Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
I'd love it if Spurs signed another world class defender. Sanchez is really bad and Aurier sometimes had lapses in judgement even if he is overall pretty decent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

Blinkz0rz posted:

I'd love it if Spurs signed another world class defender. Sanchez is really bad and Aurier sometimes had lapses in judgement even if he is overall pretty decent.

Maybe a glorious return for Kevin Wimmer? He's developed so much since leaving spurs. He now has two chins instead of one. £18m pls

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

West Ham United's allegedly been looking at Samir Nasri, lol. If that's true, I hope they go for it.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
let's all have a laugh and think about Nasri's "Drip Doctors" scandal

good times

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections
https://imgur.com/QDZsSyo

Sanchez did all his mutv media stuff too apparently

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
So the number 7 shirt essentially died with Ronaldo, then

West007
Apr 21, 2013

Sanchez and his lazy performances for Arsenal in the last year haven't convinced me at all. I'd rather have Martial on the left. What would the front three look like anyway? Alexis on the left, Martial on the right and Lukaku as CF?

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

West007 posted:

Sanchez and his lazy performances for Arsenal in the last year haven't convinced me at all. I'd rather have Martial on the left. What would the front three look like anyway? Alexis on the left, Martial on the right and Lukaku as CF?

I expect Sanchez to start behind Lukaku rather than out wide. Mourinho obviously feels he's lacking an advanced playmaker. Mkhitarian had a great start to the season but had a run where his assists just dried up, as soon as Pogba was out with injury/suspension that was it, zero creativity in the middle of the pitch and United were back to pushing it out wide and trying to cross to Lukaku, or endless attempts by Martial to cut inside and make something himself.

A creative player linking play between midfield and the wings behind the striker is probably United's weakest position, currently being papered over by Lingard's purple patch. If the more vintage Sanchez turns up, great, but even allowing for "lol Arsenal" I'm not thrilled by the transfer given his performance and attitude the last couple of seasons.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Congrats on pooshited buying second 😂 lol

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Bape Culture posted:

typical ABU :thumbsup:

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ninpo posted:

I expect Sanchez to start behind Lukaku rather than out wide. Mourinho obviously feels he's lacking an advanced playmaker. Mkhitarian had a great start to the season but had a run where his assists just dried up, as soon as Pogba was out with injury/suspension that was it, zero creativity in the middle of the pitch and United were back to pushing it out wide and trying to cross to Lukaku, or endless attempts by Martial to cut inside and make something himself.

This is an absolutely awful idea. Might as well plug him in at cb.

Ninpo posted:

A creative player linking play between midfield and the wings behind the striker is probably United's weakest position, currently being papered over by Lingard's purple patch. If the more vintage Sanchez turns up, great, but even allowing for "lol Arsenal" I'm not thrilled by the transfer given his performance and attitude the last couple of seasons.

Sanchez was absolutely fantastic last season stop being revisionist.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
For all the mockery of Arsenal (justified) being bad at business with regarding to letting top players end up in this position, why is it not big news that Mata can leave United on a free this summer?

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol @ pooshited

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

blue footed boobie posted:

This is an absolutely awful idea. Might as well plug him in at cb.

Sanchez was absolutely fantastic last season stop being revisionist.

Doesn't he play centrally for his country?

I thought the Sanchez "drama" started last season, maybe I'm thinking of Ozil being patchy, it's hard to keep track of the disinterested players at Arsenal

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Ninpo posted:

I thought the Sanchez "drama" started last season, maybe I'm thinking of Ozil being patchy, it's hard to keep track of the disinterested players at Arsenal

He was throwing a few strops mid game toward the end of the season but always played well and worked hard.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i'll believe it when i see it

https://twitter.com/ChronicleNUFC/status/955422672716001281

Joopjan
Nov 5, 2009

Carolls coming home

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
It's Crouch

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
I remember when Arsene promised he would not sell to Manchester United again.

Claude is getting upset!

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
It's Alexandre Pato OP

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ninpo posted:

He’s primarily a winger, but he plays centrally sometimes. But as a striker and not a creative player. He’s very much an inside forward and not someone you get to create goals for others.

Sanchez has been consistently great with Arsenal until everything blew up this summer, but even then his return hasn’t been that bad this year.

blue footed boobie fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Jan 22, 2018

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Joopjan posted:

Carolls coming home

thank gently caress he's injured this month

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Newcastle to hijack the auba move imo

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
The Auba deal is the most hijackable transfer ever. He’s a big name player in a position that a lot of teams need, and Arsenal are taking their time making lowball bids.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Ninpo posted:

So the number 7 shirt essentially died with Ronaldo, then

It’s a shirt number, who loving cares.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

Bacon Terrorist posted:

For all the mockery of Arsenal (justified) being bad at business with regarding to letting top players end up in this position, why is it not big news that Mata can leave United on a free this summer?

United have their normal one year extension option they can take up whenever.

Also: Sanchez will be a good signing.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Soccernet posted:

Arsene Wenger has said he "can't understand anybody wanting to leave Arsenal" ahead of Alexis Sanchez's move to Manchester United.

Sanchez is heading to United in exchange for Henrikh Mkhitaryan in a deal that will reportedly make him the Premier League's highest-paid player.

Wenger said Arsenal could not match United's offer, but told reporters: "I cannot understand anybody wanting to leave Arsenal -- but in 30 years of doing transfers you learn a lot about human beings.

The sad thing is, he probably really can't, and that's why Arsenal aren't going to win anything while he's in charge.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Lot 49 posted:

United have their normal one year extension option they can take up whenever.

Also: Sanchez will be a good signing.

Sanchez will be a good signing, although United’s front three are all playing well and only seem to suffer when Pogba isn’t playing (Sanchez isn’t a good replacement for that role) so while he is probably better than any of the front three in any of those positions it’ll be interesting to see if the old adage ‘if it ain’t broke don’t fix it’ applies.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Sanchez is gonna be the next Faustino Asprilla and united are gonna end up finishing 5th

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/FourFourTweet/status/955497496666673152

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
I don't like that Arsenal and Manchester United are getting new blood. This window sucks. There is also little to no basis for more cool and funny Liverpool subreddit videos since it looks like Liverpool are not buying anyone in January.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Brony Car posted:

I don't like that Arsenal and Manchester United are getting new blood. This window sucks. There is also little to no basis for more cool and funny Liverpool subreddit videos since it looks like Liverpool are not buying anyone in January.

Apart from van Dijk?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

I feel like his decision to be known as Fred and not Fredinho is an affront to the old Lyon striker Fred.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
its official

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/955500550765780992

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/955502937085808640

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Bea Nanner posted:

its official

Go on

E: there it is

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Bape Culture posted:

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I assume Mikhitaryan's in the Rosicky/Cazorla mold of a playmaker who'll get stuck on the wings.

This is a really poo poo deal, Alexis is going to be great for United. I hate this.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

he will be very good in a few years, very much in the fernandinho mid destroyer mold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Sanchez will be great for United. Wenger out, I'm melting down

• Locked thread