Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

ahahahaha yesssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/BurkeanBeer/status/955512654684147713?ref_src=twcamp%5Eshare%7Ctwsrc%5Em5%7Ctwgr%5Eemail%7Ctwcon%5E7046%7Ctwterm%5E1

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

IT'S LIT

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Cthulu Carl posted:

Bein' a spineless Democratic Senator to trigger the libs.

Not this one tho.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

da mothafuckin atatürk z0ne

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

My balls are in the romulan neutral zone

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Bob NewSCART posted:

Lol the Democrats are so unbelievably loving spineless I have trouble believing the same fuckers aren’t just pulling the strings for both parties anymore.

Hell, same.

Makes me feel like a conspiracy theorist whackaloon, but it's awfully tempting.

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean

day redeemed

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I wonder what his password was?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

bloom posted:

lol

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

I've never realized how badly I've wanted to read one man's thirsty DMs before.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Big time lol

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

It'd be pretty hilarious if Trump just vetoes anything the Senate gives him because he's angry they got more attention than him.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

My balls have been hacked as well

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Hell, same.

Makes me feel like a conspiracy theorist whackaloon, but it's awfully tempting.

Yea wouldn’t it be convenient if everyone that caught onto it got labeled as a nutcase too???

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/22/politics/donald-trump-shutdown/index.html
Trump's gonna speak today supposively. This will serve up some lols.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

bloom posted:

hahaha

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Gaukler posted:

Oh no right in the GDP

It's not always Red or Blue that gets people moving, but Green certainly does.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

How in the hell did I realize this was going to happen? Like I asked myself " ok what is the dumbest and most openly traitorous thing can do now, block the agreed upon deal?"

How is he this self-sabotaging?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
The press ogre is on
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bgmVs0U2hI

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

B...but, that's not really him! No blue checkmark! You can't prove anything!

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
I hope the super turk teen hackers do two things next:

1: hack trump and get the funny trump DM's where he keeps DM'ing people to tell him that he's out of toilet paper and

2: hack The freaking huckster and get all her online nudes and post them in a torrent so I can print them out and rasterbate my entire living room wall with them.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Gaukler posted:

The Dems love to demonstrate their good faith by repeatedly rolling over and agreeing to everything the GOP wants. They are continually outmaneuvered by a nakedly-perfidious turtle man and have been rewarded for their good deeds by losing election after election. Maybe actually taking a stand on something at a time where the GOP was looking really dumb for shutting down the government would have been a good plan, but nope gotta sacrifice ourselves at the altar of bipartisanship again.

The lol is for all the optimism that McConnell will actually keep a promise.

Reminder that the Democrats had a SCOTUS seat stolen out from under them after months of attempting to be the adults in the room.

You just can't argue with results like these! :shepface:

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
All I want for 2018 is a big ol' torrent dump of grainy jpegs with the shuckster scowling in lingerie in front of a dirty bath room mirror.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

Kumo posted:

I'm going to take the unpopular opinion that maybe Congress should at least try to fund the government and negotiate on bills, at least for the time being.

The Democrats can demonstrate good faith, and if the Republicans make them eat poo poo for doing so, then the Democrats can shutdown the government again.

Haha yeah this has never repeatedly backfired every single loving time on them before

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Listen guys I have a serious and important question about the government. Here is my questions: when you have Huck Eyes do you have a blind spot directly in front of you, or what?

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Burt Sexual posted:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/22/politics/donald-trump-shutdown/index.html
Trump's gonna speak today supposively. This will serve up some lols.

Folks, and wow, what a crowd we have. So many coming out to support this, the grand opening of the government after the shutdown.

I was deeply, deeply involved in the negotiations this weekend to save us from a shutdown. But the Schumer Shutdown, that's what everyone is calling it. They wouldn't deal and we shut down. I said "fine, let it shut down, I'll pay everyone!". I really did, believe me.

That Friday, the woman who cleans the Oval Office, she came up to me.

"Meester Trump! Meester President! Why are the Democrats shutting down? This is no BWEN-NO"

That's what she said, she was a legal immigrant from Spanish... from Mexico. Great woman, great cleaner. I told her, I'm sorry, they just hate America, and she agreed with me. And sadly, the Oval Office has not been cleaned since then. Now there's a real... well, you know that word. That word the FAKE NEWS is claiming I said. Which I never did, never once.

You know, it's one year. One year since I became the President of this great country. That's why they did it, folks, they want it. Want me to look bad, but you know what? I can't look bad, I'm doing too much great stuff with the taxes and jobs. The jobs! Biggest jobs market in history, most growth in history, most houses in history. Can you believe that?

The government shut down. And unfortunately, thousands of people lost their lives. Those lives are on the hands.... in the heads of the Democrats. And I hope they realize that and never sssscchhut downsss againchhhhh. Thankssssch, Happy New Year, Happy Valentine's Day, and have a wonderful day.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I guess Clarke did not use 2 step verification

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Shwqa posted:

Haha holy poo poo the democrats so spineless. They aggreed to unconditional surrender in the only moment they had power. Surely this will make people want to vote for them in the mid term election.

It's a long-time Democrat tradition to never actually stand for anything, just to make ineffectual flailing gestures at the opposition.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Reminder that the Democrats had a SCOTUS seat stolen out from under them after months of attempting to be the adults in the room.

They are like the doormat in a marriage who constantly gives up in an argument because "you gotta know when to pick your battles" only they give up every battle and then the one time they want to pick the color of paint for the new house there is a big fight and they still don't end up getting what they want

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Haha yeah this has never repeatedly backfired every single loving time on them before

idk now that i've thought about it punting shutdowns to be closer to the election when the republicans are attempting shut down in order to block overwhelmingly popular legislation is actually not too bad a move

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

ie: as long as the CRs keep expiring before the election and causing more shutdowns that's kind of a great way to let the repubs punch themselves in the balls over & over again leading up to the election

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

The Press Ogre answered 10 questions with "Uh...look.".

poorlifedecision
Feb 13, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Was there anything they could have done to bring Garland's hearings to the floor?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

https://twitter.com/BurkeanBeer/status/955512654684147713?s=17

Gaukler
Oct 9, 2012

poorlifedecision posted:

Was there anything they could have done to bring Garland's hearings to the floor?

Yes. Besides making it more of an issue, they could have just ended the filibuster (Which McConnell did for a bunch of nominations as soon as they got in [though not SCOTUS noms])

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I thought the Democrats didn't push the Garland thing because Hillary was a shoe-in to win and then could have appointed an even more left leaning judge and would have checkmated the Republicans

But it's hard to checkmate someone when you keep stapling your balls to your leg

poorlifedecision
Feb 13, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Gaukler posted:

Yes. Besides making it more of an issue, they could have just ended the filibuster (Which McConnell did for a bunch of nominations as soon as they got in [though not SCOTUS noms])

Seemed like a pretty big issue to me but ???

Was there a reason beyond being the big kids that they didn't kill the filibuster? Did it require a rule change they didn't want to do? I can't remember any of the specifics anymore.

Gaukler
Oct 9, 2012

poorlifedecision posted:

Seemed like a pretty big issue to me but ???

Was there a reason beyond being the big kids that they didn't kill the filibuster? Did it require a rule change they didn't want to do? I can't remember any of the specifics anymore.

The GOP/media would have crucified them for "radical" moves because the same standard doesn't apply to both sides but no, ending the filibuster only requires 51 votes as it is a rule change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaukler
Oct 9, 2012

WhyteRyce posted:

I thought the Democrats didn't push the Garland thing because Hillary was a shoe-in to win and then could have appointed an even more left leaning judge and would have checkmated the Republicans

But it's hard to checkmate someone when you keep stapling your balls to your leg

Yeah this. They just started doing a victory lap and figured Hillary would fix it and then the lols happened and we haven't seen our balls since.