Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

dojyaaaaan~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

There’s only one napkin on the table, and it’s in front of the person across from valentine. The table is large enough that he can’t reach over. What does he do?

Hire a beautiful sociopath to kill you so that he :911: can have the napkin.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

There’s only one napkin on the table, and it’s in front of the person across from valentine. The table is large enough that he can’t reach over. What does he do?

Go to an alternate universe where the table is short enough for him to reach over.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Jump under the tablecloth.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

same thing he did to shoot johnny joestar

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Gaius Marius posted:

No joke Valentine would be easily one of the best us presidents. Argue about his methods all you want but that dude heart was in the right place.

Building American prosperity on the back of third world suffering has been like every loving president

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The only difference between Obama and Valentine's foreign policy was Valentine didn't have drones to expedite the process

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Pomp posted:

Building American prosperity on the back of third world suffering has been like every loving president

No joke, I really love Steel Ball Run partly because Araki writing an American president that uses the desiccated corpse of Jesus Christ and American Exceptionalism in order to benefit the country at the expense of other nations is one of the most realistic and too close to home parts of it, even if he's being mega-literal and ridiculous about it. I'm not even sure if the people going around like "Valentine is such a good dude even if he's the villain! Best president!" are just memeing it up or if they missed that he's trying to enact a dictatorship, or the implications of him potentially revealing to the public that he has the actual corpse of Jesus and insisting that it chose him and how easily he could create a theocratic state with that. Remember when GWB said that God told him to bomb Iraq?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

To be fair the corpse of Jesus did give him super powers, so he fulfilled that campaign promise.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Speaking of Jesus telling people to do things; friendly reminder he literally outright told Johnny to shoot a guy.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
he literally told him the opposite

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

One of my favorite JojoFactz is that Mormonism is the canon Christianity in SBR.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

That's weird. I could've sworn Jesus told somebody to shoot someone else, or to kill them or something.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
He might, but the part I'm thinking of is when he appears behind Johnny as he's deliberating about shooting Axl, Civil War's Stand user, and says "If your heart is wavering, do not shoot" and then Johnny blasts himself and gets Tusk Act 3 I think

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Funky Valentine posted:

One of my favorite JojoFactz is that Mormonism is the canon Christianity in SBR.

Oh, same here.

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

That's weird. I could've sworn Jesus told somebody to shoot someone else, or to kill them or something.

Johnny had to shoot himself

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Now I'm thinking of how Johnny iced Soundman when he got Act 2.

johnny best jojo

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

jesus tells you to shoot when you mean it, so jesus wants to see some blood instead of whiffed shots

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Poor Soundman.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

BaDandy posted:

No joke, I really love Steel Ball Run partly because Araki writing an American president that uses the desiccated corpse of Jesus Christ and American Exceptionalism in order to benefit the country at the expense of other nations is one of the most realistic and too close to home parts of it, even if he's being mega-literal and ridiculous about it. I'm not even sure if the people going around like "Valentine is such a good dude even if he's the villain! Best president!" are just memeing it up or if they missed that he's trying to enact a dictatorship, or the implications of him potentially revealing to the public that he has the actual corpse of Jesus and insisting that it chose him and how easily he could create a theocratic state with that. Remember when GWB said that God told him to bomb Iraq?

"Valentine did nothing wrong" is a meme that makes me legit uncomfortable, especially after the last elections.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Because people actually believe it.

Also, Jesus says Johnny should only pop a cap in that dude's rear end if he's sure about it, none of these wishy washy murders. So he's not really saying do or don't, he's saying do whatever the gently caress you want as long as you're sure.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

GimmickMan posted:

"Valentine did nothing wrong" is a meme that makes me legit uncomfortable, especially after the last elections.

Not to mention that Valentine being a war hero who everyone loves but turns out to be a complete monster and the heroes have a huge disadvantage because everyone loves him is a much more interesting reading than "he did bad things with good intentions tho!" He was willing to have the Worse Dio come in and rule America with an iron fist just to get the last word in. He's a great JoJo villain because a powerful man willing to enact a fascist theocracy and gently caress over other countries for the "good of the nation" could totally be a JoJo Villain.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Because people actually believe it.

Also, Jesus says Johnny should only pop a cap in that dude's rear end if he's sure about it, none of these wishy washy murders. So he's not really saying do or don't, he's saying do whatever the gently caress you want as long as you're sure.

I want to believe it's in the same vein as "Dio did nothing wrong" but, man. :/

That's a really good lesson, though, and I'm glad that Jesus is here to help with one's resolve.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
DIO did nothing wrong

Dio Brando however, did a lot of things wrong

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Yoshikage Kira did nothing wrong. He just wanted to live a quiet life.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

BaDandy posted:

or the implications of him potentially revealing to the public that he has the actual corpse of Jesus and insisting that it chose him and how easily he could create a theocratic state with that. Remember when GWB said that God told him to bomb Iraq?

I realize the point youre trying to make w/r/t the real world, but when there really is actually a magical power granting corpse it changes the script a little bit.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Meme Emulator posted:

I realize the point youre trying to make w/r/t the real world, but when there really is actually a magical power granting corpse it changes the script a little bit.

The President himself says that magic powers are insignificant compared to the political and social power that come through claiming divine right. That's the whole point of the napkin speech.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The napkin speech is so good

I love it

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Do you think he planned out the napkin speech ahead of time or just made it up on the spot.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

haha he can dance on a mandolin without making a noise wtf

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

haha he can dance on a mandolin without making a noise wtf

Sometimes in jojo a character will have some completely irrelevant tertiary skill that makes no sense.

Like Giorno being able to stuff his entire ear into its hole, or Pucci being able to eat 2 cherries connected at the stem and leave the pit attached to the stem

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Meme Emulator posted:

That's the point, though. Valentine would have gained way more political power than a U.S. president should have from showing actual evidence that God is granting him the ability to move America towards greatness, more weight that the Catholic church could possibly have. And if that power comes from screwing over other countries, he would have been a massive global threat. More than any other U.S president combined and that's including Trump. The fact that the corpse responds to him because his heart never wavers instead of the morality of his actions makes it worse. It makes his imperialism and fanaticism even more of a threat since he could act on them very easily.

My point is more this is what would happen if Bush gained the power of the Corpse and why I don't understand the "Best President!!" memes. :v:

Schwarzwald posted:

The President himself says that magic powers are insignificant compared to the political and social power that come through claiming divine right. That's the whole point of the napkin speech.

Thank you.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
An Anarchist Reading of Steel Ball Run by The Something Awful Forums

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Do you think gyro read the bread book

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The first premier of the Glorious People's Revolutionary Worker's Democratic Republic of America, Daniel de Leon, wrote often that President Funny Valentine's ability to shotgun beer made him a man among men. Every speech Comrade de Leon made would be preceded by him shotgunning a beer.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

http://hiwamatanoboru.com/2018/01/23/jojolion-volume-17/

HWMN put up volume 17 which I'm pointing out because although there are no major changes from the magazine to the volume in the content itself, the volume did have a page about dorefasolati do that was funny to me mainly because of the tail/feet thing

https://mangadex.com/chapter/9161/35

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Rumours of President Valentine being in ill health are false! Fake news! President Valentine is actually swole! The most swole! The least fat person you'll ever know! Sad! Saying he's fat is what you'd expect out of "Crooked Halloween" voters!

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jan 23, 2018

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
The reveal that Pres. Valentine is swole as hell happening over the course of a diegetic strip show is also one of the best parts of SBR.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Stand name: Fire And Fury

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/957652246870847488

The Hierophant Green cardigan and the Iggy vs Pet Shop button up are loving rad

been thinking about doing a Part 3 re-read/watch

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Man I wish those clothes weren't so crazy expensive, I'd love the Iggy/Petshop one or the Ora/Muda one.

That Silver Chariot scarf is fuckin ace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://nodtotherhythm.com/?CcXvAPhw