Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Krankenstyle posted:

hey yall owl posters, theres a bird thread id like yall to post in as well
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3843092

Owl be right there!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Krankenstyle posted:

hey yall owl posters, theres a bird thread id like yall to post in as well
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3843092

No bird gifs? Hard pass.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Who What Now posted:

No bird gifs? Hard pass.

bird gifs are ok, as would become clear if you literally read the entire thread

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Why would I read an entire thread without bird gifs?

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Who What Now posted:

Why would I read an entire thread without bird gifs?

Sitting outside reading forums from phone on park bench while simultaneously looking at the reflection of a bird in the screen, never have to avert my gaze

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Fuckin kev lmao

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Or "shut the phuck off", my new favorite retort.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Standard Petroleum Oil Co.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Who What Now posted:

No bird gifs? Hard pass.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
What do you do for a living?

Oh I work for the city, it's a fun job, there's different stuff to do every day! Why, just today, I spent several hours greasing poles in public.

https://twitter.com/Fox9Sports/status/955069655479128064

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
So, I'm guessing Philly is expecting a bumper crop of rats and flies in a couple of months?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Gorilla Salad posted:

So, I'm guessing Philly is expecting a bumper crop of rats and flies in a couple of months?

They are already infested with Eagles fans.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

Picnic Princess posted:

When I was a kid I was dive bombed by a great horned owl from behind. They really are silent. Scared the absolute gently caress out of me because they're big birds.

A few months ago I was out riding my bike after sunset and an owl decided that my bike light illuminating the long straight path ahead of me was interesting and decided to swoop down beside me and fly in front of me three times down that stretch. It'd swoop down when I went by, fly ahead of me and perch in a tree and wait for me to catch up. It was the coolest poo poo I've ever seen while out riding.

It was also absolutely silent.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Memento posted:

What do you do for a living?

Oh I work for the city, it's a fun job, there's different stuff to do every day! Why, just today, I spent several hours greasing poles in public.

https://twitter.com/Fox9Sports/status/955069655479128064
It didn't work.
https://twitter.com/dhm/status/9552...er%3D12%23pti20

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Krankenstyle posted:

this is snek

ssssss

Close! This is the offspring of a snek and a cat, known as a "catsnek" or "ferret."

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Tumble posted:

any dog that gets carried away by a bird isn't a dog worth having anyways

This is how we ended up with a nation infested with pitbulls

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Milo and POTUS posted:

we brought those in to solve the infestation of snake-eating gorillas, though.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Nothing is foolproof against a sufficiently-drunk fool.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Jerry Cotton posted:

The US wanted to bomb Japan with incendiary bats (because they'd hide under the eaves and burn down all the houses when they lit up) and the first test was such a huge success they decided to not do a second test. I.e. the bats all flew into the nearby hangar and it burned down.

This didn't happen actually but it really should have. In truth they worked very well and on the designated mock village were judged to be even more effective than conventional incendiary bombing.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Possibly they realised that just dropping bombs from planes worked perfectly well to kill fuckloads of Japanese people and burn down cities. Tokyo being made almost entirely of wood at the time and all.

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
Late to the bird chat but I work in a large building with a lot of open space and a lot of glass and a lot of stupid pigeons. They frequently fly into the windows and leave Wiley Coyote-esque impressions of themselves on the glass.

So now some goon is going around sticking googly eyes on the splats.

(It's me I'm the goon. I'm a middle-aged man and I'm sticking googly eyes on things.)

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

No, no there's just the one. He's also Mr. Worldwide so it can seem like there's more.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

Fantastic. :golfclap:

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

mind the walrus posted:

No, no there's just the one. He's also Mr. Worldwide so it can seem like there's more.

Mr pitbull is a saint

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Milo and POTUS posted:

Mr pitbull is a saint

??????????????????????

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

The gently caress is this?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

VanSandman posted:

The gently caress is this?
You were trolled, my friend.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Thanks 9gag.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Inescapable Duck posted:

Possibly they realised that just dropping bombs from planes worked perfectly well to kill fuckloads of Japanese people and burn down cities. Tokyo being made almost entirely of wood at the time and all.

One of the benefits of the bat bombs was that the bombs on the bats were on timers. So a plane would fly over, drop a bat bomb, and nothing would happen. Everyone would assume it was a spotter or recon plane. Then, that night, fires would inexplicably erupt all over the city.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

but if he truly believes what his mother is telling him, then logically he should not believe his mother in the first place due to her long hair implying that she speaks falsehoods. he has opened himself to a paradox and fallen straight into it, and is incapable of recognising it. the child is truly a fool, unfit for the world

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

How long until Philly starts unironically wrapping all the poles in barbed wire?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

This billboard I saw a few years ago is all I can think of when this subject comes up

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

Data Graham posted:

This billboard I saw a few years ago is all I can think of when this subject comes up

Goddamnit, I hate being reminded that anything touched by a child under 14 or a man over 40 is undoubtedly covered in their feces.

And it's probably wishful thinking that the remaining young(er) men and women are any better.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Data Graham posted:

Jerry Blyat.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Data Graham posted:

Why did this need to be a thing? :psyduck:

chitoryu12 posted:

How long until Philly starts unironically wrapping all the poles in barbed wire?

I thought the aim was to make it harder to climb poles, not make it easier! :unsmigghh:

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Why don't they specify what after 'When you do...'? Is that a Philly thing?

Also what is a Geator or a Heator? Are those also Philly things?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

dumb. posted:

Why don't they specify what after 'When you do...'? Is that a Philly thing?

People don't think it be like it is....

(I am also genuinely curious)