Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

FYI for anyone who has the Delta AMEX, I called about having them waive the annual fee since they jacked the MQD waiver, which they didn’t do but they offered 40k Miles or a $175 statement credit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I'm relatively young (I think) for the thread at 28 and a former athlete so whenever I travel and I need to reset my clock I'll just go workout until I'm physically exhausted. Than your body doesn't care at all. I travel with basketball shoes so I'll ball, hit an LA/YMCA (YMCA is 10bux and super clutch saved me so many times in lovely states) or use the hotel gym and run after.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
domestic adjustments are easy

Arzakon
Nov 24, 2002

"I hereby retire from Mafia"
Please turbo me if you catch me in a game.

ScooterMcTiny posted:

FYI for anyone who has the Delta AMEX, I called about having them waive the annual fee since they jacked the MQD waiver, which they didn’t do but they offered 40k Miles or a $175 statement credit

Did you call Delta or AMEX? I want free miles.

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

Arzakon posted:

Did you call Delta or AMEX? I want free miles.

AMEX actually - they offered the miles

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer

ScooterMcTiny posted:

AMEX actually - they offered the miles

Sweet, i have 2 AMEX cards. Gonna give this a try.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009
That's not a bad offer. Just as a data point I called the retention line for my Amex Plat, citing the increased annual fee, and they offered me 30k points/$300 stmt credit.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

domestic adjustments are easy

Yeah. Have a tired day or two and rebound?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Mandalay posted:

Any suggestion on the micro bead face mask? I have a cheap disposable one from my one CX F round trip that is wearing out.

I hate hotels where there are random lights (such as from electronics) that can’t be turned off easily.

I have some tennis racket cloth tape for sticking over thermostats and TV lights. Opaque and one layer cuts it right off.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Yeah I usually have a roll of hockey tape or carrying electrical tape is very easy

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

sellouts posted:

Yeah I usually have a roll of hockey tape or carrying electrical tape is very easy

I find the large rolls of plastic hard to lug around so I buy my murder supplies when I arrive.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

It’s not duct tape my guy, but gaffer tape isn’t a bad idea if you’re nasty

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
Collecting BA miles instead of AA has paid off nicely; I get to use the Flagship lounges even when I’m just flying domestic. It’s made the last couple of weeks slightly easier.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
I never bothered to figure out BA’s tier points system. How is it?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
pro tip if you have to fly to brazil:

Azul (basically the Brazilian JetBlue, david neelman etc) has long haul business class to Viracopos from FLL and MCO. It's fully lie-flat, the soft product is mediocre, but it's like $1,700 RT.

Plus majority of my clients are in the greater Campinas area so it beats the gently caress out of flying in to GRU.

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

pro tip if you have to fly to brazil:

Azul (basically the Brazilian JetBlue, david neelman etc) has long haul business class to Viracopos from FLL and MCO. It's fully lie-flat, the soft product is mediocre, but it's like $1,700 RT.

Plus majority of my clients are in the greater Campinas area so it beats the gently caress out of flying in to GRU.

I want all of these things.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Mandalay posted:

Any suggestion on the micro bead face mask? I have a cheap disposable one from my one CX F round trip that is wearing out.

I hate hotels where there are random lights (such as from electronics) that can’t be turned off easily.

I keep a pack of these in my suitcase:

https://www.amazon.com/LightDims-Black-Out-Electronics-Appliances/dp/B009WSN8PK/

And use this sleep mask: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00M9BC1M8/ (that I've rebought a few times because I keep forgetting it in hotel rooms)

Also, binder clips to keep curtains together.

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

Also, binder clips to keep curtains together.
I usually carry binder clips with me, but in a pinch, I'll use the hangars in the closet that have the clips on them. Looks janky as hell, but it works!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

DJCobol posted:

I usually carry binder clips with me, but in a pinch

:rimshot:

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

My first Friday flight in 2018. Lady 'outs' the air marshall, makes a big deal about sitting next to a gun, acts completely looney toony, delays the flight and ends up not on the flight.

Wtf is wrong with people?

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Goober Peas posted:

My first Friday flight in 2018. Lady 'outs' the air marshall, makes a big deal about sitting next to a gun, acts completely looney toony, delays the flight and ends up not on the flight.

God drat. Everything I've heard from feds that fly armed is that once you use The Best Line at security it actually kind of sucks (can't drink or sleep). Can't imagine the reports the poor bastard's gonna have to file.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Goober Peas posted:

She's flying domestic first too so you think she would know about the air marshal program by now.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Lote posted:

She's flying domestic first too so you think she would know about the air marshal program by now.

I can’t think of a time where I flew on a flight with one though? Maybe she thought they only fly on routes or flights with specific threats. I dunno.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

DJCobol posted:

I usually carry binder clips with me, but in a pinch, I'll use the hangars in the closet that have the clips on them. Looks janky as hell, but it works!

:aaaaa: I never thought of that one.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

sellouts posted:

I can’t think of a time where I flew on a flight with one though? Maybe she thought they only fly on routes or flights with specific threats. I dunno.

I can think of a few flights where I suspected an air marshal was on the flight. Pre boards before Concierge Key and is dressed semi conservatively with a jacket in first? I'm thinking air marshal. It's not like I'm going to go up to him and blow his cover or ask "You an air marshal, bro?"

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Delta: Power and free booze even on short 1 hour flights
American: No power or free booze on a transcontinental

:psyduck:

Residency Evil fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jan 21, 2018

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Goober Peas posted:

That air marshal loving sucks if he let some dumbshit passenger know he had a gun. Whether it was by poor concealment or telling her doesn't even matter at that point.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I didn't see how it all came down - I was a couple of rows back. I wouldn't assume anything about the concealment. I will say the passenger was part of a group of 30-something batchelorettes that were pretty drat obnoxious.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Residency Evil posted:

Delta: Power and free booze even on short 1 hour flights
American: No power or free booze on a transcontinental

:psyduck:

What route? The new airbuses for trans cons kick rear end.

The free beer/wine thing is cool, though, I guess.

Goober Peas posted:

I didn't see how it all came down - I was a couple of rows back. I wouldn't assume anything about the concealment. I will say the passenger was part of a group of 30-something batchelorettes that were pretty drat obnoxious.

They’re really going back to the well for Bridesmaids 2, huh?

taco show
Oct 6, 2011

motherforker

I like that she sat in first separate from her friends and proceeded to get kicked off the flight causing even more scheduling chaos for her group.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

sellouts posted:

What route? The new airbuses for trans cons kick rear end.

The free beer/wine thing is cool, though, I guess.

They’re really going back to the well for Bridesmaids 2, huh?

SFO-PHL. Seatguru tells me it's an old A320 but we'll see.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Residency Evil posted:

I went the other way yesterday on an A330 in first (holy poo poo they finally gave me an upgrade - I only got like 2 all last year). It was nice-ish. Certainly better than the lovely first on a 321. I do this route all the time, usually on Sundays and return on Saturdays and this is the first time it wasn't a garbage scow A321 leftover from US Airways. Which is exactly what I'll be on for my return trip.

I'm guessing this was just a repositioning flight and not something they're switching to. The back of the plane was like 1/2 full at most.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Motronic posted:

I went the other way yesterday on an A330 in first (holy poo poo they finally gave me an upgrade - I only got like 2 all last year). It was nice-ish. Certainly better than the lovely first on a 321. I do this route all the time, usually on Sundays and return on Saturdays and this is the first time it wasn't a garbage scow A321 leftover from US Airways. Which is exactly what I'll be on for my return trip.

I'm guessing this was just a repositioning flight and not something they're switching to. The back of the plane was like 1/2 full at most.

Actually on the way out I flew on an a330 as well. I wasn't in first, but MCE was definitely quite nice, with seats that were lie half-flat-ish. I also thought it was a repositioning flight but maybe not?

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Residency Evil posted:

Actually on the way out I flew on an a330 as well. I wasn't in first, but MCE was definitely quite nice, with seats that were lie half-flat-ish. I also thought it was a repositioning flight but maybe not?

Repositioning flights are frequently still on the schedule, I've booked an A340 SLC-ATL on DL once before, and while the service wasn't as nice as the AA B777 flights I've had between SFO or ORD and MIA, it was at least comfy.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Residency Evil posted:

Interesting........the one I was on had just arrived from Dublin. If they start doing this on a regular basis I'll start looking for them.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
Son of a b, there was a plane change and I didn’t pay attention that they switched my window to middle on my EWR to LAX flight. Well, hope my aisle mates don’t mind a little snoring and drool. If I was at the window at least I’d be curled up against that side and they wouldn’t get the brunt of it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

tomapot posted:

Son of a b, there was a plane change and I didn’t pay attention that they switched my window to middle on my EWR to LAX flight. Well, hope my aisle mates don’t mind a little snoring and drool. If I was at the window at least I’d be curled up against that side and they wouldn’t get the brunt of it.

gently caress em. They'd do the same to you in half a second.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Should I be concerned with this situation?

I booked two tickets on Air France from MCO to CDG with a stop in ATL, booked through AF. We paid for certain seats on the ATL-CDG and CDG-ATL legs, so that we are in one of the few 2-seat rows. On the AF website, we can see our AF seats and the returning ATL-MCO seats we picked on delta.com. On Delta.com we can see our MCO-ATL and ATL-MCO seats, but not the other legs. Further, the original MCO-ATL leg was cancelled, replaced with an identical flight (same times, just a different flight number). Also, the AF website says we don't have any checked bag allowance on the MCO-ATL-CDG leg.

It's all very strange. They originally screwed up our names too, and I had to call and get it taken care of (they flipped our first and last names).

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Residency Evil posted:

Sounds like a lousy legacy US plane.

Just boarded a good legacy AA A321 (but not the special transcon A321) for a transcon MIA-LAX. It’s confusing as hell tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Mandalay posted:

Sounds like a lousy legacy US plane.

Just boarded a good legacy AA A321 (but not the special transcon A321) for a transcon MIA-LAX. It’s confusing as hell tbh

Yup, that's what it was. Are they in the process of upgrading these?