Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

I was just using the Tenora myself and noticed that very careful, dainty reload. Tenora is a nice LMG style gun, too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

It's a stylish alternative to the Soma Prime. If you don't have a Soma P, build a Tenora!

TheMostFrench posted:

I just wish that when you got a resource booster as a login reward, you could choose when to use it instead of 'you have a few hours right now or you lose it'. If they're worried about people hoarding them, just don't let people keep more than one login booster at a time?

I found a rare chest today and got a free 1-hour exp boost. I didn't have any mastery fodder. :negative:

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

tried the quest to get a 'free' endo statue thing and boy is that time trial at the end a clusterfuck as someone who doesn't know the tricks, took me like 15 attempts to finish it. Got real good at speedrunning the map tho

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Captainicus posted:

I was just using the Tenora myself and noticed that very careful, dainty reload. Tenora is a nice LMG style gun, too!
I actually prefer it to the Soma Prime.

Fun thing about the Tenora reload is that the little spin you give the barrel at the end actually reduces the wind-up time pretty significantly if you keep the trigger held.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Tenoras only real downside is it requires a bit more forma cause it's not a prime so I think? It starts with no or only one polarity but it's a slick gun and I love the idea of having to reload my machine gun with a DD battery

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Indecisive posted:

tried the quest to get a 'free' endo statue thing and boy is that time trial at the end a clusterfuck as someone who doesn't know the tricks, took me like 15 attempts to finish it. Got real good at speedrunning the map tho

They're actually way more awful in that quest because they auto-fail you when they end. If you run into the time trial area in a normal derelict/void mission you can hang around to practice and learn the layout even after the timer shuts you off from the loot room.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i just use titania. it's all i use titania for.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired

Berke Negri posted:

Tenoras only real downside is it requires a bit more forma cause it's not a prime so I think? It starts with no or only one polarity but it's a slick gun and I love the idea of having to reload my machine gun with a DD battery

I had to put 7 formas in it.
Granted that was only the case because I have a riven for it, but its mod economy is terrible.

Flopstick
Jul 10, 2011

Top Cop

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i just use titania. it's all i use titania for.

Seriously, apart from her flying power, are any of her abilities worth a drat? I've not really found a use-case for them yet.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Flopstick posted:

Seriously, apart from her flying power, are any of her abilities worth a drat? I've not really found a use-case for them yet.

no, but her 4 can do a lot of damage if you mod it right. it's nice in poe.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Soothing Vapors posted:

I am happy the Kulstar exists because it provides the only real rationale for playing Nyx

can't blow yourself up if you literally can't die

She's a newbie-friendly crowd controller, so I use her for that. Still, I'm building the prerequisite weapon for Kulstar's blueprint right now for self-harm Nyx.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
I thought Titania was a cool concept, and then I was doing some defense mission where I built up a load of buff stacks from that one ability. Then I fell into a hole and all of the buffs were just wiped. Turning into a tiny archwing owns but I think that was a lead cause of me leaving Titania in a closet for months.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
While the Tenora might be a nice machinegun and have a nice, unique look, the best alternative for the crit-based fast firing Soma and Soma Prime is the Baza. The lower mag capacity is more than compensated by the fast reload speed and the lack of spin-up time. That it comes silenced by default is just a nice bonus on top. I replaced my Soma Prime with it even before I got my uber-crit Riven for it. Bazas are awesome, everyone should get one.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Feindfeuer posted:

While the Tenora might be a nice machinegun and have a nice, unique look, the best alternative for the crit-based fast firing Soma and Soma Prime is the Baza. The lower mag capacity is more than compensated by the fast reload speed and the lack of spin-up time. That it comes silenced by default is just a nice bonus on top. I replaced my Soma Prime with it even before I got my uber-crit Riven for it. Bazas are awesome, everyone should get one.

The nice thing about the Baza is that it's MR7, while the Tenora is MR10 and the Soma Prime is vaulted.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Flopstick posted:

5 stacks of Dust Tribute make you noticeably tankier as long as you keep range and keep moving. Once it's stacked up you only have to press it like every 2 minutes.

Spellbind is occassionally good for shutting down single tough enemies (Noxes come to mind)

Lantern is good if you hate your team and want to annoy them

super sweet best pal posted:

She's a newbie-friendly crowd controller, so I use her for that. Still, I'm building the prerequisite weapon for Kulstar's blueprint right now for self-harm Nyx.

It is loads of fun. I like Xandy's idea of using a sniper as her primary because you can take as long as you want to line up shots in your godmode, but I wind up always just taking the lenz or zarr for More Explosions

Flopstick
Jul 10, 2011

Top Cop
So, Kuva farming's a pretty loving stupid pain in the arse then. jfc

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

One time I had a kuva siphon spawn on the other side of a door that only opens when you rescue the hostage. By the time I got back to the siphon it was nearly full.

One time a kuva siphon spawned between two massive towers on Juptier, the kuva itself would spawn at the tops of those towers and try to take the elevators down. Naturally the clouds bugged.

Another time I found a siphon next to a simaris target. The target committed suicide upon seeing what kind of shitshow it got roped into. Not even kidding, this is like the third time I've had a simaris target off itself.

Kuva can suck a dick.

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

Eyespy posted:

Just installed the game today on PS4 after hearing glowing comments on multiple podcasts.

Who do I talk to about clan/guild/whatever membership?

Which podcasts? Just curious.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Cicadalek posted:

I thought Titania was a cool concept, and then I was doing some defense mission where I built up a load of buff stacks from that one ability. Then I fell into a hole and all of the buffs were just wiped. Turning into a tiny archwing owns but I think that was a lead cause of me leaving Titania in a closet for months.

Falling into holes removes all buffs in general. I remember being frustrated about that when I was playing through the starchart on my boy Rhino and losing the 50 energy I just spent on iron skin.
There are some tilesets where you can get the "you fell outside the map" effect just by bullet-jumping straight upwards in certain areas, which is especially annoying. (The sky is marked as a bottomless pit? What the heck?) But that might only happen if you have a bullet jump boosting mod.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

There are some tilesets where you can get the "you fell outside the map" effect just by bullet-jumping straight upwards in certain areas, which is especially annoying. (The sky is marked as a bottomless pit? What the heck?) But that might only happen if you have a bullet jump boosting mod.

No bulletjump boosting required and you also get respawned if you bulletjump across some gaps in that tileset. Grineer foundry or factory or whatever it was, but not the mining base.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Anyone mind sharing some Nova Prime builds? I've finally got her but never really understood how to play her.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

:getin:

I'm so ready to embrace Captain Codpiece.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Flipswitch posted:

Anyone mind sharing some Nova Prime builds? I've finally got her but never really understood how to play her.

always max duration. aside from that, there are three main builds - slow, fast, and warp. slow is positive power strength and makes mprime work normally. it caps at a fairly low strength, so you generally don't need more than intensify. fast is negative power strength, and it speeds enemies up instead. warp is for use in poe, and you max range for zooming across the map with wormhole. mprime is still more or less adequate that way, though not maximized.

the playstyle is incredibly simple- apply mprime to everything and keep your 1 up whenever possible since it gives your health damage resistance.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Flipswitch posted:

The 3 typical Nova setups are slowva, speedva, and a PoE teleport build.

You want as much duration as possible for a slowva/speedva build since unintuitively, that is what affects your 4's range. A slowva wants 145% strength for the slow cap, which you can get from intensify + power drift. Speedva wants negative strength, since that will speed up enemies.

Lowering your range can be nice because it means the orbs from your 1 rarely fire off, allowing them to stay by your side and grant you damage reduction. Low range will make your teleport kinda poo poo, though. You can also go max range for incredibly quick traversal over the plains, at the expense of being kinda bad at everything else.

Slowva is definitely the most generally useful of the bunch. I use Power Drift, Continuity, Narrow Minded, Intensify, Streamline, Constitution, Augur Message, Quick Thinking, and Flow.

Vargs fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jan 21, 2018

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

slow is positive power strength and makes mprime work normally. it caps at a fairly low strength, so you generally don't need more than intensify.
You actually want 145% strength to hit the cap, which is either intensify + power drift, or fleeting expertise with no intensify (if you're short on slots). With only intensify, enemies will be moving about 1.6x as fast as they would a max-slow build (60% slow/40% enemy speed vs 75% slow/25% enemy speed).

quote:

and keep your 1 up whenever possible since it gives your health damage resistance
This is only super useful if you have minimized range with Narrow Minded so your stars don't go flying off towards enemies all the time. Since the warp build wants high range and the speedva build uses Overextended to lower strength (and increase range as a side effect), this only works on the slowva build. Bonus tip: to make the best use of this effect, use the null star augment. Normally you can't re-cast null star until you have 0 stars left, so if you lose a few it takes forever until you can get back to the max number. The augment it lets you easily blow up the remaining ones and go up to 18 again.

Other general Nova tips: Slowing the whole map at once is super powerful, but on low-level defense missions it can make each wave take way longer and frustrate your teammates. In defense missions below ~sortie level, you're better off bringing a speed nova to get the enemies into murderin' range faster. Even the low-strength speedva makes every enemy take 200% damage.

Antimatter Drop isn't mentioned a lot but it's really good, especially if you have a shotgun deathcannon like Tigris. You cast it, shoot the ball to charge it up, and then when it explodes it kills the hell out of everything in range. Plus its explosion isn't affected by range-increasing or decreasing mods, so you can still use it to pretty good effect on any of the three main nova builds.

Flopstick
Jul 10, 2011

Top Cop
Hey if a riven mod requires me to complete a level with enemies >lvl 30, does that mean e.g. enemies level 25 to 35 would qualify, or is 30 a minimum?

Flopstick fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jan 22, 2018

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
The latter. You need a node that's "level 30 to X"

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
All speednova

All the time

:getin:

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Here's a weird thing: some Warframes have absurdly high detail/resolution normal maps. As far as I can tell all of the Prime ones do, as well as some non Primes, but at the same time recently released frames like Harrow are scaled with far more sanity and fit with the general resolution of the weapons.

E: Nezha's default helmet texture is the most bonkers thing I've found so far. I can't even see the mesh material at all with normal lighting levels and FOV.

turn off the TV fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jan 22, 2018

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Is hema good? I'm thinking yes, but i don't know if it's gimmick can replace the syndicate proc that does the same thing...

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Is hema good? I'm thinking yes, but i don't know if it's gimmick can replace the syndicate proc that does the same thing...

it's really not.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

It's a burst rifle. Bad. I even put a potato in it and it's just aggressively meh.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

lmao the hema can kill level 155 enemies handily without even a full build, what are you people smoking

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Johnny Joestar posted:

lmao the hema can kill level 155 enemies handily without even a full build, what are you people smoking

Triple element status build?

Farmer Jimbo
Mar 11, 2005

CC Plox.
This game appears to reward behaviors not usually tolerated under normal circumstances.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Johnny Joestar posted:

if you need neurodes then get someone to ferry you to eris for a few rounds. they still won't be raining from the sky but it's a lot better than praying for drops on earth.

I did two D missions on earth today, first one dropped 4 neurodes, second one dropped 5. Total waves: 30ish? So they're not a complete ballache to get.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
As I'm a ignorant newbie, and I think we have some more around (and smart ones!) any suggestions for good/early BPs to pick up from the clan labs?

Someone suggested the Guandao which looks cool. Are any of the clan researched frames good to pick up? And faintly buildable?

Apologies if this asked five pages ago.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Nezha is a really fast variant on rhino and super fun to play, you can get him in clan research.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Tylana posted:

As I'm a ignorant newbie, and I think we have some more around (and smart ones!) any suggestions for good/early BPs to pick up from the clan labs?

Someone suggested the Guandao which looks cool. Are any of the clan researched frames good to pick up? And faintly buildable?

Apologies if this asked five pages ago.

Banshee is an excellent support frame with sonar and, with the resonating quake augment, she a huge damage dealer CC monster. She is about the simplest frame to build you could ask for.

Sybaris is a great multipurpose rifle, and they are most likely going to give the upgraded version (Dex Sybaris) away for free as an anniversary gift around March 22nd.

Ignis is a flamethrower and that's all you need to know.

Jat Kittag is a rocket powered hammer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

Jat Kittag is a rocket powered hammer.

...with an augment mod that causes enemies you kill with it to explode and deal AoE damage based on their health to anything around them.

Yeah.