Should have summoned back the fire witch to the court of the crimson ki~ing

I appreciated this.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Takoluka posted:

Not to mention Rising which is among the best in the series

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm sure it's fine but I have no interest in anything it's doing, also calling PoOps great is stretching credibility pretty far

Yeah. I have zero problems with Konami repurposing MGS5 into whatever, since the framework they have to work with is great, but a wave defense base building thing is the last thing id want out of it.

Played the beta for like 20 minutes and I could not have hit the delete button faster

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Sakurazuka posted:

A goon on these forums broke his PSP in half trying to get through PoOps, and the reaction to that image is what makes the game great.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Robot Wendigo posted:

Caved in and bought a Switch. I picked up Zelda and Xenoblade and just have to decide which one to dedicate my free time to first.

I'd start with Zelda, but each game will easily get you 100 hours so jumping between them wouldn't be a bad idea.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Takoluka posted:

I think it's reasonable to object to Konami profiting off Kojima's creations after they screwed him over so bad, regardless of the quality of the game.

I actually liked Portable Ops and Ac!d, but "great" is a stretch...

Robot Wendigo
Jul 9, 2013

Grimey Drawer

THE loving MOON posted:

I'd start with Zelda, but each game will easily get you 100 hours so jumping between them wouldn't be a bad idea.

Fair enough, Zelda it is.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Robot Wendigo posted:

Zelda first. Xenoblade is fun and good but it could still benefit from a number of QoL patches which I believe will be on the way. Just all slowly and stuff.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Hammer Bro. posted:

Zelda first. Xenoblade is fun and good but it could still benefit from a number of QoL patches which I believe will be on the way. Just all slowly and stuff.

Truth. Getting into Xenoblade now means you don't have to put up with a lot of annoying UI jank you had to deal with at launch.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
I'm super glad that I've been able to put now about 100 hours into XC2 in a sweet spot: after they patched in better menu controls but before they patched out some of the voice clip insanity
https://kotaku.com/new-xenoblade-2-patch-gets-rid-of-the-games-funniest-li-1822249569

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
I’m loosely considering Xenoblade for when I finish Mario. One of the things keeping me on the fence is the QoL complaints. What kind of improvements are we talking about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Takoluka posted:

Won't somebody think of the corporations???

• Locked thread