Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
Jesus gently caress, what a round. Guytse Fieri is one hell of a twist ending. Amazing poo poo all round.
Glad Ainsley's on board with the resistance as well. He could team up with Remy to make loving amazing meals.

For the next round i'm going for maximum irony value and submitting two sadistic game masterminds as tributes:
#1: Jigsaw

#2: Zero

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Holy. Goddamn. gently caress. that was great!

I VOLUNTEER (them) AS TRIBUTE:

The story of this contestant is, he's Perd Hapley.

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, it's Alaska Thunderfuck!

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Since the Super Bowl is coming up, can the next round be themed around that?

Either picking tributes from the Eagles/Patriots roster at random, or having character actions like:

Character a boots B’s head through the uprights. It’s good!

Character A considers his no-huddle offense.

Character A tackles B, resulting in a five yard loss, and B’s death.

Character A receives a cooler of Gatorade from an unknown sponsor

Leos Klein
Mar 11, 2011

ALL HAIL CARDIEL

Wow that was an amazing ending!! :eek:

I'm going to go ahead and nominate

Chill Alien

Phil Jackson

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

He's back with a few new upgrades

Cyber Akuma

Dan Hibiki

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Depicted: Dramatized salvaged video footage of Gary Coleman's last stand against the Anti SA HG protestors:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1y44S7R844&t=58s

Anyway, I would like to try hosting the next one. Maybe send me a PM telling me how to add/alter events? There seemed to be more varied events in the costco and gooncamp battles beyond the stock updates.

In the meantime, I must submit my next two combatants.

I nominate...

DANTEL

and fighting alongside him is...

WARIO

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
The most evil coach in the NFL

Bill Bellichick

and someone almost as evil

Evil Bert

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.
Tribute nominations - a pair of magnificent bastards popular in the 90s:

Bojack Horseman

and

Spider Jerusalem

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Sad King Billy posted:

The most evil coach in the NFL

Bill Bellichick

and someone almost as evil

Evil Bert

‘Evil Bert replaces the Patriot’s water cooler with acid. Bill Belichick dies when it is victoriously dumped on his head.’

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

CHARIZARD used SMOKESCREEN
It doesn't affect GEORDI THE BLASTOISE!
Captain Kathryn Janeway of Star Trek Voyager

Marshall "Herff" Applewhite, cofounder and leader of the Heaven's Gate UFO Death Cult.

EorayMel posted:

Anyway, I would like to try hosting the next one. Maybe send me a PM telling me how to add/alter events? There seemed to be more varied events in the costco and gooncamp battles beyond the stock updates.

I don't have PMs, but it's a really simple system to use. Just click on the lefthand sidebar where it says "Modify Events." I deleted almost all the stock events, leaving only the most generic ones. You can save your changes with the "Save" button, be sure to note the URL it generates. It'll save all the custom events you've added, as well as the cast you've uploaded (sidenote, leave the "nickname" thing on that page alone, just let it copy the name.) I did have some weird poo poo happen with it re-adding some default events on load once, so be sure and go over everything before you start the game for real. It does NOT save generated games though, so make sure to save the entire generated game all at once.

Format is this (quoted from the site:)

When making an event, make sure to add (Player#) where a player’s name goes.

Also add (he/she#), (him/her#), (his/her#), (himself/herself#) where each number indicates the player number's gender.

EXAMPLE: (Player1) spears (Player2) in (his/her2) abdomen.

Events are sorted into 9 separate categories, depending on how they trigger. "Bloodbath" (first event), Day events, Night Events, and the Feast, all of which are split into lethal and non lethal. "Arena" events randomly trigger, and a game might go all the way through with none, or as in the case of the one I just did, two. Arena events can have only one "non-lethal" event, but like five lethal ones. I ran the game through with default characters to get a feel for how it was going, and only the real ones when I was happy with how they were playing out. Use executive decision depending on how the simulated game runs, I did toss out the first one I ran where 3/4 of the cast was liberated or killed by the protesters on the first day (I'd made the event way too lethal, took it down from five "lethal" events down to three.) Escaping characters are handled as lethal events in system since there is no real mechanism for them. If you have any other questions just ask in the thread. :)

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

I nominate

Friedrich Nietzsche!

and Teen Girl Squad!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I would like to nominate Dan Stevens

and Sergeant Nicholas Angel.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
For this round, I submit the highly experienced team of

a Metal Slime

and Murphy's Ghost.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to hell you go! It's Snow White!

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeit! It's Clay Davis!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I also would love to see Clay Davis get into the sheeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiit

My nominations are as follows:

In keeping with the tangentially-related Friends cast, Benny from Fallout: New Vegas:

And my avatar, Flash Man from Mega Man 2:

EDIT: Changed to literally the same image of my avatar, not that smoother version.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

The Tomato King is still out there ... :tinfoil:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
That was one hell of an ending guy, kudos to McCloud.

I'll nominate The Clones of Hank and Dean Venture

and Fredo Corleone

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

This was a great couple of games Miles McCloud. Please don't think just because there were not a ton of replies that the work you put in wasn't greatly appreciated. I'm super stoked that Doom Guy had such a big part to play in the games.

Anyways, I nominate Brock Samson

and Sgt. Hatred

(Please god don't let Sgt. Hatred get caught in pedophile hijinks)

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I nominate

Sinbad

and

the 1985 Chicago Bears

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

CHARIZARD used SMOKESCREEN
It doesn't affect GEORDI THE BLASTOISE!

limp_cheese posted:

This was a great couple of games Miles McCloud. Please don't think just because there were not a ton of replies that the work you put in wasn't greatly appreciated. I'm super stoked that Doom Guy had such a big part to play in the games.

Thanks! :) I'm glad everyone enjoyed them, they were a lot of fun to put together. I'd be happy to run another one sometime if we need a host again.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Miles McCloud posted:

Thanks! :) I'm glad everyone enjoyed them, they were a lot of fun to put together. I'd be happy to run another one sometime if we need a host again.

I think I got the editing down. Adding a LOT of stuff, trying to cover all bases/scenarios while hoping it'll be entertaining for you guys.

I won't be doing the superbowl set up, but please do not hesitate to put in requests for events. More inspiration is always good!

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

EorayMel posted:

I think I got the editing down. Adding a LOT of stuff, trying to cover all bases/scenarios while hoping it'll be entertaining for you guys.

I won't be doing the superbowl set up, but please do not hesitate to put in requests for events. More inspiration is always good!

Dang it! Will there be a theme like the previous Costco/Kirkland rounds, or are you planning an OG Hunger Games style where people can be kicked into volcanic lava or buried in an Avalanche?

Monsoon rain resulting in flooding for an event, maybe?

I’ll finally pitch in and make some nominations:

RoboVampire

Johnny Dingle and Scooter Berry

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jan 24, 2018

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

LadyPictureShow posted:

Dang it! Will there be a theme like the previous Costco/Kirkland rounds, or are you planning an OG Hunger Games style where people can be kicked into volcanic lava or buried in an Avalanche?

Monsoon rain resulting in flooding for an event, maybe?

A theme like the gooncamp and costco battles. I'll say that much :wink:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

E: Apparently we got 34 thus far. I'm hoping we get 14 more for 48, max amount of tributes duking it out.

Also did a quick test run with custom events. Looks good :c00l:

Also also: do you guys mind if I replace one of my tributes with one I think would be much more fitting/recognizable? I just figured out the two perfect combatants for next time around but that's for later. Should we not get enough, I'll just have to inject others to fill in the void if we get 4~ combatants short of 48.

EorayMel fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Jan 24, 2018

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
gently caress it I'll continue the achewood theme with....

Cornelius Bear , noted winner of The Badass Games

and....

DCS Christopher Foyle

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I thought of some forums-themed events, if those are still a thing:

(Character) builds a faulty zipline. (Other character) tries to ride it, hits a tree at high speeds, and dies.

(Character) finds a stockpile of mangosteens in the woods.

(Character) is desperately waiting for his sponsor to send food, but the sponsor buys a Honda CR-V instead.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I thought of some forums-themed events, if those are still a thing:

(Character) builds a faulty zipline. (Other character) tries to ride it, hits a tree at high speeds, and dies.

(Character) finds a stockpile of mangosteens in the woods.

(Character) is desperately waiting for his sponsor to send food, but the sponsor buys a Honda CR-V instead.

(Character) trips down some stairs and crashes through a window to their death.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I nominate:

Robert Cop (The furniture of law enforcement)

and

Darth Macho

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Nominations:

Chancellor Gowron of the Klingon Empire

and

K-Pop group Orange Caramel

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

I like the zipline idea suggested ITT.

If my counting is correct we just need 8 more!

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I nominate:

Luau Ghost

And

Middle School Picture Day Cat

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Koko Goldstein

Riggs and Murtaugh

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
"(Player1) is completely skeletonized. For some bizarre reason, this fails to kill him/her."'
"(Player1) wakes up with a horse's severed head in their bed, and starts screaming."
"The last vestiges of (Player1)'s sanity shatter, and he/she goes completely feral."
"(Player1) cooks a meal for (2-3 others). It is absolutely delicious and they all have a great time."
"(Player1) cooks a meal for (2-3 others). It is heinously disgusting and they chase (Player1) off."
"(Player1) and (Player2) play dueling banjos. It is unclear who wins, but drat they played good."

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

(character) puts pineapple on a pizza he found. (Other Character) is so disgusted that he stabs (character) in the back.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

"(player1) finds the body of (player2). (player1), crying, cradles the body and yells "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

(character) puts pineapple on a pizza he found. (Other Character) is so disgusted that he stabs (character) in the back.

(X) smothers his/her food in ketchup, observing this (Y) kills him/her out of god drat principle.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

I got all the events written up, doing a test simulation now. Also added a couple more put in here. Keep on with the characters; we may start one tonight if all goes well!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I nominate this unenthusiastic geisha.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

LadyPictureShow posted:

I nominate:

Luau Ghost

Stay fed, Luau Ghost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

We just need 3 more. I'm already giggling nonstop at the cast. I imagine the real deal will be just as hilarious :allears: