Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost
Bouncebacks may in some cases be denied reimbursement. Surgeons additionally are highly scrutinized by their outcomes. So if you can "see that happening in a for profit system like in the states" then you don't understand for-profit healthcare. The main problem with it isn't that physicians and hospitals are over-reimbursed, it is that the insurance companies hold the purse strings and deny payment (and therefore care) for whatever reasons they legally can justify.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bd_iLZrg5Qa/

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'm frankly amazed Airam never made thermos lamps seeing as how they make both thermos bottles and lamps :(

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 20 minutes!

Dillbag posted:

I think its more due to the privatization of cleaning services

There was a time when the government administered cleaning services?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
No he means the contracting out of those services. At the hospital I work at, the food, cleaning, facilities, and security services are all subcontractors that just do not give a gently caress about being in a hospital.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Platystemon posted:

quote:

So recently my neighbor has decided to build a garage in his backyard. I didn't have an issue with it, until he decided to make it a huge two story garage. It now blocks a huge amount of sunlight from our backyard, and in general is a huge eyesore.

After doing some research, our county requires a 7' setback from the side and rear of the property lines. My neighbor is definitely maybe 2' from our property line, and about 4' from the adjacent neighbor (corner lot neighbor) property line. I also looked online for a permit for his garage based on the address, and the garage definitely does not have a permit.
Thread

Ground level gallery

Drone gallery

Update: neighbour is angling for a variance.

e: I think it came up last time, so I should be clear that this is not my circus, not my monkey. I just read reddit.com/r/legaladvice for entertainment.

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jan 21, 2018

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost
It has a WHOLE THIRTEEN-INCH SETBACK on the South property line! What more could they want?!

Also, built by "a party unknown to me" without a permit? I hope they laugh this fucker out of the meeting right after they tell him to tear it down.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

“Someone secretly built a lovely building on my lot without my knowledge, please allow me to break numerous rules so I/they can finish it”

That ought to get them far.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

tetrapyloctomy posted:

It has a WHOLE THIRTEEN-INCH SETBACK on the South property line! What more could they want?!

Also, built by "a party unknown to me" without a permit? I hope they laugh this fucker out of the meeting right after they tell him to tear it down.

Apparently the application was written by the contractor hired to finish the garage, not the owner. So the contractor can honestly say he doesn't know who did it. Don't know, didn't ask.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

This is eerily similar to my situation when I built my garage in 2004.

It replaced a 1930 1-car garage that was right on the property line.

I designed and built the garage myself, a 2-story building with an attached sunroom, subbing the foundation & slab and roof shingling. I built the rest of it with the help & guidance of a few very good friends.

Before a single shovel was stuck in the ground, I went to my township with my detailed plans, including siting and the total height. They told me that although the original garage was 3” from the property line, my “renovation” had to be six feet off of the lines. I applied for a variance to reduce that to two feet. This required:
- a public hearing;
- notifying everyone with 350-feet of the perimeter of my property lines (24-homes) of the hearing, either by certified mail or by hand-delivering my notice, which had to include my overview drawing and specifications;
- taking out a classified ad in the local paper notifying about the variance hearing date, time & reasons.

After all of that was done, we had the hearing, which of course no one attended except me and the zoning board, and my variance was granted.

The garage was completed by the summer of ‘05.

About a year later, my good neighbor (who was instrumental in his guidance for this project, and an incredible help besides) informed me that the old guy who lived behind me complained to the township about my garage, as it was far larger & taller than he expected, and was “blocking my breeze.”

The zoning manager asked the neighbor if he had received the zoning hearing notice. The neighbor admitted that he had.

The zoning manager told him to suck it.

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Jan 21, 2018

Mister Dog
Dec 27, 2005

[quote="Baronjutter" post="

Baronjutter posted:

Hospitals in my area keep having horrible outbreaks of extremely preventable things because staff don't wash their hands, even surgeries resulting in infections because doctors, specially surgeons, seem to think they're above washing their hands or bothering with sterilization. Just dump some antibiotics on them, cheaper than hiring proper cleaning staff or wasting famous surgeon's time on scrubbing properly before an operation.

I'm mad about dirty doctors!

Not sure where you are, my dude, but I am a physician and I wash my hands so frequently that my the end of a shift they are usually a cracked and bloody mess

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Mister Dog posted:

Not sure where you are, my dude, but I am a physician and I wash my hands so frequently that my the end of a shift they are usually a cracked and bloody mess

Well that hardly sounds sanitary at all. Have you considered carrying around a nice clean cadaver hand to push the buttons on the elevator so you don't touch them with your plague hands?

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

Facebook Aunt posted:

Well that hardly sounds sanitary at all. Have you considered carrying around a nice clean cadaver hand to push the buttons on the elevator so you don't touch them with your plague hands?

Standard of care is to carry a single cadaver finger impaled on a sterilized stainless steel rod. Unless your team is in the playoffs, then a novelty oversized foam hand is okay.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

tetrapyloctomy posted:

Standard of care is to carry a single cadaver finger impaled on a sterilized stainless steel rod. Unless your team is in the playoffs, then a novelty oversized foam hand is okay.

All I found was this sack of donor dicks, will that do?

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Jaded Burnout posted:

No politics in this thread, please.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

Jaded Burnout posted:

I wish I had arrived earlier with a snappy comeback but

spog posted:

No politics in this thread, please.
is :perfect:

Mister Dog
Dec 27, 2005

Facebook Aunt posted:

If hand washing doesn’t bring tears to your eyes or give you a nice cold sweat, you’re probably doing it wrong.
Cadaver hands run 2-300 bux a pop so we hand to stop doing that.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Mister Dog posted:

Cadaver hands run 2-300 bux a pop so we hand to stop doing that.

There's also people who say they're a health risk, but I think they're armless.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

Jaded Burnout posted:

:ughh:

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Jaded Burnout posted:

Those people need to stop sticking their fingers where they don't belong.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

KillHour posted:

Those people need to stop sticking their fingers where they don't belong.

Then we’ll be seeing cadaver noses everywhere!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

"This cadaver has no nose!"
"Then how does it smell?"

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

My Lovely Horse posted:

"This cadaver has no nose!"
"Then how does it smell?"

Pretty bad.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

https://imgur.com/a/AhYGE

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Everyone, click that link to see a beautiful horror.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Kitties are dope as gently caress. But like if this person did all that and has like two cats, then they're crazy.
They probably have like 17 cats though. Maybe more.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Place is way too clean for someone with 17 cats.

e: Maybe they're allergic and have no cats, but REALLY likes cats and this is their way of (over)compensating.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Collateral Damage posted:

e: Maybe they're allergic and have no cats, but REALLY likes cats and this is their way of (over)compensating.

Cat tree for sale. Never scratched

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

In my experience that is all cat trees if there's a sofa nearby.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Agreed, should be this:

canyoneer posted:

Cat tree for sale. Never scratched. Thrown up on three times.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Its like when your video card gets too hot and starts using the wrong textures on the models.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I've worked with a cat rescue nonprofit in my county. My wife and I have rescued and fostered just a handful of cats; at our peak, we had seven cats in our home, which seemed like a ridiculous amount of cats to us.

But when we'd bring cats to the adoption weekends at the local pet store, we'd hang out with the other fosters, and our coordinator, and... my god. Some of these people had ten, fifteen cats in their homes. And the lady who runs the org? She's got a big house in a rich neighborhood, OK, she's got fencing around the property so some of the cats can be outside, cool, there's a lot of cats in kennel type situations, fine fine, but the total? 60+ cats at any given time. She spends multiple hours per day just dealing with feeding them and scooping kitty litter and administering medications. You show up at her place and there's always several cats outside, you go into her kitchen area where she used to run the free clinic and there's more cats wandering in and out, there's just cats everywhere. I love cats, but holy poo poo.

Somehow she managed to not be living in squalor. Probably a combination of insane levels of energy, and being rich. But jesus loving christ, sixty cats in your home. Not like those crazy cat people who have a colony of cats in their neighborhood, who use their house as a locus of getting food, but mostly wander free: sixty cats confined to your house and maybe a couple thousand square feet of yard? Can you imagine?

So yeah now when I hear about someone with 15 cats or something, it totally doesn't phase me at all. I've had seven cats in 1200 square feet of home before and we kept the place clean and healthy for them. If you have a big house you can totally do 15. Especially if a bunch of them are kittens, and if you don't have kids living at home so you have spare bedrooms to use for quarrantine etc.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?
I have 4 cats and 2 dogs in about 1200 sq ft. I have to sweep, vacuum, and scoop litter every day. I can't imagine having 15.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009
I knew someone, kinda, who actually drew charges of felony animal hoarding. (I was friends with his wife, who :nope:'d the gently caress out of there as soon as the last kid graduated and moved out.) Dead cats in the freezer so they wouldn't rot or get eaten. :barf: Dude missed one (or more :cry:) that died in his bed and got flattened by sleeping on it. :suicide: Not rich, beater rental house that ended up condemned/demolished for being too catfucked for habitation.

I think he only got busted for like 40-ish, though.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Canada's last PM helped ruin the official residence by having a zillion rescue cats in the attic or something. This was the only good thing they did.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
Didn't we see that same house many pages ago but after the catopia had been mostly cleared? I think I remember that water heater but in a more barren room.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Even the high-speed driers that aren't mounted on the sink spray water everywhere. I'm not sure what they though would happen. Water doesn't just evaporate instantly even when you blow on it *real hard*. Every bathroom I've been in with those has a wet floor under the drier. Especially the Dyson Airblades.

They seriously didn't realize those were UV lights? Wow.

Mister Dog posted:

That's why we had Eucerin (I believe it was) cream in every staff restroom in the hospital I worked at. So. Much. Handwashing. And I was just a junior Pharm Tech. (actually a stock clerk, but in the pharmacy, so...)

This is one of those people you wonder if they have literally *any* other interests in life. Like, I like a lot of things, and some I like a lot, but I'd like someone to send me to a psychologist if I ever develop that much fixation on anything.

Polio Vax Scene posted:

Its like when your video card gets too hot and starts using the wrong textures on the models.

Holy poo poo you're right.

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

I knew someone, kinda, who actually drew charges of felony animal hoarding. (I was friends with his wife, who :nope:'d the gently caress out of there as soon as the last kid graduated and moved out.) Dead cats in the freezer so they wouldn't rot or get eaten. :barf: Dude missed one (or more :cry:) that died in his bed and got flattened by sleeping on it. :suicide: Not rich, beater rental house that ended up condemned/demolished for being too catfucked for habitation.

I think he only got busted for like 40-ish, though.

I was going to ask how you'd miss the stench of a dead one, but then I thought about 40 cats in one place, probably without enough attention to litter boxes.
But God, in the bed? Yuck.

The Twinkie Czar posted:

Didn't we see that same house many pages ago but after the catopia had been mostly cleared? I think I remember that water heater but in a more barren room.

I think you're correct. Some of that really looks familiar.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
I works for two sisters that had 60 cats and one dog in their house. They were securities traders in Manhattan.

I was the dog walker. They were perfectly lovely and sane people with a legit million dollar house on a canal on Long Island, but HOLY poo poo 60 CATS. But weirdly, you just get used to it after awhile.

I miss them, they were awesome.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Armacham posted:

I have 4 cats and 2 dogs in about 1200 sq ft. I have to sweep, vacuum, and scoop litter every day. I can't imagine having 15.

We had six at one point - that could go in & out. We have four now, all inside-only. When we hit six, I built this to save my back. There's five litter pans. In an emergency, I can go four days between clean-outs, but every other day works well.

And yes, those two doofii are still totally fascinated by litterbox changes. They fight to see who gets to pop a squat in the virgin pans.

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jan 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

PainterofCrap posted:

We had six at one point - that could go in & out. We have four now, all inside-only. When we hit six, I built this to save my back. There's five litter pans. In an emergency, I can go four days between clean-outs, but every other day works well.

And yes, those two doofii are still totally fascinated by litterbox changes. They fight to see who gets to pop a squat in the virgin pans.

What the heck is going on with the stairs there?